I-Drive hotel with no car

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by persimmondeb, Jan 27, 2012.

1. persimmondeb

persimmondeb Mouseketeer

I would like to take my son to Orlando for a few days, probably in the summer. Obviously, I could manage on property just fine without a car. It seems like it should be possible off-property if we're careful about the hotel selection. How much of a pain is trying to transfer from the airport? And does anyone have personal experience of using the LYNX busses?

A rental car is just not an option AT ALL, and I don't really want to stay on property for this trip. We're likely not doing a lot of park, and I don't want to spend the money.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TamaraQT

TamaraQT Mouseketeer

There is an I-Ride trolley that travels up and down international drive. You can buy a ticket and have unlimited use http://www.iridetrolley.com On the website you can also find info on hotels that have trolley stops out front. Staying on I drive is a good choice if you are not renting a car. If your hotel also offers free shuttle service to the parks, that would be a bonus too. If you do your research, and plan accordingly you can have a fantastic vacation without a rental car. Good luck.

4. happily single

happily single <font color=royalblue>Left foot first!<br><font co

I agree. There is a ton to do on the main road, and it is all within walking distance. Plus, if you decided to head to a disney park you could take a taxi, although I think its a good 20 minute ride, so you might be looking at $$. But most hotels offer shuttles to the parks

5. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

If you're going to Sea World,Aquatica,Wet n Wild and even Universal with a little bit of walking you can just take the I Ride Trolley up and down International Drive.If you plan to do Disney I would see if your hotel has a shuttle,if it does I would take the shuttle in the morning and since I don't want to spend my day worrying about getting the shuttle back at night,I would probably head to DTD and catch a cab there back to your hotel or if it's before 10:30 take a cab to the Vineland outlets to catch the I Ride Trolley back.From DTD to the Vineland outlets is not that far so it should lessen the price of the cab ride,or you could just grab a taxi from the parks and simplify the whole situation,although from say MK it is pretty far to I Drive.

6. darkvisor

darkvisor Earning My Ears

Hi, we stay at the four point Sherraton on I-drive, free transport to all theme parks and only a 10 to 15 min walk to Universal, lynx and i-trolly stops right outside,