• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't understand how they make it look like you are going into the beast's castle..

DaMalfishentQuen

Earning My Ears
I haven't been but I was wondering how they successfully make it look like you're going into the castle that they have up on the hill.
Does it really work?
Even from looking at videos I don't understand, and I don't understand how the castle could possibly look real and big either. It looks tiny like the size you'd see in storybook land!
Sorry to be ignorant but I just am so confused haha.
Also how do you rate new fantasyland overall? is it worth the hype?
Thanks

I haven't been but I was wondering how they successfully make it look like you're going into the castle that they have up on the hill.
Does it really work?
Even from looking at videos I don't understand, and I don't understand how the castle could possibly look real and big either. It looks tiny like the size you'd see in storybook land!

You must use your imagination.

The "forced perspective" only goes so far.
The rest is where a guest must suspend her/his disbelief.

You must use your imagination.

The "forced perspective" only goes so far.
The rest is where a guest must suspend her/his disbelief.

Oh of course yeah :) but does it look good?
And also like when you go into the be our guest restaurant, how do they do it? I just want to know :) cause can't you see that it's in a completely different place?
And also like when you come out of enchanted tales from belle, how do they do the exits and entrances?
Sorry i find it so interesting :)

Oh of course yeah :) but does it look good?
And also like when you go into the be our guest restaurant, how do they do it? I just want to know :) cause can't you see that it's in a completely different place?
And also like when you come out of enchanted tales from belle, how do they do the exits and entrances?
Sorry i find it so interesting :)

You don't see the exit from ETWB when you're inside BOG. We cany try and explain it here, but it won't do it justice. Be Our Guest is the kind of place that just needs to be experienced in person. It's spectacular.

Does it really work?
Also how do you rate new fantasyland overall? is it worth the hype?
Thanks

You don't see the exit from ETWB when you're inside BOG. We cany try and explain it here, but it won't do it justice. Be Our Guest is the kind of place that just needs to be experienced in person. It's spectacular.
Like Missy said, you have to see it to get a true idea how it looks. And it does come off well, very well.

Beast's castle is but a tiny item on the warehouse roof of Be Our guest, but, from the ground, it looks like a real castle, far away and high up in the mountains.

If you look at this series of photos from WDWMagic, DMQ, you can see some of the details. After you click the thumbnails to look at larger photo, click the larger photo again to make even larger and more detailed. Forced perspective can do wonders.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...syland-aerial-views-of-construction/15962.htm

BOG and ETWB are two different animals, so to speak. One is set in the castle the other in Maurice's home where your magically transported to the castle.

Also keep in mind, the portion of the castle you see is only the top of it. As pp said, you have suspend belief at some point.

As to whether it looks good and worth the hype, well I think that is a matter of opinion. I for one think it is marvelous. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies ever. To me I feel as if they brought the Maruice's, Gaston's Tavern and the Beast's castle to life. I love the new area. Others may feel the new area is a bust.

I can't say that New Fantasyland as a whole is worthy of hype and amazement but the forced perspective of Beast's Castle does work. It is very easy to suspend your disbelief and believe you are dinging in the castle at BOG. We loved it!

Yes I am with the others. You have to dine there to really see it. We love it, really, really beautiful.

Enjoy The Magic!!

Y'all are getting me excited to see this in person! Last time we were there, you could see the castle behind the construction wall and it was rather weird.

I don't normally get caught up in the "magic" of Disney ... and I blame that on the fact that I'm a local and have gone too many times to count (I know, someone is playing the world's smallest violin for me right now ;) ) What I will admit to though, is I went to BOG on 3/17, I was alone in the parks and just happened to walk by right before it closed to get ready for dinner, and there wasn't a line, so I thought "Why not?!"

I got swept ... it just honestly seemed like I walked into Beast's castle. It was perfect.

And I can't even tell my family because my daughter would be so upset I went alone... :rotfl2:

QUOTE=reginaastralis;48965731]I'm a local and have gone too many times to count (I know, someone is playing the world's smallest violin for me right now ;) )
I got swept ... it just honestly seemed like I walked into Beast's castle. It was perfect.

And I can't even tell my family because my daughter would be so upset I went alone... :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

:charac2: Sorry I missed my cue:rotfl:

But it's true. The entry across the bridge and into the Beast's castle is one of the best things Disney has done in a while. My jaw actually dropped when we went inside.

Disney have pulled out all the stops at the new fantasyland with the themeing of the town and castle.

the castle looks amazing, going accross the bridge and into the castle is just truely amazing, the fact that you can eat dinner in the west wing with the rose in the jar and the torn picture when he was in human form, its straight out of the movie.

Gastons Tavern is decorated with "antlers" as he uses "antlers in all of his decorating" lol with a dart board and dont forget to try the brew its amazingly sweet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter