I can't stop changing my resort reservations!

allstonsmommy

Mouseketeer
As usual, I keep over thinking this decision. We are a military family so what rooms are available at military rates definitely plays a huge role. We originally wanted POR but there was not a discount for the AB rooms that we wanted. I booked a royal room since that's what they had. Then I switched to a 1 bedroom villa at AK... then finally I switched to a standard room at CR with a MK view. I am now second guessing (or third, forth, fifth guessing) myself for this. I feel like I go through this with every Disney vacation we take. Will the CR be too, well, contemporary? We are a family of 5 consisting of myself, DH, DS6, and 2 DS 2's.

I think most of us go through this at one time or another ;). We've never stayed at the CR as the theme doesn't really appeal to us; however, after researching it more and looking at pics, we are considering the CR for a December 2013 stay. Staying on the monorail is great (we've stayed at the Poly and GF) and even though the CR theming isn't what I like compared to other resorts, I do eventually want to try it. Good luck deciding, but I think you'd have a great time at the CR, especially being so close to MK with the ages of your little ones :goodvibes.

Being on the monorail is exactly why I changed from AKL. We drive so we will have our car there but the convenience of being able to walk to the MK sounds great!

Being on the monorail is exactly why I changed from AKL. We drive so we will have our car there but the convenience of being able to walk to the MK sounds great!

Are your boys likely to be more excited by seeing giraffes and zebras everyday or by seeing Magic Kingdom from their window?

Also, which theme park(s) will you spend the most time at? If Magic Kingdom, the shorter travel back to your resort might be a very good thing, especially with two toddlers.

I am always changing my reservations :blush: We have not stayed at CR so I can't give advice other than it's a monorail resort and that is such a huge advantage. We stayed at GF last trip and loved the convenience of the monorail. I love the theme of AK, but taking a bus everywhere does not make for an enjoyable vacation for my impatient family. We have been spoiled by the monorail!

Feel free to join us on the Resort Changers thread if you feel the need to talk it out with a great group of peeps!!! :goodvibes

I noticed our families are very similar ;). We also have a DD (6) and twin 2 year old boys! We are staying at POR, but I, too have second guessed this many times and have considered AofA suites, CR, AKL.... ;)

I have always wanted to stay at a monorail resort. My fav out of the three is the POLY, but I hear CR has the best MK view around.

I would go with CR. Having the monorail and boat to the other resorts and MK/EPCOT (through TTC) would be very helpful. :)

Have a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter