I don't think you took a picture of that....yet! (Updated 2/24)

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the photo of the Blue Angel! My DH would have excused the drive if he got to see her. :woohoo:

Your mug made me chuckle, I have that one too! Marisa and I use our mugs whenever we are missing Disney and that is a lot lately.

We've never stayed at any of the value resorts and I'm surprised how drab they are. Are they all like that!?

When I stayed at Pop in 2010 it was not that drab. They must have made over the rooms between then and now.

I'm here! Going back to the beginning to get caught up.;)

:welcome:

We've never stayed at any of the value resorts and I'm surprised how drab they are. Are they all like that!?

I prefered the room I had at All Star Sports in 2010. It had a little more color, but it wasn't overwhelming.

2530379980106080727NUKSpk_fs-M.jpg

2276449300106080727QGXtFo_fs-M.jpg

2525081920106080727INlQow_fs-M.jpg

2525081920106080727INlQow_fs-M.jpg

The photos I've seen of the recently updated rooms at All Star Movies show a really cute walpaper border looking like a film strip of the movies the resort showcases. We actually were originally booked at All Star Movies for the first two nights of this trip, but a discount code came out and Pop ended up being cheaper, so we switched.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the photo of the Blue Angel! My DH would have excused the drive if he got to see her. :woohoo:

Your mug made me chuckle, I have that one too! Marisa and I use our mugs whenever we are missing Disney and that is a lot lately.

There was at least one other rest stop along the interstate in Florida that had a Blue Angel on display. I think their home is in Pensacola.

I love my Disney mugs! I use one every morning for my coffee!

Hey from the Northshore. :wave: I'm coming along for the ride.

When I stayed at Pop in 2010 it was not that drab. They must have made over the rooms between then and now.

I was just in Philadelphia at the end of March for a work trip. I didn't get to see much of the city aside from the inside of the sprawling convention center. I ate Dunkin Donuts every day. :love:

I imagined them to be just the opposite with the fun themes they have!

Isn't it crazy? They are adequate, but not much more than that. They are great for people who spend the majority of their days in the parks and just use the resort as a place to sleep but still want to take advantage of the on-site Disney perks.

A friend and I laugh about the themes of the Values and how they present them compared to the immersive theming of the moderate and deluxe level resorts. For example....if the Polynesian was a Value resort, it would be the standard T-buildings with giant metal hibiscus flowers welded to the sides. A 40 foot tiki torch would be the icon of one building and a giant surf board would identify another. A giant flowery lei would be hanging from the ceiling in the food court....

WP2...Anybody want to guess where we went our first morning? (I'm working on the update now!)
P1020651-M.jpg

Bethany,
I am here. I haven't started reading yet. But I wanted to tell you I can't wait for this report. You and Eddie so deserved this trip.

Ok I am off to catch up.
Ellen

Ok, I have no idea where that picture was taken and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!:crazy2: LOL

Loving the report!!! I've only stayed at POP once for one night before we checked into AKL. I do remember the food court/gift shop to be very overwhelming! Nice that they have the refrigerators though! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!

Bethany,
I am here. I haven't started reading yet. But I wanted to tell you I can't wait for this report. You and Eddie so deserved this trip.

Ok I am off to catch up.
Ellen

Thank you!

Ok, I have no idea where that picture was taken and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!:crazy2: LOL

Loving the report!!! I've only stayed at POP once for one night before we checked into AKL. I do remember the food court/gift shop to be very overwhelming! Nice that they have the refrigerators though! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

As for where Piglet is, see below....

A couple times throughout the trip, I got into random conversations with people. Anytime Pop came up, that seemed to be the consensus! Crazy food court!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

We went to Fantasia Gardens Mini-Golf!

P1020652-M.jpg

We slept in a bit this day, which was nice. I dont remember what time we got up, but it was late enough that housekeeping was knocking at our door before we had left for the morning.

We went to Everything Pop and I had a bagel with chocolate milk. My DH didnt eat anything because it was already 10:30 by this point, so it wouldnt be too long before we ate lunch.

Wheres Piglet? 3&.Where did we eat lunch this day?
IMG_1282-M.jpg

My guess is Beaches and Cream based on the placemat.

Cool game!

Yep, Beaches and Cream!

Y'all are GOOD!

Piglet was at Beaches and Cream!

IMG_1283-M.jpg

After breakfast at Everything Pop, we went out and caught a bus to Hollywood Studios. We had a very short wait for a bus, and when we got to the Studios, we didn’t enter because this was the day we did not have park tickets. We transferred to a Friendship boat for a ride to the Swan. We had perfect timing; they were loading the boat as we arrived.

We got off at the Swan and walked the short distance to the Fantasia Gardens Mini-Golf.

2820278870106080727CYdHCz_fs-M.jpg

The day we were there, they were doing maintenance on two of the holes, so we got a 15% discount. The cost was $10.20 instead of $12 per person.
2202720470106080727ggUvsf_fs-M.jpg

We ended up with tied scores….assuming our math was correct while on vacation. I was proud of myself for getting two holes in one! I suppose if we count that last hole, I got THREE holes in one, but I don’t count that last hole because it’s designed to steal the ball back in one fell swoop!
2233156660106080727FSWjMA_fs-M.jpg

The course is inspired by scenes from the movie Fantasia. Each hole has a sign introducing it; it indicates the scene it’s from, the hole number, the par, and then a punny poem. Here are photos of some of the holes.
2103463330106080727QvOdoG_fs-M.jpg

2217216500106080727luQfiQ_fs-M.jpg

2194735010106080727WcLnVE_fs-M.jpg

2146577960106080727ORARNd_fs-M.jpg

2088141080106080727faDDUZ_fs-M.jpg

2086974020106080727miabFb_fs-M.jpg

They are not kidding here when they say it will douse you….there is a sensor or something on the pathway and it DOES dump water on people!

2889448570106080727qmvazJ_fs-M.jpg

2666112200106080727bizgMy_fs-M.jpg

This is the final hole that steals your ball….and the hole splashes water up when the ball goes in.
2963528570106080727MGsxeE_fs-M.jpg

In all, we enjoyed playing this course. This is actually the second time I’ve played this course. In hindsight, it might have been better for me if I’d played the other course at Fantasia Gardens for something different. I’ve heard that side is very difficult, and I wanted to have fun, not be frustrated. It is designed like actual golf putting greens, not a putt-putt course. I didn’t see any fun gimmicks on that course, but I couldn’t see most of it from where we were.

The other alternative (on Disney property) would have been to play the summer course at Winter Summerland. We have played the winter side, but not the summer side. I had hoped to play two rounds of mini-golf on this trip, but we ended up doing only one. Maybe on my next trip I’ll play the summer course.

Ok, well I get a pass on this one because I've never played mini-golf there!! But it looks like a lot of fun. Maybe on our next trip!

And yes, I say Beaches N' Cream too. Yummmmyy!!! Isn't it so nice to sleep in on a Disney vacation!

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. Mini-golf is definitely on the list of "WDW must do's" but not during one of our August trips!

Ok, well I get a pass on this one because I've never played mini-golf there!! But it looks like a lot of fun. Maybe on our next trip!

And yes, I say Beaches N' Cream too. Yummmmyy!!! Isn't it so nice to sleep in on a Disney vacation!

Okay, you get a pass. :)

Been following love the pictures :wave2:

Thank you. :)

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. Mini-golf is definitely on the list of "WDW must do's" but not during one of our August trips!

I've mini-golfed in August. It's hot....but still fun.

Just checking in for updates

They are coming. Sorry, it was the end of the school year and then I unexpectedly ended up going out of town and didn't have good internet access.

After mini-golf, we caught the boat to the Beach Club. We could have walked, but we werent in a hurry and the boat is nice. We again lucked out with the timing and we had no wait. At the Beach Club, we ate at Beaches & Cream, which is a tradition of mine. We were told the wait would be 35-45 minutes, but we were pleasantly surprised when the wait was only about 5 minutes! We got a seat at the counter and had our usual orders of burgers, fries, and a shake. YUM!

2893317800106080727SdYzDk_fs-M.jpg

2821973710106080727pFVTaL_fs-M.jpg

After lunch, we caught a bus to Downtown Disney (again no wait!) to transfer to a bus back to Pop Century. Again we had no wait for a bus! We were having some serious luck with the transportation!

All this good luck with no waits, just isn't translating to us waiting for updates. ;)

Is there a special lantern we need to rub?

Your fans are waiting for an update!
:jumping1:

Bethany,

Sweetie, Please finish your trip report. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter