I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

Great updates. Sounds like you had an excellent rest of the day. HS does look good all decorated for Christmas.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Epcot!

Goofy the Hater

If anyone remembers, I was bummed about waking up late yesterday for DHS. And I made a promise to myself from this day forward, sleep was just not on the schedule.

nosleep.gif

Check out that time

In an hour we were out the door. Seriously, he really is the best travel mate. Always was ready to go before anyone else

This was our first day of not using busses so we had to go through lobby and upstairs to the monorail station. But on the walk over to the lobby, we saw lots of debris on the ground leading up the main building. It was so un-Disney like. And then I noticed where all the mess was coming from.

They had begun the decoration breakdown process.

belle sad gif.gif

I was a little sad but had to put on a happy face

brave3.gif

Especially for our first FP of the day

We boarded a monorail in less than 5 minutes. And now’s the time to mention how much I LOVED staying at a monorail hotel. The wait was always so short it was amazing!

And just like the assumed position on the Peoplemover, there is an assumed position on the monorail.

These lyrics popped into my head: “I wish that I could be like the cool kids, cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.”

:rotfl:

And in no time at all, I saw this beautiful sight!

Epcot is definitely my favorite park and I was so excited to be pulling up in style via the monorail.

Even though we were still within our FP window, I wanted to make sure that we got this done quickly so I could check something off my Goal List that I’ve been trying to get done since 2012. I actually had a couple goals that needed accomplishing today.

We arrived at the Character Spot at 10:40 and I went into this knowing that this wasn’t going to go well, let’s be honest :rotfl:

But he was smiling and pointing at someone he recognized and even tried running up while waiting for our turn!

:hyper:

His excitement didn’t last long though

I think he likes seeing the characters from afar

Next up was DH’s favorite character and he was excited! Except Goofy was not excited to see DH. He was not a fan of his hat. I wish I had my camera out but was comforting DS, when Goofy came over to us while waiting in his line to meet him and ‘fixed’ DH’s hat so that it was backwards! :lmao: It was hilarious! DH fixed it before we went to meet him but Goofy still wasn’t having it

Not a SF Giants fan I guess. What a hater.

haters.gif

He was however a ladies man and going around giving kissed to all the women

This next meet just kills me. DS was getting excited for Minnie and again, tried to run up to her. And then it was our turn and he’d scream, “Mow, Mow, MOOOOW!” (Which means ‘No’ to you non-Calvin speakers :lmao:)

It’s so funny how quickly he turns from being excited to mortified!

Great updates. Sounds like you had an excellent rest of the day. HS does look good all decorated for Christmas.

Thanks! We had a great day at DHS even though we showed up late and missed two important FP's :rotfl2: Oh well! OMD's definitely made up for that.

Awww poor little guy. Sometimes they are so excited and then the reality of it hits them and BAM too much. Your DS is adorable though. That HAIR is amazing.

How luxurious to be able to just hop on the monorail over to Epcot...sigh. If only life was always like that! So cute how your son could be excited and then terrified...those are the best pictures to have in a few years though! I love his pose in the stroller on the monorail too...so cute!

And I made a promise to myself from this day forward, sleep was just not on the schedule.

Well done!!

Check out that time

Wait... I thought you said you were getting up early!

IMG_0700.jpg

OK... As if I didn't think Calvin was awesome enough... CANADIA HAT!!!!:dance3: So jealous.

Ah Boo!!! Ok, you know what? I'm going to pretend that they are putting the decorations... Up.

I can only imagine the joy of staying at a Monorail resort. Because... Monorail.

It's been far too long since I've taken the Monorail into Epcot. I love that it actually goes into the park, kinda like at Disneyland. Which I never got to do because it was in refurb. :sad:

HAHAHA, I love Goofy. That's hysterical about not liking the hat. And also might I add... Canadia pants.

In fairness to poor Calvin, seeing the characters from afar, they do look at least somewhat normal. But when you get up close and they're as big or bigger than your parents, that's a lot to take in.

Goofy hatin' on the Giants?!?! Oh no he didn't! I will make sure he regrets doing that...we have the same FP+ schedule for one of our Epcot days. It's on!! Go Giants!!

I'm totally busting up at your son's pictures...priceless memories! I think it's a requirement for all families to have shots of little ones bawling in front of Mickey Mouse. If you don't you can't make it into Disney heaven together or something. So fun reading through your last few updates despite all the craziness your family went through. Welcome back!

I do love the convenience of the monorail resorts - especially when you have a stroller and don't need to get the kid out and fold it up, etc.

Calvin sounds pretty similar to how Peter was a couple of trips ago - like the concept of the characters and was intrigued from afar but when time came to go up for meets, was not interested ... and at character meals the only interaction is he would wave good bye to them when they left :rotfl2:

He was much better his next trip so hopefully Calvin just needs some more experience :thumbsup2

That was quite the Goofy! That's pretty funny about the hat.

I love this picture and Calvin seems just horrified and you two are smiling away :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl2: I have not seen that video in forever!!! Wait, should I be offended that you assumed I knew that video back from the 80's??? How old do you think I am!? :scared1: :lmao:
Totally not meaning to imply that! :blush: I just figured that even if you didn't see it first-hand, it was part of the pop culture. Plus it's on YouTube if you had not seen it - I mean, even if you were not born yet when the Beatles broke up, you probably saw the video of them on the Ed Sullivan Show - not that I'm trying to equate the Bangles with The Beatles! The only thing they have in common is their first and last 3 letters! :rotfl2:

Edited to add - And also that the first 4 letters of their names are violent words... "Bang" and "beat"...

Last edited:
Monday, January 5, 2015

And just like the assumed position on the Peoplemover, there is an assumed position on the monorail.

These lyrics popped into my head: “I wish that I could be like the cool kids, cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it.”

:rotfl:

Guess I'm not one of the "cool kids", cause that lyric went completely over my head! ...Oh, who am I kidding, I haven't been a "kid" in decades! :rotfl:

Oh wonderful! When is your solo trip?! Now you can spend lots of time reading all the fun details and watching the movie in peace

Um...Summer 2017. I like to plan ahead...

But really a necessity since I'm waiting for my 3 sons to be old enough for someone else to be able to handle them for several days/nights!

OMG, this is the perfect Disney gif! How did I not think of it sooner?!?! I may have to steal this for my next TR (if that's ok with you :laughing:)

Ooooh, Mickey's getting a bit of the stink eye from Calvin..

OH DEAR!!!!! The poor little guy :laughing: I thought this was going to turn into a success story when he seemed excited at first! Hopefully he grows out of his character fear. Or maybe he won't, and you'll take him when he's 12 and he'll have the exact same reaction...?!?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OK, no, let's hope he grows out of it :laughing:

We loved the Character Spot. Even though we did dinner at CMs, we still went there first thing. It's great have the photographers there!

Of course, it helps if your child enjoys meeting the characters. Poor guy - he was not pleased at all to be there. At least he enjoyed viewing them from afar!

This picture cracks me up. You and Minnie seem totally oblivious to what is going on right next door!

If anyone remembers, I was bummed about waking up late yesterday for DHS. And I made a promise to myself from this day forward, sleep was just not on the schedule.
You just restored my faith in you.

In an hour we were out the door. Seriously, he really is the best travel mate. Always was ready to go before anyone else
That always helps!

I was a little sad but had to put on a happy face
I can see that. It would be sad, but at the same time, I'd be fascinated to see the tear down process in action.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Just kicked back and chillin.

We arrived at the Character Spot at 10:40 and I went into this knowing that this wasn’t going to go well, let’s be honest :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: There's something to be said for realistic expectations.

I think he likes seeing the characters from afar
That's exactly how DS was when he was around his age. Don't worry, he'll get over it and love meeting them before you know it.

Next up was DH’s favorite character and he was excited! Except Goofy was not excited to see DH. He was not a fan of his hat. I wish I had my camera out but was comforting DS, when Goofy came over to us while waiting in his line to meet him and ‘fixed’ DH’s hat so that it was backwards! :lmao: It was hilarious! DH fixed it before we went to meet him but Goofy still wasn’t having it
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That is awesome. I mean it would have been even funnier if your DH was a Cardinals fan or something, but it is still funny.

I love how you and your DH are both posing and smiling like everything is fine, while he's in all out meltdown mode. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Check out that time

Still sleeping in, I see. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Aw, man...

We boarded a monorail in less than 5 minutes. And now’s the time to mention how much I LOVED staying at a monorail hotel. The wait was always so short it was amazing!

Someday, I hope I get the chance to experience that.

Um...can I borrow some money?:confused3

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: That just looks SO comfortable.

Epcot is definitely my favorite park

Mine too! :thumbsup2

Except Goofy was not excited to see DH. He was not a fan of his hat. I wish I had my camera out but was comforting DS, when Goofy came over to us while waiting in his line to meet him and ‘fixed’ DH’s hat so that it was backwards! :lmao: It was hilarious! DH fixed it before we went to meet him but Goofy still wasn’t having it

Suddenly, I really like Goofy. I think he might be my favorite character now.:rolleyes1

::yes:::rotfl:

I was going to say, 8:30 is still a little late getting going..... :rolleyes1 I mean that's a time that I would be up. :rotfl2:

Nice that Calvin is always ready to go. Too bad about him being so Bi-Polar about meeting the characters, first he's excited and then he's terrified. You did get some hilarious pictures though with the two of you smiling away and he is mortified. :lmao: Hopefully he grows out of that phase soon.

I have to say the same thing like Alison that around 8:30am is a little late to get up especially going to the parks when they can open at 8am (without EMH). I always like to go when the parks open first thing in the morning when it is quiet for the first hour to two until the crowds come later in the afternoon.

After reading your posts about Calvin not enjoying the characters when he is up close to them which he enjoys seeing them afar, this reminds me of my trip last month with DD4 where she was excited to see them afar but when got to see Anna & Elsa up close she started to cry the same thing. I was shocked to see how she responded while she was looking forward to seeing them during the trip. He will grow out when he gets older and will appreciate them later on. Your pictures with the characters are nice.

I'd probably still be sleeping at 8:30 but it seems that most people here are not impressed :laughing:

Those pictures of Calvin with the characters are absolutely priceless!

Yay for the earlier start!!! :thumbsup2 As someone who subscribes to the "there's no sleeping at Disney" rule... I approve! :rotfl:

Ahhhh being at a monorail resort would be so amazing!!! How easy and convenient to Epcot and MK!!! :cloud9:

Awwww poor DS but those are some pretty amazing pictures you got... how fun will they be to show him when he's older! :laughing:

Completely dying over here from your son's reactions to the characters. He is so gonna loathe these photos when he is older. Mine was good with the characters from the get go, but evil Mommy inside me secretly wanted one of her screaming or crying or something. Nothing to do any permanent damage, just some good fodder for years to come ; ) Yep Mom of the year right here ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter