• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't wait any longer! ~UPDATE 5/25 I'm back!

Wooo! Busy week is right! But it sounds like you've got a lot of fun in there so that's great.
So close to your trip, man... why didn't I plan a spring trip??
YAY for Magic Bands! I wish they shipped to Canada. I don't get mine until I'm at the check in desk.
This week has been pure craziness! I'm SO happy to be in the final stretch before I can take a break on Sunday! :thumbsup2

I wish you had planned a spring trip too!!! ::yes::

Hi, Tracy!
I just read your entire PTR in one sitting :) I'm so excited your trip is almost here now that I've read all the planning info!! I LOVE that you work in a Library--I'm a teacher but I just LOVE books and can never get enough of the booky smell you get walking into a library or book store. Speaking of which I cannot agree more with you on your love of all smells, Disney! My husband never understands what I mean about how the water smells on IASW and Pirates! Glad to know I'm not crazy...entirely!:rotfl:
Can't wait to read more as you prepare to leave for WDW!! :mickeyjum

I am so far behind, I'm so sorry! I haven't forgotten my soul sister, though! I'll be better going forward... at least for the next TWO WEEKS until your trip, omg omg omg! :cutie:

Getting closer for you too!
I know!!! It's so hard to believe!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

And you're even closer!!! :jumping1:

Hi, Tracy!
I just read your entire PTR in one sitting :) I'm so excited your trip is almost here now that I've read all the planning info!! I LOVE that you work in a Library--I'm a teacher but I just LOVE books and can never get enough of the booky smell you get walking into a library or book store. Speaking of which I cannot agree more with you on your love of all smells, Disney! My husband never understands what I mean about how the water smells on IASW and Pirates! Glad to know I'm not crazy...entirely!:rotfl:
Can't wait to read more as you prepare to leave for WDW!! :mickeyjum
Wow!!! Congrats for that... or, I'm sorry? :laughing: Hopefully you found it entertaining at least! :goodvibes So happy to have you here!!!

YES!!! I know exactly what you mean about the booky smell - I'm obsessed! I really am quite positive I've landed in a perfect job for me :goodvibes SO glad you understand my obsession with the smell of Disney water!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am so far behind, I'm so sorry! I haven't forgotten my soul sister, though! I'll be better going forward... at least for the next TWO WEEKS until your trip, omg omg omg! :cutie:
Don't worry, Billie! This past week for me has been pure madness so I totally understand! I know, I just can't believe how close my trip is... and how much I still have left to do! :rotfl:

I'll be heading over to your reports soon to catch up as well! :thumbsup2

Hello again my friends! :wave:
In case you forgot… I’m Tracy… and I am finally on the other side of a crazy busy week.
Many positives came out of the week though:

1. My knee is feeling a little better – I ran about 3 miles today and didn’t want to saw off the lower half of my leg because I thought that’d actually make it feel better
2. I thought I may have had a cavity (it would have been my very, very first :scared1:) but didn’t! Turns out I just have a sensitive tooth – woohoo! :woohoo:(sorry, @Gracefulskinny... :sad2: I hate to gloat in the wake of your tooth-related problems right now!!!)

3. The first time home-buyers course is going really great! I “graduate” tomorrow night! :thumbsup2

4. I had a fabulous weekend with my sister, her family, and my very best friend (and said very best friend’s baby shower was awesome!) :goodvibes

Also, after tomorrow night’s final workshop, I’m home free (this time, no pun intended) as far as being super busy until the weekend I leave for Disney! So I’m feeling a lot of relief as far as having time to actually get vacation-related stuff done. :thumbsup2

In other news… and this may be very hard to believe (it is for me still!). I may have decided to forgo a Disney trip this fall/winter. :eek: After having nearly completed the first time home-buyers course, I’m seriously considering that as a possibility. And, if I do go that route, I may very well want/need that vacation money for a downpayment. Right now, that may make the most sense for me. I’m still contemplating a trip to see my dad in November which would still get me to Disney for a day so it’s not a total loss! I’ll keep you all posted!

And now… on to the update! I’m going to take a chapter out of many of your books and do a daily update – except... since I’m a slacker, I’ve waited long enough that I’ll be doing a “2 weeks from today” post rather than “one month from today” [hangs head in shame].

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY
SUNDAY, MAY 17

I’ll be flying out of Syracuse, NY this morning at 8am! This is amazing news because typically I fly out around 6:00 or 6:30am and get to MCO much later in the day than I’d like because of layovers elsewhere (typically Philly :sad2:). But this time I was able to land (pun intended) a non-stop flight that will leave at 8:00am and arrive to MCO at 10:45am!!! This is amazing!!!
My flight back home is another story… (and I'll save that for, well, another story).

So I’ll arrive to Orlando before 11 (hopefully!), hop on this lovely thing:

100_2287.JPG

and see this thing of beauty shortly thereafter:
(excuse the horrendous picture)

100_2288.JPG

I’m not anticipating that my room at Pop will be ready but I’ll at least drop off my things before heading off asap to here:

100_2309.JPG
100_2317.JPG

I didn’t make my FP+ times until later that evening for two reasons:

1. I want to get as much of F&G in as possible immediately upon my arrival since this day is the final day of the festival

2. This will make any travel-related delays a little less stressful

That said, my FP+ reservations are:

5:15-6:15pm Spaceship Earth

6:50-7:50pm The Seas with Nemo & Friends

8:00-9:00pm Soarin’
(this is my first of three Soarin FPs… looking at you Jen! @Nermel9)

After strolling through the F&G booths and using up my FP+s,
it’ll be about time for Epcot to close (9pm).
I’m going to forego Illuminations this night to hightail it over to MK since it’s open until 12am! Here, I’m hoping to do whatever strikes my fancy at the time. My only major goal of the evening is to try to meet up with @Dugette! I may also try to hit up Main Street Electrical Parade (9pm and 11pm), Celebrate the Magic (9:45pm and 10:35pm), and/or Wishes (10pm) depending on what I feel like.

:lovestruc I cannot believe my trip is 2 weeks away!!! :lovestruc

Hello again my friends! :wave:

Hi Tracy! :wave2:

1. My knee is feeling a little better – I ran about 3 miles today and didn’t want to saw off the lower half of my leg because I thought that’d actually make it feel better

That's good, because all that sawing might hurt your elbow.

Turns out I just have a sensitive tooth – woohoo!

No cavities??? EVER?!?!? :faint:

I “graduate” tomorrow night!

Of course. Atta girl.

I had a fabulous weekend

Great!

Also, after tomorrow night’s final workshop, I’m home free (this time, no pun intended)

Uh, huh.

In other news… and this may be very hard to believe (it is for me still!). I may have decided to forgo a Disney trip this fall/winter. :eek: After having nearly completed the first time home-buyers course, I’m seriously considering that as a possibility. And, if I do go that route, I may very well want/need that vacation money for a downpayment.

I believe you. Buying a house is not cheap!
I know.

But this time I was able to land (pun intended) a non-stop flight

<groan> :sad2:

this is my first of three Soarin FPs

:laughing:

My only major goal of the evening is to try to meet up with @Dugette!

Lucky you! :)

Love your plan for arrival day....though I wouldn't have the energy for two parks that day lol...but sounds amazing!!! Also...home buying is SO exciting!!! Way to go!

Glad you made it through your week!

Your daily plan looks good! How exciting that you're getting so close!!

YAAAY! My soul sister is back! :hug:

I can't believe your trip is only 2 weeks away now, omg omg omg! :hyper:

Your first day plans look AMAZEBALLS! I love them! Smart thinking on the later FPs, too! :thumbsup2

I've got a few updates on my DR yet before I get to my day at the F&G outdoor kitchens, but it should definitely be up before you leave! ::yes::

Hi Tracy! :wave2:
Ahhh, gets me every time. :laughing:

That's good, because all that sawing might hurt your elbow.
Yikes, good point. Okay, let's hope this knee problem continues to get better. I'd hate to add an elbow problem on top of it... :rolleyes1

No cavities??? EVER?!?!? :faint:
I know! It's crazy but true: this girl has never had a cavity! The thought of it terrifies me so I'm one lucky girl!

Love your plan for arrival day....though I wouldn't have the energy for two parks that day lol...but sounds amazing!!! Also...home buying is SO exciting!!! Way to go!
:laughing: I know, I tend to morph into "crazy Disney Tracy" whilst at the parks and my off switch just can't be found until the last day... then I get all sad and depressed and it's the first time I wind down all trip. We'll see if this trip follows that trend. :rotfl:

Thanks! The idea of buying a house is both exciting and terrifying! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it through your week!

Your daily plan looks good! How exciting that you're getting so close!!
Thank you! I'm so happy to have the week behind me. Now it can be all about Disney planning! :thumbsup2

YAAAY! My soul sister is back! :hug:

I can't believe your trip is only 2 weeks away now, omg omg omg! :hyper:

Your first day plans look AMAZEBALLS! I love them! Smart thinking on the later FPs, too! :thumbsup2

I've got a few updates on my DR yet before I get to my day at the F&G outdoor kitchens, but it should definitely be up before you leave! ::yes::

That's right, Billie, I'm back! :laughing:

I know, it's crazy. I don't know where the last month went but I'm NOT complaining!

Yay! Can't wait to read about your F&G update! I'm getting so excited about noshing my way around the world :thumbsup2

Arrival day plans sound awesome :)

Hopefully you don't run into any trip delays!!!

Yay 2 weeks!!!

:dogdance:
2. I thought I may have had a cavity (it would have been my very, very first :scared1:) but didn’t! Turns out I just have a sensitive tooth – woohoo! :woohoo:(sorry, @Gracefulskinny... :sad2: I hate to gloat in the wake of your tooth-related problems right now!!!)
:thumbsup2 Most impressive that you have never had cavities ever! So glad you don't have to deal with a tooth issue right before a trip. Gloat away. I totally would be if I had gotten news like yours! ::yes:::banana:
3. The first time home-buyers course is going really great! I “graduate” tomorrow night! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2
4. I had a fabulous weekend with my sister, her family, and my very best friend (and said very best friend’s baby shower was awesome!) :goodvibes
:cheer2:

I may have decided to forgo a Disney trip this fall/winter. :eek: After having nearly completed the first time home-buyers course, I’m seriously considering that as a possibility. And, if I do go that route, I may very well want/need that vacation money for a downpayment. Right now, that may make the most sense for me. I’m still contemplating a trip to see my dad in November which would still get me to Disney for a day so it’s not a total loss! I’ll keep you all posted!
Sometimes making responsible adult decisions stinks doesn't it?
except... since I’m a slacker, I’ve waited long enough that I’ll be doing a “2 weeks from today” post rather than “one month from today” [hangs head in shame].
If you go back and look you will notice my final plans posts started at about the 2-3 week mark. You aren't a slacker.
TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY
SUNDAY, MAY 17
Still kinda a bummer that we miss each other's arrival by a smidge. ::yes::
I was able to land (pun intended) a non-stop flight that will leave at 8:00am and arrive to MCO at 10:45am!!!
:jumping1: Nice!
I didn’t make my FP+ times until later that evening for two reasons:

1. I want to get as much of F&G in as possible immediately upon my arrival since this day is the final day of the festival

2. This will make any travel-related delays a little less stressful
Smart Thinking! :thumbsup2

My only major goal of the evening is to try to meet up with @Dugette!
Yay for Dismeets! :cheer2:

Joining in. I really enjoyed reading your PTR. :-) I hope you have a wonderful time! We are going to just catch the flower and Garden Festival too. In all my years of going to Disney I have never been. I am very excited to see all the topiaries! :yay:

OMG....you've got two weeks to go! Not that I'm jealous or anything. :)
I love your first day plans and have great respect for your " touring style". I would be all about doing as much as I could the first day out of the gate! Awesome that you get into MCO early enough to make it a day :dance3:

Arrival day plans sound awesome :)
Hopefully you don't run into any trip delays!!!
Yay 2 weeks!!!
Thank you!!! I just can't even believe I'm now into the "less than 2 weeks" range... unbelievable! But I'm SO not complaining! :laughing:

It has to be on top of it.
Unless you're anatomically incorrect and your elbow is located below your knee.
Not judging.
All posted pictures of myself thus far have been very strategically, um, managed.

:thumbsup2 Most impressive that you have never had cavities ever! So glad you don't have to deal with a tooth issue right before a trip. Gloat away. I totally would be if I had gotten news like yours! ::yes:::banana:
It's got to be a near miracle to be 32 and cavity-free. For that, I am MOST grateful!

Sometimes making responsible adult decisions stinks doesn't it?
YES!!! :sad2:

If you go back and look you will notice my final plans posts started at about the 2-3 week mark. You aren't a slacker.
Oh, good. Phew! :thumbsup2

Still kinda a bummer that we miss each other's arrival by a smidge. ::yes::
I know! Ever since I started reading your PTR I have thought the same thing. Bummer indeed.
Yay for Dismeets! :cheer2:
:banana::banana::banana:

Joining in. I really enjoyed reading your PTR. :-) I hope you have a wonderful time! We are going to just catch the flower and Garden Festival too. In all my years of going to Disney I have never been. I am very excited to see all the topiaries! :yay:
:welcome: So happy to have you along! Thanks so much - it's been so much fun writing it! :goodvibes You will LOVE F&G! The last time I was there for it was back in 2006 :scared1: but I loved every second and cannot wait to get back. Will you be there on May 17? If so and you spot me, please stop and say hi!!! ::yes:: Or at any other point our trips overlap of course!

OMG....you've got two weeks to go! Not that I'm jealous or anything. :)
I love your first day plans and have great respect for your " touring style". I would be all about doing as much as I could the first day out of the gate! Awesome that you get into MCO early enough to make it a day :dance3:
Thank you!!! Ya know the phrase "Shop til you drop"? That's my motto at Disney - "Disney til you drop!!!" And that's one of the beauties of solo tripping, I have no one to upset by being a crazed Disney park-goer! :rotfl:

Yay! Congrats for making it through your crazy week! So excited for you...so close to the trip! Woohoo!

Your arrival day looks AMAZING!

Woo hoo!! Two weeks to go :) That is so very exciting! I love a direct flight to Disney--no layovers for this girl! :crazy2:

Sounds like your first day will be perfect! I love that you were able to get Soarin' FP+s for three different occasions. Soarin' is one of my favorites, too!! I am really looking forward to seeing what it's like when they finish the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter