• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't wait any longer! ~UPDATE 5/25 I'm back!

Good Morning! So, now I feel obligated to share that was born and raised in the Florida Keys so I have definitely met my share of Parrotheads. I can't say I'm a big fan and I do blame it on the fact I probably heard his songs constantly when growing up! :( However, I am happy for you and hope you have a blast.

I might need to use these wristbands so I can ride EE with the Hubs! If not I will definitely look like this! :sick:

Absolutely! What are friends for, right?! :goodvibes I'll be giving a thorough review of them in my upcoming TR but in the meantime, I ordered the "Sea-band nausea relief acupuncture wrist band" online at good ole Walmart. I do understand your aunt's fear about getting knocked out by using other remedies - I can't take Dramamine for that same reason, even the non-drowsy kind just about does me in. :sad2: Hopefully the band will work for me... I can give a good review... and your aunt can use one come December! :thumbsup2
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it works for you! Let me know about the Bonine, too. I keep seeing the commercials saying that it's not as drowsy. I don't know if I could convince her to take it or not, but if it works well for you, I can at least try! :cutie:

Yay for your meds being ordered...I sure hope they help so that you can ride TOT. And I love the pictures from the Jimmy Buffet concert. I've never seen him, but I do enjoy his music.

Big Parrotheads here in Ohio. It takes him a few days on a train from here :sunny:. We are trying our first Zac Brown Band concert next month as Jimmy introduces us all to his music. Hope the tailgating is just as fun as Jimmys.

:thumbsup2 good luck!!!

Thank you!!! I will take all the remedies AND luck I can get my hands on! :laughing:

Well hello there yourself!! :wave:

That IS great news. Sadly something I will never experience. Curse there lack of Canadia shipping. I do get "your bands are waiting for you" so almost as good. Although said another way, not even close to being as good.

It's too bad you couldn't make a quick jouney over to Universal City Walk for Margaritaville. Sounds like it would be your thing.

I have complete faith this will happen. Mind and wristbands over matter. :goodvibes

Right?! Great news, indeed. I was so excited when I got home tonight - I had taken the day off of work to spend an extended weekend with my nephew and niece. There was a small [MagicBand-sized] package waiting at my door upon arrival home. I excitedly bent down only to discover it was something boring and non-Disney related. :sad2: Oh, well. I thought that was pretty darn fast to be my MagicBand anyway so I'll look forward to that excitement a little later I guess! Darn it for no shipping to Canadia! :sad:

I know! I'd love to hit up another Margaritaville! The only one I've been to is the one in Key West. Someday I'll make it back to Universal though! :thumbsup2 And you're right, Margaritaville would totally be my thing! I used to have a "University of Margaritaville" bumper sticker on my car (many moons ago) but I got paranoid people wouldn't get the reference and think I was some drunk. :laughing:

I agree, Rob. Mind, wristbands, [and MagicBands!] over matter! ;)

:jumping1:

MAGIC BANDS!!! Hooray!

I hope the Bonine and acupressure bands work well for you - I feel like a Disney vacation isn't complete without at least one (sickness-free) ride on the Tower of Terror! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! I agree - a ToT ride is just an absolute must this trip!!! :thumbsup2

Re:Anti-nausea

Being Canadian we don't have Bonine (sp?) is it something that can be bought over the counter in Orlando? I'm used to popping pills that make me drowsy and/or loopy, because I insist on riding everything. But I'm always open to new approaches, the band sounds interesting, but I'll wait for your TR on that one.

Hmm... I'm not sure. I checked a couple drug stores prior to ordering it online and was met with disappointment. However, I probably could have tried harder and didn't so it's quite possible that you'd be able to find it once in Orlando. Ugh, I hear ya there! I hate the side effects of the stuff I've taken in the past. I will definitely be giving a full report on the effectiveness of both the Bonine and the wristband so stay tuned! :thumbsup2

@Sailormoon2 I am Canadian too - you can buy those wristbands at Shoppers Drug Mart...I think they work somewhat. Bonine anti-drowsy is good though - and that you can only get at a US pharmacy. Gravol (that you can get in Canada) does totally knock you out though...I take it when I can't sleep in fact lol.

Thanks for helping our friend out, Kathy! :thumbsup2

YAYYYY! :woohoo:So very exciting, as is anything that makes the trip one step closer!!

Also hoping the meds and wristband do the trick!

Thank you!!! It makes it all SO much more exciting... one step closer indeed!

Thanks!!! My fingers... and toes are crossed for it too! :laughing:

Yay for your meds being ordered...I sure hope they help so that you can ride TOT. And I love the pictures from the Jimmy Buffet concert. I've never seen him, but I do enjoy his music.

Thanks, Kathy!!! For whatever reason I'm so excited to have ordered them because it really means I'm close enough to have to. :laughing:

Awww, thanks! It was so much fun. His music is really amazing. The concert on Saturday night was just great, even if I could enjoy it only from my desk. :rotfl:

Big Parrotheads here in Ohio. It takes him a few days on a train from here :sunny:. We are trying our first Zac Brown Band concert next month as Jimmy introduces us all to his music. Hope the tailgating is just as fun as Jimmys.

WOOHOO!!! I knew I liked you!!! ;) Awww, awesome reference! :thumbsup2 I saw Zac Brown a few years ago and was very happy with the tailgate situation there, too! I'm a big Zac Brown Band fan as well! :goodvibes I love Knee Deep!!!

Good Morning! So, now I feel obligated to share that was born and raised in the Florida Keys so I have definitely met my share of Parrotheads. I can't say I'm a big fan and I do blame it on the fact I probably heard his songs constantly when growing up! :( However, I am happy for you and hope you have a blast.

I might need to use these wristbands so I can ride EE with the Hubs! If not I will definitely look like this! :sick:

No way!!! I'm so glad that you shared that! Where in the Keys, if you don't mind my asking? We've also stayed in Key Largo and for a long time my sisters and I campaigned for my parents to move us to Islamorada when we were in high school. Clearly we didn't win that... :rolleyes:

I plan to give a full report of the effectiveness of both the wristband and the Bonine so stay tuned! Hopefully I can help us motion-sickness-sufferers navigate through this!

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it works for you! Let me know about the Bonine, too. I keep seeing the commercials saying that it's not as drowsy. I don't know if I could convince her to take it or not, but if it works well for you, I can at least try! :cutie:

Thanks!!! I will definitely keep you posted! I'm a little leery of the Bonine actually being "non-drowsy" but I'm willing to try anything once! (well, almost anything) :upsidedow

I lived in Tavernier (the Key right after Key Largo as you are heading South). I went to school in Islamorada at a small Christian School from the time I was 4 years old until I graduated High School. Of course I did not appreciate the unique beauty of the Keys until I went off to college and realized not everyone walked out their front door and looked out onto the ocean. I miss the water, but I don't miss the heat or the hurricanes (the storms not the drinks!). :)

Yay for shipped magic bands!!! :yay:

Hopefully those meds work well for you!! I can only ride ToT one a trip! After 2 kids, I'm just not what I used to be!! :rolleyes1:confused3

I lived in Tavernier (the Key right after Key Largo as you are heading South). I went to school in Islamorada at a small Christian School from the time I was 4 years old until I graduated High School. Of course I did not appreciate the unique beauty of the Keys until I went off to college and realized not everyone walked out their front door and looked out onto the ocean. I miss the water, but I don't miss the heat or the hurricanes (the storms not the drinks!). :)

Isn't that always the case - you don't appreciate things until later :rolleyes: I was the same way about where I went to school (hence the campaigning to move to where you were! :laughing:) Once I was older I realized how amazing it was to grow up exactly where I did. The water would surely be a thing to miss... but not the hurricanes! (the storm kind at least! ;))

Yay for shipped magic bands!!! :yay:

Hopefully those meds work well for you!! I can only ride ToT one a trip! After 2 kids, I'm just not what I used to be!! :rolleyes1:confused3

The MagicBand actually arrived today!!! I didn't expect it quite so soon. :hyper:

:laughing: Well I haven't had any kids so what's my excuse?! :rotfl:

Yay!!! For magic band arrival. I was so excited just to select the colors for mine and Keith's today. I showed him on the computer and he laughed when he saw the countdown they have on there..he asked me how many times I would change them before the countdown ended. :-)

Yay!!! For magic band arrival. I was so excited just to select the colors for mine and Keith's today. I showed him on the computer and he laughed when he saw the countdown they have on there..he asked me how many times I would change them before the countdown ended. :-)

I KNOW!!!!!!! It's so exciting!!! I went with pink - I'm sure I'll post a picture of it soon enough! :laughing: So what color are you leaning towards for now?! ;) :hyper:

Woot! I wish I could get one of those in the mail sometime.
Oh, well. Picking it up at the hotel isn't too bad.

Nope, having a MagicBand at all is pretty darn exciting, regardless of when and how! But the disadvantage of having to wait to pick it up at the hotel is that you can't walk around your home with it on... which I may or may not have done in my apartment tonight... :rolleyes1

100_2579-jpg.87820

Really?! So cool! I would love to visit England someday.

My thoughts are this: plan a smaller Disney trip than I’m used to taking (probably in the fall… possibly in January).

September 8-12, 2015

September 15-19, 2015

October 20-24, 2015

November 10-14, 2015

January 25-29, 2016

That's kind of a nice thing that you have options! Well, October would be Food and Wine :teacher: Do you anticipate going at all in 2017? I know a long ways a way. If not, i'd check out those January dates. I've been twice now in January and definitely prefer it over October (mainly cause of weather, but my did I love the F&W). Whatever you choose, i'll be there for the TR :cool1:

1) At 5:15am I received an email from Disney:
"Great news, Tracy! You're now one step closer to experiencing the Walt Disney World vacation of your dreams.
Your MagicBand package has been shipped!"
WOOHOO!!!

I love getting Disney emails and mail. It literally turns my day around!

3) I got another exciting email this morning:
"Jimmy Buffett live from Tampa at 8pm tonight! WATCH!"
I am a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan. Growing up, it was a darn requirement in my family. My mom even has a "Jimmy Buffett bar". Being anything other than a Parrothead in my family is just unacceptable. His concerts are incredible and people go completely crazy dressing up and setting up hours before the concert starts.

Okay so you may hate me for this, but I only know one Jimmy Buffett song. and you probably know what song it is :rotfl2:

That's kind of a nice thing that you have options! Well, October would be Food and Wine :teacher: Do you anticipate going at all in 2017? I know a long ways a way. If not, i'd check out those January dates. I've been twice now in January and definitely prefer it over October (mainly cause of weather, but my did I love the F&W). Whatever you choose, i'll be there for the TR :cool1:

It's definitely nice to have all these options. I really thought seriously about January because it would spread out the trips a bit but having to fly from upstate New York in the middle of January makes me very nervous for weather related delays :headache: Awww, thanks! Regardless of which I chose, I will absolutely be doing a TR :thumbsup2

I love getting Disney emails and mail. It literally turns my day around!

I know!!! I feel the same way... day changing! :goodvibes

Okay so you may hate me for this, but I only know one Jimmy Buffett song. and you probably know what song it is :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I'm guessing I have a pretty good idea! :laughing:

:rolleyes1 my sister is the same way though! I understand.

I used to be able to ride rides like ToT over and over. Guess getting older :scared:(almost 29!:lmao:) and 2 kids changed me :confused3

I used to be able to ride rides like ToT over and over. Guess getting older :scared:(almost 29!:lmao:) and 2 kids changed me :confused3
In September, I rode Space Mountain for the first time since I was 29 (I'm 34 now). I found myself screaming much more than necessary, and stumbled off of it questioning if they cranked it up and made it more intense in the last 5 years. :laughing: Turns out, I'm just getting old. Go figure! :rotfl:

:rolleyes1 my sister is the same way though! I understand.

In September, I rode Space Mountain for the first time since I was 29 (I'm 34 now). I found myself screaming much more than necessary, and stumbled off of it questioning if they cranked it up and made it more intense in the last 5 years. :laughing: Turns out, I'm just getting old. Go figure! :rotfl:

Seriously, ladies! I am the same way! Even though the motion sickness thing has always been an issue for me, over the last few years I've wondered the same thing about the intensity and the getting rattled around. At 32, I guess the body just isn't what it used to be. :rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing: :rotfl: On my last trip I remember thinking after riding Space Mountain "dang, did my head always rattle that much?!" :confused3 :laughing:

Oh it's a sad truth. The older you get the bumpier everything just feels. And sometimes...you can even feel it the next day after going on rides...like you had a strange workout using odd muscles lol. Yay for magic band arrival though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter