1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

I get it now.....onsite it is! I am hooked

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by princessap, Mar 7, 2013.

1. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

I am thinking beach club/poly split maybe.....would beach club be good for kids ages 2,5,6??

I agree it is an addiction. we got home wed and my dh called me thursday to see if i was planning our next trip already? lol. He would rather go other places but he loves seeing our kids reactions to disney and with their ages right now nothing else will top disney!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. iheartpeterpan

iheartpeterpan Still A Kid At Heart

I don't really feel that way. I like all the resorts I have stayed in for a variety of reasons. I've stayed Deluxe at both GF (CL!) and WL, and have also subsequently stayed at CSR and the Fort. I will be going back in 2 weeks to stay at POFQ. I can definitely stay anywhere at Disney, but always know what I'm getting when I go!

4. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

Most people just don't get it until they do it. Most of us here have seen the light and will never go back to offsite. Welcome to the light. :idea:

5. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to stay onsite and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. Something magical about seeing the castle at the poly!

My DH who says we aren't going every year is coming around too which is awesome! I stay home with my girls and we need to save for these trips, if I was working I would love to go twice a year!

Having said that we love onsite now, I truthfully think we loved the poly for the conveniences of it and think with three kids 5 and under we will be monorail resort people/ deluxe resort people for a while. It was so easy using the monorail and if I had to pack my kids up to get them on a bus after the parks I don't see the advantage of onsite and would probably stay at bonnet creek. When they are older though I want to try POR.

I am officially hooked! Now only if I could win the lottery! Lol

6. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

We stayed on-site, had a deal we couldn't pass staying off-site and have never done that again. No matter what the cost savings by staying off-site.

Why we love staying at Disney resorts:

Theming, the Cast Members, the beautiful gardens and fountains, resort restaurants and shopping, walking around the resorts and hearing the birds and no traffic noises outside your room, only the sound of the resorts carts, no road construction to drive around getting to WDW, no rush hour traffic congestion getting to WDW, love WDW transportation (no parking hassles), packages delivered to your room, the ease of getting back to the resort mid-afternnon rest, relaxation, swim, than getting back to the parks again and more.

7. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

I agree with all the reasons you listed. it was so easy staying onsite and being immersed in the magic was great. I loved the poly because it was disney but not in your face disney.

I wish i could go back for Christmas!!