I cant watch?...without tearing up.

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mieshie75, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mieshie75

mieshie75 Mouseketeer

My ds5 is home from school sick. My oldest dd 22 and I decided to watch YouTube disney videos we started with fantasmic well I made it ten minutes and started tearing up. Am I just a softie or is this common occurance with us disney nuts? What makes you instant tear?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disluhypno

disluhypno Brandon

Watching Disney videos on YouTube make me tear up sometimes, but in a good way! I love watching them because it helps me feel the good feelings of the park without me physically being there. Although I love the parks, and can't wait to get back, I don't necessarily have to be there to feel the good feelings that it brings.

Just a few days ago I was watching Disney engagements and anniversary videos, which are definitely worth a look if you're a romantic at heart. I also like the walkthrough videos, when I have time to watch them.

4. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

I think the ones that make me tear up the most is the "first time" videos: the first time a baby takes their steps, someone's first visit, someone's first time meeting their hero, etc. Those will always get me going and Wishes fireworks show because it was my very first show I had seen when I went on my first Disney trip almost seven yrs ago!pixiedust:

5. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Ughh...those are killer. I :sad: but I still watch them.

6. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

MK's opening ceremony gets me everytime... I don't cry when I'm actually there but when I watch it on Youtube I'm a blubbering fool.

7. wdwfreak

wdwfreak Mouseketeer

I always tear up when I watch the old "Magic Happens" commercials. The guy finding his kid's Pooh bear in his bag while on a business trip. The "goodnight Walt" one. The man proposing to his girlfriend with a glass slipper. Etc... never fails.

8. mieshie75

mieshie75 Mouseketeer

I know I tear up when I am there watching but now I do it just watching it on t. V. Goodness I am getting soft.

9. DisNikki

DisNikki Mouseketeer

I'm a blubbering fool while I'm there :)

I also tear up at the "Surprise! We're going to Disney!" videos.

10. disneemama

disneemama Mouseketeer

Always when I watch my DD's wedding video,(@Disney) all Disney commercials, songs from the parks. I was just watching a slide show I made from my 6 mo.old Granddaughters first trip in Dec, I added Disney music and I cry every time I watch it. We Disney addicts are such softies.:grouphug:

11. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

The "Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight" part of the Wishes fireworks makes me teary eyed.

12. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I can't not cry at Wishes. As soon as the girl starts singing...I'm all :sad:
    And IllumiNations...:sad:
    And the Magical Express video...:sad:

I'm a big sap.

13. lpizzuro123

lpizzuro123 DIS Veteran

Funny you mentioning this today. I have been listening to Fantasmic on my iPhone all morning and it has been making me tear up. Just listening to it I can picture all the different scenes - expecially when Tinkerbelle shows up.

Linda

14. cheer25mom

cheer25mom DIS Veteran

Definitely wishes for me. I get goosebumps when I remember standing in the hub with my just turned 5 year old and seeing it for the first time. I think I spent more time watching her little face than the fireworks. It is a priceless memory.

15. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

I can't even watch the vacation planning DVD!

16. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Illuminations

When the handlers bring out Hope, the American Bald Eagle, at Flights of Wonder and the audience literally gasps and then applauds our efforts to save the species from extinction

Any time I hear "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan. Nothing connects me to my now full grown son like that song

"A Girl Like You" by Off Kilter since it reminds me so much of our granddaughter

"Golden Dreams" at the American Adventure

17. LaurenT

LaurenT DIS Veteran

Captain EO (but I don't think it's the kind of tearing up you were looking for)

18. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Oh god, like, everything!!

I can't make it past the end of Fantasmic without dying, when Mickey pops up on the top of the mountain and is controlling all the fireworks, AH! I just can't! I can't even listen to the music without getting emotional.

FOTLK is the other one, I die in the finale, it seriously kills me, kills me!! Lol

19. thinktink87

thinktink87 Earning My Ears

I cry even at disney world commercials. It's a joke.

I'm 25, a few years ago went to disney with bf and friends. Bf caught me walking behind them a a distance crying during wishes. I will never be able to live this down...

20. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

I've cried at Disney commercials. Some of them are just so well done - they really pull at the heart strings.

21. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Wishes, Illuminations, the Christmas Parade, and just flat out looking at the castle the first time I'm there.