I DON'T Walk. A kids rule May 2015 TR *Completed 2/13*

Looks like a great morning! We have done Crystal Palace for dinner but never breakfast it definitely is something I want to do tho.

Enjoying your TR! Kids are so unpredictable. My shy son was 2 on his first trip and I was afraid he'd be a beast! In reality, he was a dream (not one tear the entire 7 days!) and I got overconfident. His second trip he was 5, yet he cried every day, sometimes multiple times. You just never know....

I love the "princess protection agency"! Cute idea!
Thanks!

Wow! Yeah, not a common sight at WDW, especially not first thing in the morning. :eek:
Yeah, not the best start :confused3

Same here, no issues at all. ::yes::
Glad to hear it worked well for you too

:headache: That is really surprising there was no changing table in there!
Yeah, weird right, isn't that the point of the bathroom???

Ugh, I've been there. Such a ripoff to have to buy some. I always keep a tiny (travel size) spray bottle in the stroller console now.
That's whats so bad I had 2 travel tubes and two full size all in the room :headache:

Joining in; can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures!
:welcome:Thanks for joining

Looks like a great morning! We have done Crystal Palace for dinner but never breakfast it definitely is something I want to do tho.
I was not a fan of dinner but it was really good for breakfast.

Enjoying your TR! Kids are so unpredictable. My shy son was 2 on his first trip and I was afraid he'd be a beast! In reality, he was a dream (not one tear the entire 7 days!) and I got overconfident. His second trip he was 5, yet he cried every day, sometimes multiple times. You just never know....
Yeah, I was definitely feeling that way too but at least next time my expectations will be low

so yummy, I'm hungry just thinking about it.

:headache: How frustrating! Glad you were able to work something out though!
Yeah, its a good thing to figure out right away so we could get a system done

:headache: Well on the bright side you remembered before you got burnt!:thumbsup2
That's true, I wouldn't forgive myself if the kids got their first burn because I forgot the sunscreen.

I don't like this, I don't like this
Sunday, May 10 Part 2

When we last left off, we were on our way top our first fastpass of the day. Nicholas was still sleeping so I carried him all the way from Pirates to Buzz.

Connor was very excited to get to hold the red card.

Thanks to our FP we walked right on and James sat with Joe and I sat with Connor and held the sleeping baby. Yeah, if you want a good score on Buzz this is not the way to achieve that:blush:. Connor actually beat me on this round:cool:.

The boys needed the picture with Zurg

After, Buzz we wanted to do a new to us attraction, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor:sulley:. We had just missed going into the show so we had to wait in through both sets of holding areas.

Nicholas had woken up but we couldn’t really put him down so I held him and this wait seemed to take forever. While we waited, I decided to send in a joke from Connor. Our joke was, why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she’ll let it go....cue laughter:lmao:. I figured our joke had a good chance of getting picked because you know….Frozen:cold:. I have to say I really enjoyed this show. Everybody was laughing and having a good time, we will definitely do this again. And as an added bonus they read our joke. They said Connor’s name and where he was from and he had no idea they were talking about him:confused3.

After MILF, Joe and Connor had their FPs for Space. This was Connor’s first time trying for a ride with 44in height requirement. I wasn’t sure if he was going to make it because I measured at home and he was just a hair shy of 44. I made sure to prepare him and he said he would be would be okay if they wouldn't let him ride. But, I guess it was fine because they rode. While they rode, I took the two little ones on my fave, TTA. Now, I know to most people this ride is totally tame but, when you have two little ones and one could decide to climb out in the pitch black of Space, it becomes scary. James never actually tried to climb out but, it still freaked me out that I couldn’t see him and he is my mischievous one. I kept my hands firmly planted on his leg the whole time.

After, our thrilling ride I sat down in the cool shade by the FP Kiosk in Tomorrowland and called my mom. We had just short chat but I wanted to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day. Joe and Connor had a good time on Space.

And, now I had to use my FP for the Speedway. We got our rs for later and I took James on. This was my first time on this ride and if I never have to ride it again it will be too soon. I consider myself a good driver but, on those things I felt incompetent. It was two speeds stop and go. We had a very jerky turn around the track.

Joe was supposed to take Connor, but at this point everyone was pooping out and I knew Joe wouldn’t care about missing it so, we moved on to our final fp for the morning. This was actually Joe’s fp but I took his band. I didn’t get to be there for Connor’s first roller coaster because I was pregnant so, I really wanted to be there for James’. His first roller coaster was of course, The Barnstormer and I am not sure he enjoyed it.

He kept saying I don’t like this over and over but, then when we got off he asked to go on it again.:confused3 I told Joe to let Connor run around in the Splash Station while they waited but I guess Connor didn’t want to. At this point it was 12 and we knew we need to get everyone to rest. As we walked out Connor fell asleep in the stroller and I got myself a coffee at Starbucks and then we headed out.

I don’t have pictures during our break so I’ll keep this short. James fell asleep on the way back to CBR so we stopped at Old Port Royale and I just ran in and got us lunch to take back to the room. We had our lunch and the Joe and James slept while I took Connor and Nicholas to the pool. We just went to the quiet pool and swam for about 30 minutes. Connor said he wanted to go to the “beach” but then got upset because the sand was too hot:beach:.

At this point I was exhausted and needed a nap. We all napped expect for Connor. After a refreshing nap it was time to go to dinner.

I'll stop here because I have lots of pictures from dinner.

Last edited:
On our first walk of the morning this was the sight that greeted us :confused:

Oh yuck... that's awful! I'm glad that was the only time you saw anything like that, but still very disappointing that it ever got that way. You'd think they'd have them cleared by morning.

They started letting everyone in at about 7:40. As they were letting guests in, they were handing out pink, red, and white carnations to the moms. This was like the swords at CBR, I had heard of it but, wasn’t expecting it to happen so I was very happy with my flower.
That's a nice surprise!

This is when we realized James was going to hate all of the character meals we had planned:(. He started screaming bloody murder as soon as Tigger came into the room.
Poor guy. Sorry he wasn't into them.

Connor and Nicholas had a lot of fun with everyone though.
At least they got to enjoy them anyway. I'm glad you could make it work.

All I had to do was wring them out and they would be cool so, I worked on that while we waited. This was Joe and Connor's first time on Splash and they loved it.
I'm glad they enjoyed it! It's always a fun one!

Thankfully, we were not so unlucky and to add to our luck Nicholas fell asleep on the ride.
The great thing about dark rides at Disney World. Sometimes the little ones fall asleep on them. And as you found out at Buzz you can keep riding while they sleep.

For anyone wondering the sunscreen cost 14.86 at Agrabah Bazaar :faint:.
Definitely overpriced. But still better than a sunburn.

Our joke was, why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she’ll let it go....cue laughter:lmao:. I figured our joke had a good chance of getting picked because you know….Frozen:cold:. I have to say I really enjoyed this show. Everybody was laughing and having a good time, we will definitely do this again.
Good joke! I'm glad they picked it out and I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the show.

Now, I know to most people this ride is totally tame but, when you have two little ones and one could decide to climb out in the pitch black of Space, it becomes scary. James never actually tried to climb out but, it still freaked me out that I couldn’t see him and he is my mischievous one. I kept my hands firmly planted on his leg the whole time.
You know, I never have thought about it that way. Although our kids are always so scared of the dark that they're clinging to us for dear life in there anyway.

And, now I had to use my FP for the Speedway. We got our rs for later and I took James on. This was my first time on this ride and if I never have to ride it again it will be too soon.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Sounds about right...

His first roller coaster was of course, The Barnstormer and I am not sure he enjoyed it.
I'm glad you got to ride it with him!

He kept saying I don’t like this over and over but, then when we got off he asked to go on it again.
And clearly, he did enjoy it!

What a busy morning! You got so much done before your break!

I love all the CP pictures. I think that was my favorite character meal from our trip! I'm sorry you had to leave before Pooh came around though!

How strange that the companion restrooms had no changing table! It's hard when you're hot and frustrated and have to maneuver changing a diaper in a strange place.

It sounds like you had a really nice break at the hotel! I loved our midday breaks!

Yeah, if you want a good score on Buzz this is not the way to achieve that:blush:.
:rotfl:

Our joke was, why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she’ll let it go....cue laughter:lmao:.
:rotfl2: Glad they used his joke!

Now, I know to most people this ride is totally tame but, when you have two little ones and one could decide to climb out in the pitch black of Space, it becomes scary. James never actually tried to climb out but, it still freaked me out that I couldn’t see him and he is my mischievous one. I kept my hands firmly planted on his leg the whole time.
I totally understand what you mean and Izzy's not even particularly mischievous. I always make sure to hold onto her leg in the dark part just to make sure she's still there and knows that I'm there. I figured it was just me! :goodvibes

I consider myself a good driver but, on those things I felt incompetent.
Same here! ::yes::

His first roller coaster was of course, The Barnstormer and I am not sure he enjoyed it.
Glad you got to take him on his first coaster!

He kept saying I don’t like this over and over but, then when we got off he asked to go on it again.:confused3
If he's like Izzy, he might have been scared, but in the way that you like it and want to do it again. At least that's what I'm told. Izzy did not look like she was having fun (I have video and she's smiling up until the top of the hill, then gets VERY serious), but she always says she wants to go again. :confused3

Joining in!! Great trip report so far. I too have three boys, 10, 7 and almost 5. I remember the first time we went my youngest was terrified of characters but the next year we went he loved them!!!
It is tough to know how the kids will do. I will have to remember that sometimes you have to move on and change plans, hope you get to meet Pooh later in the trip.

Yeah, if you want a good score on Buzz this is not the way to achieve that:blush:. Connor actually beat me on this round:cool:.
Uh huh Suuurrreee... blame it all on the sleeping kid! :duck::rotfl2:

Our joke was, why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she’ll let it go....cue laughter:lmao:
:rotfl::thumbsup2

And as an added bonus they read our joke. They said Connor’s name and where he was from and he had no idea they were talking about him:confused3.
Poor conner:rotfl:

Now, I know to most people this ride is totally tame but, when you have two little ones and one could decide to climb out in the pitch black of Space, it becomes scary. James never actually tried to climb out but, it still freaked me out that I couldn’t see him and he is my mischievous one.
I kinda felt the same with Little Miss

I kept my hands firmly planted on his leg the whole time.
I did that with Little Miss too!

I consider myself a good driver but, on those things I felt incompetent. It was two speeds stop and go. We had a very jerky turn around the track.
Oh My Gosh YES!!!::yes::::yes::::yes::

He kept saying I don’t like this over and over but, then when we got off he asked to go on it again.:confused3

Following along! Sorry to hear about the boys meltdowns. Kids! Love the photo by BOG! I had no clue they did this there and am making a mental note for when we go next June.
Thanks for being honest about how HOT it is, I am always looking for tips to beat the heat since we are traveling in late June next year.

Our joke was, why can’t Elsa have a balloon? Because she’ll let it go....cue laughter

I went to the Laugh floor in early June and heard this joke. I thought it was hilarious! I don't remember who they said it was from though.

Late on the follow, but reading along!!! Particularly interested in Nicholas' experience.

We took our little guy for his first time when he was 3 months old (in April) and his next trip he will be 15 months old. I know it will be a very different experience, LOL, they are so easy at 3 months old.

Luckily we've got our older girls who are super helpful too!!!

Oh yuck... that's awful! I'm glad that was the only time you saw anything like that, but still very disappointing that it ever got that way. You'd think they'd have them cleared by morning.
Yeah, I think I was more surpised about seeing it in the morning when everything should be fresh. I would not have been nearly as shocked if this was at the end of the night.

Poor guy. Sorry he wasn't into them.
I really felt more bad for him. All he talked about leading up to the trip was meeting his favorite characters so I was sad to see this but I think he got what he wanted to out of the experience which was to admire them from afar.

The great thing about dark rides at Disney World. Sometimes the little ones fall asleep on them. And as you found out at Buzz you can keep riding while they sleep.
It was such a blessing, he took many naps on the dark rides which allowed us to do more since otherwise we would have been forced to go back to the room earlier than we wanted.

Good joke! I'm glad they picked it out and I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the show.
Thanks, I read it somewhere and thought it was perfect for this.

You know, I never have thought about it that way. Although our kids are always so scared of the dark that they're clinging to us for dear life in there anyway.
haha that was me clinging on to him for dear life.

And clearly, he did enjoy it!
lol, I was scared I was scarring him for life.

What a busy morning! You got so much done before your break!

I love all the CP pictures. I think that was my favorite character meal from our trip! I'm sorry you had to leave before Pooh came around though!

How strange that the companion restrooms had no changing table! It's hard when you're hot and frustrated and have to maneuver changing a diaper in a strange place.

It sounds like you had a really nice break at the hotel! I loved our midday breaks!

I loved CP but it was a bummer to miss Pooh. The restroom was very weird. I mean maybe the changing table was really well hidden but either way it was not an experience I wish to repeat.

Glad they used his joke!
Me too, it's always fun to be apart of the show.

I totally understand what you mean and Izzy's not even particularly mischievous. I always make sure to hold onto her leg in the dark part just to make sure she's still there and knows that I'm there. I figured it was just me! :goodvibes
oh man, I am glad I am not the only one. As I typed it out I thought maybe they are going to think I am crazy.

Glad you got to take him on his first coaster!
Me too, something I will never forget.

If he's like Izzy, he might have been scared, but in the way that you like it and want to do it again. At least that's what I'm told. Izzy did not look like she was having fun (I have video and she's smiling up until the top of the hill, then gets VERY serious), but she always says she wants to go again. :confused3
I have a video of this too and it is one of the funniest things.

Joining in!! Great trip report so far. I too have three boys, 10, 7 and almost 5. I remember the first time we went my youngest was terrified of characters but the next year we went he loved them!!!
It is tough to know how the kids will do. I will have to remember that sometimes you have to move on and change plans, hope you get to meet Pooh later in the trip.
Thanks for joining and :welcome: Yeha, going with kids, the number one thing is to be flexible. I really thought he would love the characters but we just created a backup once we saw he didn't. Plus, the cms were great and they knew right away not to come anywhere near him.

Uh huh Suuurrreee... blame it all on the sleeping kid! :duck::rotfl2:
You're right. I am terrible at this game :sad2: :rotfl2:

I did that with Little Miss too!
I am so glad I am not the only one

Following along! Sorry to hear about the boys meltdowns. Kids! Love the photo by BOG! I had no clue they did this there and am making a mental note for when we go next June.
Thanks for being honest about how HOT it is, I am always looking for tips to beat the heat since we are traveling in late June next year.
Bring cooling towels, they are amazing on those hot days.

I went to the Laugh floor in early June and heard this joke. I thought it was hilarious! I don't remember who they said it was from though.
I don't remember where I heard it but I thought it fit in this setting :thumbsup2

Late on the follow, but reading along!!! Particularly interested in Nicholas' experience.

We took our little guy for his first time when he was 3 months old (in April) and his next trip he will be 15 months old. I know it will be a very different experience, LOL, they are so easy at 3 months old.

Luckily we've got our older girls who are super helpful too!!!
:welcome: I think he'll do great at 15 months. We took James when he was 18 months and he LOVED it. Nicholas was in that not little enough to be easy but too little to understand what is going on stage. I am trying to include tips for parents with little ones in case they might help.

I am getting so behind on this TR and I apologize. Work has been insane and I am currently in Texas for the next week visiting my family. If I am reading your TR but have not commented I haven’t abandoned you, just too busy to comment but, I should have some downtime this week. Okay, back to the story.

May 10, Part 3
Meet my Fiancee

When last I left off we had just had our midday break. I think we left the room at 5:15 for our 5:50 reservation at 1900 Park Fare.

I was really excited for this dinner. I had heard so many great things about this restaurant plus I could finally check out the Grand Flo. My family friends who I helped plan their trip stayed there in January and I was eager to see what they experienced. We had no problems parking in the guest lot. It was a little bit of a walk to the lobby but we had fun checking out the grounds. The boys loved looking at the old fashioned car outside.

I was a little bit intimated going into the hotel because I have heard that it is very fancy and can feel that way. But, I honestly didn’t feel that way. Sure it is nice and fancy looking but at the end of the day its Disney and their were all kinds of people in that lobby and I didn’t feel out of place there. We were still pretty early for our reservations so we took a lap around the lobby checking it all out.

I was pretty excited that we got to see Lynn, the Teddy Bear Lady and the band was playing Disney music. It was everything I had pictured the Grand Flo to be. Even though we still had about 25 minutes until our reservation, I went to check in anyway. The hostess told us we wouldn’t be seated until our reservation time so we found a place to sit. Joe had a mini photo shoot with the boys while I was gone.

And then I wanted to get in on the fun.

Exactly three minutes after I got our pager we were called to be seated:confused3. So much for waiting the whole time:thumbsup2. Before we got seated we got our picture in front of the mural.

We got seated in the very first room only three table from the doors. It was a little bit of a hike to the buffet but otherwise I liked that this room was less busy. Since, it was Mother’s Day I treated myself to a Pina Colava drink.

I really enjoyed this buffet for the food. I guess the premise is to have food from all the different kingdoms. I really appreciated being able to have a variety of food some of which I have never tried before. I had sushi, couscous, pasta, chicken, and much more that I cannot remember. The one disappoint was no strawberry soup:sad1:. I scoured every end of that buffet multiple times but I never saw it. Just another reason to go back. The boys enjoyed the desserts for their gummy bear offerings. But, let’s be honest, we didn’t come here for the food but, for the entertainment. Shortly after we got there, the characters did their parade around the dining room. Lady Tremaine made a gesture toward our table that the boys were cute. The first person to our table was Cinderella. Connor was really the only one to interact with the characters. I do not remember what they talked about but I don’t think it was very memorable.

Next up Lady Tremaine and definitely one of my favorites from the entire trip.

Nicholas was watching some Mickey Mouse and she commented that he was watching her boss, the rat. Cinderella said he doesn't like that when she calls him that :rotfl2:

She was very pleased to have her own page in the autograph book but didn’t like that Cinderella’s picture was everywhere. At the time Nicholas had started doing his lovely new screech and he was eating his magicband. Lady Tremain made a comment to him about this and he put his head down and refused to look at anyone for a good minute:rotfl:. It was the first time I had seen him be shy or embarrassed and it was adorable.

Lady Tremaine went back to Connor and was trying to get him to marry Anastasia. Most of the conversation went over his head but to us parents it was hilarious. The fact that he didn’t know what was going on made it that much funnier. She stayed with us longer than any other character at ANY character meal we had before or since.

The prince was the next character to stop by. I don’t remember much from this one but I do remember thinking that he had a lot of personality. It is hard to be Cinderella or the prince at his meal because the other three can be crazy and fun but I think he did a pretty good job engaging Connor. I have heard that the prince can be pretty dull but anybody will seem dull coming after Lady Tremaine.

Anastasia came next. Her and Connor had some chit chat until Joe chimed in and told him not to be shy since this was his future bride:bride:. Of course that set Anastasia into a frenzy. It was too cute Connor actually played along really well and she even gave him a kiss on the cheek:love1:.

Last we had Drizella and she was my least favorite of the three. The teen boy at the table next to us had something going with her so she kept turning her attention to him, talking to him and blowing him kisses.

At the end of the meal, our server brought Connor a cupcake which he really enjoyed.

This was a really good meal from the food to the characters and I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Boys, girls, young, old whatever there is something for everyone and I am very happy I chose this for my Mother’s Day dinner:flower1:.

After dinner, Connor and I walked Joe and the little boys out to get the stroller. While Joe was busy strapping them in Connor and I snuck off. I hate doing this but it is better to do this then to upset the boys to the point where they cannot calm down. Joe was headed back to the room and Connor and I were headed to MK for our mother/son night.

Last edited:
I was a little bit intimated going into the hotel because I have heard that it is very fancy and can feel that way. But, I honestly didn’t feel that way.
I was a little bit the same way. I totally expected to walk in there and feel snubbed but you really don't feel anything but peaceful relaxation.

Lynn, the Teddy Bear Lady
Who? :confused3

Exactly three minutes after I got our pager we were called to be seated:confused3.
I think they tell you that so that you don't get cranky waiting.

The one disappoint was no strawberry soup:sad1:.
You may have just missed it. It was hiding when I was there a few days ahead of you.

Nicholas was watching some Mickey Mouse and she commented that he was watching her boss, the rat. Cinderella said he doesn't like that when she calls him that :rotfl2:

She was very pleased to have her own page in the autograph book but didn’t like that Cinderella’s picture was everywhere. At the time Nicholas had started doing his lovely new screech and he was eating his magicband. Lady Tremain made a comment to him about this and he put his head down and refused to look at anyone for a good minute:rotfl:. It was the first time I had seen him be shy or embarrassed and it was adorable.
:rotfl: I think she is the best interaction of the Bunch.

The prince was the next character to stop by. I don’t remember much from this one but I do remember thinking that he had a lot of personality.
Impressive he fell pretty flat when we saw him.

I have heard that the prince can be pretty dull but anybody will seem dull coming after Lady Tremaine.
Except I'm pretty sure that wasn't it. Maybe he was just more engaging with boys? :confused3

Anastasia came next. Her and Connor had some chit chat until Joe chimed in and told him not to be shy since this was his future bride:bride:. Of course that set Anastasia into a frenzy. It was too cute Connor actually played along really well and she even gave him a kiss on the cheek:love1:.

Sounds like a great choice for Mother's Day Dinner! Glad you had such good character interactions in addition to enjoying the food.

I'm excited to hear about your mother/son MK time!

Looks like a great dinner! We have never eaten anywhere at the GF but will be doing 1900 park fare breakfast in January.

Just caught up on your last three updates!

Looks like you had a great Mother's Day! Your boys were so cute and two character meals in one day so lucky!

I also love The transit authority, this is a fav ride of mine. I also love laugh floor we tried it a few years ago and really enjoyed it!

We had such perfect weather the weeke before you, and your trip seems much warmer!!

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Exactly three minutes after I got our pager we were called to be seated:confused3. So much for waiting the whole time:thumbsup2.
Wow! Nice surprise!

Next up Lady Tremaine and definitely one of my favorites from the entire trip.
She seems like a lot of fun! I'm glad she was true to form for you guys.

have heard that the prince can be pretty dull but anybody will seem dull coming after Lady Tremaine.
It would really be hard to play that role, in all honesty. The prince doesn't have a lot of film material to work with as far as how to act and play the role. I'm glad he did a good job for you guys.

This was a really good meal from the food to the characters and I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Boys, girls, young, old whatever there is something for everyone and I am very happy I chose this for my Mother’s Day dinner:flower1:.
Awesome! I've always heard great things about this dinner. It has never really been near the top of our list to try, but I do want to get there eventually. We really might have to check it out soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter