I got an upgrade! Do I tell the hubby?

Well, I found out on Friday night when I signed in to finish my on line check in paperwork and we cruise this weekend.

When I received our documents from DCL for the cruise about Jan. 8th-9th it still showed our stateroom as being the Cat 9 on Deck 2 we originally booked. So I figure you can find out about an upgrade anytime right up to the time you check in at the port.

So far I have managed not to spill the secret to the hubby but I'm glad he is out of town for business this week. He had to travel to the east coast and took his vacation suitcase in case he gets delayed and has to meet me in Orlando.

While I was shoveling the snow from my driveway, again, I kept thinking just a few more days, just a few more days. :rotfl:

Evil Queen - Thanks for the info! There is still hope for us yet! Congrats on getting the upgrade and have a great time on your cruise!!

Just in case there is still some confusion, the aft cabins have a solid verandah. This means just the bottom half of the rail is solid. It is not "enclosed" like the Navigator verandahs. Other than that, you are wide open to sun, sea, and sky. Many passengers prefer the plexiglas because they can see the ocean from inside the cabin and when they sit on the chairs on the verandah. With the solid, you can only see the ocean if you stand up. I had one on my last trip and, while I prefer the clear, it was fine. Still was a very nice place to have breakfast or to unwind in the evening.

I received a call from DCL today confirming our stateroom upgrade. She said just to change the stateroom number on our luggage tags and the rest of our documents were good to go.

I am so excited to get the surprise upgrade! :hyper:

That's so Cool. We were upgraded from Cat 9 to Cat 5 on our last cruise. The balcony was so nice to have. Enjoy your cruise!

Just wanted to let you guys know I was able to keep the upgrade a surprise until Friday night! :cool1:

Since we were using "freebies" for our airfare I upgraded us to Business class when I did the on line check in. I thought I would get us off to a great start. DH thought that was great and started his non-stop nap before we left the gate. :lmao:

We were staying at the airport Hyatt so after dinner wander around a bit before heading back to the room. I got out the luggage tags to put on the suitcases for DCL transfers and the "contract" page of the on line check in for him to sign so we had everything ready for next morning. So that's when I told him that I had gotten a call from DCL a couple of days earlier and there was a change to our cruise. He immediately thought they had changed one of the ports since it happened once before after Cozumel was wiped out with a hurricane. And he was hoping we were going back to Nassau again when I said "No we got upgraded to a Cat 6 with verandah." So after a couple of moments of shock he started the Happy Dance. party:

It was great!

Just wanted to let you guys know I was able to keep the upgrade a surprise until Friday night! :cool1:

Since we were using "freebies" for our airfare I upgraded us to Business class when I did the on line check in. I thought I would get us off to a great start. DH thought that was great and started his non-stop nap before we left the gate. :lmao:

We were staying at the airport Hyatt so after dinner wander around a bit before heading back to the room. I got out the luggage tags to put on the suitcases for DCL transfers and the "contract" page of the on line check in for him to sign so we had everything ready for next morning. So that's when I told him that I had gotten a call from DCL a couple of days earlier and there was a change to our cruise. He immediately thought they had changed one of the ports since it happened once before after Cozumel was wiped out with a hurricane. And he was hoping we were going back to Nassau again when I said "No we got upgraded to a Cat 6 with verandah." So after a couple of moments of shock he started the Happy Dance. party:

It was great!

That's great you were able to keep it a surprise that long. 2 upgrades in 1 trip, what a great way to start off a vacation.
Glad you had a great time. :thumbsup2

I was just in 6648 on the 1/17/09 Magic (2 doors aft from your cabin). Loved our location. Our verandah was a bit deeper than yours will be due to the curve of the ship (you can see the difference on the deck plans). We had Kenneth as our room host and he was very good. Made us different animals every night.

Here is link to my room report...there are 3 reports for that room...mine is the third but they are all basically the same.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=6648

I have stayed in solid wall verandahs before and enjoy them.

For the poster who was inquiring on how to tell if they had a solid wall or not....when you look at a deck plan any cabin aft of the pink Navigator verandah's are solid wall verandahs..as mentioned before they have an * on the deck plan as well. It is just due to the structure and curve of the ship.

Enjoy your upgrade. We had breakfast out there a few times and had some wine and cheese as well!!! Also did some reading out there. Only problem we had was when it rained our verandah did not drain....the next day when there was still standing water a crew came up and wet-vacced the verandah. They did the cabins on either side of us as well so if it happens to you just call guest service and they will send someone up to clean up the water.

Duh....I just re-read your last post and realized you are back already!! Did you have any rain? Did you have Kenneth? How did you like the verandah?

MJ

How can we find out what type of verandah we have? I just assumed all verandah's were the clear plexiglass ones.. Now I am starting to worry. We are in connecting cabins 6620 & 6622. Thanks for any information. :thumbsup2

You have plexiglass verandahs. Solid wall verandahs are at the very aft of the ship.

Can someone tell me if this is true? We're in room 6622 and it has an asterisk...I've been bumming because I was under the impression that we have a solid white wall, but there was nothing else available.

Sorry...I didn't realize there were multiple pages to this post before I replied. My question was already answered. We have a solid wall verandah.:sad:

It was great!

that's great! I wouldn't have been able to hold out that long!

Holding out on telling the hubby was easier as he was traveling for business that week arriving back home late the night before we left. And while he was on the road there was on time for a couple of short phone calls. :goodvibes

Yes we had Kenneth for our stateroom host. He as fantastic! :thumbsup2 Only time we ever saw him was in the hallway outside of other cabins.

We were thrilled with the verandah and probably are spoiled so we will always want one.

I spent a long week getting caught up at work from being gone for the week. I am so ready to get back on the ship. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter