I do get to go! I do get to go! A trip that almost wasn't! Update 1/25

i have a confession to make....we didn't do a lot of shopping this trip. :guilty:

Oh, it's okay Dawn. I could never be mad at you! At least you tried! :hug:

I got a really cute Mickey with Santa from my DSIL this weekend. She didn't even know that I started to collect them. I was very happy when I opened that Christmas present.
I really like OKW, the rooms are Huge! I also like the theme and colors of the resort. Fun pictures from the CR too.

That's so funny you got one from your DSIL and she didn't even know you were collecting them! Yes, the rooms at OKW are huge! I didn't take a picture of our patio, which I wish I would have! It had a ceiling fan and a light so we sat out there some nights. It was relaxing.

Looks like a fun night at Chef Mickey's!

The feeling when you arrive at Magic Kingdom is easy to relate to if you 'get it' like we do. People who don't really understand the magic have fun, usually, and enjoy being there, but some of us just get that special feeling being there!

Chef Mickey's is a blast! I'm glad you can relate to my feelings. That's why I love sharing them with all of you because you understand!

Love your Tat.. I could never get one but i love to see other peoples, yours is very good.

Look forward to the rest of the TR

Thanks for liking my tattoo! I have another one if you'd like to see it!

Great update! I really love your hair like that, I'm thinking of cutting mine too. It looks so cute! How cool is it that you got to see Shaq?! He always remind sme of that stupid Aaron Carter song, "That's How I Beat Shaq." Which I'll admit I used to love... :laughing: How was Chef Mickeys?! We haven't been there since our first trip back in 1992!

I am really enjoying your trip report and all the pictures. It is so refreshing to see a young person enthralled with WDW. When I mention going to WDW to my nephew, he looks at me like I am crazy. He wonders why I would want to go to WDW in lieu of the beach. I tell him that he doesn't know what he is missing. :sad2: On the other hand, my children who are 18 and 26 have inheirted my love and crazinees for WDW. :thumbsup2 : Thank God.

Looking forward to reading more.

I agree about Shaq and his family not being able to enjoy the parks fully. We said too right after we saw him! But...one perk of being famous: getting to walk to the front of the line! :laughing:

He got to cut the line?! No fair!! :laughing:

Great update! I really love your hair like that, I'm thinking of cutting mine too. It looks so cute! How cool is it that you got to see Shaq?! He always remind sme of that stupid Aaron Carter song, "That's How I Beat Shaq." Which I'll admit I used to love... :laughing: How was Chef Mickeys?! We haven't been there since our first trip back in 1992!

I'm glad you like my hair! It's getting long now though! :laughing: I did love it. It was easy to style and great for WDW! It was nice not having sweaty hair on your neck all day. Okay now that I've grossed you out...:cutie:

It was so cool we saw Shaq! I called DBF right after I took the picture and said "Guess who I'm looking at?!" and He goes "Um....Mickey?" and I said "No! Shaq!" He's like "Oh...cool." :confused: I used to love that Aaron Carter song too! I saw Aaron in person once..in front of Rock 'n Rollercoaster! He was with a group of people that looked like his dancers and then a body guard. We were in the fast pass line and then they let Aaron and his group walk on and we had to wait to go on because they let him ride as many times as he wanted! :mad:

You know we love Chef Mickey's. The table right next to me that you can see in my pic of me swinging my napkin, they were getting mad at me for singing and dancing and kept giving me dirty looks. :rolleyes: If they don't want to have fun, then why come to WDW?!

I am really enjoying your trip report and all the pictures. It is so refreshing to see a young person enthralled with WDW. When I mention going to WDW to my nephew, he looks at me like I am crazy. He wonders why I would want to go to WDW in lieu of the beach. I tell him that he doesn't know what he is missing. :sad2: On the other hand, my children who are 18 and 26 have inheirted my love and crazinees for WDW. :thumbsup2 : Thank God.

Looking forward to reading more.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR! I just can't understand anyone who doesn't love or even like WDW. A family that we're friends with went there a couple years ago and they came home and said they'll never go there again. :eek:

He got to cut the line?! No fair!! :laughing:

I know! It's no fair at all!

Hi!! I was a lurker on your last trip report...actually yours was the first one I ever read and it got me totally hooked on them! I'm so glad you are writing another :goodvibes

Hi!! I was a lurker on your last trip report...actually yours was the first one I ever read and it got me totally hooked on them! I'm so glad you are writing another :goodvibes

You were a lurker? You should've said something! :) Well I'm glad you're back for this one! I can't believe mine was the first you ever read and it got you hooked! That's an honor! Thanks so much!

I just came over to check out your trip report. You are such a pretty girl! You and your sister both.:goodvibes My daughter is very into Tinkerbelle right now. We have to watch the movie two times a day and listen to the soundtrack in the car.

Your report is great! I'm subbing.:thumbsup2

I just came over to check out your trip report. You are such a pretty girl! You and your sister both.:goodvibes My daughter is very into Tinkerbelle right now. We have to watch the movie two times a day and listen to the soundtrack in the car.

Your report is great! I'm subbing.:thumbsup2

Hey Soleil! I'm so glad you're here! :hug: You are so nice! I know it might be weird being 21 and still going to WDW with your family, but I love every minute of it! This year was especially hard because I was missing my little guy at home (the 2 year old). We are thinking of possibly taking him next year for his first time! I got the Tinkerbell movie for Christmas but I haven't had the time to watch it yet! As I've told you on your TR, your girl is adorable!

Day 2: June 17th, 2008

After getting much needed sleep after finishing our traveling, we woke up and were ready to really be at WDW! It's so exciting waking up knowing that there's fun waiting ahead of you at whatever park you're going to that day. Even though I'm 21, I love that WDW can make you feel like a kid again.

Today, we decided that this would be our DTD day. I don't remember why we made this decision for this particular day, but go with me on it :laughing:. After getting ready, we headed to our bus stop just around the corner. OKW bus stops have the nicest little areas for the bus stops. There's several benches under an awning, a pop machine, and ceiling fans (attempting) to keep you cool while you wait. Here we are on our bench that we usually sat at every morning:

ak07-09-08017.jpg

I'm sure some of you have seen the poster that's behind me, even though you can't really tell what it is. It has a beautiful picture of Cinderella Castle and there's Tinkerbell and pixie dust swirling all around and says something about "Where the Magic Lives".

Finally, our bus came. We never really had a long wait for busses the whole trip which was nice! Here we are on the way:

ak07-09-08019.jpg

Since OKW is in the DTD area, it wasn't a long bus ride at all! First stop after arriving at the Marketplace, the Christmas shop! We always go here first every trip. My DSis, DBF, and I always get to pick out one ornament to put on the tree. My DMom writes our name and the year under our ornament. This year I picked out Tinkerbell in her Christmas outfit sitting on a snowflake. DSis picked out a ballerina Minnie Mouse. I had to pick out DBF's this year and found a Lightening McQueen one because he loves cars and the movie "Cars". :laughing:

After the Christmas shop, we always go out and pose by the Christmas statues they have nearby. This year, I got an idea "Hey! Why don't we take a good picture and use it in our Christmas cards this year!" :idea: And then I said, "Why the heck haven't I thought of that before?! We take one year every year!" Here's the two that turned out the best:

07-09-08continued037.jpg

We ended up going with this one:

07-09-08continued041.jpg

Of course, after the Christmas shop, we headed to our next favorite store: The World of Disney! This store is freaking enormous so we made sure all of us had our cell phones out and on in case we lost each other! :laughing: I know I bought some stuff here, but I can't remember what I got for the life of me! As some of you can guess, it was Tinkerbell stuff though! :cutie:

Then, we headed over to the Disney ESPN store and that store that's connected to it that has Roxy and Billabong stuff. I found a really cute Billabong tote bag and bought that. I also saw a really cute dress that I thought would be perfect for my birthday which was in July. I turned 21 and we had a "luau" on our deck so everyone dressed in Hawaiian stuff! I remembered that there is also a store like this in Adventureland over by the Magic Carpets, so I decided to wait and look there before buying a dress.

I can't remember what else we did there, but before long we realized that we needed to head back to OKW because we were planning on having lunch there before heading to the MK. (Yes, we go to the MK a lot) We rode the bus there, so we decided to ride the boat back and see what that was like. It was so much fun! There was so much beautiful scenery! Here we are waiting on the boat for it to take off:

ak07-09-08020.jpg

And here we are approaching the edge of OKW:

07-09-08continued042.jpg

After getting off the boat dock, I saw a pretty opportunity for a picture and made DMom take it :laughing: :

07-09-08continued044.jpg

We decided to grab a quick lunch at the CS by the pool area. While DDad and DMom were ordering, we found a quiet little area of two tables right outside Olivia's Cafe. It was nice because we were off on our own and in the air conditioning! Here we are eating our dessert. As you can tell, my DSis loves chocolate :laughing: :

07-09-08continued045.jpg

DDad trying not to laugh at DSis's pose in the first pic:

07-09-08continued046.jpg

We then decided to walk around the pool area because we haven't stayed here before. Here we are sitting at a table right before DSis wanted to take a picture of the flower right by here. She's so random sometimes. :laughing: :

07-09-08continued047.jpg

ak07-09-08024.jpg

After walking around, we decided to head to the bus stop by the lobby and head to the MK because we were having dinner at Tony's that night. Another one of our favorites! I know there's been mixed reviews on here about it, but we've never had a problem.

After getting to the MK, can you guess what our first ride was? If you guessed the People Mover, you are correct!

ak07-09-08025.jpg

Then, I think we headed over to Adventureland so I could look at the dresses there and I ended up buying one! After that, we decided to take a ride on the Magic Carpets because there was barely a line!

07-09-08continued049.jpg

I don't remember what we did after that, but eventually it was time for our ADR at Tony's so we headed toward the front. The waiting area at Tony's is always packed but we were lucky and got a bench seat. This was probably the longest we had to wait for a table the whole trip. After eating, I don't remember exactly what we did. I know we rode Winnie the Pooh one time because I was wearing my Pooh shirt! Here's some pics we took on the People Mover (yes we rode it again!):

07-09-08continued050.jpg

07-09-08continued051.jpg

07-09-08continued052.jpg

07-09-08continued056.jpg

****Continued in next post****

I remember that we sometime rode the Pirates because right afterwards, we could hear Spectro so we hurried to Frontierland and got a spot. I'm so sorry that some of these pictures are blurry. Our camera was acting up a lot this trip!

07-09-08continued059.jpg

07-09-08continued060.jpg

07-09-08continued062.jpg

07-09-08continued063.jpg

07-09-08continued064.jpg

07-09-08continued065.jpg

07-09-08continued066.jpg

07-09-08continued067.jpg

07-09-08continued068.jpg

07-09-08continued069.jpg

07-09-08continued070.jpg

07-09-08continued071.jpg

07-09-08continued072.jpg

07-09-08continued073.jpg

Up next: Epcot

Of course, after the Christmas shop, we headed to our next favorite store: The World of Disney! This store is freaking enormous so we made sure all of us had our cell phones out and on in case we lost each other! :laughing:

i always lose my signal in here. and i always forget that i lose my signal and i tell whomever i'm with - just keep your cell close by and we'll call each other when we're done. then i have to go walking around the store holding my cell phone up like an idiot, trying to find a signal!

this is where we sat september of last year when those evil OKW birds tried to steal my breakfast!!!!

i always lose my signal in here. and i always forget that i lose my signal and i tell whomever i'm with - just keep your cell close by and we'll call each other when we're done. then i have to go walking around the store holding my cell phone up like an idiot, trying to find a signal!

this is where we sat september of last year when those evil OKW birds tried to steal my breakfast!!!!

haha, I can just see you doing that while walking around the store. Bump into anyone?!

Those darn birds. And then of course the people right next you start feeding them and attracting more!:headache:

Happy New Year! :banana:

Hope you had a fun night last night!! What did you guys do? I loved your update. I like how you still call TTA the People Mover...because I wasn't a big Disney kid (unfortunately) I don't remember it being called that lol Your Christmas pics came out so good! You and your DSis are veryyy photogenic!

Happy New Year! :banana:

I loved your update. I like how you still call TTA the People Mover...because I wasn't a big Disney kid (unfortunately) I don't remember it being called that lol Your Christmas pics came out so good! You and your DSis are veryyy photogenic!

I can't believe it's already 2009!

Yeah, we'll always call it "the people mover". And we'll always call DHS "MGM". :laughing: Well I'm glad you liked our Christmas pics! We always get told we are so photogenic! The guy who did my Senior pictures was surprised at how fast we got them done because he always has people set aside an hour and half to do them and we were done in like 45 minutes!

Another day and another cute Disney shirt! :laughing: I love it! Your family's so cute, I llove how close you and your sister are. Great pics, and you have to post a pic of the dress you bought!

Another day and another cute Disney shirt! :laughing: I love it! Your family's so cute, I llove how close you and your sister are. Great pics, and you have to post a pic of the dress you bought!

:laughing: I'm glad you like my shirt for today! I love showing you them since I can't hang out with you. Yeah me and my sis have always been close. I was 4 when she was born and she's been "my baby" ever since. I gave her her first bath...used to feed her in her high chair all the time. They have pictures of me sitting on the kitchen table with my feet on her feet thing of her high chair. And still now today, I feel like she's my baby. Especially when she's doing something like cheering. Okay, I'll post pictures of my party on our deck when I get a chance so you can see my dress AND see my little guy.:)

:laughing: I'm glad you like my shirt for today! I love showing you them since I can't hang out with you. Yeah me and my sis have always been close. I was 4 when she was born and she's been "my baby" ever since. I gave her her first bath...used to feed her in her high chair all the time. They have pictures of me sitting on the kitchen table with my feet on her feet thing of her high chair. And still now today, I feel like she's my baby. Especially when she's doing something like cheering. Okay, I'll post pictures of my party on our deck when I get a chance so you can see my dress AND see my little guy.:)

Aw, that's too cute! I always wondered what it would be like to have a sister, it must be so nice :goodvibes Definitely post pics of your party. I think we both need to rip-off Dawn's idea of a "Year in Review"... I have to go sort through my pictures now! :lmao:

I can't believe it's already 2009!

Yeah, we'll always call it "the people mover". And we'll always call DHS "MGM". :laughing: Well I'm glad you liked our Christmas pics! We always get told we are so photogenic! The guy who did my Senior pictures was surprised at how fast we got them done because he always has people set aside an hour and half to do them and we were done in like 45 minutes!

2008 was by far the fastest year everrrr! You and your DSis are definitely photogenic. Thats too funny about the senior pictures. It certainly wasn't the case for me. I had to have re-takes because the first ones came out TERRIBLE. In my defense, it was raining the first time I took them and made my hair fro out really badly. The second time I took them it was a beautiful day out so I was in luck :laughing:

When do you start school again?

Aw, that's too cute! I always wondered what it would be like to have a sister, it must be so nice :goodvibes Definitely post pics of your party. I think we both need to rip-off Dawn's idea of a "Year in Review"... I have to go sort through my pictures now! :lmao:

I will attempt to make a "Year in Review" :laughing: Will you still like it even if it turns out crappy?! :flower3:

I had to have re-takes because the first ones came out TERRIBLE. In my defense, it was raining the first time I took them and made my hair fro out really badly. The second time I took them it was a beautiful day out so I was in luck :laughing:

When do you start school again?

Okay..you can "Blame it On the Rain" (that was my Milli Vanilli moment-I don't know if you remember that song) :laughing:

My first day back is the 20th. Boo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter