I got a call back from Member satisfaction

We stayed at AKL last year and was a little disappointed. Not 1 welcome home. The staff seemed in a bad mood. At BCV this year 3 welcome homes in 30 minutes. The front dersk staff at BCV was great and really picked my spirits up. A very rough trip down. It wasn't long till they had me smiling again. I just let the AKL thing go because it was new.

:) I wrote a 2 page letter exhaulting my Guide recently for going above and beyond after I made some stupid errors on our upcoming reservation. Sheila called me back and left a message on my cell phone thanking me for the letter and telling me that the chain of command would be informed as well as the Guide and the letter placed in his file. She was very nice and hospitable during the message which was about a minute long....and not just a simple thank you. She is a great PR person for Mr. Lewis' office which is where I sent one of 2 letters. It only took about a week and a half between mailing and her calling me. So someone is paying attention somewhere, sometimes.

Yes, for a 2 page letter I made some really stupid boo boo's and he rescued me....did his job very well.

Sheila (whether or not it was the same person) from Member Satisfaction call me, too, this past March...only it was NOT the pleasant conversation you-all are reporting.

BCV/MS had canceled the last night of our vacation (the five-night reservation was a series of linked one and two night reservations, all of which had shown up correctly on our room keys when we checked in) and totally messed up our points...I'd dealt solely w/MS on it (finally got it sorted out, but it made for a pretty bad last day of our vacation)...she called to say she'd seen we had a problem (I didn't call/write Member Satisfaction, as I recall...she initiated the call), and she wanted to "help me use DVC" as she said it was entirely my fault for the mess-up (because I'd made a number of changes in the reservation...we started at OKW, moved to OKW nr HH, then to BCV, pretty much a day or two at a time)...

I was pretty miffed that she blamed the mess-up on me...she was quite condescending and kept telling me that I needed to learn/understand the system...by the time I'd explained what I'd done and when, it turned out she agreed I'd done it correctly. No apologies, though. Just an "oh, now I understand what you did. I didn't before. Please call me if you need help making reservations in the future."

It left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Then, the following month, my Visa bill arrived with a "mystery" $600 (or so) charge on it...I called accounting, and they not only found the error (Disney's), they found an additional error (also Disney's) that I hadn't found and credited my account right away...that helped remove the bad effect from my conversation w/Sheila.

So, I'm glad she's nice to some of you (if it's the same Sheila). As for me, I hope I never talk to her again!

Great letter Diane. Thank you for sharing it with us. We definitely will inform them if and when we have concerns.

With Disney wanting to be "green" now, you would think they would realize what a waste the planners are when the spiral would save so much paper and money.

I wrote an email to Member Services expressing disappointment that an outdated, full-color brochure was printed and mailed to us. I realize I should have contacted Member Satisfaction instead. However, here is the response I received:

The 2009 Vacation Planner was delayed by several changes that were
announced at the end of 2008 including the new waitlist guidelines and
the switch from Interval International to RCI. We wanted to make sure we
did get this to our Members in a printed version since you can always
access the information that way in case of technical challenges. We also
have many Members without Internet access who needed this in a printed
form as well.

Sincerely,

Todd

Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

I have to agree with you about the vacation planner, it looks much more like a “sales” brochure that something that is truly focused on supplying member’s complete and accurate information. I guess it works for DVC sales since the members pay for it to be published.

Additionally it is environmentally inappropriate in my opinion, especially when a 3 ring binder with updates existed in the past (before my time), which was much more environmentally friendly

bookwormde

Does anyone else suspect that if they were to change the planner to a less expensive three-ring binder then there will be an avalance of complaints here about how "everything is going downhill" and "the quality is less but our dues keep going up"?
Paul Pressler once said of Disneyland that you can't even move a bench in the park without someone writing a letter complaining about it. These forums are the same.

Another vote for going back to the 3 ring binder. It worked well for us. I still have mine & the bag it came in. I'm tired of receiving the same expensive books that are really sales materials. Just give me what I need for my binder in a timely manner & if something changes--send me a note:

Please replace p.56-61 w/ the following pages.

To avoid any confusion they can simply print a publishing date on the bottom or top.

Let's go green!

The DVC website stinks! I can get my info from the DISboards faster any day!

Jim Lewis is a marketing guy so he loves fancy books and mailings.

There is only one Shelia on the Member Satisfaction Team. I also have had mixed contacts with Shelia.

The feeling that I get from the resort Cast Members is that they don't have to impress members to get us to come back. We will always come back to use our points.

The DVC Member Satisfaction email address is: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Jim Lewis is a marketing guy so he loves fancy books and mailings.

There is only one Shelia on the Member Satisfaction Team. I also have had mixed contacts with Shelia.

The feeling that I get from the resort Cast Members is that they don't have to impress members to get us to come back. We will always come back to use our points.

The DVC Member Satisfaction email address is: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I wonder if "Shelia" is just the name CMs use who work on that team..maybe there are multiple Shelias..

I wonder if "Shelia" is just the name CMs use who work on that team..maybe there are multiple Shelias..

Likely true if they are based in Australia!:lmao:

We have only been members for 5 years and the 3-ring binders pre-date us. However, I am the self-proclaimed queen of 3-ring binders--you have got to see my classroom! Everything is in binders! I would LOVE to have a binder for all of my DVC paperwork! It would all be in one place, easy to find, and organized.

Does anyone else suspect that if they were to change the planner to a less expensive three-ring binder then there will be an avalance of complaints here about how "everything is going downhill" and "the quality is less but our dues keep going up"?
Paul Pressler once said of Disneyland that you can't even move a bench in the park without someone writing a letter complaining about it. These forums are the same.

That's so true! However, I hope DVC understands that Diane's not a complainer-when she writes a letter (and a very well-written one, great job!), they'd better notice. I'm very pleased about the way this was handled.

No, Shelia is Shelia. I have talked to all of them enough that I recognize their voices.

Sheila (whether or not it was the same person) from Member Satisfaction call me, too, this past March...only it was NOT the pleasant conversation you-all are reporting.

BCV/MS had canceled the last night of our vacation (the five-night reservation was a series of linked one and two night reservations, all of which had shown up correctly on our room keys when we checked in) and totally messed up our points...I'd dealt solely w/MS on it (finally got it sorted out, but it made for a pretty bad last day of our vacation)...she called to say she'd seen we had a problem (I didn't call/write Member Satisfaction, as I recall...she initiated the call), and she wanted to "help me use DVC" as she said it was entirely my fault for the mess-up (because I'd made a number of changes in the reservation...we started at OKW, moved to OKW nr HH, then to BCV, pretty much a day or two at a time)...

I was pretty miffed that she blamed the mess-up on me...she was quite condescending and kept telling me that I needed to learn/understand the system...by the time I'd explained what I'd done and when, it turned out she agreed I'd done it correctly. No apologies, though. Just an "oh, now I understand what you did. I didn't before. Please call me if you need help making reservations in the future."

It left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Then, the following month, my Visa bill arrived with a "mystery" $600 (or so) charge on it...I called accounting, and they not only found the error (Disney's), they found an additional error (also Disney's) that I hadn't found and credited my account right away...that helped remove the bad effect from my conversation w/Sheila.

So, I'm glad she's nice to some of you (if it's the same Sheila). As for me, I hope I never talk to her again!

Wow this is beyond unacceptable. I have been a DVC member for 8 years and this one takes the cake. I am sorry you had to deal with this.

Very true! If I got a 3 ring binder in the mail, I might think that DVC is getting cheap on us and trying to save money but the dues always go up each year.

On a related note to the subject of this thread. I wrote to DVC member satisfaction a couple of weeks ago with an issue that I had with points that I had banked into 2010 and the change in the 2010 points charts and how the points change had screwed me up with my banked points. I got a call a few days later from a woman who very nicely reversed the banked points back into my 2009 use year. It was a small amount of points but it made a difference and I was impressed with how DVC responded to my personal situation.

With Disney wanting to be "green" now, you would think they would realize what a waste the planners are when the spiral would save so much paper and money.

That was actually what spurred me on to write the letter in the first place. That and the fact that they were too late to be of any help. When I told Sheila about how well the 3 ring binders worked, she had no knowledge of their existance. I guess at the annual meeting in December we should bring ours along so Jim Lewis can see what a good idea they were over what we have now!;)

Diane
Did she tell you anything about the beds. On our last stay at OKW I noticed how hard the bed was.

No, she didn't, and I didn't bring it up in our conversation. It kind of fell by the wayside with the direction the conversation took. I do know that the beds we have had the last few times have been new, but they are still very hard.

No, she didn't, and I didn't bring it up in our conversation. It kind of fell by the wayside with the direction the conversation took. I do know that the beds we have had the last few times have been new, but they are still very hard.

Thanks for the reply Diane. I was hoping they would replace the beds with pillow tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter