"I can't believe we're staying here!" An Feb'16 DLR PTR (TR link Post #355)

Sounds like a great plan! We did 5 parks one day my last trip (where, I might add, it involved NO children, almost no rides & a nasty fall!) but we did it just to say 'we did it'. The plan was all 4 parks, 1 day.. but then Everest broke down before we could ride it and so we circled back to that park since it was open later that night to make sure we could ride it!

I have never eaten at that sit down restaurant in Epcot. Which is a shame to not even TRY because I love Mexican food. However, it will come as no big surprise to write that no one else in my family does..... so it just doesn't happen!

Great plans. 3 parks in one day sounds doable the way you have it planned with your pool break.

I definitely think it is reasonable. Especially because (1) we have long mid-day break and (2) we have ZERO expectations of accomplishing things in the third park. It would be "we get what we get", and it's more about getting over to MK before we've already been at Disney for over a week.

Sounds like a great plan! We did 5 parks one day my last trip (where, I might add, it involved NO children, almost no rides & a nasty fall!) but we did it just to say 'we did it'. The plan was all 4 parks, 1 day.. but then Everest broke down before we could ride it and so we circled back to that park since it was open later that night to make sure we could ride it!

I have never eaten at that sit down restaurant in Epcot. Which is a shame to not even TRY because I love Mexican food. However, it will come as no big surprise to write that no one else in my family does..... so it just doesn't happen!

I've never really wanted to do four parks in one day, as you say it's mostly to say you've done it, but we've never gotten to that point that we have a free day to waste. Too much travel time, though. In this case, I don't think the travel time is much of an issue, as the ride from BCV to DHS is < 10 minutes. BCV to Epcot < 5 min, and from Epcot to MK probably 20-30 minutes. The only lengthy travel may be the ride back on the bus at the end of the day.

DD is not a big mexican food fan, which sort of surprised me that she picked it. San Angel is more about the atmosphere of dining in that twilight cafe with the volcano there. I can't say I remember the food being particularly good or bad. It's been a long time, so looking forward to giving it another try.

Update: So, I waited for a CC billing cycle, and I purcahsed our Disney YES program tickets, so now DD is signed up for the classes and our tickets are paid for. I also decided to get trip insurance. I don't buy trip insurance every time I travel, but just last month I had it on our ski trip, and I was glad I did. We had not one but TWO trip delays (both into Denver and out of Denver) and I filed $760 worth of claims on my $100 trip insurance. They've already sent payment, so I'm pretty happy how that all worked out.

The reason I decide on TR is usually the time of year we are traveling. In this case, August is peak hurricane season. We can hope that we are not delayed due to a hurricane, but the last time we went in August we literally missed the hurricane by a single day. (It had poured rain for FOUR days straight before we got there and was still raining the night we arrived. Fortunately by the next morning it was clear.) Then later in that trip there was another hurricane came through the gulf.

So, any delay due to hurricane would cost us time and money, and while I hope it doesn't happen, I would prefer to feel that at least the cost won't be much. With DVC - you can buy trip insurance for your entire Use Year for $89, so I think in this case it's a happy investment.

Anyways, I came here to post a summary of Day 3, so here it goes.

If you remember, Day 2 was a day in which we not only were going to the parks, we will likely go to THREE parks. Fortunately, today is a lot mellower, and it's going to be a non-park day (with Disney Youth Services, the longest park ticket you can get is an 8-day ticket - which affects our # of park days).

Today will be our 2nd water park day. The plan is to hit whatever water park we DIDN'T hit on day one, so it is TBD. I would like to get there for rope drop so we can get a nice shady location. I was having a hard time coming up with firsts for this day, but truthfully this will be the first time we will have gone to two water parks in a single trip, at least as a family. (DW and I hit ALL THREE water parks in a single week back in 1997 - a feat that would currently require a time machine.)

After the water park - I think we will likely spend some time in the room relaxing.

Our evening is also planned out - and will include not a first, but a last. This will be the LAST time we can send DD to one of the kids clubs. She will be 12 at the time of this trip, and kids clubs are only allowed until age 12. She is the one that actually asked to go in the kids club, which is a little bit of a surprise. We were probably putting her in it anyways, because we wanted to do two of our favorite non-kid Disney things tonight.

First is dinner at Yachtsman's Steak House.

I talked a lot so far about us trying something new every day, and we really considered a couple of different dining options - but DW and I LOVE a good steak, and we certainly don't mind paying Disney prices for one of these babies. Plus the fact that we can literally WALK there from our room? Wow, another perk to staying here!

We have a 6:20 PM ADR, so we are hoping that we can be done by about quarter to eight, because next stop is - JELLYROLLS!

Yeah, we are really looking forward to one of our favorite nightspots. While we would love to stay from opening until midnight - realistically we probably should get out of here by 10 PM. Not a good idea to get DD rolling too late or else we will be paying for it soon enough! Again, the nice thing here is a short walk across the bridge from Jellyrolls and realistically we'll be back to our room in 10 minutes.

Anyways, that's our third day. A bit mellow during the day, a bit rock and roll at night!

This sounds like so much fun!

We are doing BWV in September, and are definitely going to hit up Jellyrolls. I think it will be super fun! The Trip insurance seems like a good plan, too. I've never looked into it, but seems like it was definitely a good investment for the ski trip!

This sounds like so much fun!

We are doing BWV in September, and are definitely going to hit up Jellyrolls. I think it will be super fun! The Trip insurance seems like a good plan, too. I've never looked into it, but seems like it was definitely a good investment for the ski trip!

I was definitely glad we had it for the ski trip. It was already an expensive trip, and we could have ill-afforded the extra $760 in expenses that results in our trip being canceled. (Actually we spent more because we went to the aquarium and a hockey game.)

Actually, BWV would really be more of a "pinch myself" stay than BCV is. On our 2nd trip in 2000, DW and I parked at Boardwalk one morning to get to Epcot (that's before they stopped people from parking at the resorts without a permit) and I just remember thinking "Gosh, we will NEVER get to stay in a place like this." Of course at the time we were staying in a $39 a night hotel off-property. It's one of the two "dream stays" I have (the other is Wilderness Lodge), but we decided to go for Beach Club this time because it is typically a harder get. You can get into Boardwalk pretty easy from January to September.

If you haven't been to Jellyrolls, it's a LOT of fun. We went there twice on our abbreviated food and wine trip.

Actually, BWV would really be more of a "pinch myself" stay than BCV is.

For me it definitely is that kind of experience. My fiance's parents are letting us use their DVC points, otherwise we'd definitely be staying somewhere more budget conscious!

I'm so envious reading about your plans. I had just written up our Day 2 & 3 plans when the @#$!&% hit the fan.

((((((((sigh)))))))))

Sounds like you have a great trip put together, nice and relaxing and spontaneous.

Sounds like a great day. You did good to purchase insurance. I do every time I go to Hawaii as it gives me peace of mind.

Hawaii-nice.

For me it definitely is that kind of experience. My fiance's parents are letting us use their DVC points, otherwise we'd definitely be staying somewhere more budget conscious!

Awesome. Those are some good in-laws!

I'm so envious reading about your plans. I had just written up our Day 2 & 3 plans when the @#$!&% hit the fan.

((((((((sigh)))))))))

Sounds like you have a great trip put together, nice and relaxing and spontaneous.

Oh no! I hope its not too serious! I'm sorry to hear you have issues.

Sounds like another great day. Hope that DD enjoys her time at the kids club.

We always buy travel insurance when we travel internationally...but then we have a lot more distance to cover and also have to factor in the 'what if we get sick' at the destination. That sounds like a good deal for insurance and I'm sure you've already checked out their payout policy for 'acts of god' like a hurricane. Some insurance policies don't include payment for mother nature.

Congrats on getting the Poly DVC reservation! :cheer2:

I see now where the name skier-pete comes from. ;) Wow! Those pictures of the mountain are amazing. I've never been anywhere like that. And I can't believe that a few days there is close to 11 days in Disney. Another reason why I'm happy we don't ski. The first of course being the cold and the snow. I don't know why I live in New England.:rotfl2:

I'm always learning new things about Disney on these boards. The YES program sounds really cool, glad I learned about it.

Your plans sound great. I think it's so cool that no matter how many times you go to Disney every trip can be very different if that's what you choose. Like our coming trip we're staying at YC when we've always only stayed at WL. We have some similar ADRs as you - we're also trying B&C and San Angel Inn. Glad to hear you've enjoyed San Angel, we're really looking forward to it. We're also doing a date night at Bluezoo with our kids staying at the Dolphin kids club. Originally we'd planned Flying Fish with the kids at Sandcastle club but made the switch. The Yachtsman looks amazing, I want to go even though I don't eat steak. :rotfl:

Well, the first crop of DVC resorts was pretty exciting, but the POLY! Wow! So awesome you were able to get one of those coveted reservations! I can't wait to see how the rooms look through your TR.

Also, way to go on those flights! Really can't beat $99 flights too often these days.

Great park plans so far! I have read a TR in the past where the kids did the YES program and loved it. I also saw a group of kids who were doing that (or something similar) while we were in DL and they seemed to be having a great time. Every kid had a smile on his face! It doesn't hurt to get a discount on park tickets too while you're at it.

Sounds like another great day. Hope that DD enjoys her time at the kids club.

We always buy travel insurance when we travel internationally...but then we have a lot more distance to cover and also have to factor in the 'what if we get sick' at the destination. That sounds like a good deal for insurance and I'm sure you've already checked out their payout policy for 'acts of god' like a hurricane. Some insurance policies don't include payment for mother nature.

Can't blame you there. We bought travel insurance when we visited Australia. As you say, just for the Medical insurance, because you never know how difficult it will be to get your home insurance to cover the issue. I definitely wouldn't leave the country without it. In country is iffier. For instance, when we were planning to visit my mom and step-dad in Arizona in December, I didn't buy trip insurance because I figured if we had a delay it wouldn't be a big deal. But a ski trip always puts an extra layer of risk. The $100 is worth the mental safeguard I think in many cases. In this case, it was worth $760.

Congrats on getting the Poly DVC reservation! :cheer2:

I see now where the name skier-pete comes from. ;) Wow! Those pictures of the mountain are amazing. I've never been anywhere like that. And I can't believe that a few days there is close to 11 days in Disney. Another reason why I'm happy we don't ski. The first of course being the cold and the snow. I don't know why I live in New England.:rotfl2:

I'm always learning new things about Disney on these boards. The YES program sounds really cool, glad I learned about it.

Your plans sound great. I think it's so cool that no matter how many times you go to Disney every trip can be very different if that's what you choose. Like our coming trip we're staying at YC when we've always only stayed at WL. We have some similar ADRs as you - we're also trying B&C and San Angel Inn. Glad to hear you've enjoyed San Angel, we're really looking forward to it. We're also doing a date night at Bluezoo with our kids staying at the Dolphin kids club. Originally we'd planned Flying Fish with the kids at Sandcastle club but made the switch. The Yachtsman looks amazing, I want to go even though I don't eat steak. :rotfl:

Yeah, Skier_pete didn't originate on the DIS, even though I've been on here for nine years (WOW!) I actually had that as my e-bay user name before that. There isn't much I love more than big mountain skiing, but the cost and the work involved and the weather hazards make it a less frequent choice for vacation. It USED to be that Disney trips were consistently cheaper than ski trips, but Disney has jacked it's prices so much in the last 10 years that it's actually somewhat comparable now! My dad is from Austria so I was brought up on skis. The "mountains" here in Buffalo are small, and New England skiing has gotten too pricey to be worth the trip iMO, so we just go out west every couple years. Many people on here there travel bucket list is to visit all the Disney Parks. Me, I want to ski five continents. (Three down!)

YES only goes at certain times of year, so this was our first chance to give it a go!

Yachtsman does have menu items that AREN'T steak. I can't tell you what they taste like though! Dinner at Bluezoo sounds like fun. I hear the dining at the SWolphin is pretty good, though we haven't been.

Well, the first crop of DVC resorts was pretty exciting, but the POLY! Wow! So awesome you were able to get one of those coveted reservations! I can't wait to see how the rooms look through your TR.

Also, way to go on those flights! Really can't beat $99 flights too often these days.

Great park plans so far! I have read a TR in the past where the kids did the YES program and loved it. I also saw a group of kids who were doing that (or something similar) while we were in DL and they seemed to be having a great time. Every kid had a smile on his face! It doesn't hurt to get a discount on park tickets too while you're at it.

From the sound of it, the timing was really good with the Poly. It's now hard to get in at the 7 month mark. But that might be due to 7 months being December. Getting the $99 flights was very exciting.

They do have YES in DLR as well, though different classes. We are excited for it, though DD is more excited in the Animal Behavior one.

Had to catch up! Wow, in the first two days you're going from chill no park day to three in one day! It sounds like a blast though!

I love that you're letting fate/DD decide which water park to visit on day one. Yay for spontaneity! like I always say: I can totally be spontaneous as long as I plan for it! :rotfl2:

Had to catch up! Wow, in the first two days you're going from chill no park day to three in one day! It sounds like a blast though!

I love that you're letting fate/DD decide which water park to visit on day one. Yay for spontaneity! like I always say: I can totally be spontaneous as long as I plan for it! :rotfl2:

Finding the right pace is such a tricky thing, especially on a long trip like this. Chill time is important. Chill time on the first day is tough to take though!

Oh no! I hope its not too serious! I'm sorry to hear you have issues.

Well serious enough to cancel the next two vacations, but not serious enough for surgery so we have that going for us. I think you've made it over there (with the posting of the TOC, thank you again), so now I'm vicariously living through everyone else's TRs and PTRs. I'm going to be rebooking again soon, I'm just not quite sure when yet.

Well serious enough to cancel the next two vacations, but not serious enough for surgery so we have that going for us. I think you've made it over there (with the posting of the TOC, thank you again), so now I'm vicariously living through everyone else's TRs and PTRs. I'm going to be rebooking again soon, I'm just not quite sure when yet.

That's always too bad when a vacation has to be cancelled, but as you say, at least no surgery seems necessary, so that's a good thing. Vacations can always be rebooked, right!

We've been very lucky (knocks on my desk) to not have to outright cancel any vacations, though admittedly our recent trip to Arizona was no longer a vacation when my step-dad passed away, so that one wasn't much fun...but it was still nice to be at work.

Hopefully you will have good fortune dealing with your Trip Insurance. Ours recent trip delays on our ski trip were pretty good, as we had money in hand in < month.

Passed the 5-month mark this weekend! There still snow in the air and snow on my lawn and it's March 30th!! I wanna go where its warm!

So, I'm thinking about our 4th day of the trip. Even though we went out to Jellyroll's the night before, it's still going to be an early morning. It's DDs first Y.E.S Class.

We have to be at the front of EPCOT at 8:30 AM for this class. I am not sure how to do this from the Beach Club. I would assume they don't run buses to a resort that is walking distance from the park, so I am thinking the only option will be to take a cab. Does anyone else know if this is true??

Well, the YES class lasts 3 hours, so DW will have a bit of some alone time in the morning. I am not sure what she'll do with it, but I was thinking we should try to meet for lunch probably at Sunshine Seasons. Then, we will hit a few things in the park possibly before heading back to the resorts mid-afternoon. Possibly the Seas or Living with the Land or even a quick visit with Figment.

No Soarin' yet though - because that'll be on a FP+, and I again am leaning towards holding off on our FP+ until the evening, though I haven't 100% decided on this.

After a bit of downtime at the hotel, we are going to spend the evening at DHS probably around 5-6 PM. We can get FP for TSM and Star Tours, and then catch a few rides after evening EMH starts, including even the Muppets! According to the current schedule, EMH are from 8 PM to 10 PM.

I am expecting we will check out the Frozen Singalong show, but there is also going to be the Frozen Fireworks show, so there's a couple of additional options before EMH start. (DD has become adamantly anti-Frozen, but she DID want to see the video of the show, so she still might want to see it.) If DD and DW go back early, I'll finally get my ride on with Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller coaster just before the park closes.

Will we also do Fantasmic for the first time in ages? Maybe, Maybe not. We'll see. I would like to, but if DD is stubborn and refuses, I won't be the one fighting it.

Firsts:
First time doing the YES program - Chemistry in Action!
First time doing EMH at DHS.
First time seeing "Frozen Singalong" and "Frozen Fireworks"

So - what do you think, a good fourth day?

It DOES sound like a good fourth day.

I've always walked via the International Gateway into Epcot from the BCV. I don't know if they run buses to the front. I hope you'll find out. There is a thread on the resorts subforum that natebenma runs specifically on the BC. You can head there and ask. They would know.

It DOES sound like a good fourth day.

I've always walked via the International Gateway into Epcot from the BCV. I don't know if they run buses to the front. I hope you'll find out. There is a thread on the resorts subforum that natebenma runs specifically on the BC. You can head there and ask. They would know.

Good point, though this is one of those things that can wait to be answered when we get there. I STILL might take a taxi anyways, just because it's early and I don't want to be late by having to wait for a bus to get me over there that early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter