I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG Calvin's faces in this update are just to funny. He starts out skeptical and then ends up in complete fear of Minnie. Oh well. He tried. :rotfl:

Despite Calvin's obvious skepticism you got some really fun pictures!

They had begun the decoration breakdown process.
Oh, wow, so weird to see it like that. :sad2:

And just like the assumed position on the Peoplemover, there is an assumed position on the monorail.
:lmao: Love it! Riding in style. :thumbsup2

“Mow, Mow, MOOOOW!” (Which means ‘No’ to you non-Calvin speakers :lmao:)
Thanks for the translation! :rotfl:

It’s so funny how quickly he turns from being excited to mortified!
Poor guy! He looks traumatized by Minnie's overpowering presence. :sad1:

If it makes you feel better, Izzy was character shy/fearful on our June trip and loved the heck out of them in August. :confused3 In case you want proof of June (since we still haven't made it to that TR :guilty: ), here's some lovely Photopass pictures from the much-coveted meet with Anna and Elsa (I'm dangling her by her hands because it usually made her smile back then :eek: ):

Even Anna & Elsa appear a bit perturbed. :rotfl:

Do You have any plans on returning in the near future? I know you just got back in September right? Which BTW, have you updated that TR??

Isn't it crazy the things we try to get done when the kids are napping?! Oh my gosh, once I put him down for his nap, I hurry up and workout, have a snack while trying to DIS for 20 mins, use the restroom :-)rotfl:), fold some laundry, empty the dishwasher all in two hours! What's supposed to be resting and relaxing for me during his nap, ends up being exhausting!

I know. I'm try to get so much done during nap time it is crazy and I feel like I still don't get anything done. Especially now that my oldest doesn't take a nap anymore.

After our trip we were thinking of going either this December or March of 2016 but I don't think we are because my daughter will be in pre-school. We took her out of school for our trip last year and were planning to do it again but this year school is going to be so different and she needs to know a lot. They prepare her for kindergarten and the common core here. It is totally different from when we went to school that I am afraid for her to miss any days so I said well we will have to wait for school vacations now, which I hate lol. I won't do that until they get a little older though. I don't want to deal with crowds and heat when they are this young. That might change though since I am having withdrawals lol. Update my TR I haven't even started it...haha. I forgot about it for awhile because it is hard with them to get on any of our devices. They want to use them right away and then by the time they are in bed I am ready to crash. Maybe I can try to start it this week. You just reminded me.

Hi :wave2: I know I'm super late to the party but I am following along and all caught up! I am loving this trip so far! Keep up the good work! :rotfl:

I had told DM and DH that the bus would be waiting for us at 10am (knowing that we could get down there whenever we want, really)

:rotfl:I have to do this to my DBF all the time! I tell him we have to be somewhere like an hour earlier than we need to be and we might just make it on time!!

Really, no one believed me about getting on the bus at 10. We actually didn’t get out of the room until 10:45, but I was trying to keep my cool

(10 million Lesha points for whoever names that movie!)

I LOVE West Side Story. Until I was around 8 I straight up thought all gangs acted like that :rolleyes1

And take in the delicious smells of the gingerbread house

I know for lots of people (Scrooges) ;), that as soon as December 26th hits, the Christmas decorations come down and the music stops. I love that at Disney, it’s January 2nd, the entire place is decorated, smells like Gingerbread and I still hear Christmas music.
This gingerbread house....:worship: for realz. I just want to live there. But on the down side I would be homeless pretty darn quick after I ate all my walls...and floors....and windows :rotfl:
If I had my way Christmas we start 1st January and end 31st December...:thumbsup2
Grinches gonna Grinch.

While I was checking out the Gingerbread house with DM, DH got a picture of DS trying to be adopted into a new family, sneakily. But the little girl caught him

:rotfl:
Hahahah!! That girl is just proper giving him the evils! "Oh no you better don't!" Your DS is just too adorbz!

And then I did something mean. I told DH to run with him through the fountain
Hey, if I can make him, I’m allowed to laugh at him from time to time! ::yes::
:lmao:OMG...you are totally the kind of mom I would be!

While we were walking, DH’s dancer was out in front of the restaurant waving (I guess to bring people in??) and I told him there was his woman. And DH started rubbernecking hard. So hard, he almost ran into the back of an older man walking and I had to grab the stroller to stop him! I just pointed at him and said, “Rubbernecking is dangerous!” He just laughed. Poor DH doesn't know how to properly rubberneck. Anyone professional rubberneckers out there that want to teach him?
:rotfl:Rubbernecking is an art! It's funny how so few men are actually skilled at it! Once when DBF and I were at a shopping mall and we pass the window of a lingerie shop where a woman was trying on the wears slightly in view and DBF was so busying rubbernecking that he walked straight into a pillar! It was hilarious! Not that he learned his lesson...:rolleyes1
DH had come back with his plate and sat down looking disgusted and said, “I don’t understand how people can stink at 9am.” And DM proclaimed rather proudly, “I can! I can at 9am!” There was dead silence between DH and I along with awkward facial exchanges

And she looked at DH and said, “What? You can too. If I wasn’t here, I would be right now.”

I was totally confused and asked, “Stink?! You can stink at 9am?!”

And she busted up laughing and thought he said ‘Sleep’ :rotfl2: All of us started laughing and DH was wondering why DM would be proud of stinking so early in the morning! This happened many times on this trip. DM needs a hearing aid.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And all I could think of was what Bloody Mary I was about to order

I think he already had his :rotfl::rotfl:

After the ride was over, we did exactly what the CM told me to. Run! "Run DS, momma needs her vodka!"
A woman after my own heart! Who needs water when there is perfectly good vodka to drink?:rotfl2:
We deserve an Oscar

:rotfl::rotfl:The nomination on its way to the Academy as we speak :thumbsup2

I have to say, it’s really catchy and I even caught myself dancing.

Nothing like spontaneous solo dancing in public...unless it is accompanied by spontaneous solo singing in public...:banana::banana::banana:

We got to see this pretty guy
Yep I thought that too!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I really, REALLY wanted to do the Naan bread service but a table of 6 next to me ordered it and I decided no way I was going to finish that and get an entrée.

I realized after I was almost all done with my plate, I probably could have ordered the Naan :rotfl: Did I mention how much I love food?
When in doubt just order more food. That's what I always do :thumbsup2

DH says, “Didn’t expect to see you so soon.”
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I could have decked him. “You said DS was being hysterical?!” “Oh, he’s fine now, you didn’t have to rush over.”

Not even exaggerating. He said those words.
I would have decked him! :lmao:You didn't get your beer or dessert?!?! It would have been justifiable, no jury would blame you...:rolleyes1.

So I ordered TWO desserts
::yes::::yes::::yes::
I told DM that DH had been adopted into another family and we should run for it. But DS was with him and he’s way too cute to give away, so I yelled at him when he started walking towards the entrance to the MK with them.

My DM does that sort of thing ALL.THE.TIME. Once she was so engrossed talking to this man at an event we were at that she actually ended up walking into the men's restroom with him! She didn't even realise! :rotfl2:

I quickly got dressed and ready, obnoxiously loud. You know. Trying to make as much noise as possible without looking like I was doing it on purpose. Thumbs up if you do that! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
One day DS will know to smile and not make such strange faces

I wouldn't count on it! I'm (slightly :rotfl:) older than your DS and I still make strange faces in pretty much every photo :crazy:
And I saw this woman come down this slide and she literally flew off at the end of the slide! She was wearing a dress and the slide itself was already super slippery, so she flew off, bounced a couple times and landed past the stairs which you’ll see in the next photo. What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:
OMG that sounds hilarious! I would have been cracking up so hard!! (I know I'm not a good person :rotfl:) But really lady what do you expect going down a slide in a short dress?? Way to keep it classy! :lmao:

And like the loving wife and mother I am, I took the camera out in case anything funny happened :cool2:
Seriously I am taking all my parenting advice for you!! :rotfl::rotfl:
I told him about the poor lady and the dress and of course he had to get all, “Which lady?! Dress? How short?!” :laughing: Such a perv.
Bahhhhhhhh!!! What a man!! :earseek:
And a close up of my shirt that I took later that night cause I love it so much

Okay this I want. So cute...mentally stealing it... :laundy::tiptoe:

I spotted a bar right outside of the Sci-Fi restaurant and suggested we talk over drinks :thumbsup2 Because drinks always lead to great ideas! ::yes::
Never has a truer word been spoken. You might just be my new favourite person! :rotfl: :cheer2:

Errrrrmmmmm...this looks AMAMZZZZING!! :drinking1

I was trying to get DM to try the margarita but she said she was thirsty, so a beer it is! And in minutes, seriously, probably 3, her beer was gone. And she said, “I told you I was thirsty!” “Geez mom, there’s like 5 bottles of water in the stroller” I said. “But water just doesn’t quench the way beer does.” True that mom, true dat.:rotfl:
Down in one! Never a golf term for me!! :rolleyes1
Now I see where you get it from! Got all the good genes there! :rotfl:

Told you guys there would be some good nose picking pics:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Keeping it classy :thumbsup2:rotfl::rotfl:
These two were in heaven with their milkshakes and their ‘tv’ so I had to take a picture of them. I don’t even think they noticed
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Awesome!

Goofy's a Giants hater?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::sad2:

I love that Calvin is such a good traveler :lovestruc

And I'm hella twisted because I just laughed and laughed at those character spot photos :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That had to be a bit cool though to see them take the Gingerbread apart.

I'm glad you had a good experience on the monorail (we never do :( ).

Awww....poor little guy. He liked them from afar, but not up close. :hug:

That's too funny about Goofy and your DH with his hat. Cute pictures (despite the unhappy little boy).

So sad that they were taking the Christmas decos down. I guess they have to come down sometime, though.

Love the picture of your DS on the Monorail. He is so cute. I just want to squeeze him! My 5 year old always holds her nose on the monorail, because apparently it stinks.

I LOL'd at your meet and greet pics. I'm sure he'll love the characters soon.

If anyone remembers, I was bummed about waking up late yesterday for DHS. And I made a promise to myself from this day forward, sleep was just not on the schedule.

Go mama go! Crack that whip!

In an hour we were out the door. Seriously, he really is the best travel mate. Always was ready to go before anyone else

Methinks he had help...

This was our first day of not using busses so we had to go through lobby and upstairs to the monorail station. But on the walk over to the lobby, we saw lots of debris on the ground leading up the main building. It was so un-Disney like. And then I noticed where all the mess was coming from.

Oh that's just sad, that stuff always is a buzz kill.

These lyrics popped into my head: “I wish that I could be like the cool kids, cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.”

OMG have you really read those lyrics? Messed up and sad.

Next up was DH’s favorite character and he was excited! Except Goofy was not excited to see DH. He was not a fan of his hat. I wish I had my camera out but was comforting DS, when Goofy came over to us while waiting in his line to meet him and ‘fixed’ DH’s hat so that it was backwards! :lmao: It was hilarious! DH fixed it before we went to meet him but Goofy still wasn’t having it

that is a riot!

This next meet just kills me. DS was getting excited for Minnie and again, tried to run up to her. And then it was our turn and he’d scream, “Mow, Mow, MOOOOW!” (Which means ‘No’ to you non-Calvin speakers :lmao:)

CLASSIC. Love this. I am so upset, I have a classic screaming santa picture of Evan that is totally missing. It HAS to be somewhere but for the life of me cannot find it.

Awww poor little guy. Sometimes they are so excited and then the reality of it hits them and BAM too much. Your DS is adorable though. That HAIR is amazing.

That's exactly what happened!

How luxurious to be able to just hop on the monorail over to Epcot...sigh. If only life was always like that! So cute how your son could be excited and then terrified...those are the best pictures to have in a few years though! I love his pose in the stroller on the monorail too...so cute!

Totally! I'm sure I have a few horrified pictures laying around my moms house somewhere meeting characters :rotfl2:

Wait... I thought you said you were getting up early!

Hey now! I was up and already dressed, hair and makeup did and making breakfast! Fine. I'll pat my ownself on the back :rotfl:

OK... As if I didn't think Calvin was awesome enough... CANADIA HAT!!!!:dance3: So jealous.

Did not even notice that!!! And that's his favorite beanie out of all of his beanies!

Ah Boo!!! Ok, you know what? I'm going to pretend that they are putting the decorations... Up.

Excellent point. But it was just so sad seeing them come down, i've never seen decorations coming down before at any park. I know it has to happen, but not while i'm there, gosh dangit!

I can only imagine the joy of staying at a Monorail resort. Because... Monorail.

::yes::

It's been far too long since I've taken the Monorail into Epcot. I love that it actually goes into the park, kinda like at Disneyland. Which I never got to do because it was in refurb. :sad:

Me too! Aw no, really? It really is such a cool aspect, getting to arrive to the park and being able to check out the crowds and stuff.

HAHAHA, I love Goofy. That's hysterical about not liking the hat. And also might I add... Canadia pants.

Of course! :rotfl2:

In fairness to poor Calvin, seeing the characters from afar, they do look at least somewhat normal. But when you get up close and they're as big or bigger than your parents, that's a lot to take in.

And honestly, everyone's going to be bigger than DH and I. I'm only 5'4" and DH is 5'7" :scared1:

Goofy hatin' on the Giants?!?! Oh no he didn't! I will make sure he regrets doing that...we have the same FP+ schedule for one of our Epcot days. It's on!! Go Giants!!

I'm totally busting up at your son's pictures...priceless memories! I think it's a requirement for all families to have shots of little ones bawling in front of Mickey Mouse. If you don't you can't make it into Disney heaven together or something. So fun reading through your last few updates despite all the craziness your family went through. Welcome back!

You've GOT to make sure your sporting the Giants hat when you go to Epcot. Hopefully it's the same person in the Goofy costume otherwise that person's going to be confused as h***! :rotfl:

I so agree! And apparently, not just in front of the main mouse, but in front of his whole crew!

I do love the convenience of the monorail resorts - especially when you have a stroller and don't need to get the kid out and fold it up, etc.

Calvin sounds pretty similar to how Peter was a couple of trips ago - like the concept of the characters and was intrigued from afar but when time came to go up for meets, was not interested ... and at character meals the only interaction is he would wave good bye to them when they left :rotfl2:

He was much better his next trip so hopefully Calvin just needs some more experience :thumbsup2

That was quite the Goofy! That's pretty funny about the hat.

I love this picture and Calvin seems just horrified and you two are smiling away :rotfl:

I just love being able to roll him right onto the monorail and not having to break down the stroller. Definitely worth the price of a Deluxe resort.

That's what i've been hearing when reading TR's. That kids will be terrified one trip and then months later, be so excited to meet them. Crazy how quickly they change their minds about things.

Goofy had to have been a Dodger fan. Or a dang Mets fan ;)

Totally not meaning to imply that! :blush: I just figured that even if you didn't see it first-hand, it was part of the pop culture. Plus it's on YouTube if you had not seen it - I mean, even if you were not born yet when the Beatles broke up, you probably saw the video of them on the Ed Sullivan Show - not that I'm trying to equate the Bangles with The Beatles! The only thing they have in common is their first and last 3 letters! :rotfl2:

Edited to add - And also that the first 4 letters of their names are violent words... "Bang" and "beat"...

:rotfl: Totally kidding! But you're right I did know the song and the video so knew what you were talking about. And love that you pointed out the viciousness of the group names! :lmao:

Guess I'm not one of the "cool kids", cause that lyric went completely over my head! ...Oh, who am I kidding, I haven't been a "kid" in decades! :rotfl:

Even though you don't know the song, you're still a cool adult in my book :thumbsup2 FYI, it's Cool Kids by Echosmith. :)

Um...Summer 2017. I like to plan ahead...

But really a necessity since I'm waiting for my 3 sons to be old enough for someone else to be able to handle them for several days/nights!

Hey, I totally understand planning ahead. I do that too, just so I have an idea of what's going on over the next few years. But solo would be awesome!

OMG, this is the perfect Disney gif! How did I not think of it sooner?!?! I may have to steal this for my next TR (if that's ok with you :laughing:)

Please take it, I didn't even make it! :rotfl2:

Ooooh, Mickey's getting a bit of the stink eye from Calvin..

Full on mean muggin'!

OH DEAR!!!!! The poor little guy :laughing: I thought this was going to turn into a success story when he seemed excited at first! Hopefully he grows out of his character fear. Or maybe he won't, and you'll take him when he's 12 and he'll have the exact same reaction...?!?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OK, no, let's hope he grows out of it :laughing:

:rotfl2: If that happens, you guys won't even see me at WDW, DLR or on the boards anymore at that point! Couldn't handle it!

We loved the Character Spot. Even though we did dinner at CMs, we still went there first thing. It's great have the photographers there!

Of course, it helps if your child enjoys meeting the characters. Poor guy - he was not pleased at all to be there. At least he enjoyed viewing them from afar!

This picture cracks me up. You and Minnie seem totally oblivious to what is going on right next door!

:rotfl: The Minnie pic seems to be a favorite amongst everyone here! But I gotta just 'keep on swimming' I guess! :lmao:

You just restored my faith in you.

:worship:

That always helps!

I think he knew that if he got in the stroller, we would be off to do something fun. Or maybe i'm over-thinking and he just totally loves sitting in his stroller:laughing:

I can see that. It would be sad, but at the same time, I'd be fascinated to see the tear down process in action.

I know it has to happen, but not during my vacation dang it!:snooty:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Just kicked back and chillin.

Completely in his element! I'm telling ya, it's something about the stroller that he loves.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: There's something to be said for realistic expectations.

That's exactly how DS was when he was around his age. Don't worry, he'll get over it and love meeting them before you know it.

I hope so. As TheLittleKatie pointed out, maybe he'll never grow out of it and when he's 12 he'll be throwing the same fits :scared: You guys would never see me on here again if that happens :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That is awesome. I mean it would have been even funnier if your DH was a Cardinals fan or something, but it is still funny.

I love how Goofy interacted with DH, it was the best!

I love how you and your DH are both posing and smiling like everything is fine, while he's in all out meltdown mode. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The show must go on :rotfl:

Still sleeping in, I see. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Oh what the?! Hey! I was fully dressed, ready to go and making breakfast. Just because you couldn't sleep in on your SW/DLR trip doesn't mean you gotta hate.

haters.jpg

Aw, man...

Yep. I know it has to happen, but wish I didn't have to see the Gingerbread house all nekkid.

Someday, I hope I get the chance to experience that.

Um...can I borrow some money?:confused3

:rotfl: :rotfl2::lmao: Honestly though, I hope one day you're able to also. Quite the experience!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: That just looks SO comfortable.

My kid will find any position and own it.

Mine too! :thumbsup2

Wow! I haven't met anyone else with Epcot being their favorite park! :hyper: Now we can be loners together! :thumbsup2

Suddenly, I really like Goofy. I think he might be my favorite character now.:rolleyes1

Okay Mark. Really? We connected on our favorite park being Epcot and now this. You've put me in a terrible position where I'm forced to reuse a meme.

haters.jpg

::yes::

I was going to say, 8:30 is still a little late getting going..... :rolleyes1 I mean that's a time that I would be up. :rotfl2:

Well when you put it that way, you're right!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

Nice that Calvin is always ready to go. Too bad about him being so Bi-Polar about meeting the characters, first he's excited and then he's terrified. You did get some hilarious pictures though with the two of you smiling away and he is mortified. :lmao: Hopefully he grows out of that phase soon.

Bipolar is the best word for it! :lmao: But someone's gotta smile for the camera right? Actually, it would have been really funny if DH and I started bawling too! Darn it, wish I'd thought of this sooner!

I have to say the same thing like Alison that around 8:30am is a little late to get up especially going to the parks when they can open at 8am (without EMH). I always like to go when the parks open first thing in the morning when it is quiet for the first hour to two until the crowds come later in the afternoon.

:rotfl:It's not just you and Alison, but at least 2 other people have said that! Small steps I guess :rotfl2:

After reading your posts about Calvin not enjoying the characters when he is up close to them which he enjoys seeing them afar, this reminds me of my trip last month with DD4 where she was excited to see them afar but when got to see Anna & Elsa up close she started to cry the same thing. I was shocked to see how she responded while she was looking forward to seeing them during the trip. He will grow out when he gets older and will appreciate them later on. Your pictures with the characters are nice.[/QUOTE]

Really?! And those are face characters, i'm surprised with that one!

I'd probably still be sleeping at 8:30 but it seems that most people here are not impressed :laughing:

Those pictures of Calvin with the characters are absolutely priceless!

Did you notice that too?! :rotfl2: I'm getting pooped on over here with my lateness!

It's sad to say, i'm glad that I have those pictures to show him when he's older. I can show him what a cry baby he was!

BTW, I know you're not exactly in Baltimore, but how is your town doing with all these stupid riots? Been thinking about that.:goodvibes

Yay for the earlier start!!! :thumbsup2 As someone who subscribes to the "there's no sleeping at Disney" rule... I approve! :rotfl:

Ahhhh being at a monorail resort would be so amazing!!! How easy and convenient to Epcot and MK!!! :cloud9:

Awwww poor DS but those are some pretty amazing pictures you got... how fun will they be to show him when he's older! :laughing:

Thanks Tracy! Glad 2 people approve of my wake up call! :rotfl:

You have no idea how perfect it is! Transportation is just so effortless when you take the monorail. I love it!

:lmao: I'm so going to have to show all his GF's the pictures! Which BTW, why in the world do I think he's going to have more than one GF, cause that's so not going to be allowed :rotfl:

Completely dying over here from your son's reactions to the characters. He is so gonna loathe these photos when he is older. Mine was good with the characters from the get go, but evil Mommy inside me secretly wanted one of her screaming or crying or something. Nothing to do any permanent damage, just some good fodder for years to come ; ) Yep Mom of the year right here ; )

:lmao::rotfl: Aw what you're so lucky though! Hopefully we'll get there one day.

Attachments

• haters.jpg
    haters.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG Calvin's faces in this update are just to funny. He starts out skeptical and then ends up in complete fear of Minnie. Oh well. He tried. :rotfl:

Despite Calvin's obvious skepticism you got some really fun pictures!

Is it bad that I really like our pictures too?! :rotfl2: Tears and all!

Oh, wow, so weird to see it like that. :sad2:

I wanted to run over there and start undoing what they were doing!

:lmao: Love it! Riding in style. :thumbsup2

Totally arriving to Epcot like, "What? Just taking a ride in the sky, no big deal!" :lmao:

Thanks for the translation! :rotfl:

Didn't want people to think we've already got him trained with the mower or anything!

Poor guy! He looks traumatized by Minnie's overpowering presence. :sad1:

And me and DH are all :teeth::teeth:

If it makes you feel better, Izzy was character shy/fearful on our June trip and loved the heck out of them in August. :confused3 In case you want proof of June (since we still haven't made it to that TR :guilty: ), here's some lovely Photopass pictures from the much-coveted meet with Anna and Elsa (I'm dangling her by her hands because it usually made her smile back then :eek: ):

Even Anna & Elsa appear a bit perturbed. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl: I love the bottom picture where it looks like you're just laughing, having the best time!:lmao:

I know. I'm try to get so much done during nap time it is crazy and I feel like I still don't get anything done. Especially now that my oldest doesn't take a nap anymore.

After our trip we were thinking of going either this December or March of 2016 but I don't think we are because my daughter will be in pre-school. We took her out of school for our trip last year and were planning to do it again but this year school is going to be so different and she needs to know a lot. They prepare her for kindergarten and the common core here. It is totally different from when we went to school that I am afraid for her to miss any days so I said well we will have to wait for school vacations now, which I hate lol. I won't do that until they get a little older though. I don't want to deal with crowds and heat when they are this young. That might change though since I am having withdrawals lol. Update my TR I haven't even started it...haha. I forgot about it for awhile because it is hard with them to get on any of our devices. They want to use them right away and then by the time they are in bed I am ready to crash. Maybe I can try to start it this week. You just reminded me.

Ugh common core. I just don't get it. I'm nervous for DS. But you're right, if she misses days, she could be totally thrown off and not know what's going on. It's like they're making it difficult for us to take our kids out of school!

Well if/whenever you start it, i'll be there! :)

Hi :wave2: I know I'm super late to the party but I am following along and all caught up! I am loving this trip so far! Keep up the good work! :rotfl:

Wow (to all the responses you made! Super impressed!), Hi and Thank you! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:I have to do this to my DBF all the time! I tell him we have to be somewhere like an hour earlier than we need to be and we might just make it on time!!

So glad it's just not me lying to my Significant other! :rotfl2:

I LOVE West Side Story. Until I was around 8 I straight up thought all gangs acted like that :rolleyes1

Uh...me too. :blush:
This gingerbread house....:worship: for realz. I just want to live there. But on the down side I would be homeless pretty darn quick after I ate all my walls...and floors....and windows :rotfl:
If I had my way Christmas we start 1st January and end 31st December...:thumbsup2
Grinches gonna Grinch.

:rotfl: Hahahah!! That girl is just proper giving him the evils! "Oh no you better don't!" Your DS is just too adorbz!

Grinches gonna Grinch!!!! :lmao: I love this and must steal this please and thanks!

:lmao:OMG...you are totally the kind of mom I would be!

You just have to be able to have fun with your child like that...at their expense of course!

:rotfl:Rubbernecking is an art! It's funny how so few men are actually skilled at it! Once when DBF and I were at a shopping mall and we pass the window of a lingerie shop where a woman was trying on the wears slightly in view and DBF was so busying rubbernecking that he walked straight into a pillar! It was hilarious! Not that he learned his lesson...:rolleyes1
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl2: What a great story, too bad he hasn't learned though. Don't think they ever do, do they?

A woman after my own heart! Who needs water when there is perfectly good vodka to drink?

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:rotfl::rotfl:The nomination on its way to the Academy as we speak :thumbsup2

Haven't received any Academy mail or anything so...

Nothing like spontaneous
solo dancing in public...unless it is accompanied by spontaneous solo singing in public...:banana::banana::banana:

Yikes, i'll spare everyone my singing and keep to the awful dancing!:laughing:

I would have decked him! :lmao:
You didn't get your beer or dessert?!?! It would have been justifiable, no jury would blame you...:rolleyes1.

Techincally, I got my first beer with dinner, but I didn't get my planned second one at the bar there. So probably not a full deck, but a solid slap would have sufficed!

My DM does that sort of thing ALL.THE.TIME. Once she was so engrossed talking to this man at an event we were at that she actually ended up walking into the men's restroom with him! She didn't even realise!

Can you imagine if your DM and my DH ended up talking to each other, who knows where they would end up! :laughing:

I wouldn't count on it! I'm (slightly :rotfl:) older than your DS and I still make strange faces in pretty much every photo :crazy:

:rotfl: Lol'ed at the slightly!

OMG that sounds hilarious
! I would have been cracking up so hard!! (I know I'm not a good person :rotfl:) But really lady what do you expect going down a slide in a short dress?? Way to keep it classy! :lmao:

I'm not a good person either cause I was totally giggling!

Seriously I am taking all my parenting advice for you!!

I mean, I have to have something good to show you guys in case something happens right?!
Bahhhhhhhh!!! What a man!!

Of course!
Okay this I
want. So cute...mentally stealing it... :laundy::tiptoe:

Do it!

Never has a truer word been spoken. You might just be my new favourite

Ready to hang out when you are! ::yes::

Errrrrmmmmm...this looks AMAMZZZZING!!

It really was so delicious.

Keeping it classy

Nose picking + dresses flying = classiest day ever!:lmao:

Goofy's a Giants hater?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::sad2:

I love that Calvin is such a good traveler :lovestruc

And I'm hella twisted because I just laughed and laughed at those character spot photos :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know, when you go, sport all your Giants gear Tania!

What does that make me?! Triple twisted (like the Vodka!) for posting them! :lmao:

That had to be a bit cool though to see them take the Gingerbread apart.

I'm glad you had a good experience on the monorail (we never do :( ).

Awww....poor little guy. He liked them from afar, but not up close. :hug:

That's too funny about Goofy and your DH with his hat. Cute pictures (despite the unhappy little boy).

Um, no Kathy, it wasn't cool it all! :rotfl: The Gingerbread house was naked and I was sad.

Oh my, what's happened with you guys on the monorail?

Yep, was not fond of any of them. It's just so funny cause he knows who they are and loves watching them at home, just not in person. Guess likes seeming them about 6 inches tall on the iPad and not 6 feet tall:rotfl:

So sad that they were taking the Christmas decos down. I guess they have to come down sometime, though.

Love the picture of your DS on the Monorail. He is so cute. I just want to squeeze him! My 5 year old always holds her nose on the monorail, because apparently it stinks.

I LOL'd at your meet and greet pics. I'm sure he'll love the characters soon.

I know, I kinda thought they took all the stuff down in the middle of the night? :confused3

:rotfl:Hmm, now I gotta take a good sniff on the monorail next time to see what she smells!

I LOL'ed too! :lmao: So bad!

Go mama go! Crack that whip!

I did! And not to everyone's liking here, as it's not that early :rotfl2:

Methinks he had help...

Perhaps a little :blush: BUT I never told him to get in his stroller, he did that all by himself!

Oh that's just sad, that stuff always is a buzz kill.

I've never visited when they start to tear down things, so it was sad to see the GF one day be this Winter Wonderland to the plain, old gorgeous GF.

OMG have you really read those lyrics? Messed up and sad.

Not completely! I just know the chorus!

that is a riot!

It really was! Love that Goofy was like, "Alright kid, you don't want to play with me, i'll play with your Dad instead!":rotfl2:

CLASSIC. Love this. I am so upset, I have a classic screaming santa picture of Evan that is totally missing. It HAS to be somewhere but for the life of me cannot find it.

Okay I have something better than a picture with Santa. I have video! How awful am I?! :rotfl:

Monday, January 5, 2015

Epcot!

First Completed Goal of the day

Once that mess at the Character Spot was all over with, it was time. Time for something I haven’t been on since 2010. You see, in 2012, when DS was 2 months old, we were waiting in line about to board when we smelled something gnarly. A big, massive blowout from yours truly. DH. :rotfl2: JK, DS had gone all up his back and onesie, so we quickly got out of line and went to change him. Me, being the brand new mom and all :rolleyes2 (C
ome on, i've only been a mom for 2 months at this point! I'm not counting the 'inside me' months cause that was just too easy!) forgot to pack extra clothing for these very mishaps. So we ditched the ride idea and went in search of clothes for him. 2012 – DS was napping at a time when he really needed to nap. That was way more important (for my sanity! And I guess his too ::yes::) so we skipped the ride. 2015 – it’s happening!

Of course, it’s not Soarin’ (probably what most of you were thinking) but it's Epcot’s second most popular ride!

It’s Living with the Land, Epcot’s 3rd worst ride next to Ellen and Figment (sorry @awdwfan). Side Note – This is based off of WDW population in general, not my personal opinion. Just thought I’d get that off my chest. ::yes::

And we actually waited in the queue for 15 minutes to ride if you can believe it! So of course, to pass the time, selfies were taken

Complete with Boogie pickin' pics

Once we got to the front, right as we were about to board the boat, I looked at DH and said, “It’s happening, we’re getting on!” And DH said, “Something smells.” No. No freaking way. But I smelled it too. DS created a bomb. :scared1: But at this point it was too late. When DS goes, he doesn’t like to sit down (obviously!) but we managed to keep him on the edge of the bench for the ride without much whining.

And I only managed 2 pictures

But both DS and DM really enjoyed it so big win for me!

Immediately after the ride, we visited that exact same bathroom (the companion restroom if anyone wants to know. Love those so DH and I can tag team!) that we took DS to when he was 2 months. Ah, memories.:laughing: Also, what's up with pooping in the queue of this ride?:confused3

So what was next? The second worst ride according to the general population

Journey into Imagination with Figment. Can’t you tell from the queue pic?

Yeah no, because no one ever waited the posted 20 minute wait to see the queue. Except we did. WTH? Why am I waiting 20 minutes for this? :confused3 Spoiler alert for the rest of the trip: Rides that aren’t ever supposed to have waits, always ended up being at least a 15 minute wait.

Okay, so from the time we got in line to the time we loaded it took 15 minutes not 20. I’ll take the 5 minute gain!

Even though I’m still a noob to WDW (first trip in 2008), I’ve enjoyed this ride every time! DH on the other hand, hates it. The way he hates the stitch attraction over at MK. The way he hates the Dodgers. The way he hates Apples. The way he hates when I catch him rubbernecking:rolleyes2 You get the picture. He thinks Figment is annoying. BUT, he, dare I say,enjoyed it? :scared1: Probably because DS really, really liked it. Even the loud ‘BOOM’ part during the hearing section that I was nervous about!

Perhaps Figment gained 2 new fans this day! :figment:

Once we exited the ride, we hung around the play area, ImageWorks, to let DS run around a bit

He loved running around with the other kids and standing on top of the musical pads

We hung around for at least 15 minutes there before having to literally carry him out of there and strap him down into his stroller :rotfl2: Poor kid, but we got other fun stuff to do.

Like Nemo!

I know I took a picture of DH in the next clamshell over playing Candy Crush. We’re totally getting a final count at the end of this TR of how many pics I got of him playing, BTW :rolleyes1

DS liked pointing out Nemo during the ride so that was cute and he definitely enjoyed it!

After Nemo, we did hang around the Living Seas area for a little bit looking at all the fish

Okay, well there's no fish in these pictures :lmao: but I promise we did see some!

It was 12:15 by the time we exited the Living Seas and we were hungry! But we still had our Test Track FP at 1:30. Yes we could have stayed around and had lunch at Sunshine Seasons but DH had a great plan to eat lunch and drink wine over at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. So I hopped on the MDE app to see if we could switch around the TT FP and I was able to switch it to a later time and took a picture to remember

I do love the convenience that comes along with FP+. Being able to switch times if needed.

As we were walking towards the World Showcase, I asked if we could walk around the Canada way instead of through Mexico because, "We never walk that way when we enter”. Of course, I had an ulterior motive by coming this way :ssst: :tiptoe:) and it would give me the opportunity to knock one more thing off my To-Do List.

Last edited:
I am ROFL that your little guy poops everytime you are in line for LWTL. Now you know where to take him if he is ever backed up!!

Me, being the brand new mom and all :rolleyes2 (Come on, i've only been a mom for 2 months at this point! I'm not counting the 'inside me' months cause that was just too easy!) forgot to pack extra clothing for these very mishaps. So we ditched the ride idea and went in search of clothes for him.
Rookie mistakes. They get the best of us all. You're just lucky you made it 2 months before learning this one... :rolleyes1

Of course, it’s not Soarin’ (probably what most of you were thinking) but it's Epcot’s second most popular ride!
Well, of course it isn't Soarin. Even a rookie parent wouldn't take a 2 month old into the queue for that one.

It’s Living with the Land, Epcot’s 3rd worst ride next to Ellen and Figment (sorry @awdwfan). Side Note – This is based off of WDW population in general, not my personal opinion. Just thought I’d get that off my chest. ::yes::
haters-jpg.91676

I had to sit here and think about it. I love Living with the Land. And Figment for that matter. But if you think about the sheer volume of rides at EPCOT, or lack thereof, I can't argue too strongly against it. I think I'd move it ahead of Nemo and It's a Small Mexico, but there's no way I could rank it ahead of rides like TT, Soarin, MS or SSE.

And we actually waited in the queue for 15 minutes to ride if you can believe it! So of course, to pass the time, selfies were taken
15 minutes??? Thank you, FP+. :headache:

Complete with Boogie pickin' pics
Well, you know, just keepin it real.

Once we got to the front, right as we were about to board the boat, I looked at DH and said, “It’s happening, we’re getting on!” And DH said, “Something smells.” No. No freaking way. But I smelled it too. DS created a bomb.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Did they give you your own private boat???

But at this point it was too late. When DS goes, he doesn’t like to sit down (obviously!) but we managed to keep him on the edge of the bench for the ride without much whining.

And I only managed 2 pictures
Oh well, at least you got to ride.

Immediately after the ride, we visited that exact same bathroom (the companion restroom if anyone wants to know. Love those so DH and I can tag team!) that we took DS to when he was 2 months. Ah, memories.:laughing: Also, what's up with pooping in the queue of this ride?:confused3
Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they fertilize the plants with fish poop? Maybe he just wants to do his part to help. :confused3 :rotfl2:

Journey into Imagination with Figment. Can’t you tell from the queue pic?
:eek: :faint:

Yeah no, because no one ever waited the posted 20 minute wait to see the queue. Except we did. WTH? Why am I waiting 20 minutes for this? :confused3 Spoiler alert for the rest of the trip: Rides that aren’t ever supposed to have waits, always ended up being at least a 15 minute wait.
Yep, I definitely noticed the same in a few instances during our trip. FP+ really inflates some of the lines that used to never be lines.

Even though I’m still a noob to WDW (first trip in 2008), I’ve enjoyed this ride every time! DH on the other hand, hates it. The way he hates the stitch attraction over at MK. The way he hates the Dodgers. The way he hates Apples. The way he hates when I catch him rubbernecking:rolleyes2 You get the picture.
I like Figment... but I can't really say I blame him. The original Figment was much, much better.
Perhaps Figment gained 2 new fans this day! :figment:
Woohoo!! I'm glad he liked it!

We hung around for at least 15 minutes there before having to literally carry him out of there and strap him down into his stroller :rotfl2: Poor kid, but we got other fun stuff to do.
Yeah, I've carried upset kids out of there more than once. They definitely have a post show that kids that age just love.

But I can't believe he doesn't want to be in the stroller this time. What happened to that???? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I know I took a picture of DH in the next clamshell over playing Candy Crush. We’re totally getting a final count at the end of this TR of how many pics I got of him playing, BTW :rolleyes1
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I can't blame him though. That ride is the perfect opportunity to get the phone out and check Facebook and play a game.

As we were walking towards the World Showcase, I asked if we could walk around the Canada way instead of through Mexico because, "We never walk that way when we enter”. Of course, I had an ulterior motive by coming this way :ssst: :tiptoe:) and it would give me the opportunity to knock one more thing off my To-Do List.
Hmmm... I can't wait to see what you're up to.

Oh those Living with the Land and Figment haters! Andy (awdfan) how do we put up with them? ;)

Love the selfies...even the nose-pickin' one.

I cannot belive that DS had a bomb yet again as you were getting on the Land. My youngest son's favorite place to pull that off? Ellen...Universe of Energy. You do know how long that ride is to sit and smell that diaper, don't you? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great video of DS playing in the Imagination section.

I'm so happy that DS enjoyed Nemo. DH playing a game on the ride? Shame on him. :eek:

Ooooh...now you have my curiosity up as to what you had never done that you wanted to enter via Canada?

Rookie mistakes. They get the best of us all. You're just lucky you made it 2 months before learning this one... :rolleyes1

Confession: I have forgotten to pack diapers multiple times since then :blush:

Well, of course it isn't Soarin. Even a rookie parent wouldn't take a 2 month old into the queue for that one.

Would you have been surprised though? Look at all my mistakes so far!

I had to sit here and think about it. I love Living with the Land. And Figment for that matter. But if you think about the sheer volume of rides at EPCOT, or lack thereof, I can't argue too strongly against it. I think I'd move it ahead of Nemo and It's a Small Mexico, but there's no way I could rank it ahead of rides like TT, Soarin, MS or SSE.

Agreed. For me, i'd actually move it after Nemo but definitely before Ellen and Mexican SW.

15 minutes??? Thank you, FP+. :headache:

Guess this is the way of Disney life now. :sad2:

Well, you know, just keepin it real.

Of course, that's what he's all about, whether he wants to or not :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Did they give you your own private boat???

We totally should have! :lmao: I figured the stench of fish would overtake the smell of bombs :confused3

Oh well, at least you got to ride.

With the extra cargo in tow :rotfl:

Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they fertilize the plants with fish poop? Maybe he just wants to do his part to help. :confused3 :rotfl2:.

Good answer, i'll take it!

Yeah I was a bit disappointed walking up and seeing the wait. Couldn't believe Figment was that long during the 'Slow' season :confused3

Yep, I definitely noticed the same in a few instances during our trip. FP+ really inflates some of the lines that used to never be lines.

It really does. Rides I used to 'use' as a time waster are no longer in the rotation for that reason unfortunately.

I like Figment... but I can't really say I blame him. The original Figment was much, much better.

Wish I could have experienced that one!

Woohoo!! I'm glad he liked it!

DS or DH? At this point, I was more concerned with DH liking it than DS :rotfl:

Yeah, I've carried upset kids out of there more than once. They definitely have a post show that kids that age just love.

:rotfl2: I haven't seen one dry eye leave that place!

But I can't believe he doesn't want to be in the stroller this time. What happened to that???? :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Guess making music took precedence over the stroller :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I can't blame him though. That ride is the perfect opportunity to get the phone out and check Facebook and play a game.

But then you miss all the fun that Dory provides!! :confused3

Hmmm... I can't wait to see what you're up to.

:hyper:

Oh those Living with the Land and Figment haters! Andy (awdfan) how do we put up with them? ;)

I agree Kathy! I really like both rides but DH just can't deal with Figment and his singing.

Love the selfies...even the nose-pickin' one.

:scared: :rotfl2:

I cannot belive that DS had a bomb yet again as you were getting on the Land. My youngest son's favorite place to pull that off? Ellen...Universe of Energy. You do know how long that ride is to sit and smell that diaper, don't you? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OH NO!!! :rotfl::rotfl2: That would be just awful! :lmao: Poor you, hope you got a margarita afterwards to reward yourself!

Great video of DS playing in the Imagination section.

Thanks!

I'm so happy that DS enjoyed Nemo. DH playing a game on the ride? Shame on him. :eek:

Oh Kathy, multiple times this happened over the course of the trip. Is there Candy Crush Anonymous?! Cause he needs it :rotfl:

Ooooh...now you have my curiosity up as to what you had never done that you wanted to enter via Canada?

:hyper:

I am ROFL that your little guy poops everytime you are in line for LWTL. Now you know where to take him if he is ever backed up!!

Everytime so far! Next time we go, i'm DEFINITELY asking him if he needs to use the restroom before we get in line. This is not a tradition I wish to continue :rotfl:

Another great update from EPCOT during your trip. I always enjoy going on The Land every time I am at EPCOT. You took a lot of selfie pictures during this latest post and they are all very nice. The video of DS at the Imagination area was great.

Well, there aren't that many rides in EPCOT so I guess 3rd worst is that bad ... but we are big fans of LWTL so would prefer to think of it in a positive light ;)

"so what did you think about the ride?" "Well, it kind of stinks!"

I like Figment the character but the latest ride isn't great - definitely miss the Dreamfinder (or at least have positive memories of the original ride)

Definitely want to check out Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar at some point so hope you liked it ... and that your secret plan worked out ;)

... and strap him down into his stroller :rotfl2: Poor kid, but we got other fun stuff to do.
"STOP HAVING FUN! WE HAVE TO LEAVE TO GO HAVE DIFFERENT FUN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!"

Another great update from EPCOT during your trip. I always enjoy going on The Land every time I am at EPCOT. You took a lot of selfie pictures during this latest post and they are all very nice. The video of DS at the Imagination area was great.

Thanks! Aside from the meltdown at the Character Spot, it's been a pretty good day. And it will only get better from here! :hyper:

Well, there aren't that many rides in EPCOT so I guess 3rd worst is that bad ... but we are big fans of LWTL so would prefer to think of it in a positive light ;)

I like it too! Unfortunately, it ranks below TT, Soarin' and even SE for most people. Actually, for me, Soarin' isn't even up there! I think I got Soarin'd out over at DCA. Still haven't even experienced at WDW yet!

"so what did you think about the ride?" "Well, it kind of stinks!"

:worship::rotfl2:

I like Figment the character but the latest ride isn't great - definitely miss the Dreamfinder (or at least have positive memories of the original ride)

I wish I could have experienced all the older rides that they offered at Epcot.

Definitely want to check out Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar at some point so hope you liked it ... and that your secret plan worked out ;)

It is the BEST spot for an appetizer lunch! There's hardly ever anyone in there, so seating isn't a problem and they have lots of small dishes that are great for sharing. Totally recommend!

"STOP HAVING FUN! WE HAVE TO LEAVE TO GO HAVE DIFFERENT FUN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!"

Pretty much :rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter