I did not know this about pins.

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I am at Vero Beach and asked to see the pin trading board. I did not know that the pins with the little Mickey icons all originated on a CM's lanyard or on a board like that. They had a pin book showing all these sets since 2003.

I had only known these as Hidden Mickey pins. I had decided to go for the 7 dwarfs set without realizing their history. No wonder it is not easy!image.jpeg

thats really interesting! That may be why I cant' finish my "stick figures family" set that has those mickies on them

So far I have the little boy and the kitty -

There have been multiple Hidden Mickey pin sets. Sometimes both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World got the same sets, sometimes they're different. The parks merchandise website has a listing of all of the pins in the sets since 2003.
Walt Disney World: http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/blog/hidden-mickey-pins-walt-disney-world-resort/
Disneyland: http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/blog/hidden-mickey-pins-disneyland-resort/

Good luck hunting!
Thanks for the links!

I found pin trading at Vero to be great! It was good for finding the new hidden Mickey sets, as they put them out on the boards and lanyards all the time. It was not great for finding some of the older pins, but the current hms were in beautiful condition.

Good luck on finding all 7 dwarfs -- it's trying to complete sets that gets you really addicted!

thats really interesting! That may be why I cant' finish my "stick figures family" set that has those mickies on them

So far I have the little boy and the kitty -
i have a million of the stick figure pins. might not be an accurate number, but i know its a lot. I saw them a lot in may. I'm currently going for the monorail sets.

If you need to finish a Hidden Mickey set and are headed to the parks ask at guest relations to see the book. They usually have a good selection of the CM lanyard pins "hidden mickey" as they have become.

Be wary of these you find on sites like ebay as they do tend to be fakes since they can not be bought and are limited edition in the sense that the company strikes a large batch of them then doesn't usually reproduce them later.

Other cool thing is some sets have special ones where the pin is not filled in. It started in like 2011 or 2012. When I got my first one I thought it was fake or rade and then found out it is just an extra special "finisher" to the Hidden mickey set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter