I feel like a traitor, but...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by twinslovedisney, Nov 5, 2012.

1. twinslovedisney

twinslovedisney Earning My Ears

We've been to disneyland every MLK week for the last four years, but for MLK 2013 we're doing Disneyworld. We got a super cheap deal and we could not pass it up. Still I feel like I'm having a fling with a cheaper model! Also, with closures of three of our fave rides in January 2013, it didn't make sense to visit. Oh well, see you in 2014, DL!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RaceCar

RaceCar Earning My Ears

Don't feel bad. Disney World is great! You wil be able to enjoy many of the things you can't do at Disneyland. Eat at the castle. Go on Dinosaur. See the many awesome shows. I always love the Movie Ride. There's lots of great things at WDW. It still has the original Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. It might even still have the electric light parade.

Don't feel like a traitor. Your only "traitorship" is comparing any Disney park to a cheap fling. You'll have a great time!

4. disneyismyheart247

disneyismyheart247 Living the California and Disney Dream

How could you feel like a traitor? Disney World is still Disney, LOL.

5. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

There is still an Electrical Parade at WDW.

Movie Ride = :confused3

Have a great time! I think you'll be surprised but eventually appreciate the closeness of the two parks at DLR (not like WDW)

6. CourtFool

CourtFool A Mouse in Llama Clothing

It seems to me that Disney really pushes Disneyworld. This is probably another topic in itself. Most of the 'deals' I see are for Disneyworld. The t.v. shows that I have seen are always about Disneyworld. Hell, even here on this board, you have to scroll down to the middle of the board to find Disneyland.

7. furb & dez

furb & dez City Bear Jamboreers

Well, it *looks* cheaper. ;)

Trouble with floozies is that while they look cheap, they always cost you more in the end. :rotfl:

8. Crazy4Disney06

Crazy4Disney06 DIS Veteran

No need to feel like a traitor. My family alternates between DL and WDW vacations. You will experience things at WDW that DL does not offer. I love both parks the same for different reasons. You will not be disappointed at all!

9. DaveNinja

DaveNinja Mouseketeer

This is more than enough reason to go. The Electrical Parade will always be my favorite parade

10. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

Why feel like a traitor? WDW is just as wonderful as DL, only different. We go DL very regularly and love going to WDW whenever we get the chance. (no guilt here)

11. Mazel

Mazel Proud Navy Mom

We usually go to WDW the same week, this year we're trying DL. We'll have to compare notes when we get back. lol

12. RaceCar

RaceCar Earning My Ears

Technically, it's "The Great Movie Ride". You find it at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's like POTC but without pirates or drops. I guess that makes it similar to IASW, except it's based on movies, not nationalities, and it's much more realisitc than IASW (kinda like Pirates). If you ever wanted to go to Munchkin Land, or hang out with Sigourney Weaver in Aliens, then this ride would be fun for you.

13. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

No, no, not a traitor. Not at all. You are just visiting your aunt this time around instead of your cousin. That's all. It's all in the family. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Best. Parade. Ever!

We just got back from WDW and in nine days we watched the MSEP 5 times. That's right. F I V E ! And we did not spend a lot of time in the Magic Kingdom! hahaha! LOVE the MSEP! But it needs to come back home to DLR! :goodvibes

ROFL! I would never describe it that way! So interesting how we all view things differently. It's a ride that is a tribute to movie history and you ride through many famous movie scenes, on a train that gets hijacked along the way. We love it.

- Dreams

14. RaceCar

RaceCar Earning My Ears

Is it a train? I'm sure I knew that when I went regularly for 6-months straight. For some reason it stickes in my mind as a boat. Go figure!!

15. Mel522

Mel522 DIS Veteran

You're cheating on Disneyland and with it's sibling no less :joker:

16. Argento

Argento Mouseketeer

As long as you don't bring any WDW regulars back with you... :)