I Can't Do That! I'd Be Too EmBEARassed! A Nov 2015 TR New PTR link 10/13!

Hey Can-Can Girl! I'm so far behind but am caught up now. I smiled the entire way through the post about Hoop Dee Doo Revue! Loved that you were chosen to participate in the show.

Sorry to hear that Pluto wasn't all that great during his meet-and-greet but in all honesty, I don't know if you coulda topped your earlier visit with Pluto. That one was AMAZING!

Hello, I've really enjoyed your report. I'm new to the boards and have enjoyed all the different pictures. My family enjoyed our second WDW trip in Oct 15.

I really enjoyed the report as you seemed to have such fun as a solo visitor. I'm in Orlando for a conference at the end of February and my DW convinced me to take a couple days and do a solo visit. It'll be my first solo trip since the end of college. But the why you show it I know I'll have a blast. Thanks.

As I headed into America I saw that a group called America Music Machine was about to start in the America Gardens Theater. I had no idea who they were but I figured if I hated them I could get up and leave. It turns out they are an a cappella group which is something I really enjoy. They were very good and sang mostly contemporary songs.

I haven't heard about this group before reading your report. We'll have to make sure we see them when we are there next month. Even though we have been to WDW many times we still manage to discover new things to do and see after reading trip reports. :)

Your morning with the Dis friends sounds like fun. I love the red shirts - poor Mo.

That was just the best thing ever - riding TT with everyone!!!! I had so much fun meeting up with all of you... I still wish we could have spent more time together. But - I am happy that we were able to enjoy the time we could.

Sorry that Pluto was a dud - but I have to say - your entire outfit (bag included) just photographed very nicely - the red truly pops off of the background and Pluto here. I love how it turned out!

Your food looks delicious... I am missing Disney food in a bad way right now... I dunno why? Because at the end of trips I am always so sick of it. LOL

I love seeing Voices of Liberty - one of my favorites! Glad you were able to enjoy them too! :lovestruc

D~

TT was a blast! I had so much fun with you guys.

Yeah, Pluto was a dud but I do really love those photos.

I always miss Disney food!

I love that Test Track picture! It is funny that you all except for Mo wore red that day.

That sucks that this Pluto meet was a dud.

I've always wanted to try the fish and chips but my sisters don't eat fish and they didn't like anything else on that menu.

I really wanted to see the voices of Liberty this past trip but I didn't get to unfortunately.

I feel bad that Mo didn't get the red memo that day.

Pluto wasn't the best but at least the photos turned out nice.

I don't think they serve anything but fish and chips there, pretty limited.

No i did not... I still do...

I guess we need to work some more on our mental telepathy!

Likely excuse.. Did D~ pay you to say that???

Nope, I can't be bought! Except maybe for chocolate.

ZACK!!! That little RAT!!! I couldn't BELIEVE he got me! That's what I get for trusting MY OWN SON!!!
Rotten little kids....

Still laughing......

Did we do the Agent P thing here?? or was it another day? I haven't looked at my pictures that far out yet.

Nope at least not when I was with you. I know you were headed to do it on Wednesday but no idea if you did a mission after we split up on this day.

NO! The food was messing with everyone's stomach!
I will say i really wanted some of that fish and chips!!! YUM YUM!

Disney food always messes with my stomach but I still have to eat it!

We saw them too.. AMAZING!! Such talent!!!

Yes, they were awesome! I'm hoping to see them again next week.

UGH. Still kicking myself that we didn't take a picture!! I actually thought about it at first, but didn't want to seem like a crazy DIS celebrity stalker!! Now I am SO bummed! Let's go back so we can have a do-over, k? :rainbow:

We saw that a capella group, too! They were SO awesome!! Somehow still didn't get Mom in to see Voices of Liberty. UGh. Good thing we're going again :) :-)

I know, how did we forget that! And no, you are not a stalker, you are a friend! Oh, do-over trip sounds like fun!

Yep, make sure to put Voices of Liberty on your list!

Great selfie!

Love the car Meg designed for you guys :)

Sorry Pluto wasn't as fun today. Nice pics at least.

Sounds like a fun time wandering around World Showcase!

Thanks, D is the master of selfies!

I definitely loved the pictures from that meet even though Pluto wasn't much fun.

What a great day!!

You should of tried the Victoria sandwich with jam as it's a yummy vanilla/white/plain cake with jelly (normally strawberry) in the middle, it's the cake I bake the most at home although I add buttercream to the middle :)

The singers all sound great, I really must get better at stopping and watching things.

I know I wouldn't have liked the Victoria cake. I do not like jam at all in any flavor! But I'm sure it was yummy for someone who likes jam.

Both groups were wonderful and it's nice to slow down around WS once in a while.

I think these are my 3 favorite pictures of the day!!

I love that Zack tricked Mo in trying the Beverley again! LOL That's something I could see my nephew or brother doing.

I'm sorry Pluto was such a dud :( It suck when that happens & it's your favorite character. We had a couple of character meets that were like that last time too.

Mmmmm Clementines. I would have picked that over the jam filled cake as well, but I love them. That's a pretty good portion size too.

All three of those photos are pretty epic, some of the best from the trip for sure.

I need to get some rookies to go to Disney with me so I can try the Beverly trick. I've never had a chance to pull it on anyone.

Character meets are always hit or miss but at least the photos turned out great.

You'll see what I ended up doing with the Clementines in the next update.

Even though the interaction of the Pluto meet was a dud the pics are fabulous!! The Dismeet sounds like it was a blast. I just love Epcot! Can't wait to read about your DHS evening!

Yes, those pictures did turn out awesome and the DIS meet was so much fun.

I haven't heard about this group before reading your report. We'll have to make sure we see them when we are there next month. Even though we have been to WDW many times we still manage to discover new things to do and see after reading trip reports. :)

Your morning with the Dis friends sounds like fun. I love the red shirts - poor Mo.

Definitely add them to your list, the were wonderful! I'm hoping to catch them again when we go next week.

Hi...joining in....great trip report! Loved that you were picked to be the Can-Can girl.... looked like such an awesome experience and fun memory / keepsake to have :thumbsup2 It's amazing how much you can accomplish on a solo trip!

Hi thanks for joining in! It was a blast being the Can Can girl and I definitely will never forget that experience. Solo trips are awesome for getting tons of stuff done.

Hey Can-Can Girl! I'm so far behind but am caught up now. I smiled the entire way through the post about Hoop Dee Doo Revue! Loved that you were chosen to participate in the show.

Sorry to hear that Pluto wasn't all that great during his meet-and-greet but in all honesty, I don't know if you coulda topped your earlier visit with Pluto. That one was AMAZING!

No worries, I haven't even started on your new one yet! I can barely keep up with my own TR right now. I have no idea why things have been so crazy at work but I need them to slow down so I can have more DIS time!

I had so much fun doing being the Can Can girl! I actually tried to talk Jim into doing HDDR again when we go next week but he didn't want to.

Yeah, I'm not sure any Pluto meet will ever top the one from the first day.

Hello, I've really enjoyed your report. I'm new to the boards and have enjoyed all the different pictures. My family enjoyed our second WDW trip in Oct 15.

I really enjoyed the report as you seemed to have such fun as a solo visitor. I'm in Orlando for a conference at the end of February and my DW convinced me to take a couple days and do a solo visit. It'll be my first solo trip since the end of college. But the why you show it I know I'll have a blast. Thanks.

Thanks for following along and welcome to the DIS boards!

Solo trips are just awesome. There is nothing better than being able to do what you want when you want!

The Beginning of a Sad Goodbye Part 1

When I exited the International Gate I really did consider taking the boat to the Beach Club but there was a huge line so I decided my feet could make it that far. Some pictures as I walked.

When I got to the Beach Club store, I looked around a bit but didn’t see the pin I was looking for. I finally asked a CM and here they had them behind the counter. There was one of these for each resort but I really just wanted the Beach Club one and the Old Key West one. I’m sure you can guess why.

I never did make it over to OKW to pick up the one from there. They did have a very limited selection at the pin store in Disney Springs but no OKW.

I headed out and caught a boat to HS pretty quickly. The sun was starting to go down and TOT looked beautiful against the sky. I tied to capture it through the boat window but my pictures really don’t do it justice.

It was only about 4:30 when I made it to HS so I decided to stop in the photo shop and have my Can Can pictures added to MDE so I could view them. Unfortunately when the CM scanned my card, it came up blank. She and another CM spent a good half hour with me doing every search that they knew of to try to find the pictures with no luck. She finally handed me back the card and gave me a phone number to call to see if they could find them. She also told me that there had been a major outage of the PP system that day and a lot of photos had been lost. As you know already, I did get the pictures in the end but I left that night feeling sad because I thought that they were lost forever. Thank goodness Mo had been there to take pictures!

I made my way back to the Streets of America and found a seat on the curb next to Youse Guys Moichendise and directly across from where the lighting ceremony takes place. While I was sitting there, I saw Monica (tatar63) walk by. I called to her because I didn’t want to get up and lose my place but she didn’t hear me. She ended up sitting on the same side as me but a little further down.

I was also texting with Mo and they were on their way to HS but were not going to make it in time for the lighting. D, Suzi and Bradey were also headed to the park but not till a little later.

Right at 5:30 pm, Santa Goofy and the family of the night came out to start up the lights. First though they started up the Snope.

And then the lights were on!

I also took a video of the first song so I could send it to my Mom. We had visited WDW in 2012 and saw the Osborne Lights together. We were both sad that they were ending and I wanted to include her some in this trip. I’m not sure why but this video is really shaky. It plays just fine on my phone so something must have gone wrong when I uploaded it.

Once the first song was over, I walked down to where Monica was sitting and we chatted for a while. We were both looking for Mo and her family but it was pretty hopeless. The crowds were huge at this point and it was going to be impossible to find anyone. I gave up after a while and went off to take some pictures. I was excited to see a Star Wars window.

It was right around this point that I was approached by another DISer who recognized me. We chatted for a minute and then went our separate ways. That was when I realized that I didn’t even ask her name. But she posted here at the beginning of the TR. Her name is Rachel and she is N8sgirl12 on the DIS. It was wonderful meeting you Rachel!

I headed down the side street and took some more pictures. You can see by this photo just how crowded it was.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
The Beginning of a Sad Goodbye Part 2

Somewhere around this point I took another video much shorter than the first one. Still really shaky though, sorry!

I realized then that it was getting very close to my 7:25 pm dinner reservation so I started out of the area. I did take one more picture as I was leaving. I spotted the purple cat which is supposed to be hard to find. I didn’t have any trouble finding him this year.

I was eating at Hollywood and Vine which was converted to Minnie’s Holiday Dine for the Christmas season. This would be my first ever Character meal by myself and I was a little nervous about finding people to take pictures.

I checked in and waited about 15 minutes before my pager went off. Then I had to get in a line for pictures with Santa Goofy. At least I didn’t have to worry about this picture because there was a PP photographer.

At that time I was also given a signature card with all of the characters on it. I usually don’t worry about autographs but this was a cute souvenir from the meal.

Minnie came around almost as soon as I was seated. I roped the lady at the next table into taking our picture. I’m not sure how thrilled she was to do it. I loved all of the holiday outfits.

There was a lull in the characters after Minnie so I headed up to the buffet for some food.

The big piece of turkey blocks a lot there but there was some chicken, meatballs, fish sticks, mashed potatoes and shrimp & lobster mac & cheese under there. Everything was beyond good, especially the mac & cheese and the turkey. I went back for seconds on both of those.

Daisy was up next. Once again I had the table next to me take the picture.

One of the hostesses was walking by when Mickey came to visit so she grabbed my camera.

Last but not least was Donald. Another of the hostesses took my camera for these pictures. I had a great conversation with Donald, telling him that he was my husband’s favorite.

Here’s a picture taken from my table. They didn’t do a whole lot of decorations for the holiday.

There was a huge spread for dessert but you all know how picky I am by now so I didn’t find a whole lot to eat. But that was OK because I was pretty stuffed from the two plates of food I had. Both dessert items I did have were good.

Overall I really enjoyed this meal. The food was delicious and the characters very cute. I’m not sure I was very comfortable doing a character meal on my own though. I doubt I will book one again on a solo trip.

HS was open till 11 pm for EMH and I originally planned on heading back to the Osborne Lights. But I was exhausted and my feet were in bad shape. I knew I would be back later in the week to catch the lights again. So I headed out of the park.

I never did find Mo and family but as I was exiting, I saw a message from Suzi, D and Bradey that they were leaving the park also so I took a risk and headed over to the AKL bus stop. It was one of the first stops so I didn’t have to go too far out of my way. And they were there in the line so I got to say hi again. I also managed to pawn off the Clementines on D. Not sure she really wanted them but hopefully they were enjoyed. If not, oh well, I probably would have ended up tossing them any ways.

When I made it back to ASMu, I stopped in the gift shop to pick up the Star Wars stuff I had purchased the day before. I also picked up a few items while I was there. First up was a Christmas Stitch.

Christmas Pluto:

And finally a cute little Stitch key chain. There is a hook on the back so you can hang him from a bag.

I traded for two pins during the day.

Up Next: I’m Way Too Competitive for My Own Good

Last edited:
I didn't even know about those pins at the resorts.

This was my first year and last year of course of seeing the lights. As someone who does their own Christmas lights display I was in awe really. I couldn't believe that was the only time I would get to see them.

Glad you had a good meal I've heard some not so good things about Hollywood and vine lately.

Love the trip report. I've been following along, but not commenting. Looks like HDDR was a blast--glad your pictures were found!

Love the pin from Boardwalk--do all resorts have special pins, or were these special holiday pins? I definitely don't know the deal with the pins!

Love your holiday photos too! Glad your solo trip had lots of dismeets to make it special!

Love the pin you bought, so cute.

Love all the Osborne Lights photos.

The backdrop with Goofy is nice! Great picture :)

All the character pictures are beyond adorable, their outfits are awesome! Glad to hear the food was good as well.

Love the stuffies you purchased!

The lights look amazing, it's so sad they're going!

It's good to hear your good dining review and I'm sure people didn't mind taking your photo :goodvibes

LOVE your pics from the Osborne lights. I can't believe it's over :( I am SO glad Mom and I got to see them together once more. I read on a blog or somewhere that even though the contract is up on the actual Osborne family's property, Disney has added (and owns) SO much of the display that they really might make use of them somewhere else--maybe even send them to Disneyland. My hopes are low, but maybe, JUST maybe we'll see them again somewhere!!!

Glad you were able to spot D~, Suzi and Bradey again. This was my first trip with a DIS meet and I once we met, I was looking for you guys all over the place :) It was just an added bit of fun to know that my new friends were here right in the middle of the magic with me!!

I love the view of Tower of Terror from the Friendship boat. The backdrop of the sunset would really make it look nice.

Your character meal looks fun. We were at the Cinderella Happily Ever After meal at the GF and there was a single female dinner who was having a great time getting pictures with the characters. I would guess that this happens a lot, especially if a spouse refuses to dine there.

Great update! Love the pics from the character dinner. You're right -- their holiday outfits were absolutely adorable <3 !!

Your pictures of the lights came out amazing!! My trip feels like such a blur! Wish I had had more time to explore. We also really enjoyed Minnie's Holiday Dine- the characters were adorable and the food was fantastic- I agree about the decorations though- for $300 they could have a Christmas tree squeezed in somewhere or lights or something!!! Lol

What a great DIS meet/ride on TT! Looks like a fun car!

I'm sorry about the dud Pluto meet - especially with all of your Pluto Christmas gear on. But the pictures did turn out really nice!

I love all of the Osborne Lights pictures. We were in the same area when the lights turned out and it just took my breath away. I could have spent another hour just wandering around!

I'm glad you enjoyed the food at Minnie's Holiday Dine. I've read mixed reviews but we really loved the food! And that's great that you found people to help out with the pictures!

oh oh oh! I adore the Christmas outfits!!!!

Yes, we tried to find each other but the crowds were crazy. We probably walked past each other too and didn't know it!!!

I loved seeing your Osborne lights photos - it truly was an amazing thing for us to see them for the first and last time. I've heard rumors that they are going to open them somewhere else - but I am not sure how true that is? :scratchin

I'd forgotten that you were able to see us in line at DHS... I was able to eat one of the clementines, but not all of them - I ended up leaving them for housekeeping - I hope someone enjoyed them.

The holiday outfits of the characters at your meal were really cute!!! It's a bummer that it was difficult for you to find someone to take your picture - but it looked like you were able to, so that's good. I love all of your pictures! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter