I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

Hi everyone, i'm back!

Hope everyone had a great Easter and Spring break if you've had it already. Vegas was lots of fun! In fact, it ended up being a free trip to Vegas plus a pair of Oakleys, a pair of Ray-Bans and an extra 30 bucks in our pocket. :cool1::banana: DH did AMAZING at Craps and it was so nice seeing him so happy for once in a very long time, especially after the health scare. Speaking of that, still the same, no better or worse. I was concerned about the lights and the smoke but it didn't hurt him so it ended up being a very nice, dare I say, relaxing trip:eek: Does relaxing and Vegas even go together??:confused3

So now i'm back and have a TR update for you guys! Just waiting on the final video upload and i'll post here in about 5 minutes, and then you guys won't see me here on my thread for a while since it will take a week for me to catch up on all my subscribed threads! :scared1::rotfl:

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Slippery Slides

After our ride on ToT, we had no other plans until our Sci Fi reservation at 6:00pm so we started walking around and then I remembered to go by the popcorn cart to check out what reusable travel mugs they had and I loved one in particular and got it

But I am sad to report that DH dropped it on his way into work a few weeks ago and it completely shattered :sad: He did feel bad about it and I asked about going back to WDW to buy me a new one. He said we’ll see. :rolleyes1

We walked to the Animation Courtyard to see if any characters were out just in case DS wanted to meet one. He saw Jake coming and Jake even waved at him while he was in the stroller

And DS said, “Mow?” Which translates to 'No' :rotfl2: He still says no this way and I don’t know why he says no in question form :rotfl:

We thought now would be a good time to check out Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set for DS to run around. And it was packed! DH and I have been in there before and it had always been empty but there were kids all over the place. And adults!

"
"

DH then took DS on the big camera film slide so I stood kind of far away from the bottom to keep the walkway open. And I saw this woman come down this slide and she literally flew off at the end of the slide! She was wearing a dress and the slide itself was already super slippery, so she flew off, bounced a couple times and landed past the stairs which you’ll see in the next photo. What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:

So after I saw that happen and then see another kid nearly fly off the same way, I knew to stand right at the bottom since DH had no clue how fast it was going to be. And we all know DH was going to try to take this fast since the slides over at AK got him stuck :lmao:

And like the loving wife and mother I am, I took the camera out in case anything funny happened :cool2: Don’t worry I yelled at him before he started sliding down that it was fast. You don’t think I’m that cruel do you?!

He said it was really slippery. I told him about the poor lady and the dress and of course he had to get all, “Which lady?! Dress? How short?!” :laughing: Such a perv.

Next on my to do list, was to take a picture on the speeder bike near Star Tours with our matching shirts

And a close up of my shirt that I took later that night cause I love it so much

After our picture, we did what I always plan NOT to happen. We had the dreaded conversation: “What do you want to do?” “I dunno, what do you want to do?” Back and forth while we were walking. :headache: I spotted a bar right outside of the Sci-Fi restaurant and suggested we talk over drinks :thumbsup2 Because drinks always lead to great ideas! ::yes::

I’m usually a beer type of girl, but I just wasn’t in the mood. But the Gumdrop sounded delicious so I went with that

I was trying to get DM to try the margarita but she said she was thirsty, so a beer it is! And in minutes, seriously, probably 3, her beer was gone. And she said, “I told you I was thirsty!” “Geez mom, there’s like 5 bottles of water in the stroller” I said. “But water just doesn’t quench the way beer does.” True that mom, true dat.:rotfl:

DH mentioned to DM that ‘they’ should go to the Tune-In Lounge for drinks. What the??:confused3:confused3What am I, chopped liver? DS was asleep in the stroller so I suggested they take DS with them and I go do something that I’ve been DYING to do forever. They agreed and we all split up.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

One Man's Dream

So where was I off to?

I tried to go back in 2013 while DH and DM were at the Tune-In Lounge drinking (do we see a tradition forming here?! ::yes::) and I had DS sleeping in the stroller, but they don’t allow strollers so my plan was thwarted. This year, I was determined to check this place out.

Uh hello fav childhood movie!

I LOVED this place! And of course, I stuck around for the movie at the end and it was wonderful. And like clockwork, about 5 minutes into the movie DH called asking if I was done. :rolleyes: I texted him that I was staying for the movie and would go straight over after.

I knew the hat was coming down soon and I wanted to get as many photos as possible, but i'll spare you with one.

When I got to the Tune-In Lounge, it was packed but they had managed to score the ‘living room’ seating area all to themselves, stroller included (because DS was sleeping!)

DH was paying when I had walked in and DM had made the suggestion of walking through a few shops before our dinner in an hour. Uh oh. DM has had a few drinks and she wants to shop. Not a good combination:scared:

Long story short, we managed to dissuade her from purchasing almost all of the items in the Villans in Vogue shop. :rotfl2: At one point, we had seen this shirt for DS that I absolutely loved

but it was never available in the size we were looking for.

One hour goes by rather quickly when you keep putting items back up on their shelves :rotfl2: and it was already time to check in at Sci-Fi!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

The hostess said it would be about a 5-10 minute wait so we played around in the car

Told you guys there would be some good nose picking pics:thumbsup2:rotfl:

It only took 5 minutes for us to get called and lead to our vehicle that we shared with a mother and daughter who dined in the backseat. I was concerned for their experience so I volunteered the front for DS and me.

Our view

We all knew what we were getting before we even checked in.

Onion Rings to share

The burger that I shared with DM (which worked out perfectly!)

Along with a chocolate shake for dessert

These two were in heaven with their milkshakes and their ‘tv’ so I had to take a picture of them. I don’t even think they noticed

DS did so well here, surprisingly. And of course, my milkshake kept him quiet for a long time :worship:

DM asked our waitress if she could take a picture of us in our car and she was super nice about it and took a few. This was the only decent one of DS :rotfl2:

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Osborne Lights!

After dinner it was time for something we knew DS would absolutely love!

And love he did! He was being goofy the whole time we were there!

Going for the nostril!

I also took a few videos

"
"

"
"

And he loved the snoap!

And DH found a PP photographer

Anyone seen the movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix? I totally looked like this trying to get these panoramic shots

herspinning2.gif

As we were exiting DS had spotted Goofy doing meet and greets but the line was way too long so we stood at the start of the line just so he could see him and DS was trying to get his attention in between guests

And Goofy finally looked when DS wasn’t looking :rotfl:

I knew this was our last day here at DHS until who knows when, so some more Hat shots

Once we made it out of the park, I asked DH if we could now get a picture in front of the tree and as we were walking he was like, “See doesn’t it look much prettier at night?!”

And right as we were waiting for a family to get done taking pictures with the PP photographer, the photographer looked at us and said, “I’m so sorry guys I was supposed to be off the clock a few minutes ago and I told this family they would be my last shots of the night and I’m honestly really tired right now but maybe you can find someone walking by to take your pictures for you.” We all totally understood. It sucked but I bet it would be hard as a PP photographer to try and get away from a really popular, pretty spot without folks coming up to them. Luckily as she was talking to us, a younger girl had walked up asking about getting her picture taken by the photographer and I told her what was happening and that I’d take her picture if she took ours. Worked out great!

She was telling us how this was her very last night in the Disney College Program and that she was collecting PP pictures with her graduation cap on in certain poses and this was her last shot I felt bad that she couldn’t capture the very last picture she was trying to get, so I ended up taking at least 10 shots for her and she was really grateful.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Perfect View

We made it back to the GF in no time, in fact it was still close to 8:30, so we walked around for a bit

I went into Basin where I bought this to try out in the tub that night since we had made it back early

:cloud9:

When we got back to the room, we started getting situated for the night and started hearing booms outside and knew it was the fireworks over at the MK! I ran to the balcony to see if we could catch any of it

I couldn’t believe the amazing view we had! DS was totally enjoying the fireworks which was something DH and I had been discussing before the trip, debating about getting FP’s to see Wishes but decided against it. Looking back, I really wish we had done it. However, nothing beats watching it from the balcony of your villa!

I took some video but it’s a bit shaky for some reason

"
"

"
"

We all took showers (a bath for me!) and went to sleep fairly early tonight because there was no WAY we would be waking up late again like we had that morning!

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a great Easter and Spring break if you've had it already. Vegas was lots of fun! In fact, it ended up being a free trip to Vegas plus a pair of Oakleys, a pair of Ray-Bans and an extra 30 bucks in our pocket. :cool1::banana: DH did AMAZING at Craps and it was so nice seeing him so happy for once in a very long time, especially after the health scare.
Wow!!! Happy Birthday indeed!

I'm glad you had a good time in Vegas. Sorry he's not feeling any better yet though.

But I am sad to report that DH dropped it on his way into work a few weeks ago and it completely shattered :sad: He did feel bad about it and I asked about going back to WDW to buy me a new one. He said we’ll see. :rolleyes1
Seems like a good reason to me.

DH then took DS on the big camera film slide so I stood kind of far away from the bottom to keep the walkway open. And I saw this woman come down this slide and she literally flew off at the end of the slide! She was wearing a dress and the slide itself was already super slippery, so she flew off, bounced a couple times and landed past the stairs which you’ll see in the next photo. What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:
Some people just have a hard time thinking before they do things... :rolleyes1

And like the loving wife and mother I am, I took the camera out in case anything funny happened :cool2: Don’t worry I yelled at him before he started sliding down that it was fast. You don’t think I’m that cruel do you?!
Oh, I wouldn't call that cruel at all. I call it doing your civic duty to document and report anything funny that happens.

Next on my to do list, was to take a picture on the speeder bike near Star Tours with our matching shirts
Great picture! And I do like the shirts.

I spotted a bar right outside of the Sci-Fi restaurant and suggested we talk over drinks :thumbsup2 Because drinks always lead to great ideas! ::yes::
It is a proven scientific fact!

I was trying to get DM to try the margarita but she said she was thirsty, so a beer it is! And in minutes, seriously, probably 3, her beer was gone. And she said, “I told you I was thirsty!” “Geez mom, there’s like 5 bottles of water in the stroller” I said. “But water just doesn’t quench the way beer does.” True that mom, true dat.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

DH mentioned to DM that ‘they’ should go to the Tune-In Lounge for drinks. What the??:confused3:confused3What am I, chopped liver? DS was asleep in the stroller so I suggested they take DS with them and I go do something that I’ve been DYING to do forever. They agreed and we all split up.
Hmmm... so you're sending your kid with them... to a bar. Now I'm starting to question your judgment. :rolleyes1

But I'm glad you got a chance to check out One Man's Dream. I really need to get in there sometime. Always so many things to do and so little time!

I LOVED this place! And of course, I stuck around for the movie at the end and it was wonderful. And like clockwork, about 5 minutes into the movie DH called asking if I was done. :rolleyes: I texted him that I was staying for the movie and would go straight over after.
Did he at least offer to have a drink waiting for you?

DM has had a few drinks and she wants to shop. Not a good combination:scared:
Better throw away some clothes. Time to make some room in the luggage!

At one point, we had seen this shirt for DS that I absolutely loved

but it was never available in the size we were looking for.
I know that feeling... :sad2:

These two were in heaven with their milkshakes and their ‘tv’ so I had to take a picture of them. I don’t even think they noticed
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Who doesn't love the Osborne lights???

And he loved the snoap!
Snoap... I like that one! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Anyone seen the movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix? I totally looked like this trying to get these panoramic shots
Well, it paid off. Great pictures.

And Goofy finally looked when DS wasn’t looking :rotfl:
Naturally.

She was telling us how this was her very last night in the Disney College Program and that she was collecting PP pictures with her graduation cap on in certain poses and this was her last shot I felt bad that she couldn’t capture the very last picture she was trying to get, so I ended up taking at least 10 shots for her and she was really grateful.
I'm glad you were able to share a little bit of Disney magic with her.

When we got back to the room, we started getting situated for the night and started hearing booms outside and knew it was the fireworks over at the MK! I ran to the balcony to see if we could catch any of it
Wow... maybe not a perfect view, but just being able to see some of Wishes from your room is a huge win in my book! :thumbsup2

Wow!! How awesome that you could see the fireworks right from your room!! What a fun day at DHS. I totally want to eat at that restaurant...I haven't taken my kids to DHS at all yet...but I'm slowly getting convinced that it's time...and I want to eat there when we do! The xmas tree did sure look pretty at night :). The lights there were amazing in general! Also....I'm hungry and want those fried pickles now please :))

:welcome: back!!!

:woohoo: a trip to Vegas AND you came out ahead. Hopefully that's a sign of great things to come.

Oooh clever girl. You break it (it being the mug), you bought it (It being another trip to WDW).

After our picture, we did what I always plan NOT to happen. We had the dreaded conversation: “What do you want to do?” “I dunno, what do you want to do?” Back and forth while we were walking. :headache:

Oh lord yes, we've ALL had that conversation. Making it much worse is that many of my recent trips (if not fully, at least party) have been solo. :blush:

Because drinks always lead to great ideas! ::yes::

And also bad but often fun ideas. :idea:

ONE MAN'S DREEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!! :love: I am so glad that you watched the movie. It's perfect.

Haha, yeah I'm sure my mother has some nose picking pics as well. Of course she doesn't post them on the internet. Thankfully she doesn't know how.

Oh my goodness, the Osborne Lights. I so hope they come back. I need them in my life. Look at DS just loving it. Precious.

Snoap is AWESOME!!! Plus a great way to get kids to take a bath without them knowing.

It does not get much better than Wishes from your room to end a night. :goodvibes

Hi everyone, i'm back!

Welcome home!!!!! I'm so glad to hear you guys had a great time in Vegas :goodvibes:goodvibes

In fact, it ended up being a free trip to Vegas plus a pair of Oakleys, a pair of Ray-Bans and an extra 30 bucks in our pocket. :cool1::banana:

Ok WHAT! This is amazing?!?!?! :banana::banana::banana: And that's so great that DH was feeling happier :goodvibes:goodvibes

IMG_0617.jpg

WHAT are these!?!?! WHY have I never seen them before?! HOW do they work?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm assuming it's not like the refillable mugs right? I love that it's Toy Story Mania themed, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these in September :lovestruc

He did feel bad about it and I asked about going back to WDW to buy me a new one. He said we’ll see. :rolleyes1

Heheh, there's ALWAYS an excuse to go back to Disney!

I saw this woman come down this slide and she literally flew off at the end of the slide! She was wearing a dress and the slide itself was already super slippery, so she flew off, bounced a couple times and landed past the stairs which you’ll see in the next photo. What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:

OMG, I would've creased up at this! In a kids play area, of all places :laughing: Still, that's probably the sort of thing that would happen to me after too many Gumdrop cocktails :rotfl::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

So where was I off to?

Yay! I'm glad you got to see it :goodvibes I think too many people ignore One Man's Dream, just focussing on the thrill rides. But I love it. You got some great pictures!

Awww look at that little angel face!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again.. He's SO cute!

I loved your photos of the Osbourne lights!!! I've never been, and every year I hear rumours that it will be the last... If construction is coming, I hope they at least move some of it to another location :thumbsup2

THIS. IS. PERFECT. You guysss :lovestruc

herspinning2-gif.86915
Haha YES! I totally pictured it :rotfl: At least the photos came out great :goodvibes

Oh wow, that's a view that you won't forget any time soon :cloud9: Beautiful! Great updates :goodvibes:goodvibes

How cool is that!!! Enough winnings to make it a free trip, beyond cool!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Your evening sounded great. Love that you got to One Man's Dream and enjoyed it :)

DM and DH are too cute watching the screen and drinking their drinks.

Oh those Osborn Lights, they're just something else!

So sad about the Hat, I really liked it :(

First off, I'm glad your Vegas trip went so well! :goodvibes That is so awesome that you came out ahead! :thumbsup2

I was just going to say what a cool cup that was and :sad:. I hope he makes sure you get back to WDW to get a replacement. ::yes::

What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:
:eek: Oh my goodness! What a sight that must have been. :rotfl: So, she was an adult just going down by herself? :confused3

What a great family picture!

And a close up of my shirt that I took later that night cause I love it so much
Great shirt. Where did you get it?

DS was asleep in the stroller so I suggested they take DS with them and I go do something that I’ve been DYING to do forever. They agreed and we all split up.
Smart move! :thumbsup2 So glad you got over to One Man's Dream and were able to enjoy it with, um...minimal interruptions. :rotfl2:

What a cute shirt!

Haha, we have a few of those too. Is your DS proud of picking his nose? Izzy brags about it. "I'm picking my nose and I have boogers!" :cool1:

I couldn’t believe the amazing view we had! DS was totally enjoying the fireworks which was something DH and I had been discussing before the trip, debating about getting FP’s to see Wishes but decided against it. Looking back, I really wish we had done it. However, nothing beats watching it from the balcony of your villa!
What a great view! How perfect to end your night with Wishes from the balcony! pixiedust:

First of all, I don't think I had a chance to say I'm so glad your DH is okay! That must have been a nerve wracking few weeks.

Woo hoo about Vegas! That's fantastic!

Now for your report. LOVE the One Man's Dream pics. We've not done that yet, but seeing your pics has convinced me.

Love the HOney I Shurnk the Kids playground. Our kids spent a good 45 minutes in there last September! I love the video of your DS with the water in there. He is so stinkin' cute!

Love Sci-Fi. We haven't been there in a while, but it's a fun place. I love the pic of your DH and DM just watching the screens!

Osbourne lights are so amazing. Your panoramic shots turned out amazing.

Fireworks from the balcony is heaven!

That is neat that the trip to Vegas was great and by the winnings paid for it.

You got great shots from One Man's Dream. I always enjoy going into that building every time I am at DHS.

The Sci-Fi Dine In Theater is a very nice place to eat which it is nice to see your pictures.

The Osborne Family lights are so amazing that I enjoy seeing it every time during the holiday season.

I enjoyed seeing your balcony pictures on the first update of your room and to be able to see the fireworks from MK is great as well.

What a great update! So glad H is well & you had an awesome trip to Vegas. Looks like an awesome afternoon at HS. Your Mom drinking & shopping is a riot! So funny! We are planning a Dec trip with MY mom & she keeps telling me she can spend her $$$ however she wants. Lol! I bet your Mom is dangerous with the Amazon Prime too!

Looks like DS loooovee O! Lights! My DS went when he was 13 months old but doesn't remember it. & Mom has never been. H & I went twice so we are so excited for them to see them for the "first" time.

Also I am pretty sure Hanna Andersson makes Star Wars themed XMAS jammies like that shirt you wanted. They might not be out now because it's the wrong season but I know they had them last year. The Spring Star Wars stuff is also adorable....

Last edited:
Joining in and loving your TR!
Your son is adorable and I love the pictures of him with the snow/soap!!!
So glad you DH is better, and your Vegas trip sounded amazing!!
How amazing that you could see the fireworks from your balcony!!

Glad you had a good time in Vegas. Yay for winning and getting spending money!!

Great update. It brought me back to when we were in HS. I can't wait to go back. Your updates always make me want to go back right away. Lol. Love the pictures and I love how your mom drank that beer so fast. My husband would agree that nothing quenches your thirst like a nice cold beer haha. Glad you were able to do One Mans Dream this time. Love the pictures of the Osbourne Lights and GF. When my youngest goes in for a nap I have to come back and watch your videos. If I try now she will take it away from me to watch. I can't wait to see them.

Hope everyone had a great Easter and Spring break if you've had it already. Vegas was lots of fun!

Glad you had a great time and especially glad for DH! Hope his condition improves.

He did feel bad about it and I asked about going back to WDW to buy me a new one. He said we’ll see. :rolleyes1

So this worked out for the best, then...

Because drinks always lead to great ideas! ::yes::

Uh...right!:thumbsup2

I knew the hat was coming down soon and I wanted to get as many photos as possible, but i'll spare you with one.

Good ridda--um, I mean, thanks for the photo!

At one point, we had seen this shirt for DS that I absolutely loved

That shirt is awesome.

Always a quality part of any TR!

And of course, my milkshake kept him quiet for a long time :worship:

So THAT's the secret...

I totally looked like this trying to get these panoramic shots

It was worth it! Great shots!

I couldn’t believe the amazing view we had!

Fireworks off the balcony?? That's fantastic!

So happy you two had such a great trip to Vegas - woohoo!!!

Awww, I love the family shot on the Star Wars bike! :thumbsup2

Excellent idea to break from the family for a bit and explore One Man's Dream... that place is just so special. :cloud9:

OMG :laughing: on the picture of your DH and DM at Sci-Fi, they look completely mesmerized!

What great shots of the three of you at the Osborne lights!

Unbelievable view from your room. Holy cow! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter