I Can't Wait Any Longer, Starting My DxDP Pretrip Report April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess this PFR is at a stand still. I'm not exactly sure what else to put into a pre food report. But only 16 more days(not including today).

Now that the Wishes Dessert Party is coming back, I'm debating on whether or not to book it and if I will even have any room left for all those desserts! :laughing: I guess I have until the 28th to decide. Any opinions on the party? I've heard the viewing is good but everyone rushes to the rail to watch and that seems kind of inconvenient.

Also, I tried to post this on the main dining forum...does anyone have suggestions as to where to get the best Ahi Tuna? I've never tried ahi tuna anywhere before so any help would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

I thought about the dessert party- but ultimately I think it will be waaaay to much dessert for us after 2 snacks and 2 desserts already/day.

And, it's hard for us to fit in- I wanted to go Tues the 13th, but Wishes is at 9,
I'd need to make my lunch and dinner ADR's earlier, and it messes up my whole touring plan:headache:

BUT, you could easily do it after Kona on the 11th and stay for EMH :) Kona is an easy one to make a little earlier if you need to, and it's early enough in your trip that you wouldn't be sick of dessert yet. I say if it's still less than $20/pp, go for it!

I thought about the dessert party- but ultimately I think it will be waaaay to much dessert for us after 2 snacks and 2 desserts already/day.

And, it's hard for us to fit in- I wanted to go Tues the 13th, but Wishes is at 9,
I'd need to make my lunch and dinner ADR's earlier, and it messes up my whole touring plan:headache:

BUT, you could easily do it after Kona on the 11th and stay for EMH :) Kona is an easy one to make a little earlier if you need to, and it's early enough in your trip that you wouldn't be sick of dessert yet. I say if it's still less than $20/pp, go for it!

Ok so I fit the dessert party into our schedule. Exactly where you said too. We will be missing Spectromagic but it's worth it to us, in case they decide to discontinue it again. So we will be at the dessert party April 11th! Yay! Is anyone else going this night?

Subscribing!!! We (Me, DH and DD6) are from MA too (Springfield area) and we are heading down in May! We have also booked Kona breakfast, Chefs de France lunch, Cali Grill dinner, 50's Prime Time, Crystal Palace breakfast, Jiko dinner, and Biergarten lunch! Can't wait to hear your report!!! Have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

Subscribing too! We are heading down in April too.
So far we have reservations for breakfast and dinner we've been trying to leave lunches for playing it by ear. We have made reservations at:

Akershus Hall - breakfast
Tusker House - breakfast
Jiko - dinner
Chef de France - dinner
Flying Fish - dinner
Wishes Dessert Party

Today I was doing some more research and I want to also add The Wave for lunch one day. Any other suggestions for lunch?

Kona-dinner do they serve Lapu Lapu's here? If they do I am SOOO getting one!

Absolutely! If it isn't on the menu, just ask! And enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to reading your report. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Looking forward to your reviews-you'll be there in just a few short weeks!!!!

If you have the Lapu Lapu, enjoy it for me:cool1:

Subscribing too! We are heading down in April too.
So far we have reservations for breakfast and dinner we've been trying to leave lunches for playing it by ear. We have made reservations at:

Akershus Hall - breakfast
Tusker House - breakfast
Jiko - dinner
Chef de France - dinner
Flying Fish - dinner
Wishes Dessert Party

Today I was doing some more research and I want to also add The Wave for lunch one day. Any other suggestions for lunch?

Your ADR's sound good! Are you doing a food review when you get back?
As for lunches DH and I love 50's Primetime! :lovestruc Another favorite of ours is The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. We weren't able to fit it in this trip but it's very yummy!

Absolutely! If it isn't on the menu, just ask! And enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to reading your report. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Thanks for reading! I can not wait to try a lapu lapu. Sounds so good right now
. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your reviews-you'll be there in just a few short weeks!!!!

If you have the Lapu Lapu, enjoy it for me:cool1:

Yay only 14 more days! Thanks for joining in. I'll have one lapu lapu for me and then another one for you!
:lmao:

Your ADR's sound good! Are you doing a food review when you get back?
As for lunches DH and I love 50's Primetime! Another favorite of ours is The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. We weren't able to fit it in this trip but it's very yummy!

I will definitely post a food review when I get back. I also write a blog that details travel stories, reviews, etc.

Thanks for the lunch recommendations!

Jiko was my favorite restaurant when we went in Jan

I'm jealous you are only two weeks away. April is going to go by slow for me, I know it :lmao:

I got our yellow tags for ME today, that made me super happy

I will definitely post a food review when I get back. I also write a blog that details travel stories, reviews, etc.

Thanks for the lunch recommendations!

Awesome I'll be joining into yours, I love food pics! :lovestruc

Jiko was my favorite restaurant when we went in Jan

I'm jealous you are only two weeks away. April is going to go by slow for me, I know it :lmao:

I got our yellow tags for ME today, that made me super happy

Danyel, you found me! :) I've heard such good things about Jiko I can't wait to try it. What did you get there?

The next two weeks will drag by for me, and then when I get back I will be soo jealous that your trip is so close.
:rotfl:

They made us a vegan flatbread for an app
I had the shrimp curry and Dan had the salmon dish
all of it was super yummy. If I wasn't embarassed to do so, I would have licked the plate clean :)

SO tired this morning. I was up until after 1am reading dis! I got addicted to peoples food reports.

can't wait for your dining reviews!! Your trip is almost here!! :cool1::cool1::banana:

I know I can't wait! I'm already completely packed. :woohoo:

They made us a vegan flatbread for an app
I had the shrimp curry and Dan had the salmon dish
all of it was super yummy. If I wasn't embarassed to do so, I would have licked the plate clean :)

SO tired this morning. I was up until after 1am reading dis! I got addicted to peoples food reports.

The DIS is too addicting sometimes. Somedays I'm on it way too many hours!

I just found your report and you're making me hungry already with those pics. We're going in May and doing the DxDP for the first time. It's a short trip and we only have tickets for one day so we're focusing on food this trip. We're planning on eating at Jiko, Boma, House of Blues(OOP), Narcoossee's and Teppan Edo.

Looking forward to your reviews.

Subscribing!!! We (Me, DH and DD6) are from MA too (Springfield area) and we are heading down in May! We have also booked Kona breakfast, Chefs de France lunch, Cali Grill dinner, 50's Prime Time, Crystal Palace breakfast, Jiko dinner, and Biergarten lunch! Can't wait to hear your report!!! Have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

Tink713 ~ Not sure if you saw my post from last week. We are doing DxDP for the first time and I wanted to mention my other choices.

CRT Dinner
Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House
Flying Fish dinner
Akershus Princess Storybook Breakfast
Chefs de France Lunch
Rose and Crown dinner or Marrakesh dinner (still deciding)
Whispering Canyon breakfast
Jiko dinner
Grand Floridian breakfast
1900 Park Fare dinner
Sci Fi lunch
Hoop de Doo Review
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
50's Prime Time Dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Cali Grill dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Biergarten lunch or Marrakesh lunch (still deciding)

As I said before, I can't wait to read your report! Have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

I just found your report and you're making me hungry already with those pics. We're going in May and doing the DxDP for the first time. It's a short trip and we only have tickets for one day so we're focusing on food this trip. We're planning on eating at Jiko, Boma, House of Blues(OOP), Narcoossee's and Teppan Edo.

Looking forward to your reviews.

You have some good choices! Three of my favorites actually, Boma, Narcoossee's and Teppan Edo. Are you doing Boma for breakfast or dinner? Have fun on your trip!

Tink713 ~ Not sure if you saw my post from last week. We are doing DxDP for the first time and I wanted to mention my other choices.

CRT Dinner
Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House
Flying Fish dinner
Akershus Princess Storybook Breakfast
Chefs de France Lunch
Rose and Crown dinner or Marrakesh dinner (still deciding)
Whispering Canyon breakfast
Jiko dinner
Grand Floridian breakfast
1900 Park Fare dinner
Sci Fi lunch
Hoop de Doo Review
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
50's Prime Time Dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Cali Grill dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Biergarten lunch or Marrakesh lunch (still deciding)

As I said before, I can't wait to read your report! Have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

I feel so bad, I must have missed your post! :guilty: Welcome to my pre food report!

Your ADR's sound soooo good! You will love DxDp. Alot of the restaurants you're doing DH and I are thinking about doing on our next trip (Nov). Have you ever done Hoop de doo Review before? It looks so fun, this is a must try for us next time.

We're doing Boma for breakfast. We also had dinner scheduled there before we decided to go deluxe, so we sacrificed dinner there for Narcoossee's. Even with DXDP there's not enough table services if you only stay 2 nights.

I feel so bad, I must have missed your post! :guilty: Welcome to my pre food report!

Your ADR's sound soooo good! You will love DxDp. Alot of the restaurants you're doing DH and I are thinking about doing on our next trip (Nov). Have you ever done Hoop de doo Review before? It looks so fun, this is a must try for us next time.

Oh, don't feel bad! I figured you had missed my post. I just wanted to introduce myself, because we had so many similar ADR's and you and your DH seem like a lot of fun!

No, we have not done HDDR before, but we are looking forward to it, as it has been a must-do for my Aunt and her family for many years now. My DD has a cowgirl outfit (cowgirl hat, pink cowgirl boots and a denim skirt with pink bandanna trim) that my parents bought her from TX. We plan to dress her up in that, and I hope she gets to take part in the show! I'll let you know how it goes!

I am really hoping that your Cali Grill dinner is better this time around. I am sacrificing one of the many World Showcase meals that I have been wanting to do in order to go there. I hope it is worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!