I finally picked a resort - WL

Lostinwdw

Earning My Ears
Thanks for everyone's help. I got a decent deal from expedia.

Can you please post bad and good things about the lodge?

Is the bus full at that stop? Does it stop there?
I heard there is some sort of boat that stops there?
Is it better to stay at one part over the other?
Any other lodge advice.

Thanks!:D

We just got back from WL (our third trip) and you absolutely made the right choice!
We love WL!

I have never used the bus system so I cannot comment on that. The boat from WL will take you to Magic Kingdom, Contemporary or Fort Wilderness. From MK you can take the monorail to Epcot Grand FLoridian, Polynesian or Contenporary. There are also other boats you can take from MK.
We loved taking the boats-very relaxing.

Depending on what type of room you booked would depend on which part of WL you want. If you have a Woods View , then you might want the North Wing (the left wing of the hotel) for a view of Bay lake and possibly the castle. If you have a courtyard view that either wing would be nice. WL considers a view of the main pool and the view of the WL Villas Pool a courtyard view so be specific on what you want to look at.

We just had a standard view room booked last week but were given a free upgrade to a courtyard view, south wing. We had an excellant view of the pool and lake. I usually prefer the north wing because its closer to Roaring Forks, where you fill your refillabel mugs.

I have nothing negative to say about the lodge. You cant beat the lobby with the music playing and the overall relaxed atmosphere.

Let me know if I can tell you anything more.

BAD? Did you say bad? There is nothing bad about WL? Join in on the WL thread for any questions you may have!:D

Go to WL FAQ and then to page 22. Read WL PT 1,2,3,4. This will help answer a lot of questions for you. Read the rest of the thread, I can't imagine any question that has not been delt with there.

If you still have a question, ask and it shall be given to you from every perspective.
You should be aware that after your first visit you are forever doomed to return there.

We love WL! We went in 2000 and again this year. There's just something about the place!

We never had a problem with the bus being full when it picked us up...we just thought it was kind of a long ride as it looped thru FW after picking us up. But, on the way back - you get off first!

The boat to MK (when we were there) went from WL to MK, but on the way back from MK, went to FW and then WL. I think that sometimes changes, because the boat driver announced we'd be going by FW first. We ended up using the rental car more than WDW transportation...but that had a LOT more to do with my fatigue level this year than it did with the transportation. When we were there in 2000, we used nothing but the WDW transportation, and thought it was fine.

My only disappointment with WL this year was that the pool was CRAZY...but again there were two factors 1) the time of year - we'd never been in July! Wow, it's busy! and 2) my fatigue level meant we couldn't think opposite the masses. We almost always try to avoid pools during the peak times in the afternoon...but by 2:00 or so, I'd be waning, and needed to dunk in, grab a frozen libation, and cool off! That put us there at a really popular time...so my opinion on the pool is completely biased by those factors.

You will LOVE WL - Have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!