• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Love the mini vacations. Just enough to recharge your batteries. Nothing better then to sit on the beach at the Poly.

I feel liek you and Sonia are about one step away from moving into Jelly Rolls ... you guys are always there! It's great that you found a place you enjoy so much!

It sounds like you've had a nice mix of work & play lately, which is always really nice!

so if I am reading this correctly, you like going to Jelly Rolls? ;) Honestly, if I was in your spot I would be there like every night

Great park pictures - especially like the shot of Splash Mountain

Drinking hot chocolate on the beach at the Poly watching a Disney Movie is a pretty darn nice evening

I've been MIA lately and I just finished catching up! I've never been to Jelly Rolls but I think I'm going to have to next time I'm in WDW! I'm really enjoying reading your updates because you just exude happiness! I'm also following you on instagram now (kelphenstine) so thanks for posting the link!

I am sorry for the delay in posting! Unfortunately there has been a few bumps in the road the past couple of weeks since I've written an update. My friend Sonia has to leave for a month due to family problems and we are hoping she will be able to come back from California before our new lease starts in July so that we don't lose our new apartment.

I haven't had many park adventures as life has sort of gotten a little bit stressful! I have been looking for a part-time job to supplement the Disney paycheck so I've been busy with applications, but hoping to find something soon and get re-settled into life. Just a lot of uncertainty right now, but staying positive and hopeful that things will fall together soon!

Oh no!! Hope all goes well and Sonia can return. Also sorry you have to find a 2nd job! Every time you post your hours it seems like you're working SO many hours for Disney, I don't see where you'll fit a 2nd job in lol!!
Is there any way you can pick up more hours in another dept. with Disney? I know since starting at Starbucks you've worked some hours at World of Disney I believe......although I suppose if that were an option, you wouldn't be looking for a part-time job :worried:

I'm sure things will work out! There's always bumps in the road my friend, part of life ::yes:: Keep your chin up and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Oh no! I'm sorry things are up in the air! Hopefully it will all settle down ok. I was going to ask the same thing - is it not possible to try to get more hours within Disney? How would you work around your Disney schedule with another job? Not trying to be negative...you gotta do what you gotta do...but you seem pretty busy already and you don't want to be overloaded...Crossing fingers that it all gets sorted out soon.

Sorry to hear about the stress you're experiencing!
I hope that things get resolved soon and that Sonia can come back in time to move in and you get a job that will fit in well wth your schedule and help supplement your Disney income. It's definitely rough when your Disney job doesn't cover all the bills, but I hope things normalize soon!

I've been mia the last month or so, but have enjoyed catching up on your adventures! I hope all goes well with your friend and a new job and the apartment.....it's never easy when things are up in the air like that!

Hope everything goes well with your apartment and second job search! Are you allowed to have multiple Disney jobs?

PS I love all your photos. Makes me so excited for my trip in a month!

Reading this for the first time (been avoiding because I keep getting nostalgia flareups from my College Program days whenever talk of working at Disney comes up). Definitely ask your manager about crosstraining; unless things have changed drastically there's a pretty robust system in place for signing up for extra hours at alternate locations once you've got the training. I know in costuming we could ask to be trained in additional areas and shows and it increased our chances of getting more (and more fun) assignments.

I hope by now things have gotten better. Did you look into getting the second job at Disney will the roommate be able to move in with you? I hope so.

By any chance were you near the American Pavilion on Monday, May 4th? purple backpack, minnie ears? If not, you certainly had a twin! LOL.

Just found this report yesterday! Brings me back to my CP days! My husband and I did the same thing and took a leap of faith and moved to Orlando in 2010. He worked for Disney while I was a teacher. I wanted to work for Disney again part time during the summer of 2011 but we had a 1 year old and I didn't want to work 40 hours per week during the summer so it didn't work out.

I hope things all come together for you!

I just discovered this report today, and I read this entire thread in one sitting. I've been missing Disney lately (I moved from California last year and miss being close to Disneyland, and last week my best friend was at Disney World with her family), and all of your adventures were just the pick-me-up I was looking for today. You look like you're about my age, so it's been so fun reading your updates and living the Disney dream through your experiences. :goodvibes I started following you on Instagram (I'm @allmadefromstories), and I'll be subscribing to this thread so that I can stay up-to-date. Congratulations on becoming a CM and your weight loss!

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you've been dealing with. As someone who's hit a few bumps over the past few months, I completely understand how you're feeling. Everything fell into place for me a couple of weeks ago, so I hope everything works out for you too! Keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter