I don't get it?

Princess Ash

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess<br><font colo
Why do so many teens call each other "slut/b*tch/wh*re/mutha******" etc?

To me...that is so disrespectful and not funny or cool or trendy. I would so insulted if someone called me that...
That really really bothers me...
Sorry...just wanted to say that...

:(

I agree with you 100%!!!

(and I want to send you a PM but your box is full just wanted to let you know)

I've never been called that and never want to! I hate that! It happens so much in my school. I'm glad I don't hang out with the "popular" groups who do that. I would feel insulted too! I don't get it.... :confused3 would you like to be called those names? I don't think so....so why do they call other people that? :confused3

I can't understand that either. Do 'ya think they were brought up in that environment???? They grow up to be very agressive as they get older

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would allow someone to call them that! It's so disrespectful to themselves.

I totally agree!

Not only does it hurt the person's feelings who got called that name, it makes the name caller look bad!

Cinderella94 said:
I totally agree!

Not only does it hurt the person's feelings who got called that name, it makes the name caller look bad!

Exactly! They think they look funny or cool...but to me...they just look like idiots!

Oh Tara...I'm going to empty my box now...so if you wanna send a PM, please feel free!

so, lets say a guy cheated on you...you wouldnt call him a Jerk or something else? It's just a way of expressing yourself. It's better than getting into a fist fight...
I've been called like all of those things and more, I just don't let it bother me. Let people think what they think. and its just a name like that rhime we learn when we are young. Sticks and stones can break our bones but names will never hurt us.

2HOT2touch said:
so, lets say a guy cheated on you...you wouldnt call him a Jerk or something else? It's just a way of expressing yourself. It's better than getting into a fist fight...
I've been called like all of those things and more, I just don't let it bother me. Let people think what they think. and its just a name like that rhime we learn when we are young. Sticks and stones can break our bones but names will never hurt us.

I don't mean it in that sense...
I mean...
Like girls joking around with their friends...like it's a compliment instead of an insult... :confused3

(Tho I don't agree with calling someone names period...but that's a whole nother discussion)

not to get too off topic, but I totally disagree with that "sticks and stones..." saying. Words can and DO hurt...sometimes worse than "sticks and stones" could! It hurts inside and offends...degrades your spirit. True, you can go too far and become too easily-offended; that's not good. But to say words can never hurt someone? Come on...

moving on... :goodvibes

I misunderstood Ash's original post at first, too, thinking she was talking about name-calling in general, but yah, it makes even less sense when people call each other vulgar names "for fun" or joking or whatever.

ellindea said:
not to get too off topic, but I totally disagree with that "sticks and stones..." saying. Words can and DO hurt...sometimes worse than "sticks and stones" could! It hurts inside and offends...degrades your spirit. True, you can go too far and become too easily-offended; that's not good. But to say words can never hurt someone? Come on...

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I think that they are horrible words, and that teens need to stop acting "cool" and using them, it especially hurts when you are called one of those words.. :sad:

yeah I don't get it either. When I hear people I know say it to each other I tell them off about it. They all know not to call me that.

BTW I love that Cedric picture. He's amazing

Arielfn93 said:
I think that they are horrible words, and that teens need to stop acting "cool" and using them, it especially hurts when you are called one of those words.. :sad:

A lot a people use those words b/c they think they are cool when they use them (kinda like swears, curses, etc.), but they're really not. It just makes them look stupid.

well, I'm called a sl*t by my friends or a skank in training.... I dont take offense because I know they dont mean anything by it. Or i will call my frienda sl*t if she is dressing sl*ty or something like that, or if she is being a B*tch to someone I will call her a B*tch. I guess its how you say it. If someone says it like they mean it then yea it could hurt but if they say it and you know they are kidding or w/e then it doesnt bother you. I can't really explain it. I'm called a "skank in training" because of the way I dress, but I dont take offense to it anymore because shes one of my best friends and i know where she is coming from but i dont care, cuz am who i am and i dont care what you think of it. it could also be like when there was slavery and the white people would call the black people ******'s and then the black people started calling themselves ******s so it became okay for the black people to say it but it wasnt ok for someone else to say it. Like its ok for my friends to call me a sl*t but its not ok for some random person to call me one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter