• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

I'm glad you had a chance to walk through One Man's Dream! I make it there at least once every trip! :cloud9:

I love the picture of your husband and your mom drinking their milkshakes. :laughing:

I saw the Osbourne lights on their last night quite a few years ago and thought they were awesome. I'm glad your son loved them!

Wow - what a view! :thumbsup2 I love your first fireworks picture that highlights the Grand Floridian layout AND the fireworks! Beautiful!

So glad your Vegas trip went well and you came out ahead! :woohoo:

I think you guys came up with an excellent strategy for discussing plans. If you're going to be doing the "what to you want to do?" spiel back and forth you might as well have a drink in your hand! That gum drop looks yummy!

One Man's Dream is on my bucket list. Definitely going to check it out next trip but I'm planning on spending plenty of time there on my solo trip.

The Osborne Lights look amazing! Glad DS enjoyed them!

What an amazing view of Wishes! Perfect way to end the night! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2Yay for a mega update.

First of all -what's not to LOVE about a FREE trip to Vegas plus loot! So glad you had a great time!

I love that mug. so cute. You definitely need to go back and get another one! what are you waiting for? :confused3

Love you Star Wars T. That is super cute. And I love the one you would have bought if the saize had been correct. also super cute!

So you left your mom and DH alone in the Tune In lounge? Didn't you do that last time? Glad they didn't get too carried away. :rotfl:

Yum - Onion Rings!

Probably said this before, but I love the view from your room. We are staying there again next December. :goodvibes

So glad you had a good time in Vegas. And you came home a winner...always a good thing.

Love your mug...I picked that one up for my best friend, Nicki. Did you write Disney and ask them if they could replace it? It shouldn't shatter like that.

he video of DS in Honey I Shrunk is adorable, and I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:over DH and the woman with the dress on the slide. Such a typical man!

Adorable pictures with the speeder bike.

They went to Tune-In without you? I would have gone with you. But I'm glad you finally got to see One Man's Dream. Oh and Tune-In is now becoming a must stop for us on our day at the Studios.

Sci Fi Onion Rings!!! You are making me drool here.

What awesome, awesome pictures and video at the Osborne Lights. DS is sure enjoying them...it is obvious on that sweet face.

Nice firework pictures from your balcony.

Hope everyone had a great Easter and Spring break if you've had it already. Vegas was lots of fun! In fact, it ended up being a free trip to Vegas plus a pair of Oakleys, a pair of Ray-Bans and an extra 30 bucks in our pocket. :cool1::banana: DH did AMAZING at Craps and it was so nice seeing him so happy for once in a very long time, especially after the health scare. Speaking of that, still the same, no better or worse. I was concerned about the lights and the smoke but it didn't hurt him so it ended up being a very nice, dare I say, relaxing trip:eek: Does relaxing and Vegas even go together??:confused3

I am pretty sure relaxation and Vegas should not be used in the same sentence but I am glad you had a great trip, scored some free sunglasses and your DH had a good time, he deserved it and I imagine that made it so much better for you! I'm glad he isn't worse but sorry there is no improvement either.

DH then took DS on the big camera film slide so I stood kind of far away from the bottom to keep the walkway open. And I saw this woman come down this slide and she literally flew off at the end of the slide! She was wearing a dress and the slide itself was already super slippery, so she flew off, bounced a couple times and landed past the stairs which you’ll see in the next photo. What was even more embarrassing for her, was that her dress was not long so everyone got to see her unmentionables :scared1: :blush:

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um...slides and dresses....two things that do not go together.

And in minutes, seriously, probably 3, her beer was gone. And she said, “I told you I was thirsty!” “Geez mom, there’s like 5 bottles of water in the stroller” I said. “But water just doesn’t quench the way beer does.” True that mom, true dat.:rotfl:

LOL! She is right though.

Lemonade maybe....

DH mentioned to DM that ‘they’ should go to the Tune-In Lounge for drinks. What the??:confused3:confused3What am I, chopped liver? DS was asleep in the stroller so I suggested they take DS with them and I go do something that I’ve been DYING to do forever. They agreed and we all split up.

Ok that's pretty funny but it sounds like the mutual ditch worked out well for everyone

I tried to go back in 2013 while DH and DM were at the Tune-In Lounge drinking (do we see a tradition forming here?! ::yes::) and I had DS sleeping in the stroller, but they don’t allow strollers so my plan was thwarted. This year, I was determined to check this place out.

Good for you! It's painful without a stroller with little ones, they don't have the patience and you just want to read everything!

When I got to the Tune-In Lounge, it was packed but they had managed to score the ‘living room’ seating area all to themselves, stroller included (because DS was sleeping!)

Major seating score!

At one point, we had seen this shirt for DS that I absolutely loved

That is the first time I've seen that one. It's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it for Jeff lol!

These two were in heaven with their milkshakes and their ‘tv’ so I had to take a picture of them. I don’t even think they noticed

That picture would indicate that nope, they didn't notice

Anyone seen the movie Her with Joaquin Phoenix? I totally looked like this trying to get these panoramic shots

herspinning2-gif.86915

Too funny

I knew this was our last day here at DHS until who knows when, so some more Hat shots

I am sad about the hat. I had the not so pleasurable experience of watching it slowly disappear during the PHM trip.

However, nothing beats watching it from the balcony of your villa!

No, no it doesn't. Score on the view!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

Told you guys there would be some good nose picking pics:thumbsup2:rotfl:

This picture reminds me of The Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" video, you know, when Susanna Hoffs rolls her eyes? You were rolling your eyes intentionally, right?

Glad to hear you had a great time at Vegas - and to come out ahead is pretty darn good! Really, really glad to hear that the lights and sounds and smoke and other Vegasness didn't make things worse for DH and that he is still doing ok. :thumbsup2

That is a really cool mug you found - bummer about it having been broken. Definitely think a trip to WDW is in order to rectify the situation ;)

Quite the scenario with that slide! And clearly your DH has the proper reaction for being at a playground in Disney World :rotfl: On the plus side, she wasn't going commando that day :rolleyes1

“What do you want to do?” “I dunno, what do you want to do?” Back and forth while we were walking. :headache: I spotted a bar

sounds about right.

“But water just doesn’t quench the way beer does.” True that mom, true dat.:rotfl:

This only reinforces my thinking that your mom and I would get along really well :thumbsup2

Really glad that the Tune-in Lounge served its purpose of enabling you to see One Man's Dream. It really is wonderful! Plus I've been reading a bunch of those Disney Mystery type books lately (just finished the third in the Key to the Kingdom series) and a lot of the clues are found inside One Man's Dream

I love, love the ride models they have here - just fascinating to see how they lay them out and they kinda circle back on themselves but you don't realize it while you are on the ride

Glad you enjoyed dinner too - Judi pointed out that she has never been to Sci Fi before so I think it is on the short list for our next trip

What a really great job with the panoramic shots!

Can totally understand how the PP has to leave at some point and he seemed nice enough about it, but still a bit of a bummer. Glad it worked out though and you were able to capture the picture for that girl too

And how awesome to see the fireworks from your villa! Especially when you weren't necessarily expecting to have that view so super nice bonus!

Can't believe Honey I Shrunk the kids was so crowded. It's always been a ghost town for us. But if it hadn't been so crowded, maybe you wouldn't have had a front row pass to that poor lady and her unmentionables. Are they now mentionable since so many others got to "enjoy" them?

Love the way you all roll at MGM. Your Star Wars shirts are great. When in doubt for what to do, drink! Great idea to go see one mans dream while the family took in some more drinks. Literally laughing out loud at having to follow Mom around while shopping. That is how mine is too, but even without the drinks ; )

Yeah for SciFi. Those onion rings and that burger looks great. Especially at 9am when I'm hungry and would seriously demolish them right now.

The Osborne lights picture are beautiful. Especially the panoramic shots. It's almost like I'm there.

How amazing to get to see fireworks from your balcony on top of the lights. Glad you son loved them.

Wow!!! Happy Birthday indeed!

I'm glad you had a good time in Vegas. Sorry he's not feeling any better yet though.

A very good time! Yeah, yesterday wasn't a very good day for him. Still dizzy.

Seems like a good reason to me.

Right? Aside from making memories and spending quality family time together, let's be honest, my reusable tumbler needs to be replaced. Priorities :rotfl2:

Some people just have a hard time thinking before they do things... :rolleyes1

I really don't think she expected it to be that fast but boy did it make me giggle :laughing:

Oh, I wouldn't call that cruel at all. I call it doing your civic duty to document and report anything funny that happens.

My civic duty as a DIS'er right? Thanks for your support ::yes::

Great picture! And I do like the shirts.

Thanks! Don't you like how we wore them and never once actually rode Star Tours? :sad2:

Hmmm... so you're sending your kid with them... to a bar. Now I'm starting to question your judgment. :rolleyes1

Anything for One Man's Dream. Something i'm willing to look over if you are ;)

But I'm glad you got a chance to check out One Man's Dream. I really need to get in there sometime. Always so many things to do and so little time!

You really, really should. By yourself if at all possible, I was grateful that I was able to read every thing in there without having to worry about DS trying to break things.:thumbsup2

Did he at least offer to have a drink waiting for you?

But that would have involved him thinking about me! :rotfl:

Better throw away some clothes. Time to make some room in the luggage!

Or just triple layer clothing on the plane.

I know that feeling... :sad2:

Yes you do. And from both WDW and DLR no less. :sad2:

Milkshake death stare.

Who doesn't love the Osborne lights???

Freaks.

Snoap... I like that one! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Unfortunately, i'm not that smart to come up with that. It was either @DisneyKid4Life or @IheartDDuck :)

I'm glad you were able to share a little bit of Disney magic with her.

I felt bad. She really wanted a PP photographer to take it so I did the best I could.

Wow... maybe not a perfect view, but just being able to see some of Wishes from your room is a huge win in my book! :thumbsup2

Totally it was the best thing to close out the night!

Wow!! How awesome that you could see the fireworks right from your room!! What a fun day at DHS. I totally want to eat at that restaurant...I haven't taken my kids to DHS at all yet...but I'm slowly getting convinced that it's time...and I want to eat there when we do! The xmas tree did sure look pretty at night :). The lights there were amazing in general! Also....I'm hungry and want those fried pickles now please :))

It really was such a fun day at DHS, despite the late start that morning. Sci-Fi is such a fun restaurant, it's my third time eating there and the environment is so relaxing and the food is delicious. Have always wanted to try the fried pickles but can't bring myself away from those onion rings :cloud9: Guess I could just order both, my stomach is large enough to house both of them!

:welcome: back!!!

:woohoo: a trip to Vegas AND you came out ahead. Hopefully that's a sign of great things to come.

Thanks Rob! DH was so happy with this free trip, that he's actually trying to plan another trip so it can be free :rotfl2: Poor guy doesn't get that he has a 50/50 chance.

Oooh clever girl. You break it (it being the mug), you bought it (It being another trip to WDW).

Of course! I"m always thinking of excuses to get back to WDW. Aside from the best excuse ever that we have points in our DVC left for the year and if we don't use them they'll expire :thumbsup2:teacher:

Oh lord yes, we've ALL had that conversation. Making it much worse is that many of my recent trips (if not fully, at least party) have been solo. :blush:

It's the worst conversation in the world. I'd never have that conversation if I was by myself and even if I did, i'd come up with something rather quickly.

And also bad but often fun ideas. :idea:

Luckily, they are always fun ideas! :hyper:

ONE MAN'S DREEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!! :love: I am so glad that you watched the movie. It's perfect.

It was so great, it only took me 5 years to get here :sad2: but glad I saw it!

Haha, yeah I'm sure my mother has some nose picking pics as well. Of course she doesn't post them on the internet. Thankfully she doesn't know how.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Oh my goodness, the Osborne Lights. I so hope they come back. I need them in my life. Look at DS just loving it. Precious.

So what's the deal, are they going away?? I thought they were taking them out in 2013 and that never happened.

Snoap is AWESOME!!! Plus a great way to get kids to take a bath without them knowing.

Thanks for the term! I tagged you, not knowing who coined the term. Was it you or Danielle?

It does not get much better than Wishes from your room to end a night. :goodvibes

Maybe having a Gumdrop on the balcony could have made the night even sweeter!

Welcome home!!!!! I'm so glad to hear you guys had a great time in Vegas :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ok WHAT! This is amazing?!?!?! :banana::banana::banana: And that's so great that DH was feeling happier :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks Katie! Free is always good! Of course, we didn't know it was going to be free until DH started playing Craps :hyper: Such a nice surprise!

WHAT are these!?!?! WHY have I never seen them before?! HOW do they work?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm assuming it's not like the refillable mugs right? I love that it's Toy Story Mania themed, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these in September :lovestruc

Oh my gosh, if you're a reusable mug fan (like me, I have tons!) you'll love the popcorn kiosks (any popcorn kiosk). They have the BEST options for reusable mugs! Unfortunately, it's not the refillable mug option but I love having it as a souvenir and then recalling my trip when I take that mug to work :cloud9::cloud9: Now I don't have one from that trip and it makes me sad:sad2:

OMG, I would've creased up at this! In a kids play area, of all places :laughing: Still, that's probably the sort of thing that would happen to me after too many Gumdrop cocktails :rotfl::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

:rotfl: I don't even think she realized how fast she would be coming down that slide. And to be honest, I didn't think it would be that fast anyway. Unfortunately at her expense, I got a good giggle. Thanks unmentionables lady! :rotfl2:

Yay! I'm glad you got to see it :goodvibes I think too many people ignore One Man's Dream, just focussing on the thrill rides. But I love it. You got some great pictures!

You're so right! I think what pushed me to really try and see it was everyone's TR's on it. I probably wouldn't have even seen it otherwise!

Awww look at that little angel face!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again.. He's SO cute!

Let me tell how how quick his face can turn into the devil's face :lmao:o_O

I loved your photos of the Osbourne lights!!! I've never been, and every year I hear rumours that it will be the last... If construction is coming, I hope they at least move some of it to another location :thumbsup2

With the amount of times you've been, i'm shocked you haven't seen them! And yes, I just replied to Rob about thinking it was going to be shut down in 2013?? Glad it hasn't left yet.

THIS. IS. PERFECT. You guysss :lovestruc

One of our better shots definitely! Never realized how hard it is to get a kid to pose!

Haha YES! I totally pictured it :rotfl: At least the photos came out great :goodvibes

:lmao: For reals, in order to get those panoramic shots you have to almost do a full turn!

Oh wow, that's a view that you won't forget any time soon :cloud9: Beautiful! Great updates :goodvibes:goodvibes

Totally in heaven for sure :cloud9:
How cool is that!!! Enough winnings to make it a free trip, beyond cool!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Your evening sounded great. Love that you got to One Man's Dream and enjoyed it :)

DM and DH are too cute watching the screen and drinking their drinks.

Oh those Osborn Lights, they're just something else!

So sad about the Hat, I really liked it :(

Now DH thinks that if he plans another trip to Vegas soon, it will be free again! :rotfl2::confused3

It's about time I saw One Man's Dream! It really was fantastic and am so glad I had the opportunity to take my time while there without distractions (DS and DH) :rotfl2:

They were seriously into their shakes and the movie screen:lmao:

I liked it too! Has it been decided already what it's being replaced with?

First off, I'm glad your Vegas trip went so well! :goodvibes That is so awesome that you came out ahead! :thumbsup2

Was definitely the best way to come home!

I was just going to say what a cool cup that was and :sad:. I hope he makes sure you get back to WDW to get a replacement. ::yes::

I better! I loved that mug :sad2:

:eek: Oh my goodness! What a sight that must have been. :rotfl: So, she was an adult just going down by herself? :confused3

:rotfl: Yep just by herself. In fact, when the other members of her group went to help her up, I didn't see any kids with her:lmao:

Great shirt. Where did you get it?

Thank you! I got it from Geeky Mamas near the Disneyland Resort at the GardenWalk. They have the COOLEST shirts and dresses there!

Smart move! :thumbsup2 So glad you got over to One Man's Dream and were able to enjoy it with, um...minimal interruptions. :rotfl2:

Yep I was grateful he didn't call me while I was walking around cause then I would have been rushing around.

What a cute shirt!

I loved it so much! But couldn't find his size anywhere.

Haha, we have a few of those too. Is your DS proud of picking his nose? Izzy brags about it. "I'm picking my nose and I have boogers!" :cool1:

:lmao::rotfl2: He thought it was the funniest thing to see himself doing that! Guess it's not just boys but toddlers in general :lmao:
What a great view! How perfect to end your night with Wishes from the balcony! pixiedust:

It really was the best ending to our day!

Fried pickles are honestly one of my favourite things! I don't know how Disney does them...but if you have a Grand Lux cafe where you live...theirs are divine lol There are always so many awesome Disney souveniers it's impossible to choose...sigh!

So what's the deal, are they going away?? I thought they were taking them out in 2013 and that never happened.

This has been rumoured for a while, but thankfully it keeps coming back, so who knows. I know they're planning changes to the park, but I hope beyond hope that this isn't one of those changes.

Thanks for the term! I tagged you, not knowing who coined the term. Was it you or Danielle?

I have said it for a while, but I would not be surprised if Danielle came up with it as well. :thumbsup2

I can't believe that I never replied here!

Your time at the Playground was crazy. I'm sorry for that gal!

I can't believe your DH didn't get you a drink! Even if you went through One Man's Dream, he should have had a drink waiting for you, but you're right that would have required him to think about you....:rolleyes1

I can't wait to see you guys in two weeks! :banana:

Hey there! :)

So sorry to have gone missing; trying to keep my head about water as the term gets into full swing. 7 more weeks... :)

A day in DHS is always a great day, but a bonus is one where get to do something you've wanted to for a long time! GO you!

I need to check out that lounge sometime. In fact, I don't even think I've even seen pictures posted of it. Ever.

Great to hear you had a nice time in Vegas. Coming home a winner is awesome! :banana:

Hi! We are back and I am ALL caught up! :thumbsup2
Good news! MRI scan was clear of any sign of tumor, aneurism or stroke!:cool1::dancer::banana: So very happy for him that it was nothing major!

First off - that is some great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then ..... I just loved your day at the Studios. Thank you for giving me a good laugh picturing the lady bouncing off the slide. :rotfl2:

How awesome you got to see One Man's Dream. This is one of my favourite attractions. I just love looking at all the stuff in there.

And the view of the fireworks from your villa was just stunning. Great location.

Needless to say that I just loved seeing your adorable little man. He is just too cute!!!!

I'm playing catch up. Scary about your DH's health scare but glad to hear they didn't find anything serious. Hope he continues to get back to normal.

What a fun day at DHS. Your DS is adorable!

Jill in CO

I'm so behind. I read everyone's updates on my phone and then never end up commenting.

Yay for winning in Vegas! I love when that happens!

Very nice day at the studios, everyone got to do what they like! And then you got milkshakes! Love the Sci Fi Dine in! And to top the day off with fireworks from your balcony, priceless!

DD11 (my disney nerd partner in crime) and I LOVED one man's dream. We decided to stay at DHS all day while DH opted to nap at the hotel in preparation for his race, and that's one of the things we did. I'm so happy she loves Disney as much as I do!

When we were there, they were setting up Osborne Lights. It was like a tease :sad2: One of these days I'll see it in person!!!!!!

First of all, I don't think I had a chance to say I'm so glad your DH is okay! That must have been a nerve wracking few weeks.

Woo hoo about Vegas! That's fantastic!

Now for your report. LOVE the One Man's Dream pics. We've not done that yet, but seeing your pics has convinced me.

Love the HOney I Shurnk the Kids playground. Our kids spent a good 45 minutes in there last September! I love the video of your DS with the water in there. He is so stinkin' cute!

Love Sci-Fi. We haven't been there in a while, but it's a fun place. I love the pic of your DH and DM just watching the screens!

Osbourne lights are so amazing. Your panoramic shots turned out amazing.

Fireworks from the balcony is heaven!

Aw thank you! Yes I was totally anxious about the whole MRI thing. But thankfully he's still doing okay and he had LOTS of fun in Vegas!

You should absolutely do One Man's Dream! It's something I regret not doing sooner and just makes you appreciate Walt even more for all that's done.

I totally see lots more time being spent in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground area. Hmm, wonder if alcohol's allowed in there while I wait:scratchin

That is neat that the trip to Vegas was great and by the winnings paid for it.

You got great shots from One Man's Dream. I always enjoy going into that building every time I am at DHS.

The Sci-Fi Dine In Theater is a very nice place to eat which it is nice to see your pictures.

The Osborne Family lights are so amazing that I enjoy seeing it every time during the holiday season.

I enjoyed seeing your balcony pictures on the first update of your room and to be able to see the fireworks from MK is great as well.

Hey Bret! The very first trip I took i 2008, I didn't even see the building for One Man's Dream :confused3 I don't even know how that happened and i'm not sure what happened in 2010 that I couldn't go in. But I did have excuses for not going in 2012 and 2013:thumbsup2

The Osborne Lights are soooo beautiful, pictures just don't do it justice.

What a great update! So glad H is well & you had an awesome trip to Vegas. Looks like an awesome afternoon at HS. Your Mom drinking & shopping is a riot! So funny! We are planning a Dec trip with MY mom & she keeps telling me she can spend her $$$ however she wants. Lol! I bet your Mom is dangerous with the Amazon Prime too!

Looks like DS loooovee O! Lights! My DS went when he was 13 months old but doesn't remember it. & Mom has never been. H & I went twice so we are so excited for them to see them for the "first" time.

Also I am pretty sure Hanna Andersson makes Star Wars themed XMAS jammies like that shirt you wanted. They might not be out now because it's the wrong season but I know they had them last year. The Spring Star Wars stuff is also adorable....

I don't thing my mom knows about Amazon Prime, and I don't plan on telling her anytime soon! :rotfl: She mostly does shopping from smaller business websites, like boutique shopping, etc. Well, if she's going to shop, at least she's supporting the small companies!

When we took DS at 2 months to see the lights, he was totally just staring at them. But i'm sure he had no idea what was going on! :lmao:

I'll have to look her up, thanks for that!:thumbsup2

Joining in and loving your TR!
Your son is adorable and I love the pictures of him with the snow/soap!!!
So glad you DH is better, and your Vegas trip sounded amazing!!
How amazing that you could see the fireworks from your balcony!!

Hi and thanks!
The snoap was so much fun, he tried catching it in his mouth a lot though :scared: :rotfl2:

Glad you had a good time in Vegas. Yay for winning and getting spending money!!

Great update. It brought me back to when we were in HS. I can't wait to go back. Your updates always make me want to go back right away. Lol. Love the pictures and I love how your mom drank that beer so fast. My husband would agree that nothing quenches your thirst like a nice cold beer haha. Glad you were able to do One Mans Dream this time. Love the pictures of the Osbourne Lights and GF. When my youngest goes in for a nap I have to come back and watch your videos. If I try now she will take it away from me to watch. I can't wait to see them.

Do You have any plans on returning in the near future? I know you just got back in September right? Which BTW, have you updated that TR??

Isn't it crazy the things we try to get done when the kids are napping?! Oh my gosh, once I put him down for his nap, I hurry up and workout, have a snack while trying to DIS for 20 mins, use the restroom :-)rotfl:), fold some laundry, empty the dishwasher all in two hours! What's supposed to be resting and relaxing for me during his nap, ends up being exhausting!

Just found your report and am all caught up! I love your UP shirts!!j

Hi and thank you very much! :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time and especially glad for DH! Hope his condition improves.

Me too. May be getting a second opinion here in the near future.

So this worked out for the best, then...

Unless he's lying then it totally sucks and i'll throw a major fit:rotfl:

Uh...right!:thumbsup2

:lmao:

Good ridda--um, I mean, thanks for the photo!

Uh, what?! That hat was everything to me. EVERYTHING.

That shirt is awesome.

Isn't it? Too bad we could never find the correct size.

Always a quality part of any TR!

Of course! That and diaper blowouts:thumbsup2 Which, don't you worry, is coming up soon :hyper:

So THAT's the secret...

It's like an inexpensive babysitter::yes::

Fireworks off the balcony?? That's fantastic!

I really was thinking the villas were angled too much away from the fireworks so this was a bonus!

So happy you two had such a great trip to Vegas - woohoo!!!

Awww, I love the family shot on the Star Wars bike! :thumbsup2

Excellent idea to break from the family for a bit and explore One Man's Dream... that place is just so special. :cloud9:

OMG :laughing: on the picture of your DH and DM at Sci-Fi, they look completely mesmerized!

What great shots of the three of you at the Osborne lights!

Unbelievable view from your room. Holy cow! :worship:

Hi Tracy!

One Man's Dream is so very special. Hopefully next time DM and DH won't ditch me for the bar and come with me!:rotfl:

They were in Sci-Fi Milkshake heaven!

I was so thrilled that we were able to see the fireworks at all!

I'm glad you had a chance to walk through One Man's Dream! I make it there at least once every trip! :cloud9:

I love the picture of your husband and your mom drinking their milkshakes. :laughing:

I saw the Osbourne lights on their last night quite a few years ago and thought they were awesome. I'm glad your son loved them!

Wow - what a view! :thumbsup2 I love your first fireworks picture that highlights the Grand Floridian layout AND the fireworks! Beautiful!

I'm so going to be making One Man's Dream a priority from now on. Now it's a matter of convincing DH and DM to come with, that's the tough part:rotfl:

The lights are so beautiful! They do such a fantastic job at putting them all up. When we had gone in early October of 2013, they had already started working on them:scared1:

So glad your Vegas trip went well and you came out ahead! :woohoo:

I think you guys came up with an excellent strategy for discussing plans. If you're going to be doing the "what to you want to do?" spiel back and forth you might as well have a drink in your hand! That gum drop looks yummy!

One Man's Dream is on my bucket list. Definitely going to check it out next trip but I'm planning on spending plenty of time there on my solo trip.

The Osborne Lights look amazing! Glad DS enjoyed them!

What an amazing view of Wishes! Perfect way to end the night! :thumbsup2

I so agree with you about having a drink in your hand to discuss! And it totally worked and we made plans. Thank you Gumdrop and beer! :laughing:

Oh wonderful! When is your solo trip?! Now you can spend lots of time reading all the fun details and watching the movie in peace :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2Yay for a mega update.

First of all -what's not to LOVE about a FREE trip to Vegas plus loot! So glad you had a great time!

I love that mug. so cute. You definitely need to go back and get another one! what are you waiting for? :confused3

Love you Star Wars T. That is super cute. And I love the one you would have bought if the saize had been correct. also super cute!

So you left your mom and DH alone in the Tune In lounge? Didn't you do that last time? Glad they didn't get too carried away. :rotfl:

Yum - Onion Rings!

Probably said this before, but I love the view from your room. We are staying there again next December. :goodvibes

Hi MEK!!

You know, I don't know what i'm waiting for! We currently have no WDW plans so I better get on that and figure out what to do with my points :hyper:

I was so bummed we couldn't find DS's correct size for the SW shirt. DH really liked it too!

:rotfl: I always leave them alone in the Tune In Lounge. But last time I was responsible and took DS in the stroller with me to walk around. This time, I was irresponsible and left DS with them!

You lucky dog you, getting to stay there again in December? Studio?

So glad you had a good time in Vegas. And you came home a winner...always a good thing.

Love your mug...I picked that one up for my best friend, Nicki. Did you write Disney and ask them if they could replace it? It shouldn't shatter like that.

he video of DS in Honey I Shrunk is adorable, and I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:over DH and the woman with the dress on the slide. Such a typical man!

Adorable pictures with the speeder bike.

They went to Tune-In without you? I would have gone with you. But I'm glad you finally got to see One Man's Dream. Oh and Tune-In is now becoming a must stop for us on our day at the Studios.

Sci Fi Onion Rings!!! You are making me drool here.

What awesome, awesome pictures and video at the Osborne Lights. DS is sure enjoying them...it is obvious on that sweet face.

Nice firework pictures from your balcony.

I never once thought about writing to Disney! Because it didn't just crack, DH said it literally broke into tons of pieces. But he threw it away, so not sure if they would need a picture of it or what. :sad1:

I wouldn't expect anything less out of DH's mouth when I told him about the dress lady!! :rotfl2:

In 2013, they went to the lounge just the two of them and had, I think 2 or 3 drinks each, while I went to walk around (and actually, that's when my popcorn mug collection started, so I'm appreciative of that!) If you're ever in WDW or DLR at the same time, we must meet!

I am pretty sure relaxation and Vegas should not be used in the same sentence but I am glad you had a great trip, scored some free sunglasses and your DH had a good time, he deserved it and I imagine that made it so much better for you! I'm glad he isn't worse but sorry there is no improvement either.

I know! I think being able to go to bed and wake up whenever I wanted made the trip relaxing. Crazy!

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um...slides and dresses....two things that do not go together.

Definitely not!...but it did make me giggle a bit :rotfl2:

LOL! She is right though.

Lemonade maybe....

Lemonade with vodka perhaps??:rotfl2:

Ok that's pretty funny but it sounds like the mutual ditch worked out well for everyone

It really did though, so I was happy about it

Major seating score!

Totally! That seating area is highly desirable!

That is the first time I've seen that one. It's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it for Jeff lol!

I bet they would have had his size!

I am sad about the hat. I had the not so pleasurable experience of watching it slowly disappear during the PHM trip.

Oh my gosh, I saw a picture of it being dismantled in Rob's TR and it was not pretty. Where's the Disney magic in making it disappear in seconds??:confused3

This picture reminds me of The Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" video, you know, when Susanna Hoffs rolls her eyes? You were rolling your eyes intentionally, right?

:rotfl::rotfl2: I have not seen that video in forever!!! Wait, should I be offended that you assumed I knew that video back from the 80's??? How old do you think I am!? :scared1: :lmao:

Glad to hear you had a great time at Vegas - and to come out ahead is pretty darn good! Really, really glad to hear that the lights and sounds and smoke and other Vegasness didn't make things worse for DH and that he is still doing ok. :thumbsup2

I was definitely worried about the Vegasness getting to him and that we'd be confined to our room the whole trip, but thankfully, that did not happen!

That is a really cool mug you found - bummer about it having been broken. Definitely think a trip to WDW is in order to rectify the situation ;)

Right?! Glad i'm not the only one that thinks a trip will remedy the situation.

Quite the scenario with that slide! And clearly your DH has the proper reaction for being at a playground in Disney World :rotfl: On the plus side, she wasn't going commando that day :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: And if she was and DH saw it, he would have let me know about it!

This only reinforces my thinking that your mom and I would get along really well :thumbsup2

Oh yes, I think you would fit in nicely to the family :thumbsup2

Really glad that the Tune-in Lounge served its purpose of enabling you to see One Man's Dream. It really is wonderful! Plus I've been reading a bunch of those Disney Mystery type books lately (just finished the third in the Key to the Kingdom series) and a lot of the clues are found inside One Man's Dream

I need to look up Key to the Kingdom, haven't heard it, but always on the lookout for Disney books.

I love, love the ride models they have here - just fascinating to see how they lay them out and they kinda circle back on themselves but you don't realize it while you are on the ride

Those models are amazing and definitely my favorite thing to check out in there.

Glad you enjoyed dinner too - Judi pointed out that she has never been to Sci Fi before so I think it is on the short list for our next trip

Oooh, I think your kids would enjoy it as well as Judi! :hyper:

Can totally understand how the PP has to leave at some point and he seemed nice enough about it, but still a bit of a bummer. Glad it worked out though and you were able to capture the picture for that girl too

I could have cared less about us getting a photo, but I would have loved for the DCP girl to get the shot she was hoping for.

And how awesome to see the fireworks from your villa! Especially when you weren't necessarily expecting to have that view so super nice bonus!

I totally wasn't expecting it at all! I thought our villa would be angled away too much to catch any glimpse of it, but then I saw how great our view was, I was beyond thrilled.

Can't believe Honey I Shrunk the kids was so crowded. It's always been a ghost town for us. But if it hadn't been so crowded, maybe you wouldn't have had a front row pass to that poor lady and her unmentionables. Are they now mentionable since so many others got to "enjoy" them?

Love the way you all roll at MGM. Your Star Wars shirts are great. When in doubt for what to do, drink! Great idea to go see one mans dream while the family took in some more drinks. Literally laughing out loud at having to follow Mom around while shopping. That is how mine is too, but even without the drinks ; )

Yeah for SciFi. Those onion rings and that burger looks great. Especially at 9am when I'm hungry and would seriously demolish them right now.

The Osborne lights picture are beautiful. Especially the panoramic shots. It's almost like I'm there.

How amazing to get to see fireworks from your balcony on top of the lights. Glad you son loved them.

It's never, ever busy in the playground area, I couldn't believe it! And total :rotfl: about her now 'mentionables'!

Yep, DM is quite the shopper. She's just much worse when she has some alcohol in her.

Sci Fi has the best onion rings for sure. Don't you hate seeing food porn when you're hungry? Then you take a look at what you're really going to eat and just hate life :rotfl2:

Fried pickles are honestly one of my favourite things! I don't know how Disney does them...but if you have a Grand Lux cafe where you live...theirs are divine lol There are always so many awesome Disney souveniers it's impossible to choose...sigh!

Well, guess i'm adding fried pickles to my next trip To-Do List! :rotfl:

This has been rumoured for a while, but thankfully it keeps coming back, so who knows. I know they're planning changes to the park, but I hope beyond hope that this isn't one of those changes.

I have said it for a while, but I would not be surprised if Danielle came up with it as well. :thumbsup2

Oh gosh, I really hope this doesn't get changed. Instead, they should change it by adding more area for the Osborne Lights and extend it all the way to ToT! :hyper:

Well I thank both of you :goodvibes

From what I understand they're not replacing it with anything, they want a clear view of the Chinese Theater.

Thank goodness! Was thinking it was going to be a giant Olaf or something equally dumb :rotfl:

I can't believe that I never replied here!

Your time at the Playground was crazy. I'm sorry for that gal!

I can't believe your DH didn't get you a drink! Even if you went through One Man's Dream, he should have had a drink waiting for you, but you're right that would have required him to think about you....:rolleyes1

I can't wait to see you guys in two weeks! :banana:

Now under 2 weeks, we're sooo excited!:bounce:

Hey there! :)

So sorry to have gone missing; trying to keep my head about water as the term gets into full swing. 7 more weeks... :)

A day in DHS is always a great day, but a bonus is one where get to do something you've wanted to for a long time! GO you!

I need to check out that lounge sometime. In fact, I don't even think I've even seen pictures posted of it. Ever.

Great to hear you had a nice time in Vegas. Coming home a winner is awesome! :banana:

I'm shocked you get on the DIS at all with you being super busy! Thanks for using some of your precious time on my TR :goodvibes:goodvibes

Totally agree with you! One Man's Dream has been on my list for years so being able to do it felt great and I really enjoyed it!

Oh my goodness, you must at least pop your head into the lounge one day, it is themed perfectly.

I think coming home from Vegas in general is awesome, especially after seeing the Hangover!:lmao:

Hi! We are back and I am ALL caught up! :thumbsup2

First off - that is some great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then ..... I just loved your day at the Studios. Thank you for giving me a good laugh picturing the lady bouncing off the slide. :rotfl2:

How awesome you got to see One Man's Dream. This is one of my favourite attractions. I just love looking at all the stuff in there.

And the view of the fireworks from your villa was just stunning. Great location.

Needless to say that I just loved seeing your adorable little man. He is just too cute!!!!

Welcome back Karin!!!:banana:

Is it bad that I wish I had a picture or video of that lady?!

OMD is just amazing. Reading and hearing about Walt's life and seeing all the models was so much fun.

I'm playing catch up. Scary about your DH's health scare but glad to hear they didn't find anything serious. Hope he continues to get back to normal.

What a fun day at DHS. Your DS is adorable!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill, we're thinking about getting a second opinion here soon.

It really was such a fun day despite the late start!

I'm so behind. I read everyone's updates on my phone and then never end up commenting.

Yay for winning in Vegas! I love when that happens!

Very nice day at the studios, everyone got to do what they like! And then you got milkshakes! Love the Sci Fi Dine in! And to top the day off with fireworks from your balcony, priceless!

Our very first trip to Vegas we came out even, which I thought was good. Now we came back ahead, which was terrific! Was does this mean for the next trip?! That i'll be able to buy a home at Disney's Golden Oak?! :banana:

DD11 (my disney nerd partner in crime) and I LOVED one man's dream. We decided to stay at DHS all day while DH opted to nap at the hotel in preparation for his race, and that's one of the things we did. I'm so happy she loves Disney as much as I do!

When we were there, they were setting up Osborne Lights. It was like a tease :sad2: One of these days I'll see it in person!!!!!!

Aw that's awesome you and your daughter were able to spend some quality time together at DHS. I'm actually looking forward to the day when DS and I can have little dates like that :goodvibes

Oh gosh, that is such a tease! Definitely got to see it sometime, it's just brilliant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter