I could nev. . .Happy Bir. . .*Beep!Beep!* - A Solo/Birthday Feb. '14 TR *Update: 10/25*

Ooh! I'm signing up for this report. :) I'm thinking of taking the family during this same week in 2016. Also, the report is just fab. ;)

Oh my goodness! I am so so so so sorry for getting away from this TR (again). I really do want to finish it.

From this point forward, I, Becky, solemnly swear that I am up to no good. Wait sorry that wasn't what I meant to say. ;)

I, Becky, solemnly swear to finish this report.

Chapter 6 - Hooray for Hollywood! Part 3

When I last left you, I was wrapping up lunch and ponchos began to appear outside the windows. Yes, unfortunately it was beginning to rain but at this point it was just a drizzle. It wasn't really poncho worthy (yet.)

It was getting close to the time for my Star Tours FP+ so I wandered over to that side of the park. My walk over didn't quite kill enough time so I needed to find something else to occupy me.

I noticed that the theater near by was having a special look at the live-action Cinderella movie that was coming out. Honestly, from the trailers I had seen of it so far, I wasn't blown away. This special preview though blew me away.

They first started by essentially showing a long trailer but they then segued into the transformation scene. It was super cute. Then we got to the part where Cinderella's dress changed. Ugh! I was officially fighting back tears. :sad: Just knowing that the same part in the animated film, was Walt Disney's all-time favorite piece of animation made everything all the more special. I wasn't alone in feeling this because there were a couple of ladies in the row in front of me losing the battle against crying. I missed being able to see it in the theaters though so I have to wait another month.

So now my FP+ was good to go! I noticed the standy by wait was around 30 minutes so I was glad to have the pass.

20669279021_28227611e2.jpg

20041639473_4a27884e1a.jpg

It turns out it really wasn't a 30 minute wait after all. So after my first amazing ride through space, I I turned around and did it all over again! I love this ride so much! Oh, and can I just say how excited I am for this new Star Wars land? I was pretty much raised on Star Wars so, I'm looking forward to being able to experience this in the future with my family.

At this point, I was beginning to go through character withdrawal. To remedy this, I decided to go on a voyage.

20636321176_fc200b6093.jpg

Despite being only a baby when this movie first came out, I have some serious emotional attachments to this movie. The wait for the next show was probably around 10 minutes but it felt like a lot longer till we were let in.

20636326876_711cff922f.jpg

I can sometimes be nit picky about performances and this wasn't any exception. Ariel had a wonderful voice (obviously) but sometimes her phrasing was weird. (I hope that makes sense.)

20040063804_b270e580f2.jpg

20653380572_015668da9a.jpg

My prior complaint totally had zero effect on me though because yet again, I was emotionally compromised. Watch out folks! I'm a crier! :rolleyes:

By now I figured that the Animation building would be a buzz with activity so that's where I was headed next.

The thought had crossed my mind to try out the Animation Academy but there were too many people waiting already. Hmm! What to do now?

20653382072_fe4da5c29b.jpg

Nope. Perhaps this will help.

20653395442_c03a222dab.jpg

That's right! I decided to meet the ever wonderful Minnie Mouse!

The wait was only about 20 minutes and the character attendants were plenty entertaining so the time just flew by. Her M&G room is stunning and I made sure to tell her that! Her one attendant said that I was inflating her ego too much. It was so fun!

20658706922_8fdc5e6591.jpg

Up next: Will I actually need to join the poncho posse? Can I survive the rest of the night without wanting to cry?

Last edited:
They first started by essentially showing a long trailer but they then segued into the transformation scene. It was super cute. Then we got to the part where Cinderella's dress changed. Ugh! I was officially fighting back tears. :sad: Just knowing that the same part in the animated film, was Walt Disney's all-time favorite piece of animation made everything all the more special. I wasn't alone in feeling this because there were a couple of ladies in the row in front of me losing the battle against crying. I missed being able to see it in the theaters though so I have to wait another month.

I loved that scene! It was just as special in the movie. (Disclaimer: I really loved the whole movie)

I love this picture!!!

Oh I loved the live action Cinderella! That's so cool that you got to see a preview and her carriage!

Star Tours is one of our favorites as well. Love it and we try to ride it at least twice each time we are in Hollywood Studios.

Cute Minnie pictures!

I loved that scene! It was just as special in the movie. (Disclaimer: I really loved the whole movie)

I love this picture!!!

Yay! Now I can get even more excited about seeing the movie. I believe it comes out on Sept. 15 so it won't be too much longer.

Oh I loved the live action Cinderella! That's so cool that you got to see a preview and her carriage!

Star Tours is one of our favorites as well. Love it and we try to ride it at least twice each time we are in Hollywood Studios.

Cute Minnie pictures!

Star Tours for the win!!! The fact that it is super hard for you to get the same scenario twice is what makes that ride so enjoyable.

I totally agree with both of you about the Minnie picture. It has to be one of my faves from the trip. In fact it is hanging up in my collage frame right now!

Before I do another TR post, I just wanted to let you all in on something.

I'M GOING BACK TO DISNEY!!!

This year I am going to be taking my sister down with me for her birthday and boy was she surprised when I told her. I had wanted to get a video of her reaction but she wasn't feeling the greatest that day so I decided against it. The rationale behind telling her as soon as I could was so that she could help with the planning.

Unlike when I went down earlier this year, we will actually be there on her birthday,which means she gets to pick everything we do that day. I am so excited!

Here is the video I made to surprise her:

Chapter 7 - Hooray for Hollywood! Part 4

After my first (and only :confused3) character meet & greet for the day, I headed back out into the park. I had another FP+ to use.

I don't know if you've heard of this little movie Disney made called Frozen. It seems to be somewhat of a niche film that not too many have seen. Oh, who am I kidding! :rotfl:

After hearing good things about the performers in the show, I decided to get a FP+ for it. I totally went to the wrong theater at first though.

20475867009_b77e681457.jpg

20662606405_6e1cb752a7.jpg

I was not disappointed at all. The storytellers were all kinds of amazing! Instead of singing along (which I easily could have done even without the lyrics on the screen), I was just watching the storytellers on the sides of the stage. It was great. Oh and I didn't have to worry about hearing hundreds of people singing really terribly because the music was soo loud! Maybe the sound people did that on purpose. :rotfl2:

20041659123_d6c86d066e.jpg

This part gave me some serious goosebumps though.

20636337976_68de1dec8e.jpg

20653394722_6f51b6a8d1.jpg

20474597130_b679fd78a5.jpg

Once the show was done, there was something that needed to be checked off of my Disney bucket list. I had been wanting to do this since my very first trip back in 2006. Needless to say, this was a long time coming.

20669284281_4200ba0868.jpg

We're getting close but first let's get a little pick me up.

20662664165_6d41e85e69.jpg

Ahh, that's better!

Uh oh! What's this?

20475878279_4106edbb4e.jpg

Yep, that's right it's poncho time! While I was walking around the rain kept hitting my face even with having the hood up and it was crazy annoying so I used my wallet.

To buy a hat that is. :thumbsup2

20474679260_614717c92c.jpg

What exactly was I wanting to do?

20669395021_393932788e.jpg

As you can see the rain wasn't around for very long. It probably was only 25 minutes or so. While waiting for the next show, I walked around to take some more pictures.

20474681380_08fb7e7922.jpg

20662661355_3d7241aa8f.jpg

20669395601_06cc6e05f7.jpg

Con't in next post

Last edited:
Chapter 7 - Hooray for Hollywood! Part 4 continued

An event nine years in the making was about to happen! I was finally going to see the Beauty and the Beast show!

I was prepping myself already because I knew the emotions were going to be running crazy high. I managed to grab a spot in line near the front of the pack and only had to wait about five minutes before they let us in.

The first spot I grabbed was quickly blocked by a giant so I had to slide over a bit in order to see. There was no way that I was going to have my view ruined. This is my moment people!

Before I knew it, the lights dimmed and the music swelled and at that moment I knew I was doomed. Get ready for a picture-palooza!

20040089294_2c5d80a84e.jpg

20653455252_618b669fcf.jpg

20474656228_1d0c3cc884.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: 1
Becky:0

20636423086_65173fd4cf.jpg

20662683195_f0fcd09b96.jpg

20474664478_93a264f430.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: 2
Becky: 0 :sad1:

20669391771_793d19302d.jpg

20636421096_bfd1eea21c.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: 3
Becky: 0

20653470422_ebee318921.jpg

20040115604_5214db7635.jpg

Beauty and the Beast: INFINITY
Becky: 0 :sad::sad::sad:

That's right I was completely and utterly an emotional wreck. This was everything I had dreamed of and more. I will never not love this story and its music.

By now the sky was beginning to look more like this:

20662695335_80f9729f36.jpg

I really didn't have anything else I wanted to do except for Fantasmic! So I wandered in and grabbed a seat for the show. As I was headed in, some of the CMs noticed my magic band and wanted a closer look. They were all amazed that I had used nail polish to decorate it.

20041736313_d41805b8bc.jpg

As I was waiting for it start, they kept making weather announcements so I was slightly worried about it being canceled for the night. Not to worry though, this was soon my sight.

20041751923_3ea902bb35.jpg

20040130914_d70ea9f708.jpg

20653491762_5967f30895.jpg

I love this picture!!!

20040144884_8c1fce3590.jpg

20474701980_fef55164d6.jpg

If you were thinking that I cried again, you would be correct! It's all those princesses and Heroic Mickey. I lose to my emotions every time but hey, I don't care!

I headed out with the masses towards the buses. Yet again, I was mentally honking my horn at people. The good thing about being solo, is that I easily wove through the crowds and was at the bus stop in no time. Plus, my bus luck was still going strong which means I didn't have to wait very long and I got a seat.

Once I got back to my resort, I stopped in the gift shop to pick up my mystery bag from Fun Finds that I had delivered. The CM helping asked for my claim slip. Uh, what? The lady yesterday never sais anything about keeping a slip. Luckily, they could use my ID to get .

Once I got back to my room, I grabbed my mug and headed down to grab dinner. It was a simple cheese pizza. Nothing incredible but it hit the spot.

As I was walking back to my room the cutest thing happened.

20636449826_9f8d844fee_z.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that the railings on the building is like a music staff complete with notes. Well, there was a family walking in front of me and the one little boy was reading the rhythms of the notes using "Ta" and "Ti Ti." The music education part of my heart was swelling with joy.

After I finished eating, I called home and opened my mystery bag. Don't worry, I'll show what was inside later.

Hollywood Studios did not disappoint and the tiredness I was feeling proved it.

Up next: EPCOT DAY!!!

Last edited:
wow, pretty big afternoon for shows. I loved the Frozen sing along ... though, like you I had never heard of this little niche film. Nice of Disney to not only focus on their hits ;) I loved the narrators and I loved that there were definitely jokes includes that were aimed more at the adults than kids. Though, as a dad I also loved watching about 1,000 kids (~87.35% of them in Esla costumes) singing their little hearts out

I enjoyed the BatB show more than I thought I would. Maybe not my favorite show at WDW but definitely fun and well done.

Love Fantasmic! So much Disney feels - especially the Steamboat Willie part

20653491762_5967f30895.jpg

I love this picture!!!

That is seriously a great shot!

I love the video you made for your sister (although I was kinda wondering at the beginning who these people were ... they didn't look like you, but I thought maybe they were friends or something). Yay for going back to Disney!

Beauty and the Beast is one of those things I still haven't done ... which is strange, because it's one of my favorite movies. I loved seeing all of your pictures ... they made me really want to see it! (Hopefully some day...)

OMG Fantasmic ... it really is the perfect way to end the night!!

NOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted to know what was in the mystery bag. I had never heard of them. If I saw them I must have overlooked them. I'm so going to get one or two when I go on my up and coming vacation. giggles.
Loved reading this. Super special to be reminded of the little things. Thanks! Subscribing cause I want to know!!!
I did a solo trip in February 2014 and it was so fun. DH are combing solo trip/together trip our next vacation because of work schedules we will over lap some time together and each get solo time. I can't wait for both. Actually all 3. He wants to see what I thought was the big deal of solo.

wow, pretty big afternoon for shows. I loved the Frozen sing along ... though, like you I had never heard of this little niche film. Nice of Disney to not only focus on their hits ;) I loved the narrators and I loved that there were definitely jokes includes that were aimed more at the adults than kids. Though, as a dad I also loved watching about 1,000 kids (~87.35% of them in Esla costumes) singing their little hearts out

I enjoyed the BatB show more than I thought I would. Maybe not my favorite show at WDW but definitely fun and well done.

Love Fantasmic! So much Disney feels - especially the Steamboat Willie part

That is seriously a great shot!

I completely agree about seeing the kids during the Frozen sing-along. Plus all the little motions they did to go along with the songs made it extra cute!

Thanks! That Fantasmic! picture is probably one of my favorites that I got on this trip.

I love the video you made for your sister (although I was kinda wondering at the beginning who these people were ... they didn't look like you, but I thought maybe they were friends or something). Yay for going back to Disney!

Beauty and the Beast is one of those things I still haven't done ... which is strange, because it's one of my favorite movies. I loved seeing all of your pictures ... they made me really want to see it! (Hopefully some day...)

OMG Fantasmic ... it really is the perfect way to end the night!!

Yay! My goal was to super misleading in the beginning of the video. I am so excited for this next trip!

Sarah, if you love the movie as much as I do, seeing the stage show is a must. It is essentially a super cut of the movie but it still tugs at all the right heart strings.

I will never get tired of seeing Fantasmic and I'm even more excited for it this coming trip. Why? It will be the first time my sister will be seeing it.

NOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted to know what was in the mystery bag. I had never heard of them. If I saw them I must have overlooked them. I'm so going to get one or two when I go on my up and coming vacation. giggles.
Loved reading this. Super special to be reminded of the little things. Thanks! Subscribing cause I want to know!!!
I did a solo trip in February 2014 and it was so fun. DH are combing solo trip/together trip our next vacation because of work schedules we will over lap some time together and each get solo time. I can't wait for both. Actually all 3. He wants to see what I thought was the big deal of solo.

Well you won't have to wait too long to see what was in the mystery grab bag. I'll be posting a souvenir post for the first days right after this.

I highly recommend going and checking out Fun Finds at Downtown Disney. They have quite a bit of cute items that have been reduced in price plus there are the grab bags!

Ha! I love that you got your husband intrigued about solo trips!

Wha'dja get?! - Part 1

Here is a quick run down of the souvenirs I got during the first couple days of my trip.

On my arrival day you will remember that I bought one of the mystery grab bags at Downtown Disney.

20474758488_6f354e61bb.jpg

And here is what was tucked inside!

20636492446_b806cbc0e0.jpg

It honestly took me till I got home to figure out what this was supposed to be. Any ideas? I'll post the answer at the end.

20474753300_ea401c469c.jpg

Hi Bufford!

20669464441_595c0ef47c.jpg

Oh, there you are Perry!

I was thinking there was going to be a little bit more in the bag but that's okay. I think I paid around $11 for the whole bag so for what was in it, the mystery grab bags are a good deal in my book.

At Hollywood Studios, I caught the mystery bug again. While I was waiting out the rain, there was a pin stand near by. So I took refuge and looked at some pins.

I'll start with the non-mystery ones first.

20662769855_bace6e2e81.jpg

I saw this one and had to buy it for my sister! She adores the Cheshire Cat and loves a good steampunk piece.

20669446341_c7f8817d0a.jpg

I mean, seriously! How cute are these!

20474759320_efaeb7f467.jpg

20474756750_9d9d7e10f1.jpg

Two princesses from my top 5 list? Okay!!! :thumbsup2

20662750445_c39c54592f.jpg

20476033729_961c7dfd3b.jpg

I obviously get Duffy but I'm not sure what CM the other one is supposed to represent? This one I definitely need help with figuring out. Either way, I'll probably be trading these.

20476027559_14c8efa891.jpg

This pack had 5 different pins of Disney couples!

20041798943_e80f0494bb_z.jpg

20040187604_61ea42bdd7_z.jpg

My luck with pins this round was amazing! I was figuring I would barely want to keep any of the mystery pins but except for the two hidden mickey ones, I have more pins to add to the family. I couldn't be happier!

The other souvenir I got for the day already made an appearance in the TR. Remember the pink Mickey Mouse hat? That rounds out the souvenirs for now.

Wait, what? You want the answer for the vinylmation mystery? Okay. Does it perhaps remind you of Backlot Tour? Yep, that's it! I'm proud of you if you got it!

I'll try to post another update later but for now Flikr is being a pain in the side so I can't get to my pics.

Ok, I swear I thought backlot tour before reading the answer - the left (my right) ear reminded me of the cars and the black lines on the chest made me think of the Earful Tower - might be a collector item now that the attraction is closed

Not into pin collecting but the steampunk Cheshire Cat is really cool and also love the couples ones

Well you won't have to wait too long to see what was in the mystery grab bag. I'll be posting a souvenir post for the first days right after this.

I highly recommend going and checking out Fun Finds at Downtown Disney. They have quite a bit of cute items that have been reduced in price plus there are the grab bags!

Ha! I love that you got your husband intrigued about solo trips!

LOL on the mystery bag. I had no clue about the vinyl or the backlot guy. I saw a youtube video that a girl got a pink and white pokadot mini wrap for her magic band. That's a cool get. We'll see what I get cause I'm gonna try. LOL And of course I'll be shopping there.
I just ordered a Daisy Duck from JCPenny. I was ordering some shorts for my next trip as this summer I didn't have time to shop. Anyway it was one of those spend so much and get free shipping deals and I was under, so I bought Daisy. But you never know what fun find I'll get.
I'll have to tell my DH about the mystery pins. He is a pin guy. Personally I don't need anything heavy hanging on my neck. But I've convinced him to buy some really cute ones.

Thanks for the mystery bag update. I can sleep tonight now. geesh. LOL

I really love this trip report so far! You're really making me want to take a solo trip - something I've wanted to do for ages and not had the courage to do (yet)!

Ok, I swear I thought backlot tour before reading the answer - the left (my right) ear reminded me of the cars and the black lines on the chest made me think of the Earful Tower - might be a collector item now that the attraction is closed

Not into pin collecting but the steampunk Cheshire Cat is really cool and also love the couples ones

The couples ones are probably my favorites from that day.

LOL on the mystery bag. I had no clue about the vinyl or the backlot guy. I saw a youtube video that a girl got a pink and white pokadot mini wrap for her magic band. That's a cool get. We'll see what I get cause I'm gonna try. LOL And of course I'll be shopping there.
I just ordered a Daisy Duck from JCPenny. I was ordering some shorts for my next trip as this summer I didn't have time to shop. Anyway it was one of those spend so much and get free shipping deals and I was under, so I bought Daisy. But you never know what fun find I'll get.
I'll have to tell my DH about the mystery pins. He is a pin guy. Personally I don't need anything heavy hanging on my neck. But I've convinced him to buy some really cute ones.

Thanks for the mystery bag update. I can sleep tonight now. geesh. LOL

I'm glad I could relieve the stress of not knowing what was in the mystery bag. :thumbsup2 Just warn your husband that mystery pins can become slightly addicting. I may or may not have gotten even more mystery pin sets later on.

I really love this trip report so far! You're really making me want to take a solo trip - something I've wanted to do for ages and not had the courage to do (yet)!

Do it! Do it! Do it!
I really did enjoy my solo trip and you shouldn't worry about feeling lonely or anything while you're there.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying this report so far. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter