I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

I haven't received any notifications of your updates again. I wonder why that keeps happening. So sorry I am late responding about certain updates.

Sorry to hear about your DH grandfather.

Love Raglan Road. It is one of our must have reservations for our trips. Omg!!! Love the pictures of the Grand Floridian and your room. You know how I feel about that hotel. Lol

All caught up...going to the World, then trip report started, being sick and work all get in the way of my DIS time...then these darn new boards and not getting email notification...well I am caught up on another report.

So sorry to hear about DH grandfather. Hope the funeral went well. Just last night coming home from dinner with friends of mine we were talking about my grandparents deaths and funerals.

Love your pics of GFV You were in a 1 BR? Calvin is so cute. I remember when you were pregnant. DTD was busy our first night there 1/3 We went to Raglan Road for dinner as well. We were in the other room so we couldn't see the dancing. Morgan and Mom had the fish and chips and said they were okay. Morgan was still feeling puny. I had the Pot Pie. It was chicken and very good. No desserts for us. I liked it but I want to try so many other places so I guess next trip we will pass on this.

Heyy pretty lady! I've been off the boards for a couple of weeks, so I was excited to see some updates here for me to catch up on!

So sorry to hear about your DH's Grandpa :sad1: Sending you guys lots of love.

Your DS looks so tiny in front of the GF Christmas tree!!! He's a super-cutie.

And watching him run/be dragged through the fountain was hilarious!

It's so cool that you got to meet Danielle! I love her TRs :goodvibes and I love her Aladdin dress :goodvibes

The atmosphere at Raglan Road seemed fun. And stuffing meat and veg INSIDE a french fry?... GENIOUS!! :rotfl:

Your villa looks incredible ! :eek: I can't wait to hear more!! :goodvibes

Hi Lesha,

I've not been on the boards for a while but wanted to see how your latest trip went.

Sounds like it got off to a great start, so many fun things already like meeting Danielle, dinner at RR and your gorgeous room!

Can't wait to read more :)

I'm sorry about your DH's grandfather, I hope the funeral went ok.

Calvin is looking adorable as usual!

Monica! :goodvibes Love seeing your pics on FB, btw! Your DS is getting so so big.

Thanks for asking, the funeral was really beautiful. He was in the service so he had taps and guns and the folding of the flag. Very beautiful, considering the circumstances.

I have done that before! I think the new boards are an improvement but it will take a bit of getting used to.

It's still taking me some time, especially with the Watched Threads not showing up after I viewed a thread. :confused3 and then the organization of the smilies are killing me!

Oh goodness, I would be evil. It would not be pretty. Both Jeff and I NEED that coffee. LOL! Honestly though, it could be decaf and it would work, it is as much the ritual as it is the cafffience.

We are sooooo alike. Every once in a while when I find myself getting into that evil mood, i'll make myself a cup to cheer me up and oh boy does it!

I hope you get Aulani next summer too! As long as you aren't going for standard view or the hotel room category and can book right at 7m you should be fine but if you want me to check on dates as it gets closer, just let me know.

That would be awesome thanks for the offer :goodvibes

Ha, if I didn't know better, I'd assume the stroller ram-ee was my father since he does seem to be a magnet for it.

Seriously Right??!! The G-Flo furniture is INSANE!! I feel like I don't want to touch anything.

OH... MY... GAWD!!!!! That room is exquisite!!! Yeah, that beats a value room by a little bit. In fact I think the bed is bigger than a value room. :scratchin

Haha, I just cannot NOT unpack. Even for just a couple of days, I have to get the suitcase out of the way.

:rotfl: That cracked me up whhen DH asked about the plans immediately after DM. Husbands... (I assume ;))

Hey you're back from WDW! :cool1: I'm sure you're like :sad2::sad1::sad: but good to see you! Loved seeing your FB posts.

Love the name G-Flo! But you're so right. I feel like i'll be tainting the furniture by sitting on it, or even looking at it!

Ugh, on all our past trips, we would switch after a few nights, so unpacking was pretty much useless. This was the first time in 5 years that I was able to fully unpack and I loved it! Totally one of my highlights of the trip! :lmao:

I'm totally not going to group all husbands in the 'selective hearing' group, but...yes!:rotfl2:

Wow, can't believe I missed this! Calvin is getting so big! Your room at VGF is amazing! I would love to stay there someday!

Jill in CO

Jill! Yay I hear you're going to headed to CA in May?!:cool1:

I haven't received any notifications of your updates again. I wonder why that keeps happening. So sorry I am late responding about certain updates.

Sorry to hear about your DH grandfather.

Love Raglan Road. It is one of our must have reservations for our trips. Omg!!! Love the pictures of the Grand Floridian and your room. You know how I feel about that hotel. Lol

Don't even worry about it! I'm still trying to familiarize myself with this new setup.

I totally know how you are with the GF! :rotfl2::thumbsup2

All caught up...going to the World, then trip report started, being sick and work all get in the way of my DIS time...then these darn new boards and not getting email notification...well I am caught up on another report.

So sorry to hear about DH grandfather. Hope the funeral went well. Just last night coming home from dinner with friends of mine we were talking about my grandparents deaths and funerals.

Love your pics of GFV You were in a 1 BR? Calvin is so cute. I remember when you were pregnant. DTD was busy our first night there 1/3 We went to Raglan Road for dinner as well. We were in the other room so we couldn't see the dancing. Morgan and Mom had the fish and chips and said they were okay. Morgan was still feeling puny. I had the Pot Pie. It was chicken and very good. No desserts for us. I liked it but I want to try so many other places so I guess next trip we will pass on this.

The funeral was beautiful, thanks for asking. He was in the service so he had the flag folding, taps, etc. Very nice.

Yep 1 BR and loved it! Can't believe we missed each other. Such a bummer!

I'll be checking out your TR for sure!

Subbing! So far I'm loving your report. That villa is AMAZING!!

Hi and Welcome! :welcome: Isn't the room awesome?! Loved every second of staying there.

Following along! VGF looks amazing!

Hi and Welcome! :welcome: The VGF was so fabulous! If you ever can get there someday, you must!

Heyy pretty lady! I've been off the boards for a couple of weeks, so I was excited to see some updates here for me to catch up on!

So sorry to hear about your DH's Grandpa :sad1: Sending you guys lots of love.

Your DS looks so tiny in front of the GF Christmas tree!!! He's a super-cutie.

And watching him run/be dragged through the fountain was hilarious!

It's so cool that you got to meet Danielle! I love her TRs :goodvibes and I love her Aladdin dress :goodvibes

The atmosphere at Raglan Road seemed fun. And stuffing meat and veg INSIDE a french fry?... GENIOUS!! :rotfl:

Your villa looks incredible ! :eek: I can't wait to hear more!! :goodvibes

Katie! :banana:

Being dragged is the best way to put it! :rotfl2: At least part of the way!

Danielle rocks the Disney dresses like no one else! And she's amazing!

I used whatever resources I had available and a french fry was the only thing he was eating, but I made it work surprisingly! :rotfl2:

Saturday, January 3, 2015 – Animal Kingdom Day

Tusker House

Something I had forgotten to mention in the last update. For Animal Kingdom day, we had no dinner plans and figure we’d just wing it. I’ve been DYING to have dinner at Sanaa and had mentioned it multiple times while making plans for this trip. Then DH suggested that he take DM and DS to Jiko, while I go to Sanaa. I immediately made this movement from King of Queens

And because he understood what I was doing, he did it back

Splitting up our party for dinner so we can each be happy with our food choices?! Uh, yes please. We’d all be in the same location so why not? Just different restaurants. I immediately called up Disney Dining and explained what I was wanting to do. I was able to get both restaurants within 10 minutes of each other. Jiko at 7:40 and Sanaa at 7:50pm. Yay! Now on with our day.

Even though I had only gotten maybe 5 hours of sleep, I was super excited to be going to Animal Kingdom today! This park is really finding a spot in my heart. I’ve never been a big fan, but over the years I’ve really grown to love it.

I had prepped the coffee maker the night before (every night actually!) so brewed that first thing and got ready. I got everyone up about 30 minutes after I had woken up because we needed to leave the room by at least 8am to make it to our character breakfast at Tusker House at 8:45am. Yep, we're not eating any of our groceries that we had unpacked the night before:rotfl2:

Took this as we were leaving the room

DH and I had a discussion while on our way to the bus stop about why we were leaving 45 minutes before our reservation. You’d think he’d know by now how long it takes to get there and walk towards the back of the park. He even wanted to bet on what time we’d get there! I asked him what time we’d check in for our ADR. He said 8:30 am

I said 8:50 and he laughed and shook his head. The winner got bragging rights.

It wasn’t long before we were on the bus and I took a picture of our FP reservation for the day

Someone still looked tired

Also, the timestamp on that picture was 8:27am :cool:

When we pulled up to AK, I took this picture. Not only because the tree was pretty, but mainly because I needed the time.

8:45 am :cool2:

I’m not sure of the exact time we pulled up to check in at Tusker House, but we had to wait for 1 family in front of us to take these pictures at 8:55am

Guess I won!

I was super excited for this breakfast. This was our first character breakfast ever and this would be DS’s first character interaction of the trip.

We were seated and all given coffee and juice --now I don’t remember if Tusker serves POG juice or Jungle Juice. I’m reading different things so Phil would be the best person to ask. “Phil? Phil??” (Groundhog Day:lmao:)

I went with DM to get a plate for me and DS. Lots of great options (sorry no pics of the buffet) but it had everything you’d want from a buffet along with a few different items like plantains and beef bobotie.

I made myself a plate with things DS could eat along with a bowl of oatmeal with all the fixings, I knew he would eat up. By the time I got back, the man of the hour (it is after all Donald’s Safari Breakfast—he now has his chance in the spotlight!) and already it wasn’t looking good

Nope not good at all.

Poor Donald. No love from DS.

The break in characters gave DS and I a chance to eat and gave DH the chance to go check out the buffet.

DS clutching on to his chocolate milk for dear life

And my plate to share with DS. Nothing crazy. Runny eggs (I remembered how much I hate Disney eggs. Why are they so wet?!), sausage, potatoes, a Mickey waffle and a bagel along with my juice and coffee

I also grabbed bacon too I guess. Of course I did, cause DS loves bacon!

DH had come back with his plate and sat down looking disgusted and said, “I don’t understand how people can stink at 9am.” And DM proclaimed rather proudly, “I can! I can at 9am!” There was dead silence between DH and I along with awkward facial exchanges

And she looked at DH and said, “What? You can too. If I wasn’t here, I would be right now.”

I was totally confused and asked, “Stink?! You can stink at 9am?!”

And she busted up laughing and thought he said ‘Sleep’ :rotfl2: All of us started laughing and DH was wondering why DM would be proud of stinking so early in the morning! This happened many times on this trip. DM needs a hearing aid.

continued in next post

Last edited:

Tusker House continued

After our funny conversation, DH said that Goofy was coming around and he suggested holding DS. DS knew what was coming

Introductions were offered

And immediately declined

DH was finally able to sit down and eat

Mickey came around about 5 minutes after Goofy

As you can see, they were bringing the characters around really fast. We were barely able to eat!

Daisy came literally right after Mickey so I said screw it. I’m taking a girly pic with Daisy, no boys allowed.

DS finally said his first word to a character…. ‘Bye there.’ :rotfl2:

Progress on the final character. Oh well.

And this is where the bargaining of food came in! I offered DS a sip of my juice which he loved

And asked him to eat more oatmeal and/or eggs, with which he complied. Yay! :cheer2: Refills came pretty often for coffee and juice which was great, because that juice was delicious. However, DH was the only one to get up for seconds. Sad. I think between, trying to scarf food down in between characters and taking pictures with them made my hunger dissipate over time. Look how much I ate, or rather, didn’t eat.

I couldn’t even finish off Mickey’s head for goodness sake :sad2:

DS was over this place

DH was shocked over the price, even though he agreed on the place. $100. For breakfast. For 3 people (DS was free). We didn’t even pay that for breakfast groceries for the week! I think had DS had better character interactions, the price would have been fine. But I didn’t even finish half of my plate. Although DH said he would NOT go back again, I’d give it another shot when DS is older and has a better grip on the characters. I'm sure it would be much more magical!

What a great idea - splitting up for dinner. I love that! Good for you!

OMG - really nice group shot before breakfast. Lovely picture of your mom.

Great pics during breakfast, although poor Calvin looks scared out of his mind most of the time. I guess you never know whether kids are going to go for the characters of just get plain old scared.

Sorry the food was just "eh". Breakfast is one of those meals that can be hit of miss. And I hear you on the price. I think the character buffets are just getting way too pricy for the whole experience.

I immediately made this movement from King of Queens
:lmao: You guys crack me up.

And I think that was a good idea for dinner! Everybody wins. Especially the one who gets a peaceful meal without having to take care of the kid... :rolleyes1

Took this as we were leaving the room
Only 4 minutes late. If I could only be so lucky. :rotfl:

When we pulled up to AK, I took this picture. Not only because the tree was pretty, but mainly because I needed the time.

8:45 am :cool2:
Um... Winner.

If you call being late winning... :faint:

Nope not good at all.
:headache: Yep, I can totally relate to that. It looks like he was even less receptive to them and DD was at first.

I also grabbed bacon too I guess. Of course I did, cause DS loves bacon!
Doesn't everybody? :confused3

“I don’t understand how people can stink at 9am.” And DM proclaimed rather proudly, “I can! I can at 9am!” There was dead silence between DH and I along with awkward facial exchanges

And she looked at DH and said, “What? You can too. If I wasn’t here, I would be right now.”

I was totally confused and asked, “Stink?! You can stink at 9am?!”

And she busted up laughing and thought he said ‘Sleep’ :rotfl2: All of us started laughing and DH was wondering why DM would be proud of stinking so early in the morning! This happened many times on this trip. DM needs a hearing aid.
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Stink... sleep... what's the difference? :confused3

Definitely need to price some hearing aids for her. :lmao:

DS finally said his first word to a character…. ‘Bye there.’ :rotfl2:
Well, it is progress... Or he's just over them and wants to make sure they know they're supposed to go away.

DH was shocked over the price, even though he agreed on the place. $100. For breakfast. For 3 people (DS was free). We didn’t even pay that for breakfast groceries for the week! I think had DS had better character interactions, the price would have been fine. But I didn’t even finish half of my plate. Although DH said he would NOT go back again, I’d give it another shot when DS is older and has a better grip on the characters. I'm sure it would be much more magical!
I think this is pretty accurate. None of the breakfasts at Disney are worth the price. The way I see it, we're paying to see the characters and get into the parks early. Otherwise, there's no way you can justify the cost of one of those breakfasts.

Ok, the story about I stink is hysterical. I like Tusker House but I can see how it wasn't as good since Calvin didn't like the characters. ;( Maybe when he gets older.

Jill in COC

subbing!!

just caught up on your TR and you're son is just wayyy too cute!!!

the GF villas are a dream! keeping my fingers crossed to stay there this year :cloud9:

Great updates. Your son will come around with characters. The question is when.
Love the I stink story!! I looked at doing the Tusker House breakfast but decided that was too much money for me not to be able to eat Bacon or Sausage. (I am anaphalytic allergic to pork)
So tell DS to eat my portion of the bacon and enjoy it!!

OMG, I love the gif from George of the Jungle. I was at work and it was so hard not to laugh with it, LOL!
awww.. I love the matching shirts you and your hubby are wearing except yours trumps his just cos of Dr Who, hahahaha. :rotfl:
yea, I can't eat runny eggs either. I think its a psychological thing with me. Plus, if its certain smell than I just can't eat them. :crazy2:
Your son is SO adorable! I just love his hair. My son had similiar hair but since he's a little older its just straight, augh..
aww.. no love for Mickey but yahh for Daisy! Girls Rock!!

We were seated and all given coffee and juice --now I don’t remember if Tusker serves POG juice or Jungle Juice. I’m reading different things so Phil would be the best person to ask. “Phil? Phil??” (Groundhog Day:lmao:)

Ok, saw the Bat signal ... I do believe it is POG juice - and it's real and it's delicious!

Aw, your son really was not into the characters that morning! Bummer you didn't get to eat more - we really like the food there, though I definitely don't feel we were as rushed there

“I can! I can at 9am!” There was dead silence between DH and I along with awkward facial exchanges

great use of the Carl gif!

and very funny story - especially considering how excited and proud DM seemed to, in vact, stink at 9am :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Great update - love the gif video clips you're using to add to the story! And I understand your TR title now ;)
Shame the meal wasn't the best, we ate there a few years ago and had a good time.. I think that Boma has a slightly better buffet though and as it's not a character meal, a bit more relaxed :)

Emma x

OK you get MASSIVE THUMBS UP for King of Queens reference... the most underrated comedy of all time. And indeed that gif (and episode) is a perfect one for your split dinner plans.

I definitely love elements of AK, but I'm just not all in yet. Once they launch a nighttime show though... maybe...

I knew there was NO WAY you were losing this bet Alicia. None. I'm a little surprised hubby was that optimistic.

Uh oh... you can tell just by that first photo that DS was not loving this Duck coming to him. Although I do admire the differnt angles of capturing said horror.

:lmao: I had never heard somebody be so proud of Stinking at 9am or anytime for that matter.

I'm kinda ok with the food left on your plate EXCEPT for the Mickey Waffle. That's almost a deal breaker right there. ;)

Love the update!!

Tusker House is on my list. The juice sounds yummy!

Sorry DS had no love for the characters. It's such a hard call at this age!

Character meals are so expensive! It does seem hard to justify the cost especially if you feel rushed and the character experience isn't great.

Can't wait to hear more about your AK day!

Oh my goodness, the stink/sleep story is hilarious!!! :lmao: And I'm loving these little videos you're putting in. How do you find them? I must be the only person on here who doesn't know what a gif is...

Poor characters and DS's reactions. Makes for some great pictures though!

The character breakfast at Chef Mickey's was top notch. And also the one at the Poly with Lilo and Stitch. Hopefully he'll get back to enjoying the characters in a few years. And if not no big deal really.

Why are we leaving 45 minutes before breakfast... that DH :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter