I got a new job!!

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by zeitzeuge, Mar 9, 2011.

1. TagsMissy

TagsMissy It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

:blush::blush:

:lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wallyb

wallyb <font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co

I could take some dictation if you like! :flower3:

4. jjjmranch

jjjmranch Mouseketeer

Congratulations on the new job! I wish I had the discipline to be able to work from home. I need the "working" environment or I'd procrastinate until the late hours of night to meet my deadlines.

5. 2GirlsMama

2GirlsMama Happy Wife and Mom

Thank you for sharing your joy! I'm really happy for you. I hope you love your new job!!:)

6. Saxton

Saxton DIS Veteran

Great news, congratulations!

7. zeitzeuge

zeitzeuge <font color=red>DallasDisneyDork<br><font color=te

LOL hmmmm, not sure about that, but I would definitely be working in my jammies. :)

And thanks everyone. I completed the fingerprinting yesterday and the I9 verification. This place is like fort knox and they don't mess around. I've completed all of the onboarding stuff now and just waiting on the final confirmation so I can turn in notice.

Now to plan that Disneyland trip that we've put off because of our lives being in limbo.

Oh and get this, I'm probably going to be turning in my notice beginning of next week more than likely. I was called into the "big bosses" office yesterday and I got worried. No one gets called in there. I sit down and he said, oh by the way here's this years bonus. Thanks for the hard work.

I felt so guilty. For about a minute.......

8. wallyb

You need some spend therapy! :banana:

9. zeitzeuge

You don't know how bad I want to just go on a crazy shopping spree!

Over the past 6 months while all this stuff was going on at my current job, I stopped spending and charging and concentrated on paying off all of my 6 credit cards. I just paid off the 5th one today so I only have one left to pay off, which will only take me a couple more months. Not shopping for anything except items we need, has been brutal. Especially when Kenneth Cole sends me an email and says that there's 50% additional off all sale stuff. Ugh.....

So now I'm not as paranoid about spending, so I'm thinking maybe a baby shopping spree is in order and treat my partner to something nice. :)

10. TinkerChelle

TinkerChelle Happy Mommy of 2

Congrats! Wonderful news! Hope you get the thumbs up to give that 2 weeks notice soon. :thumbsup2

11. wallyb

[​IMG]

Lucy would just buy a new hat
    and that seemed to fix matters.

12. wcpamotm

wcpamotm It's never too late to have a happy childhood

If you're still feeling any guilt over that bonus, I'm sure the good folks at Disneyland will be happy to take it off your hands! :)

13. Peepster

Peepster DIS Veteran

Well, I can't create pretty colors or fancy stuff but I can tell you how thrilled I am for you! As one who has had "the life sucked out of self" upon occasion by jobs from heck, I can emphathize.

Celebrate!!!

14. zeitzeuge

I noticed I never mentioned it here, but everything came back ok with the background check and I'm good to go! I start on Monday. Wish I could have had a few days extra off before I start, but oh well. Last day today at my current job. Going to miss my co-workers. But that's the only thing I'm going to miss. lol