I didnt hate Spaceship Earth! My Review inside!

CoPirate

Mouseketeer
Here is my review:

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

The new signs out front are fantastic. No more ‘The future as told by the 80’s’ signs out front. They are shiny and electric! The old mural was still there and while the space mountain sparkling music is gone, the smell is still there.

We boarded our ride and I was impressed how seamless the new screens seem to go into the existing ride. The new ‘star tunnel’ as you go into the ball, is updated and I cant wait to see what they do with that picture they take of you.

The first half of the ride is beautiful. The animatronics were AMAZING. So fluid. The cave drawings now dance and move. The Pharoah has a new crown. The greeks are teaching instead of acting, it makes more sense. All the smells were there, everything looked shiny and new.

Judi Dench sounds convincing as a narrerator, but I never found her annoying as some have.

Such subtle changes everywhere, but once you get to the age of TV and radio everything is different, and I liked the new changes. Obviously a great deal went into setting up the new scenes they are intricate.

Yes the entire end half of the ride is gone. But the questionnaire is cute, and it works.

I was really impressed by the overhaul. There are still a few problems (WHY didn’t they tweak the ride system!!?) But I think it was a good rehab.

I read a lot of the bad reviews and prepared myself for the worst, but just couldn’t find it. Do I miss the old attraction? Of course. Its whats I grew up with. But the new attraction is neat and makes sense, the point is clear and concise all the way through.

This ride is in no way ruined… unless you are a Disney purist, and than youd never be satisfied unless they left everything alone. They obv. still have some work to do, and hopefully will tweak some of the weaker elements.

A welcome change.

I rode SSE on 12/8 and thought it was good. It seemed very similar to the previous version to me - the smells were still there and the familiar scenes. I do wish there was a catchy, inspiring song when you were finishing the descent but hoping they just haven't finish that part yet. :thumbsup2 And the Judy Dench narration worked for me - must be a girl power thing!!! :cutie: All in all, I was pleased and am glad that the attraction will be opening soon. Any SSE is better than no SSE in my book.

Thank you for a positive review of a SSE soft opening ride. I love SSE, it has always been a "must do" on each and every trip, was me and DH's first ride together as a married couple and both of our boys rode that as their first ride so I there is a lot of sentiment tied to it. :) After reading the negative reviews I was getting a little bummed about it but I have vowed to go into it with my eyes wide open and decide for myself.

It was nice to read a nice review on it though, so thanks! :thumbsup2

You didn't hate it? I'm afraid you'll have to turn in your Disneyana Fan Club card. ;)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! It's great to see a nice positive review. That's why I have read the DIS for so many years. I realise that I suffer from a serious Pollyana syndrom, but just don't see the point in running down every attraction, ride change, donut hole, etc. Love to go to WDW, and wish each his own, but don't think for a moment that every attraction is going to live up to the need for negativity.

Can't wait to try it for myself, and THANKS once again for daring to say you enjoyed it!!!!

Strange question but does it still go backwards when it comes down? That's what has kept me off of it after the first time I rode it. I'm petrified when it goes backwards. Of course, I rode it with my dad and he kept telling me look down see how far it is. We're going to crash through the ball to our deaths and since you're going backwards you won't see it coming. Yes, he has a strange sense of humor.

Strange question but does it still go backwards when it comes down? That's what has kept me off of it after the first time I rode it. I'm petrified when it goes backwards. Of course, I rode it with my dad and he kept telling me look down see how far it is. We're going to crash through the ball to our deaths and since you're going backwards you won't see it coming. Yes, he has a strange sense of humor.

1. yes it still goes backwards.

2. Re: your fear.. if it makes you feel better, its IMPOSSIBLE for that to happen. The cars are one continuous loop throughout the entire ball, and it could never start going backwards and "fall" since something would have to be pushing it up to do back down.

I rode it with my dad and he kept telling me look down see how far it is. We're going to crash through the ball to our deaths and since you're going backwards you won't see it coming. Yes, he has a strange sense of humor.

Gah! Thanks Dad. :laughing:

Thanks for your review, its good to get an unbiased review. They just have to finish off the rest of the ride instead of leaving it blank!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter