• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I DON'T Walk. A kids rule May 2015 TR *Completed 2/13*

Congrats on the two new trips added!!! So exciting! I should probably add a ticket for my current PTR but I'm think I'm waiting till its offcial when I book my flights hopefully this month!

I'm not positive but I think you can try DVC before the 7 month mark from a company like David's, I think the 7 month mark applies if it's the owners no home resort but I'm not 100%.

Your poor back! This happens to us often I feel like sometimes DD doesn't want to be in the stroller and only will let me carry her and oh my is it hard on my back.... I keep hoping for mom arms from it but hasn't happened yet!

My DD also loved living with the land which made me happy because I love it too!

The driving seems to be working out greater for you guys I'm thinking this may be a good option for us in the future.... Having the transportation is nice but having a car as an option to may be the way to go!

Another good start to the day!

You may have noticed I have two new countdowns in my signature :jumping1:. Joe and I have been contemplating going back for SWW again. We fell in love with the event when we went as did the boys. We have officially decided that we are going.
Exciting!!! party:

We will be going back the same week as this trip so it will be another Mother's Day at Disney World :dancer:.
Lucky duck!! :jumping1:

The second countdown is for an adult's only anniversary trip:love:.
Ooo those are fun! Completely different trips than going with kids.

This is all but final we just need to wait until it gets closer to firm up babysitting plans. This means I get to be an AP holder next year too.
:dancer:

I had to carry Nicholas from the fountain area back around Innovations West, we stopped at the bathrooms because Connor had to go potty, and then through the land to Living with the Land, all the while trying to not wake him up and doing it in 90+ degree heat:faint:.
Super Mama!!! :worship:

He didn't plan the pose at all but I think its cute it worked out that it looks like he is floating away.
::yes:::cutie:

Yay, TWO trips planned! How fun! Of course, the family trip will be fun but the anniversary trip sounds awesome! We're renting DVC points at AKL in May, too!

That's great that you had such an easy entrance at Epcot. We're planning on using EMH for the first time in November so I have no experience with that!

I laughed at your nursing experience on SSE! I would have felt awkward too with all of the animatronics staring at me!

I was surprised that my boys enjoyed Living with the Land too. I was expecting them to be bored the entire time but they loved all of the plants!

Excited to read about your experience with Turtle Talk!

Not just one but two trips coming up that's exciting!

We love EMH especially in the morning because less people take advantage of that one.

Living with the land is a must for us, glad you guys enjoyed it.

Yay for your new tickers/trips! :cool1: So excited for you guys!

Sorry you had such a rough night's sleep! I can't imagine just getting up at 3am. :faint:

Weird, I've never had a CM approach me in that Test Track showroom area and we've spent a little too much time playing in those cars. I suppose since it was early and empty they had nothing better to do when you were there.

Glad that everyone enjoyed LWtL and that you were able to sit down after all that running around with the boys.

I am on :cloud9: and I figured I could share my excitement with you. Now back to the TR.
Congratulations on both new tickers!!! Looks like a lot of fun! I'd be excited about being an AP holder too.

One nice thing about driving is that at DHS and Epcot there are bag checks off to the side and really only accessible if you have parked in the lot. These bag checks never have anyone at them and are a breeze to get through.
Shhh.... Don't tell everybody. :rolleyes1

I love being able to drive and sneak through those bag checks.

I did not want a brochure but I felt bad saying no so I gave her my details and she gave me two of the Tomorrowland movie pins:thumbsup2. I was pretty excited about the pins and I still haven’t received my brochure:confused3.
Cool! Looks like a win for you!

I felt like this was a huge chunk of time to waste on one ride during EMH.
True. But just think how much time you'd waste if you did it later and they had to wait in a line.

This was a terrible idea and I have no idea what I was thinking:confused:. I had to carry Nicholas from the fountain area back around Innovations West, we stopped at the bathrooms because Connor had to go potty, and then through the land to Living with the Land, all the while trying to not wake him up and doing it in 90+ degree heat:faint:. By the time we reached the ride my back was screaming in pain. It felt so good to sit in that boat let me tell you. I was afraid the boys would not enjoy this ride but they really did. Connor loved pointing all the produce he recognized and James loved the fish.
Oh yuck. That's jut brutal. I feel your pain. But I'm glad that LWTL worked out so you could sit down and the boys enjoyed it.

He didn't plan the pose at all but I think its cute it worked out that it looks like he is floating away.
It does look like it was planned out! Great picture.

Congrats on the two new trips added!!! So exciting! I should probably add a ticket for my current PTR but I'm think I'm waiting till its offcial when I book my flights hopefully this month!
Thanks, I was too excited to wait :blush:. All though the first trip might be different if they do take away SWW :sad:

I'm not positive but I think you can try DVC before the 7 month mark from a company like David's, I think the 7 month mark applies if it's the owners no home resort but I'm not 100%.
yeah, I looked into that but its $2 more a point if you reserve before 7 months

Your poor back! This happens to us often I feel like sometimes DD doesn't want to be in the stroller and only will let me carry her and oh my is it hard on my back.... I keep hoping for mom arms from it but hasn't happened yet!
I know, I thought my arks would be guns after the trip but sadly it still hasn't happened :rotfl2:
My DD also loved living with the land which made me happy because I love it too!
Yeah, it is a good ride, I would love to do the behind the seeds tour one time too.

The driving seems to be working out greater for you guys I'm thinking this may be a good option for us in the future.... Having the transportation is nice but having a car as an option to may be the way to go!
I don't think I would do it different until we are stroller free.

Exciting!!!​

:cool1:

Ooo those are fun! Completely different trips than going with kids.
I know after this trip I think we need it.

Yay, TWO trips planned! How fun! Of course, the family trip will be fun but the anniversary trip sounds awesome! We're renting DVC points at AKL in May, too!
Oh yay, I am excited to check the place out.

That's great that you had such an easy entrance at Epcot. We're planning on using EMH for the first time in November so I have no experience with that!
I honestly did not notice the difference between that hour and the first hour if there wasn't EMH, plus its so early :faint:

I laughed at your nursing experience on SSE! I would have felt awkward too with all of the animatronics staring at me!
:rotfl:I knew I was being paranoid but it was still awkward.

I was surprised that my boys enjoyed Living with the Land too. I was expecting them to be bored the entire time but they loved all of the plants!
I know I thought they would be bored too.

Excited to read about your experience with Turtle Talk!
OMG it was so fun just wait.

Not just one but two trips coming up that's exciting!
:cool1:

We love EMH especially in the morning because less people take advantage of that one.
Its true there were not many people there

Living with the land is a must for us, glad you guys enjoyed it.
It is not a must for us too now.

Yay for your new tickers/trips! :cool1: So excited for you guys!
Thanks

Sorry you had such a rough night's sleep! I can't imagine just getting up at 3am. :faint:
It was rough but oddly, I was not tired

Weird, I've never had a CM approach me in that Test Track showroom area and we've spent a little too much time playing in those cars. I suppose since it was early and empty they had nothing better to do when you were there.
Yeah, we were literally the only people there.

Glad that everyone enjoyed LWtL and that you were able to sit down after all that running around with the boys.
Oh, it was so good.

Congratulations on both new tickers!!! Looks like a lot of fun! I'd be excited about being an AP holder too.
Thanks, I'm pumped about it.

I love being able to drive and sneak through those bag checks.
It is so nice but out of the way unless you drive.

True. But just think how much time you'd waste if you did it later and they had to wait in a line.
Very true.

Oh yuck. That's jut brutal. I feel your pain. But I'm glad that LWTL worked out so you could sit down and the boys enjoyed it.
It was a very nice break

It does look like it was planned out! Great picture.
Thanks

Day 4 Part 2: Bonding with a Turtle

Just like the previous day with MILF, we just missed Turtle Talk with Crush so we waited the whole 20 minutes:sad2:. The nice thing about this holding area is all of the things to do.

Connor had no hesitation about sitting with all the kids on the floor but James wanted to stay with us.
So Crush tells us that Squirt has some questions about human things and then the kids can ask him questions which was what I remember happening last time we went. Instead though, he asked for questions to which Connor raised his hand and he was called on. I was nervous what he was going to ask but instead Crush asked him if he was a cool dude. Then he asked him who he was hanging with to which Connor replied, “I like doing this” Crush got a big kick out of that. Finally, he was able to tell him that his mom and dad brought him and Crush says he wants to talk to mom:scared1:. I have never wanted to be a part of a show and here I was being forced to. It was actually really fun though. He asked me about my offspring, how many I had, did they ask a lot of questions and then he says we bonded. Right after our participation, he moved right to the part with Dori so I am not sure what happened to the questions portion except that we did the whole thing. It was so fun to be a part of the show and I am glad we did it. After Crush, Connor needed another potty break so Joe took the little boys to see the fish. Next, it was time for a new to us ride, Figment.

This ride was okay, I did think that Figment was cute and that song got stuck in my head all day but, I wish I could have seen the original everyone talks about so much:figment:. One thing to note was that I was preparing for the smell but the smells must have been broken that day because we got no smell:confused3. I should probably be grateful for that I am guessing.

We let the boys play in the after area for a little bit.

After Figment, I really wanted to check out the Tomorrowland trailer but I thought the boys wouldn’t like it so we skipped it and instead went into the butterfly garden.

At this point it was very hot and we were in need of some refreshments. The best place for that is Club Cool.

I tricked Connor with some Beverly and he was not amused:laughing:. I tried to get James something but he threw a fit because he didn’t like the one I picked and we had to leave. It was time for lunch and Joe and I were excited to try out the outdoor kitchens.

Last edited:
Then he asked him who he was hanging with to which Connor replied, “I like doing this” Crush got a big kick out of that. Finally, he was able to tell him that his mom and dad brought him and Crush says he wants to talk to mom:scared1:
I feel your pain. That's kind of a nervous moment in the show that your kid might actually get called on! I'm glad Crush went easy on you.

This ride was okay, I did think that Figment was cute and that song got stuck in my head all day but, I wish I could have seen the original everyone talks about so much:figment:
::yes:: I miss the original.

I was preparing for the smell but the smells must have been broken that day because we got no smell:confused3. I should probably be grateful for that I am guessing.
You definitely lucked out on that one! :rotfl2:

I tricked Connor with some Beverly and he was not amused:laughing:. I tried to get James something but he threw a fit because he didn’t like the one I picked and we had to leave.
:rotfl: You didn't give James Beverly did you?

Connor had no hesitation about sitting with all the kids on the floor but James wanted to stay with us.
So Crush tells us that Squirt has some questions about human things and then the kids can ask him questions which was what I remember happening last time we went. Instead though, he asked for questions to which Connor raised his hand and he was called on. I was nervous what he was going to ask but instead Crush asked him if he was a cool dude. Then he asked him who he was hanging with to which Connor replied, “I like doing this” Crush got a big kick out of that. Finally, he was able to tell him that his mom and dad brought him and Crush says he wants to talk to mom:scared1:. I have never wanted to be a part of a show and here I was being forced to. It was actually really fun though. He asked me about my offspring, how many I had, did they ask a lot of questions and then he says we bonded. Right after our participation, he moved right to the part with Dori so I am not sure what happened to the questions portion except that we did the whole thing. It was so fun to be a part of the show and I am glad we did it.
:rotfl2::rotfl: Gotta love when you get "Volunteered" to participate.

This ride was okay, I did think that Figment was cute and that song got stuck in my head all day but, I wish I could have seen the original everyone talks about so much:figment:.
I just hope they refurb it soon. THat building has so much potential in it. The best part about the current form is the song and Figment himself.

I tricked Connor with some Beverly and he was not amused:laughing:.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2

Just like the previous day with MILF, we just missed Turtle Talk with Crush

I have to ask, what is MILF?!? I've wracked my Disney brain trying to figure it out!

Glad you had a great time trying some new kid-friendly rides at Epcot. We love Figment!

I have only done turtle talk once but it was very good. That's cool that both you and Connor got involved.

I love the character figment but the ride could be better and I also wish I could've see. The original because I hear so much about it.

Club cool is always fun and I always try to get someone to try the Beverly.

Oh wow, cool Turtle Talk experience! You and Connor were the stars of the show! I would have been so nervous but it seems like it went really well!

Figment is such a fun ride but it's even better with a play area after! I love anywhere the boys can move around and blow off some steam.

Love this picture, by the way. This looks like our living room every night!

How funny that Connor tried the Beverly! I'm trying to be brave enough to at least taste it next trip!

I feel your pain. That's kind of a nervous moment in the show that your kid might actually get called on! I'm glad Crush went easy on you.
lol, you understand exactly. I could have been a lot worse.

::yes:: I miss the original.
I think I need to Youtube the original

You definitely lucked out on that one! :rotfl2:
Good to know

:rotfl: You didn't give James Beverly did you?
Nope :rotfl:I gave him the green label one and he didn't want the green label one. BTW congrats I saw your new countdown :cool1:

:rotfl2::rotfl: Gotta love when you get "Volunteered" to participate.
:bitelip: Like hello there's a reason adults don't raise their hand

I just hope they refurb it soon. THat building has so much potential in it. The best part about the current form is the song and Figment himself.
I did enjoy both of those elements.

I have to ask, what is MILF?!? I've wracked my Disney brain trying to figure it out!
:rotfl2: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

I have only done turtle talk once but it was very good. That's cool that both you and Connor got involved.
We seem to have pretty good luck with being involved in the shows

I love the character figment but the ride could be better and I also wish I could've see. The original because I hear so much about it.
Yeah, Figment is a little cutie.

Club cool is always fun and I always try to get someone to try the Beverly.
:rotfl2: I can't wait to try it on the two little ones when they are older

Oh wow, cool Turtle Talk experience! You and Connor were the stars of the show! I would have been so nervous but it seems like it went really well!
I was I missed some questions because I was so nervous :blush:

Figment is such a fun ride but it's even better with a play area after! I love anywhere the boys can move around and blow off some steam.
Yes, it is a great way for them to release the energy.

Love this picture, by the way. This looks like our living room every night!
:rotfl:us too

How funny that Connor tried the Beverly! I'm trying to be brave enough to at least taste it next trip!
Yeah, some how I "forgot" to try it :rotfl2:

Haha, funny that you were the topic of Crush's show!

Sweet, no stink on Figment!

Interested to hear about your experience at the Outdoor Kitchens!

:scared1: It's been forever since I updated and for that I apologize. It's been a little crazy with school and work, I have had no time for anything else. I actually have everything all typed it just the DIS and my computer do not like each and it is painfully slow every time I try to do something. If I was reading your TR I promise I still am but it has been in the moments I have down time and is hard remember where I lasted commented and trying to get caught up but, I am there just not vocal. Now back to the TR.

Day 4: Part 3
I Don't Walk!

We had just finished our pit stop at Club Cool and had to leave over a tantrum caused by giving James the wrong drink :sad2:. I think Joe was taking care of that while I took pictures of the beautiful flowers on the walk over.

We headed toward Canada and James was still having a tantrum:blush:. I told him we were staying put until he calmed down. Joe and Connor went to hunt down a spray bottle fan while James, Nicholas, and I baked in the sun waiting out the tantrum.

Joe and Connor got some pictures

I took James away from the crowds and took some pictures while he let off some steam.

Finally he was able to calm down and we could move on:worship:. The thing I needed on this hot, stressful day was calling my name from France. In the meantime we took pictures along the way.

Connor was very intrigued by the phone booth

Some of the boy's favorites are from Peter Pan

"Look, it's Captain Hook!"

And my favorite :lovestruc

Our first outdoor kitchen was Fluer de Lys. He we got a strawberry macaroon and an alcoholic ice tea push up.

I tried to share my macaroon with the boys but they wanted the push up. Okay, this was a parenting fail:blush:, I tried to eat this as fast as possible and promised them an ice cream after lunch. The push up had a very strong alcohol flavor and it was too sweet to be refreshing. The macaroon was delicious, fluffy on the inside with fresh strawberries:thumbsup2.

At this point, the boys were very hot and hungry. James was asking for chicken nuggets and Connor had to go potty again:sad2:. Joe took Connor and I told him to meet me at the Liberty Inn at the American Pavilion for lunch. I got the boys all set up but I couldn’t really get in line and I watched as Joe walks right passed the building. Of course he wasn’t answering his phone:sad1:. While we waited these guys were hanging out inside for some reason:confused3.

Joe finally found us and got the boys an adult chicken nugget meal to split. I ran over to the Smokehouse booth and got us beef brisket with hash and a piggylicious cupcake.

The brisket was amazing, tender and complimented by the while cheddar and hash perfectly. The cupcake was gross to us :crazy2: maple, bacon, and cupcake are apparently not a combo we enjoy.

Our next booth was Hanami in Japan for frushi.

This stuff was amazing. Joe was super skeptical about it but we devoured it and then went and got a second. While we ate the drummers were out and the boys enjoyed watching them. Our next outdoor kitchen was in Morocco at Marakesh. We got the chicken kabob and cous cous.

Joe really enjoyed the chicken but I thought it was too spicy. The cous cous was standard fare but delicious none-the-less. Our last outdoor kitchen was at Botanicos for the corn pancake. I thought this was just okay, I thought it would be more flavorful but it was pretty bland. We sat down to eat this in France and I figured that I should try an Orange Grand Marnier Slush while I was there:idea:.

Connor had control over the camera here.

Again, not being a big drinker I thought it had a lot of alcohol in it but, that’s good that their not stingy in France:drinking1.

We all needed to get in some AC and relax for a bit so we headed out. At about the bridge between France and the U.K. Nicholas once again demanded to be held :mad:. I carried him all the way to the car:faint:. On the way back no one had fallen asleep and I had promised ice cream so I ran into OPR for some popsicles.

On the drive from OPR we were discussing how we would get to the room with everyone and the ice cream and such. I said that James could walk and his response was, “I don’t walk”. Really???:furious: We hadn’t noticed :cool:. Between Connor and James wanting to be in the stroller constantly and Nicholas couldn’t walk and needed to be held the whole time, it seemed like an apt title for my TR. When we got back to the room everyone was too hyped to sleep so we went to the main pool. James and Connor had a fun time running around the play area and Nicholas was just happy to splash around near the edge.

After some time in the pool, we were able to get back to the room for a nap.

Last edited:
Yum! Some of those food both items look great!

Did you at least get some Mom arms out of the no walking?

So happy to see an update! Sounds like you had a lot going on.

I've already decided we won't be getting the push up thing they're offering for F&WF, cause I'm certain DS would only want it for himself!

If I was reading your TR I promise I still am but it has been in the moments I have down time and is hard remember where I lasted commented and trying to get caught up but, I am there just not vocal.
I totally get it. BTW I find that the like button is ever so helpful in this case. It sometimes acts like a bookmarker for where I left off.

Finally he was able to calm down and we could move on:worship:.
Ugh, gotta love public meltdowns in the heat! :crazy2:

I tried to share my macaroon with the boys but they wanted the push up.
:rotfl2:

Okay, this was a parenting fail:blush:
Nah, Not in the least! It would only be a parent fail if you let them have one! :thumbsup2 Kids have a knack for wanting to try what they shouldn't have. For instance, little miss loves coffee so much she will eat the beans whole if allowed! Also, Little miss has asked to try alcohol as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter