I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

Just got caught back up!! Happy b-day to your little guy! I am also so excited to find out about Be our Guest....oh the suspense!

BTW, when I hid in our ensuite bathroom to do our ADR's at 6 am, my middle DD came into our bedroom asked DH why I was locked in the bathroom. Quick thinker he is, said "she's going poo poo". DD says "What!!! Mommy doesn't do that in the morning only you!!"

Too funny, and I am listening to this while trying to enter all our info on the computer without making a mistake! Yikes...:laughing:

Hi girls!

Just for the record-I hide in the garage when I call Disney ;)

OMG - too funny! :lmao:

Just got caught back up!! Happy b-day to your little guy! I am also so excited to find out about Be our Guest....oh the suspense!

Thank you! I wish they would just go ahead & release the opening date already! At least then I owuld know if I could go or not.

BTW, when I hid in our ensuite bathroom to do our ADR's at 6 am, my middle DD came into our bedroom asked DH why I was locked in the bathroom. Quick thinker he is, said "she's going poo poo". DD says "What!!! Mommy doesn't do that in the morning only you!!"

Too funny, and I am listening to this while trying to enter all our info on the computer without making a mistake! Yikes...:laughing:

:rotfl2: That is hilarious! I would've lost it & been laughing! :rotfl2:

subbing in, oh the suspense in the ADR's you booked:confused:

I had the same online booking trouble you did:confused3 glad you got everything you wanted:goodvibes

Your little one is adorable

Happy Easter Everybody!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I know I need to get going on trip details, but since we still have a little over 5 months I figured I'd do an update about our weekend first.

Our weekend started on Friday. We drove to my mom's house to drop off Reid for the night. From there, Ed & I headed to New Orleans. He had registered to run in a 10K race on the Saturday morning in order to get a qualifying time for the ToT race at Disney. So, we checked into the hotel around 1pm & our room was ready. This was the view from our room:

That's the Mississippi River in the distance. We got settled & headed out to grab a quick bite for lunch. We got to go to the Expo for the race for Ed to pick up a couple of shirts. And then we headed back out. We went here and did a litte bit of shopping:

I picked up this shirt for myself:

Goonies is one of my all time favorite movies! I can't say how much I love that movie!

Now, outside of the Riverwalk there are sometimes cruise ships docked for Carnival or Royal Caribbean. But, today there was this ship:

There were people boarding with luggage. I think it does a cruise up & down the Mississippi River.

From there, we headed into the French Quarter to do some walking, shopping, & sightseeing. Here's a little walking tour for y'all:

This is Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral:

We stopped for a bit to listen to this band play. They were quite good:

You'll find all sorts of artists & entertainers in the Quarter. And in Jackson Square you will find lots & lots of palm & tarot card readers.

And then, we ended up here for dinner:

Yes, with all of the fabulous food in New Orleans, we ended up at a chain restaurant. :sad2: But, what can I say? I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan! The food was good as always. And so were the pina coladas! :cloud9:

From there, we walked the Quarter some more & then headed back to the hotel. Ed got up on the Saturday morning & ran the race. He told me to stay at the hotel & just sleep in. (*Thank you Ed! I know you'll be lurking at some point to read this!) It was a glorious morning getting to sleep until 9:40! Ed was back at the hotel by 10:15am. He showered, we checked out & headed back to the Quarter to grab a bite for lunch. Here are just a few more pics from that day:

We stopped to listen to this band. They were incredible:

We then headed back to my mom's to pick up Mr. Reid. He missed us but he had a great time being spoiled at Grammy & PawPaw's.

Today, we spent a nice, relaxing day at home. Of course, the Easter Bunny had passed for Reid:

And then, we spent the day playing around outside:

Thank y'all for letting me side track on our mini-kid-free-getaway! I had every intention of doing this update plus my 1st update of trip details tonight. However, I got started later than I anticipated. So, I promise that the next update will be the 1st set of trip details! :goodvibes

I'm so glad I found this report, I loved your trip report last summer. It was one of the first ones I found and read along with when I joined these boards! Reid is still as cute as ever!

Hope you guys had a great weekend! I love New Orleans, so I was really glad to see your pictures.

Love, love, love your Goonies shirt. I'm always looking for cool vintageish t-shirts for me and DH. :thumbsup2

Ahhh the luxury of sleeping in! How did Ed do in the race?

Looks like you had a nice relaxing Easter.

Hope you guys had a great weekend! I love New Orleans, so I was really glad to see your pictures.

We really had a nice time. It was a nice get away, even if it was just for a night. It's sad that we live just a couple of hours from New Orleans but haven't gone in quite a few years. I think that'll change though since Ed really enjoyed the race.

Love, love, love your Goonies shirt. I'm always looking for cool vintageish t-shirts for me and DH. :thumbsup2

I was sooo excited when I saw it. I have the hardest time buying stuff for myself so Ed made me get it. If you ever get back to New Orleans, there is a store in the Riverwalk called "Road Trip". They have all sorts of cool vintage merchandise from the 50's - 90's.

Ahhh the luxury of sleeping in! How did Ed do in the race?

It was an amazing feeling to sleep in & just wake up on my own! Ed did well. The sun & heat was brutal that morning but he still finished the 6.2 whatever miles right at an hour. That gave him a pace of 10 minutes/mile. If he didn't have a qualifying time for Disney, they would just put him in the last corals with pace times of 16 minutes/mile. So, hopefully, with this finish time he should be able to start at least a little bit ahead of the last corals at ToT. The person who won the race ran it in 28 minutes & some seconds! :eek: It was a pace of like 4 1/2 minutes/mile. I can't even imagine!

Looks like you had a nice relaxing Easter.

We really did - it was nice & quiet. Just a good family day for the 3 of us. I hope y'all had a good Easter as well! :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up... I never noticed the link in your sig.:rolleyes1 :lmao:

I think this trip sounds like fun. I hate running, but if I was going to run in a race, this ToT thing sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad Ed is excited about this trip, and I'm sure you'll be pretty excited about it as well by the time it rolls around.

Ok, this was longwinded (sorry) but it comes down to this: Sci-Fi or Mama Melrose? F! package or not?
I realize you've made ADR's so I'm too late, but I'd go Sci-Fi. I like the atmosphere, it is less expensive than Mama Melrose, and I prefer to eat Disney Italian food over in EPCOT... Are they still doing 2 F! shows? Catching the second show to avoid waiting worked well for us.

Ok, to recap situation #2: Do we:
- brave Epcot on the anniversary just for dinner OR
- lunch at Epcot instead of Beaches & Cream OR
- do Chefs & Via in one day at Epcot
Again, I'm too late, but I'd go ahead and eat at EPCOT on the anniversary night. It would be nice to say you were there that day, and as long as you have an ADR and just plan to go there to eat, the crowds shouldn't be that big of a concern.:confused3

Whatever you do, don't skip Via Napoli... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need a drooling smiley.

Last night, Ed & I were fortunate enough to have my mom come stay with Reid so that we could have a date. We went & saw the Hunger Games movie. We both loved the books & I have to say that we loved the movie, too! It's just very long! And after our movie, we stopped at a local Mexican restaurant for dinner & a drink. It was all very yummy....especially my pina colada! What can I say? The warm weather has me feeling summery! :laughing:
Sounds like a fun evening! I need to see that movie. I never really had much interest in it or the books until I decided to give it a chance when I was looking for something to read on our short vacation a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I got hooked and after a few nights of reading until about 2 am, it didn't take long to finish the trilogy.:thumbsup2

And yes, I'm going to be completely evil & not tell y'all right now what exactly I was able to book. *insert evil laugh*
Then maybe I should go back and take back my completely useless advice!

Or maybe I'm the evil one and just helped make you start questioning your choices... :confused3 :rotfl2:

Happy Easter Everybody!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Happy Easter!

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad to see Ed survived his run.:thumbsup2

Hi girls!

Just for the record-I hide in the garage when I call Disney ;)

:rotfl: Me too :rotfl:

amanda Those pics are great. I've never been to New Orleans, and the pictures are surreal. It's so nice!! LOVE the Goonies shirt...DH and I still watch it every time it comes on...:goodvibes Glad you got to sleep in, that's the bestest!!! :hug:

Oh my gosh, it's so awesome to see your River Walk/French Quarter pictures because I went on a mission trip to New Orleans about five years ago and we visited both of those places. Aww, it's bringing back memories! So thanks for unintentionally brightening my day! :goodvibes

Looks like yall had such a great weekend!

Sounds like a great weekend :goodvibes I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina -- we had a fantastic few days there for a conference -- lots of fun -- I am so happy to see it revitalized after all the destruction! It is such a vibrant community - :)
Young Mr. Reid is as hansome as ever in his Easter photos --- love the Mickey tee --- very cute :)
Here's to a good week all around!

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in NO, and congrats to Ed on his excellent race time! I love New Orleans, and have many fun memories (and some hazy ones too! ;) ) from trips we took there during grad school. It was only about 3 hours away from Pensacola, so it was a really fun weekend getaway. My DH used to fly a helicopter out there for training, and I'd go out and meet him, fun times! :thumbsup2

The Easter photos of Reid are super cute, and he is looking so much older! It really is a little crazy to watch kids we "know" through TRs grow up!

ETA- here is some scuttlebutt about New Fantasyland- it may very well be open when we're down there! Fingers crossed! http://www.everythingwdisneyworld.com/2012/04/breaking-news-journey-of-little-mermaid.html?m=1

Hooray for a fun mini getaway. And I would say it's party of trip planning since your DH ran a race for a qualifying time for TOT :thumbsup2

It is great to see the pictures of New Orleans and how the city looks now compared to pictures I saw from the destruction of Katrina

And side note, love the super heros from the Easter basket, we have that same set:goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up... I never noticed the link in your sig.:rolleyes1 :lmao:

Hi! Glad to have you here! I have a lot going on in my signature these days...it's a little busy!

I think this trip sounds like fun. I hate running, but if I was going to run in a race, this ToT thing sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad Ed is excited about this trip, and I'm sure you'll be pretty excited about it as well by the time it rolls around.

I'm definitely starting to get more excited about the trip. I do think we're going to have a lot of fun. We'll get to experience a lot of "firsts" for us at Disney.

I realize you've made ADR's so I'm too late, but I'd go Sci-Fi. I like the atmosphere, it is less expensive than Mama Melrose, and I prefer to eat Disney Italian food over in EPCOT... Are they still doing 2 F! shows? Catching the second show to avoid waiting worked well for us.

Yes, ADRs have been made. But, they can always be changed! :rotfl: So far, they're only showing 1 F! show on the schedule every night for the week we'll be there. I'm interested to see if that will change.

Again, I'm too late, but I'd go ahead and eat at EPCOT on the anniversary night. It would be nice to say you were there that day, and as long as you have an ADR and just plan to go there to eat, the crowds shouldn't be that big of a concern.:confused3

1 more vote for Epcot on the Anniversary night! I can't wait to tell y'all what all I decided on!

Whatever you do, don't skip Via Napoli... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need a drooling smiley.

In trying to pick ADRs we'd really like to try, I remembered that there were 2 TRs I had read with rave reviews of Via Napoli....yours was definitely one of them!

Sounds like a fun evening! I need to see that movie. I never really had much interest in it or the books until I decided to give it a chance when I was looking for something to read on our short vacation a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I got hooked and after a few nights of reading until about 2 am, it didn't take long to finish the trilogy.:thumbsup2

The books are really good, right?!? I was so surprised that even Ed read them quickly. The movie is definitely worth seeing!

Then maybe I should go back and take back my completely useless advice!

Or maybe I'm the evil one and just helped make you start questioning your choices... :confused3 :rotfl2:

No advice is useless here!

Oh don't make me start questioning my choices....that would be truly evil since I do that enough on my own!

Happy Easter!

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad to see Ed survived his run.:thumbsup2

Happy Easter to your family as well!

We had a really nice weekend. I think Ed was happy to survive the race, also! :laughing: He said the sun & humidity were very rough that morning.

amanda Those pics are great. I've never been to New Orleans, and the pictures are surreal. It's so nice!! LOVE the Goonies shirt...DH and I still watch it every time it comes on...:goodvibes Glad you got to sleep in, that's the bestest!!! :hug:

Thanks! Y'all should plan a short, kid-free get away to New Orleans. Even if you don't like to party (which we are too old to do anymore :laughing: ), there is still a lot to do & see. And tons of delicious food! :cloud9:

I'm the same way....if I see Goonies on, I have got to watch it! My favorite character is Data....I love him!

Sleeping in was glorious! I can't even really describe how great it was! :love:

Oh my gosh, it's so awesome to see your River Walk/French Quarter pictures because I went on a mission trip to New Orleans about five years ago and we visited both of those places. Aww, it's bringing back memories! So thanks for unintentionally brightening my day! :goodvibes

Looks like yall had such a great weekend!

Awww, I'm so happy to have brightened your day! That's great that you got to do a mission trip there.

We did have a really nice weekend.

Sounds like a great weekend :goodvibes I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina -- we had a fantastic few days there for a conference -- lots of fun -- I am so happy to see it revitalized after all the destruction! It is such a vibrant community - :)

It really was! I have to say that they've worked really hard to bring the city back to what it was before Katrina. Now, you can make a trip back! :thumbsup2

Young Mr. Reid is as hansome as ever in his Easter photos --- love the Mickey tee --- very cute :)
Here's to a good week all around!

Thank you! I love Target - you can get all sorts of great Disney shirts there for decent prices.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in NO, and congrats to Ed on his excellent race time! I love New Orleans, and have many fun memories (and some hazy ones too! ;) ) from trips we took there during grad school. It was only about 3 hours away from Pensacola, so it was a really fun weekend getaway. My DH used to fly a helicopter out there for training, and I'd go out and meet him, fun times! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I know Ed wanted to do a little better on his race time but the sun & humidity were a killer that morning. I still think he did great!

Oh yes, I've have many a hazy memory from NO as well! That's great that y'all got to spend some great times there. We had a really nice time, even if we didn't party like we could've in our 20's. :lmao:

The Easter photos of Reid are super cute, and he is looking so much older! It really is a little crazy to watch kids we "know" through TRs grow up!

Thank you! Sometimes I just look at him & can't believe how much older he's getting. I know it's a good thing but it's hard too to let go of the "baby" in your child. I agree - it's amazing to watch these kids grow up through TRs. And a lot of our kids are only a year or two apart, so we'll probably be seeing them grow for awhile.

ETA- here is some scuttlebutt about New Fantasyland- it may very well be open when we're down there! Fingers crossed! http://www.everythingwdisneyworld.com/2012/04/breaking-news-journey-of-little-mermaid.html?m=1

WOW! That is very interesting! I don't want to get my hopes up too much....but I feel them lifted a bit! :goodvibes

Hooray for a fun mini getaway. And I would say it's party of trip planning since your DH ran a race for a qualifying time for TOT :thumbsup2

I like the way you think....we'll go with that....it is part of the trip since his time is being submitted to Disney!

It is great to see the pictures of New Orleans and how the city looks now compared to pictures I saw from the destruction of Katrina

The city has definitely come a long way! The weather was great & it was a perfect weekend to be there, walking in the French Quarter.

And side note, love the super heros from the Easter basket, we have that same set:goodvibes

I love that line of Superhero toys they've come out with! Santa brought Reid the Spiderman playset & a few action heroes to go with it. Then, we gave him the Millenium Falcon & the Star Wars figures for his bday. Well, the Easter Bunny brought him Cpt. America & Wolverine. I think he has almost all of them now. It's really a great line of toys for little boys!

Thanks! Y'all should plan a short, kid-free get away to New Orleans. Even if you don't like to party (which we are too old to do anymore :laughing: ), there is still a lot to do & see. And tons of delicious food! :cloud9:

I'm the same way....if I see Goonies on, I have got to watch it! My favorite character is Data....I love him!

Sleeping in was glorious! I can't even really describe how great it was! :love:

I'm setting booty traps :lmao:

My DH will never forgive me for awakening him at 9am after doing EMH night hours when we went...perhaps N.O. is a good couple trip for us :goodvibes

Wow I love all those pics of New Orleans! We would love to visit someday, we will have to put that on our bucket list. Darn that bucket list, just keeps growing and growing! That is so nice that the grandparents let you two have a little weekend away! If they are anything like my parents, they probably had fun spoiling Reid. :) Thanks for the update!:goodvibes

I'm setting booty traps :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: LOVE IT!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My DH will never forgive me for awakening him at 9am after doing EMH night hours when we went...perhaps N.O. is a good couple trip for us :goodvibes

:laughing: Yes, tell him y'all could sleep in! No rush to get anywhere! Just don't come in the summer.....the heat & humidity are miserable....especially in the city! :sad2:

Wow I love all those pics of New Orleans! We would love to visit someday, we will have to put that on our bucket list. Darn that bucket list, just keeps growing and growing!

I'd say it's definitely worth visiting...even for a short trip. I know what you mean about an ever-growing bucket list! :sad2:

That is so nice that the grandparents let you two have a little weekend away! If they are anything like my parents, they probably had fun spoiling Reid. :) Thanks for the update!:goodvibes

I was really thankful to my mom & stepdad for keeping him. They did have a lot of fun with him. Of course, I couldn't get over what all they bought for him. I was like, "His birthday was just a few weeks ago, people!" :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: LOVE IT!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:laughing: Yes, tell him y'all could sleep in! No rush to get anywhere! Just don't come in the summer.....the heat & humidity are miserable....especially in the city!

Duly noted my friend, no summer trip....:hug: When do we find out about these ADRs....:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter