I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind!!

For me it's when I see palm trees. :goodvibes There are two different routes that I can take to get to Disney. I take the one that is about half an hour longer because I head south sooner. :rotfl: I love palm trees :love: I even tried to convince DH to plant one here. :rolleyes1

There is a mall near me that does have palm trees, so I think I should be able to grow one, too. I know I couldn't, because my home is a mortuary for any type of plant, so I wouldn't want to subject a poor little palm to what it would face here. Really, I am sure I have heard plants whispering warnings to each other and trying to hide on the garden section shelves as I have walked by them before - hoping that I wouldn't bring them home. ::yes:: I buy fake ones, and I am happy to report, they are all thriving! :cool1:

Finally caught up! School has been extremely busy lately and won't get any better until the end of March. :scared:
How fun that you and Brooklynn got to stay longer and have some no-park days! I always tell people there's so much to do there without stepping foot into a park.
OKW looks amazing! This South Floridian would stay there in a heart beat!
I need to get to DTD in the morning this summer! It's insane at night.
I love all the shopping, as always. I bought the pack of 6 pens in November and they make writing so much better!
I love the Fantasmic float! So cute!
The Poly is one of my dream resorts.
Looks like you had an awesome Fourth! I love how you can see the silhouette of the Swan in the firework shots! I haven't been in Disney on the 4th since 2005 and won't be this year, but next year if I go to UCF I'll def be there! :cool1:
I'll be keeping the families that are going through tough times in my thoughts! How sad.
Snow Days sound like fun! We don't have that problem down here.:(
I have no idea how you guys deal with the cold weather! Under 60 is freezing in my book! I'm looking forward to :beach: this summer!

I've gotten a wee bit behind - but your fun at Boardwalk and BC with Anita's gang and the rest seems like a blast! What a nice relaxing way to spend a day. I really need longer trips so I can do that too.

So sorry to hear of all the heartbreak. :hug: I will keep everyone in my prayers.

The weather's been crazy eh? For us it's pretty normal - super cold, below zero windchills, throw in a couple inches of snow here and there. Typical winter.

Got a super busy week - Sarah's in a school play and I've got a scrapbooking weekend too. Trying to accomplish so much before I go (the guilt of leaving weighs on me if I don't). I am coming back early so I can actually see the play and Paige has a dress rehearsal for dance (same time of course). Oh well. I've made a chart of where everyone needs to go on which day. Daddy and Grandma will be fine!!

Hope you're enjoying a nice weekend!

Looks like a beautiful night sitting there at the BC & watching the fireworks! :goodvibes

Great meet with some wonderful Dis friends!:thumbsup2

It was a wonderful night weatherwise, and it's always great to see our DIS pals. :woohoo:

Finally caught up! School has been extremely busy lately and won't get any better until the end of March. :scared:
How fun that you and Brooklynn got to stay longer and have some no-park days! I always tell people there's so much to do there without stepping foot into a park.
OKW looks amazing! This South Floridian would stay there in a heart beat!
I need to get to DTD in the morning this summer! It's insane at night.
I love all the shopping, as always. I bought the pack of 6 pens in November and they make writing so much better!
I love the Fantasmic float! So cute!
The Poly is one of my dream resorts.
Looks like you had an awesome Fourth! I love how you can see the silhouette of the Swan in the firework shots! I haven't been in Disney on the 4th since 2005 and won't be this year, but next year if I go to UCF I'll def be there! :cool1:
I'll be keeping the families that are going through tough times in my thoughts! How sad.
Snow Days sound like fun! We don't have that problem down here.:(
I have no idea how you guys deal with the cold weather! Under 60 is freezing in my book! I'm looking forward to :beach: this summer!

Hope you can push through until March, then, without going crazy!

When will you finalize your college plans? It will be nice to be close to WDW. You and your friends can go over to the parks or DTD some evenings here and there to get a dose of Disney magic to booster your study skills, right? :wizard:

I can take temperatures in the 50's. I prefer not to dip into the 40's, and the 30's are just out of the question. :laughing:

I've gotten a wee bit behind - but your fun at Boardwalk and BC with Anita's gang and the rest seems like a blast! What a nice relaxing way to spend a day. I really need longer trips so I can do that too.

So sorry to hear of all the heartbreak. :hug: I will keep everyone in my prayers.

The weather's been crazy eh? For us it's pretty normal - super cold, below zero windchills, throw in a couple inches of snow here and there. Typical winter.

Got a super busy week - Sarah's in a school play and I've got a scrapbooking weekend too. Trying to accomplish so much before I go (the guilt of leaving weighs on me if I don't). I am coming back early so I can actually see the play and Paige has a dress rehearsal for dance (same time of course). Oh well. I've made a chart of where everyone needs to go on which day. Daddy and Grandma will be fine!!

Hope you're enjoying a nice weekend!

Yay for long trips! Two weeks still was not enough, though. I will have to try for three sometime. :thumbsup2

Enjoy your scrapbooking weekend. I know Jill would enjoy doing that.

I wish we could all see the play. ::yes::

Not for one second to I want your winter!!! :cold:

For those keeping up with people who have been on our mind here, they took the three year old girl off of life support yesterday. She passed away in the early evening. This family has lost a loving grandmother and a little girl right on the heels of celebrating the new life of their baby boy. Life can sure throw some unforeseen twists and turns. Pray for strength and comfort for them.

As for Lindy, the girl in the ski accident, she is in a rehab hospital and will be for 2-3 months. They are trying to stimulate muscle power with electric stim, from what I understand. They have hooked her up with some sort of eating apparatus, so she is feeding herself for the most part. Her husband and son are still with her. I don't know what plans are, if any, for bring the baby back here to stay with relatives off and on, but I know he is a big part of her desire to work hard and reach her maximum potential. Reports are that her spirits are still amazing! :goodvibes

There is a mall near me that does have palm trees, so I think I should be able to grow one, too. I know I couldn't, because my home is a mortuary for any type of plant, so I wouldn't want to subject a poor little palm to what it would face here. Really, I am sure I have heard plants whispering warnings to each other and trying to hide on the garden section shelves as I have walked by them before - hoping that I wouldn't bring them home. ::yes:: I buy fake ones, and I am happy to report, they are all thriving! :cool1:
Hahaha that's so funny, I used to plant flowers every spring in a planter by our door. I finally quit when one year DH said, "Oh, are those your sacrificial plants this year?" :rotfl: He on the other hand kept a Poinsettia alive for four years, until he had to go on a trip without me and I was left with the care of his plants. That was the only victim but still... :confused3
We do have people in town with the short palm trees, but I want the tall ones and our wind would knock it over for sure. :(

Great news about Lindy. She seems like she has the right frame of mind and I bet she will amaze her doctors one day. I am so sorry to hear about the other family. It is so heartbreaking. I will continue to pray for them.

When I watched the video of Lindy I could see an inner glow about her. I'll bet she does amazing things!

The family suffering the loss of their three year old and parent will continue to be in my prayers. They will have a very long road ahead of them to find some sort of peace. These situations are so difficult to manage. Even though you have to keep going it's just so hard....

First things first I want to offer my thoughts and prayers to all of those in need of them. Sounds like it has been a tough week in DisTown. My mother and I had a family friend pass away this week as well. I hope everyone is doing ok:grouphug:

And now second of all: that picture of the birds on the roof of the Beach Club is terrifying!!! :scared1:

Thirdly, that picture of Jackie and Chelsea is hilarious! :rotfl: Jackie, you should save that for a future wedding slide show or something! ;)

And fourth and finally, I'm going to have to put "watching illuminations from the beach club" on my WDW bucket list!

Take care everyone:goodvibes

Memom

I am still here reading along - just want to say how sorry I am for that family - life can be so hard sometimes.

Great to hear about Lindy - it sounds like she has great spirit and will accomplish exactly what she wants and needs.

Still loving your reports. Hope you are all well.

I know you are all very cold so I wont tell you we are having the hottest summer we have ever had - :rolleyes1 Probably not as hot as you guys experience but way hot for us.

Our country is experiencing a big drought but we had rain all over for the first time in 15 days - so my tomatoes and other vegies are very grateful. Hasnt dropped the temperature though. I am not complaining cause winter will be here way too soon

Take care

Hahaha that's so funny, I used to plant flowers every spring in a planter by our door. I finally quit when one year DH said, "Oh, are those your sacrificial plants this year?" :rotfl: He on the other hand kept a Poinsettia alive for four years, until he had to go on a trip without me and I was left with the care of his plants. That was the only victim but still... :confused3
We do have people in town with the short palm trees, but I want the tall ones and our wind would knock it over for sure. :(

I'll have to stick with the fake ones. They have to be dusted occasionally, but for a dollar here and there, I might be able to give that task to the girls. :idea:

Great news about Lindy. She seems like she has the right frame of mind and I bet she will amaze her doctors one day. I am so sorry to hear about the other family. It is so heartbreaking. I will continue to pray for them.

I read a post from someone who had talked to her, and they said she had been 'counseling' a couple of hospital people who were going through infertility issues, as she had gone through that for several years before she had her son. I know she is an inspiration every day to those around her. :)

Can you even imagine losing a child and your mom within a few days of each other? :(

When I watched the video of Lindy I could see an inner glow about her. I'll bet she does amazing things!

The family suffering the loss of their three year old and parent will continue to be in my prayers. They will have a very long road ahead of them to find some sort of peace. These situations are so difficult to manage. Even though you have to keep going it's just so hard....

You will have to enlighten men on the video. I have not seen that yet.

I am sure the young mother would have turned to her mother for comfort in lsoing her child, yet her mom is not there either. So, so sad.

First things first I want to offer my thoughts and prayers to all of those in need of them. Sounds like it has been a tough week in DisTown. My mother and I had a family friend pass away this week as well. I hope everyone is doing ok:grouphug:

And now second of all: that picture of the birds on the roof of the Beach Club is terrifying!!! :scared1:

Thirdly, that picture of Jackie and Chelsea is hilarious! :rotfl: Jackie, you should save that for a future wedding slide show or something! ;)

And fourth and finally, I'm going to have to put "watching illuminations from the beach club" on my WDW bucket list!

Take care everyone:goodvibes

Glad you got a chance to get caught up. The birds - we should not tell Dawn about them. :ssst: ;)

Memom

I am still here reading along - just want to say how sorry I am for that family - life can be so hard sometimes.

Great to hear about Lindy - it sounds like she has great spirit and will accomplish exactly what she wants and needs.

Still loving your reports. Hope you are all well.

I know you are all very cold so I wont tell you we are having the hottest summer we have ever had - :rolleyes1 Probably not as hot as you guys experience but way hot for us.

Our country is experiencing a big drought but we had rain all over for the first time in 15 days - so my tomatoes and other vegies are very grateful. Hasnt dropped the temperature though. I am not complaining cause winter will be here way too soon

Take care

We are going to get into the 50's and maybe even low 60's later this week, so I will not complain. This morning was still cold, though! I am getting pictures from friends in WDW, and it is nice and warm there. :cool2:

Hi Memom, your #1 lurker fan here! I have read ALL of your trip reports so far and LOVE them! You have such awesome adventures! I am happy to hear the good news about the woman that was in the ski accident. One of my newphews was in a car accident March of last year and was told he may never walk again and they were WRONG! Its so nice that one can share their joys and sorrow here on your TR. I have prayed, laughed and cried with you many times so here is where i came to ask for prayers for a friend of my nephews and his wife. Their friend was out one night with what he thought was a friend and some others when out of the blue they jumped him and severley beat him. He has some serious head trauma and is in need of many prayers. It's such a horrific story. So if i can come out of lurking and ask for healing prayers for Matt, he needs all he can get! Never underestimate the power of prayer.

crzy4mickey said:
Hi Memom, your #1 lurker fan here! I have read ALL of your trip reports so far and LOVE them! You have such awesome adventures! I am happy to hear the good news about the woman that was in the ski accident. One of my newphews was in a car accident March of last year and was told he may never walk again and they were WRONG! Its so nice that one can share their joys and sorrow here on your TR. I have prayed, laughed and cried with you many times so here is where i came to ask for prayers for a friend of my nephews and his wife. Their friend was out one night with what he thought was a friend and some others when out of the blue they jumped him and severley beat him. He has some serious head trauma and is in need of many prayers. It's such a horrific story. So if i can come out of lurking and ask for healing prayers for Matt, he needs all he can get! Never underestimate the power of prayer.

I'll be praying for Matt! How awful.

The chairs are unique, for sure, and I would be willing to add the word 'odd' to the description, in my opinion, anyway. I am sure they are works of lovely art to some.

I think in March, I will pull them out and take pictures of their backs. Are they named and dated, or just named? I am curious. Kay will probably walk away from me when I am doing this. :tiptoe: I won't blame her. :upsidedow

They just have the names BIG on the backs - did not see a date or anything else.

I am sure I got some odd looks when I took pictures of them or exclaimed loudly in the lobby - "Oh look the creepy chairs are out" :lmao:

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

I'll be praying for Matt! How awful.

You can definitely ask, and you will get thoughts and prayers from very fine people who visit here and who truly care about others. As you see, it didn't take long for you to get your first response. ;) So sorry to hear that he was involved in such a situation.

I am happy to read about anyone who has overcome the odds with a bad accident. Everybody is thrilled that there is upper body movement, because they weren't sure of that at first. Now, she's determined to move her lower body, too.

They just have the names BIG on the backs - did not see a date or anything else.

I am sure I got some odd looks when I took pictures of them or exclaimed loudly in the lobby - "Oh look the creepy chairs are out" :lmao:

I'll try not to act too crazy. I am not known for talking loudly (just the opposite, actually) but I may embarrass Kay enough by just taking some of the pictures I do. She'll be the one to say LOUDLY, "Why in the world are you taking pictures of a doorknob?" or some such thing. She thought I was strange taking pictures of the sweets case in The Confectionery one time. What's strange about that? :scratchin

I will be sending prayers for Matt too!!!

So great Lindy is showing some movement. The mind is powerful and can see her through this. Keeping up the prayers, they don't hurt either. ;)

Hope you can push through until March, then, without going crazy!

When will you finalize your college plans? It will be nice to be close to WDW. You and your friends can go over to the parks or DTD some evenings here and there to get a dose of Disney magic to booster your study skills, right? :wizard:

I can take temperatures in the 50's. I prefer not to dip into the 40's, and the 30's are just out of the question. :laughing:

For those keeping up with people who have been on our mind here, they took the three year old girl off of life support yesterday. She passed away in the early evening. This family has lost a loving grandmother and a little girl right on the heels of celebrating the new life of their baby boy. Life can sure throw some unforeseen twists and turns. Pray for strength and comfort for them.

As for Lindy, the girl in the ski accident, she is in a rehab hospital and will be for 2-3 months. They are trying to stimulate muscle power with electric stim, from what I understand. They have hooked her up with some sort of eating apparatus, so she is feeding herself for the most part. Her husband and son are still with her. I don't know what plans are, if any, for bring the baby back here to stay with relatives off and on, but I know he is a big part of her desire to work hard and reach her maximum potential. Reports are that her spirits are still amazing! :goodvibes

Right now, I'm doing my best to raise my GPA as much as possible and reach my goal SAT/ACT score. I've narrowed it down to 5 schools- FSU and UCF are my top choices. The other three are to see about scholarships/backups.
I think UCF is my number one. I apply in August and hear from FSU in December and the others are rolling, so they can tell me whenever they want, but probably around October. I got my course card today to pick classes for next year, senior year! It's crazy! I feel like I chose my freshman classes yesterday.

I'm so sorry to hear about the woman who lost her mother and child. I can't even imagine! I'll be keeping them in my thoughts. That's great to hear about Lindy.

I will be sending prayers for Matt too!!!

So great Lindy is showing some movement. The mind is powerful and can see her through this. Keeping up the prayers, they don't hurt either. ;)

Chad's latest update says there are still some blood pressure issues, and when she sits up, she gets lightheaded and dizzy. Mostly he says they are moving forward, but of course there are some down moments in every day. At Christmas, they were a young, active family taking every happy moment life was giving them, and in one morning's ski outing, things changed for them forever. I feel like she is being as positive as she can, but I'm guessing the shock is now wearing off and the reality is setting in.

Right now, I'm doing my best to raise my GPA as much as possible and reach my goal SAT/ACT score. I've narrowed it down to 5 schools- FSU and UCF are my top choices. The other three are to see about scholarships/backups.
I think UCF is my number one. I apply in August and hear from FSU in December and the others are rolling, so they can tell me whenever they want, but probably around October. I got my course card today to pick classes for next year, senior year! It's crazy! I feel like I chose my freshman classes yesterday.

I'm so sorry to hear about the woman who lost her mother and child. I can't even imagine! I'll be keeping them in my thoughts. That's great to hear about Lindy.

Hope you get the perfect college situation for your needs and wants. :thumbsup2 Senior year will fly, so get ready for college to be here before you can blink very many times.

From our prime viewing spot, the gang loaded up light-up toys, towels, drinks, etc. to go see Marc and Anita's lodging.

Here's a fuzzy picture of the group on the way into Beach Club.

EndofSummer2012WDW477.jpg

Mickey, Mickey everywhere.

EndofSummer2012WDW478.jpg

Can you pick out their room?

EndofSummer2012WDW479.jpg

Chelsea found little friends to sit with.

EndofSummer2012WDW480.jpg

A tour of the bathroom.

EndofSummer2012WDW481.jpg

View from the balcony.

EndofSummer2012WDW482.jpg

Anita showed Jackie how they kept their drawings. Great idea!

EndofSummer2012WDW483.jpg

This was taken in the car as M, A, and B took us back to Pop Century.

EndofSummer2012WDW486.jpg

I had been asked by someone on the Pop Century Resort thread to get a picture of the TV stand and fridge for informational purposes. This was the last night, so this was the perfect time to clean the fridge out and take the pictures.

EndofSummer2012WDW487.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW491.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW492.jpg

That's it for this morning. Have a Tremendous Tuesday, all!

I have to relate a funny Caroline story to you all. princess:

I went and saw them this weekend, and her dad (my brother) said that on Thursday night, she told him she wanted to show Aunt Katie her Minne Mouse PJs. He said "How do you know Aunt Katie likes Minnie Mouse?" To which she replies, "Dad, Aunt Katie likes EVERYTHING Disney World!" :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

That's my girl! :love:

Wow....great view at the Beach Club.

Love what Anita does with her drawings from the Animation Studio...very clever idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter