"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!" An August 2011 TR! COMPLETE 11/30

Another one! Woo! All caught up :)

Just wanted to thank you for bringing back horrific memories of APUSH...before you even showed the close-up picture I knew exactly what those arrows were saying/pointing to :sad2: I wish you all the best in that class! I'll stick to the sciences...

OH I know that Freedom Riders' song! "I'm a travelin'...on the company line," right? We just watched a video on it a couple weeks ago in history. Our schools must be in sync.

I love your Mickey shirt for Disney Day! I've never seen that one...hmph. Anyway, looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Mmm... Chick Fil A! Isn't it delicious?! If you get to stop at one again sometime in the near future, get a milkshake! They are amazing! <3

YAAAAAAAY for getting to Disney World! I love driving under those arches... best feeling ever! :thumbsup2

CSR is gorgeous! And so is yall's view! It reminds me of where we just stayed in Cancun earlier this month. Did you like the location of Casitas?

It is! I really enjoyed it. I will! Note taken!

It really is. They're the best. <3

I know! I loved it! That's awesome that you went to Cancun! I bet it's beautiful there. I loved Casitas! They were really easy to navigate and the walk to El Centro wasn't bad at all!​

Growing up I Have been to Disneyland at least 25 times as I lived in the Southern California area. I have been to Disney World twice and still regard it as my favorite. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it's an experience to go to Disney World. The immersion by staying on site in Florida allows one to totally leave the real world behind be bombarded with everything Disney 24/7, nothing quite like it anywhere.

I have never tried School Bread, Red Velvet Cupcake or seen Muppet Vision 3d. Your TR's has given My Family and I many things to look forward too as we head back this upcoming Christmas.

Exactly. It really is a totally immersive experience.

I'm hoping to go around Christmas this year as well! I hope you get to try those things! So glad I could help!​

Ahh I am totally loving your TR and I don't think I have told you that yet!!!
I agree with the others that you looked amazingly stunning at prom!:goodvibes
And YAY for no more braces, I still remember the feeling when you get them off... your teeth feel so slimey and big...and odd...but great.:thumbsup2
Your drive looks so fun! We drove from California last time we went and it was so great! Crazy but great! You get to see soooo much! and there is such a massive buildup.
Also full house makes every road trip at least 84% better!
Best show everrrrr! I used to watch it daily...although my parents banned me at one stage. I was about 11 and I pierced my ears myself after watching Steph let Kimmy do it. :confused3
And Uncle Jesse... I can't even....:love:
Driving through those gates is the BEST feeling!!
Oh Stacey! Why are the faces you pull so amazing? Ahhh I love turning her on when you arrive! She is priceless!

Aww thank you so much! I know it felt so weird, but I loved it!

I know! The anticipation just builds and builds!

Definitely does! Hahahaha did you really?? That's so funny!

Ahh he's so cute. <33

It really is! And I know she is so perfect!​

Hooray for updates!!

You look absolutely GORGEOUS in your prom pics!! I am always jealous of your hair, lol! You are so pretty!!

You go to all my fav non-Disney food places. I love Panera, Chipotle and Chick-fil-a. So good!! I just love them. In fact, I had Chipotle last night. So delicious!

I LOVE Disney stores. How sad that you don't have one near you! I haven't for years and years and years, but we finally have one opening here in a week and a half. I'm OVER THE MOON EXCITED! It's going to be so great.

WOW, CSR is so colorful! I just love it!! Such rich, vibrant, colors. How gorgeous!! Can't wait for more!! YAY FOR FINALLY BEING IN DISNEY!! :woohoo:

Aww thank you so much! You're so sweet! :goodvibes

They're the three best! I love them so much! Chipotle is a beautiful thing.

Ahh that's so exciting!!! I would be freaking out! I'm so sad we don't have one. :/

I loved it too! It's so amazing there! I was so excited. :-)

Hello fellow Kristen!!

Ok so I am extremely late to the party, but I have been reading up on all of your and Jess's adventures! Looks like our trips will be over lapping this summer!!

Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

Hello there! I love your name! :laughing:

They will? Well have an awesome time!! Thanks for reading and commenting!​

Finally got caught up on your TR. I was laughing at all your remarks about living up North. I live in upstate New York and I agree with everything you said!! People from the South are soo much nicer and laid back. And they have all the good food places..I've never been to a Bob Evans or Chik-Fil-A either!

Also, I just noticed you are staying at the BWV next time. I can't wait to see what you think of it there. I'm staying there for the first time in September!

Isn't it so true!? I've been and I LOVE them!!

I am! I'll try to let you know before then!​

Joining in.. Going back to read the updates I missed now

Thanks for comin'! Have fun reading!​

I like your little castle night light and want one. Love your nails as well.
Crappy that you had to do school work on your way to Disney.
You all look fab in your prom pics.
Love your Mickey T-shirt from the first Disney day as well.
I love it all. YAY Disney trip report :goodvibes

Thanks so much! Hahah I love that night light. :P

I know. :/ It sucked. Thank you!!​

Another one! Woo! All caught up :)

Just wanted to thank you for bringing back horrific memories of APUSH...before you even showed the close-up picture I knew exactly what those arrows were saying/pointing to :sad2: I wish you all the best in that class! I'll stick to the sciences...

OH I know that Freedom Riders' song! "I'm a travelin'...on the company line," right? We just watched a video on it a couple weeks ago in history. Our schools must be in sync.

I love your Mickey shirt for Disney Day! I've never seen that one...hmph. Anyway, looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hahaha thanks! I'm done with it! I just have a Regents exam and then I'm DONE FOREVER!!! :yay:

Yeah! Hahaha they must be! So funny!

Thanks! I got it at Kohl's I think!​

It is an awesome name...

If you're going back in 1 month for the Food and Frump fest then we will over lap.

Chapter 6- "THIS IS MY HAMMOCK!!!"

August 17th, 2011​

After we were all settled in, we went for a photo-filled walk around CSR to El Centro.

Here are some shots of my lovely Casitas:
imagelef.jpg

imagefto.jpg

Across the water:
imagepor.jpg

imageqfw.jpg

El Centro:
imagexsdi.jpg

And there we were, frumpin' along on our walk around the lake, when all of a sudden, I spotted it.
imagegzm.jpg

DO YOU SEE IT!?!?!?

imagesbb.jpg

MY HAMMOCK. My very own, UNOCCUPADO HAMMOCK.

I was very happy about my life at that point.
imageonu.jpg

I had a lovely view of a Casitas courtyard from where I abandoned my family to have a nifty little snooze on that there Hammock. Yes, I capitalized it. ATTACK OF THE ENGLISH TEACHERS!!!! Okay, calm down all of you. I capitalized it because it's just that worthy of my praise. Summa cum laude for that heavenly napping device.
imagewkp.jpg

I also had a lovely view of Casitas 4 & 5 across the water, not to mention the ever-delightful El Centro:
imagevnh.jpg

imagexjk.jpg

imageyua.jpg

Unfortunately, after a VERY brief snooze, those bothersome people I call my family insisted that we move on.

imageewwp.jpg

Which way to go?? SO many choices! :thumbsup2

We decided to check out the main pool, the Dig Site, for future swimming experiences. Unfortunately, I only ever made it to the quiet pool in Casitas, but Scott and Sarah made many a trip over to the big pyramid. Here it is:
imagenzw.jpg

imageiml.jpg

The pool was really huge and everyone looked like they were having lots of fun!

We continued on our journey in the dry, dry (not really at all) Southwest.

imagenjoi.jpg

This was our destination:
imageelg.jpg

...Except then we got distracted YET AGAIN, you see.

We sorta came across the MOST EPIC FLOWER IN THE WORLD.

Seriously, look at this thing:
imageews.jpg

imagexjf.jpg

ISN'T IT INCREDIBLE!?!? I call it the bird flower, because I honestly have NO idea what it really is. So if there are any horticulturally knowledgable people out there, please enlighten me!!

Once my mom had unofficially diagnosed me with ADD, we finally made our way on the final leg to El Centro, on which I felt it necessary to take a picture of the trash can logo:
imageoff.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Your pictures of CSR are so pretty!

That hammock looks so nice to lay on. I could take a little nap on one of those right about now.

That flower is so pretty!

there is just something about hammocks that are soooo wonderful...just feeling the sunshine and swaying lightly in the breeze! It's so magical!! I love it!!

That flower is a bird of paradise. You were close with calling it the bird flower! I love those things, they are gorgeous!

That pyramid pool looks so awesome!! I love pyramids! I'm glad you still got pics even though you didn't make it over. I like to look at it!! :rotfl:

can't wait for more

Luvin the update. I need to be lying in a Disney Hammock right now. They're the best hammocks in the world :)

Yay! An update! I know I've said it before, but I love your CSR pictures! So beautiful!

You got a hammock! We had a hammock outside our building when we stayed at CSR in December, but everytime we came by the SAME GUY was lying in it. Seriously, I saw him like twenty times. I actually started to worry if maybe he had died there, which would be very creepy/depressing, but luckily his clothes were different every time I saw him, so I guess he did get up sometimes.

Aaaanyway, I'm totally not judging you for saying Hammock. I'm on summer vacation, so I'm done being the grammar police! WOO HOO! Ain't y'all never seen no teacher on that there vacation before? :lmao: Ahhh okay, I'm not taking that much of a break, but still. I think capitalizing Hammock to place emphasis on its awesomeness is perfectly acceptable. ;)

Can't wait for more! Yippeee!

Gorgeous pics! I have now put CSR on my list of places to stay. It is truly beautiful! The flower is Bird of Paradise. I love tropical flowers and when my hubby gives me flowers for our anniversary, there is usually a Bird of Paradise in it. We are arriving on Saturday at WL - SO excited!!!! I am planning on doing my own TR for the first time when I get back so I will hopefully do a halfway decent job. I just gotta figure out how to post the pictures.

Joining in! Loved your first trip report and can't wait to read this one! :)

Thank you so much! :welcome:

Yay! An update! I know I've said it before, but I love your CSR pictures! So beautiful!

You got a hammock! We had a hammock outside our building when we stayed at CSR in December, but everytime we came by the SAME GUY was lying in it. Seriously, I saw him like twenty times. I actually started to worry if maybe he had died there, which would be very creepy/depressing, but luckily his clothes were different every time I saw him, so I guess he did get up sometimes.

Thanks! I love that resort. :cloud9:

Yeah I did! Hahaha that's so weird! At least he changed his clothes, and hopefully showered! :P

Aaaanyway, I'm totally not judging you for saying Hammock. I'm on summer vacation, so I'm done being the grammar police! WOO HOO! Ain't y'all never seen no teacher on that there vacation before? :lmao: Ahhh okay, I'm not taking that much of a break, but still. I think capitalizing Hammock to place emphasis on its awesomeness is perfectly acceptable. ;)

Can't wait for more! Yippeee!

Hahaha well I'm glad I'm not in grammar trouble!! It just really deserves a good title. :-)

Luvin the update. I need to be lying in a Disney Hammock right now. They're the best hammocks in the world :)

Thanks! I know, I wish I was in a hammock at CSR more than anything right now. <3​

there is just something about hammocks that are soooo wonderful...just feeling the sunshine and swaying lightly in the breeze! It's so magical!! I love it!!

That flower is a bird of paradise. You were close with calling it the bird flower! I love those things, they are gorgeous!

That pyramid pool looks so awesome!! I love pyramids! I'm glad you still got pics even though you didn't make it over. I like to look at it!! :rotfl:

can't wait for more

I know right! It's definitely magical.

Is it really? Wow. Thanks so much! It's an awesome flower!

It is an awesome pool! I really wish I would have gotten a chance to swim in it!​

Your pictures of CSR are so pretty!

That hammock looks so nice to lay on. I could take a little nap on one of those right about now.

That flower is so pretty!

Thank you!

It definitely is. I love my Hammock. :love:

I know! I love it!​

It's a bird of paradise flower: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strelitzia

...I'm pretty proud of myself for that one. I have a black thumb, I usually stay away from all plantlife.

Oh wow! Thank you so much! Wow, you even have a wiki link and everything. :thumbsup2 to you!​

Pretty pictures!! :thumbsup2 And that is one awesome flower!!!!!!!

Thank you!! I know, I loved it!

Gorgeous pics! I have now put CSR on my list of places to stay. It is truly beautiful! The flower is Bird of Paradise. I love tropical flowers and when my hubby gives me flowers for our anniversary, there is usually a Bird of Paradise in it. We are arriving on Saturday at WL - SO excited!!!! I am planning on doing my own TR for the first time when I get back so I will hopefully do a halfway decent job. I just gotta figure out how to post the pictures.

Thank you so much!! You should definitely try to stay there someday! It's amazing! Thank you for telling me! It's such a cool flower.

Awesome! Have a magical trip! I really wanna stay at WL someday! It's incredible! The size is nice also. I'll be looking out for your TR!​

It's so pretty there! I'll add CSR to my list of resorts to stay at. Then again, EVERY Disney resort that I haven't stayed at yet is on that list! That resort is so gorgeous though! Awesome hammock, awesome flower, and awesome trash cans! It really is the little things, isn't it? :goodvibes

It's so pretty there! I'll add CSR to my list of resorts to stay at. Then again, EVERY Disney resort that I haven't stayed at yet is on that list! That resort is so gorgeous though! Awesome hammock, awesome flower, and awesome trash cans! It really is the little things, isn't it? :goodvibes

It really is! You definitely should! I want to stay at all of them too! I'm chippin' away at the list pretty well so far! It sure is! The little things make the trip!

Hi Kristen! Thanks for that message welcoming me to the dis!:thumbsup2 I love you and Jess's TRs! You look like you had alot of fun on this trip!:banana: You are very pretty an so is your sister!princess: I was wondering... For a person who doesn't like pastries, would you still suggest trying the School bread? Because it looks good with how much you talk about it but i'm not a pastry person.:confused:

Hi Kristen! Thanks for that message welcoming me to the dis!:thumbsup2 I love you and Jess's TRs! You look like you had alot of fun on this trip!:banana: You are very pretty an so is your sister!princess: I was wondering... For a person who doesn't like pastries, would you still suggest trying the School bread? Because it looks good with how much you talk about it but i'm not a pastry person.:confused:

You're welcome! Thank you so much! I definitely did! Aww thank you! :-) You're so sweet!

I recommend school bread becasue it is so different from other pastries. It is sweet, but not sicky-sweet like danishes and turnovers, and it has a lot of unique flavor. I would recommend sharing it with someone so if you end up not liking it, it doesn't go to waste.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter