• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"I bet they get Charmin" A May 2014 Girls Trip **04/03 THE END**

Day 2, Part 2: An Almost Dis-meet

More theme appreciation.

001_zpsdb06d27e.jpg

I love a good pun.

Given that I'd made Marie go on Dinosaur, she was going to pay me back by picking another ride.

002_zpsbfa3d7e5.jpg

Primeval Whirl. Not my favorite. I'd like it more if it didn't spin.

We were about to get on the ride when a guest relations CM approaches us and asks the girls if it is their first visit and then for their names. She was playing Guest Relations Bingo, apparently and we helped her out. Which I thought was pretty cool.

First though, we got a group picture.

003_zpsb254b9e9.jpg

Divided, incidentally, by footwear.

004_zpsec2a0e20.jpg

Marie was riding with Veronica and Merranda.

I, therefore, rode with Eli and Traci. No pictures though.

005_zps18a4a9ec.jpg

I know some people aren't a fan of Hester and Chester's, but I really like the themeing over there.

006_zpsdfc2c313.jpg

Photo op time!

007_zps2150bde9.jpg

Traci took our picture and then took a selfie with the camera that we warned would be going up. I did promise glamorous selfies, after all.

008_zps40938f55.jpg

So much glamor.

Now that we'd finished that, we headed on our way. The plan was to start heading over toward Africa.

009_zps99a3d425.jpg

010_zps8ad13bfb.jpg

Except we got distracted.

011_zpscd8e8261.jpg

By pins, of course.

And then, we decided that since there was no wait, we might as well go meet Donald and Daisy. It hadn't been planned because I was still sad with them for taking Pooh and Tigger's spot, but the girls wanted to so we did.

First, we met Daisy.

012_zps09a92b3f.jpg

Traci is stealing the show here.

013_zpsee95a38c.jpg

And here. That's why there are both, because I couldn't pick.

So we're waiting in line for Donald next and the couple in front of us has 'Happily Ever After' buttons. So, being the obnoxious group of girls we were, after I pointed it out to everyone else, we all yelled congratulations to them really loudly. I thought they probably thought we were crazy.

Only, come to find out, it was another Dis-er! That's right, it was dramadrew and his husband! I found out later that night when I was on the May Facebook group and saw a picture he had posted there. That's right, we were that close to an actual, real, Dismeet. So close.

Alas, given that we didn't know that at the time, we simply went on to meet Donald. He's quite the ladies man.

014_zps1b166d4e.jpg

Once more we are properly separated by footwear choices.

015_zpsa6cb0d9b.jpg

And yet again, Traci steals the show.

Now that we'd finished meeting the ducks, we continued on for real.

016_zpse5d695c2.jpg

Or, not so much.

017_zps4c18aa2d.jpg

Because Traci saw baby Pegasus and had to have him. He is a cutie, I'll give her that.

But now we were really on our way. We had a FP+ to make, after all.

018_zps3866b1f0.jpg

019_zps47713953.jpg

020_zpsa61a3b70.jpg

We thought about seeing Flights of Wonder this time around, but Eli has a huge fear of birds, so that was not going to happen.

021_zps12b7d55d.jpg

Tree of Life.

022_zps796aa82c.jpg

I love the signage here.

023_zpse3c9bcc9.jpg

Animal Kingdom, I think I like your theming the best of all the parks, I won't lie.

024_zps496e9ed5.jpg

So pretty.

Up next: Our first FP+ of the day!

Click for next post

Officially joining in!! You all are adorable and I love the matching shirts :goodvibes

Aww, I'm implied in the title of your post. :thumbsup2 I love your pose with Daisy. And I'm glad you girls could make Donald happy after us since we teased him. You have pictures of details in Dinoland I did not even notice! So cute.

Hahaha, setting the alarm like an old fashioned person. :thumbsup2

Animal Kingdom takes a while to get used to. I'm there literally all the time, and I get a bit turned around.

Dinosaur!!! I love that ride. It is my goal in life to get amazing ride photos every time.

Welcome Traci!

Wow, amazing! That sounds awesome about the cruise! I'm totally jealous.

Man, so close to that DISmeet and yet so far away. You can count it though, you totally shouted at each other.

I'm so jealous of your upcoming cruise! If there's one thing I love as much as disney it's cruises, something about being in the middle of the ocean at night is magical (do you see a trend, I like the night lol) you two will have a great time! It's like sinful how cheap it is for you, not fair!

I'm with Eli, I'm terrified of birds, I can no longer trust them after being attacked by them at a bird house at a zoo.

Love that picture with Daisy, so fabulous! And Donald <3 Donald is my boy. Love him.

Oooooohhh!! So exciting, the cruise sounds amazing! I love cruising, waiting for the little one to get a bit older before we cruise again.
The group character pics are absolutely adorable!! :cutie:

Oh wow Amber, this came out of nowhere. That's awesome you get to take a cruise, and soon, for what is obviously an incredible deal!!

But if Primeval Whirl didn't spin, what would be the point? :p It would just be called Primeval...

I think once you understand the point of Hester and Chester, the theming really stands out.

Ahaha comical to have a DISmeet and not even know it. That's so funny.

Oh man - I hope you have an amazing time on your cruise! I think I'm working in the wrong industry! :rotfl2:

Animal Kingdom... love the theming, hate the walking. Meh. Looks like you're off to a good start though!

Wow - that's awesome about the cruise! Good deal! Based on your advice thought either my wife needs to get into the travel industry or we will need get some big-love scenario going ;)

I love the theming of Chester and Hester's and just all the thought that went into it.

Wow, Traci does really steal all the photos doesn't she?

To be fair, I didn't mean to steal the photos I was just having one of my silly days and it was early (for me) in the morning. Not to mention I was actually grasping that I was finally at Disney and done with College for the summer, so in result, well today's pictures are quite, er, me like.

I am so obsessed with your TRs! Amber, you look so great and I am so glad you are feeling better! I love the cute curly hair you have going on now!! I am I love with all of your shirts Marie! where do you get them? I too, am the planner and Marie, your plans give me such great ideas! I can't wait to see how all 3 TRs end!!

Francine

Officially joining in!! You all are adorable and I love the matching shirts :goodvibes

Hi Courtney! :welcome: And :blush: thank you. Glad to have you here. I totally creeped on your most recent TR just after it finished.

Aww, I'm implied in the title of your post. :thumbsup2 I love your pose with Daisy. And I'm glad you girls could make Donald happy after us since we teased him. You have pictures of details in Dinoland I did not even notice! So cute.

Andrew, of course you are, it was an almost important moment :thumbsup2 just kidding, it was important, it was just almost a first for us.

I love Dinoland. It's probably my favorite place in AK

Hahaha, setting the alarm like an old fashioned person. :thumbsup2

Animal Kingdom takes a while to get used to. I'm there literally all the time, and I get a bit turned around.

Dinosaur!!! I love that ride. It is my goal in life to get amazing ride photos every time.

Welcome Traci!

Wow, amazing! That sounds awesome about the cruise! I'm totally jealous.

Man, so close to that DISmeet and yet so far away. You can count it though, you totally shouted at each other.

I know. So retro.

I think I've got the layout down, but Marie does have more issues with it than I do. ;)

Dinosaur appreciation ftw! :cool2:

Marie's perks are too good sometimes. It's really a blessing.

:scratchin I should count it, shouldn't I? Yes, I think I will.

I'm so jealous of your upcoming cruise! If there's one thing I love as much as disney it's cruises, something about being in the middle of the ocean at night is magical (do you see a trend, I like the night lol) you two will have a great time! It's like sinful how cheap it is for you, not fair!

I'm with Eli, I'm terrified of birds, I can no longer trust them after being attacked by them at a bird house at a zoo.

Love that picture with Daisy, so fabulous! And Donald <3 Donald is my boy. Love him.

Thanks :) It's only going to be our second cruise, so I'm pretty excited. And it is almost sinful. Plus we get elite perks... I feel bad. We're not fancy enough to pull it off.

I'm alright with birds, but Eli has a super bad fear, so we decided not to torture her :thumbsup2

It was a great decision to meet them and we did get some pretty fab pictures, no doubt.

Oooooohhh!! So exciting, the cruise sounds amazing! I love cruising, waiting for the little one to get a bit older before we cruise again.
The group character pics are absolutely adorable!! :cutie:

Thank you :) And that'll be so great. What cruise line are you planning on taking him on? Got any DCL plans (I wish we were going on a Disney cruise)

And everyone tried to be cute (just kidding, I was the only one to try), so thanks ;)

Oh wow Amber, this came out of nowhere. That's awesome you get to take a cruise, and soon, for what is obviously an incredible deal!!

But if Primeval Whirl didn't spin, what would be the point? :p It would just be called Primeval...

I think once you understand the point of Hester and Chester, the theming really stands out.

Ahaha comical to have a DISmeet and not even know it. That's so funny.

Yeah, Marie can only get additional time off 3 weeks in advance and the free cruises are usually pretty last minute too. So, we lucked out in a lot of ways.

Primeval... that's fine by me ;)

Story of my life. I missed the DISmeet while it was happening :rotfl2:

Oh man - I hope you have an amazing time on your cruise! I think I'm working in the wrong industry! :rotfl2:

Animal Kingdom... love the theming, hate the walking. Meh. Looks like you're off to a good start though!

Well, the money isn't great (at her job) so there has to be something to make up for that, right?

AK is a beautiful park, but agreed, the walking gets tough, no doubt

Wow - that's awesome about the cruise! Good deal! Based on your advice thought either my wife needs to get into the travel industry or we will need get some big-love scenario going ;)

I love the theming of Chester and Hester's and just all the thought that went into it.

Wow, Traci does really steal all the photos doesn't she?

Either/or would work :p That's a personal choice though and I can't be held responsible for anything that happens because of it ;)

Me too. Even if it isn't the most 'magical' area, it is so amazingly themed.

Yes, yes she does. But oh well, we love her anyway :thumbsup2

To be fair, I didn't mean to steal the photos I was just having one of my silly days and it was early (for me) in the morning. Not to mention I was actually grasping that I was finally at Disney and done with College for the summer, so in result, well today's pictures are quite, er, me like.

Sure, sure :rolleyes2 You purposely tried to out diva me and you know it. :sad2: It's okay, I forgive you. And you do look super fab, so it's okay. I still love you.

I am so obsessed with your TRs! Amber, you look so great and I am so glad you are feeling better! I love the cute curly hair you have going on now!! I am I love with all of your shirts Marie! where do you get them? I too, am the planner and Marie, your plans give me such great ideas! I can't wait to see how all 3 TRs end!!

Francine

:welcome: Hello Francine! I'm so touched that you like the TRs, it makes me feel all happy.

Aww :blush: Thank you. I'm not really a fan of the curls yet (Maybe I'll grow to like them with so more time) but thanks for the well wishes.

I'll let Marie hand the stuff directed to her ;)

And only 2 left to wonder about now since I just finished the October one tonight. I hope you like it :)

We have cruised 3x with DCL and loved it! I totally recommend it! We had one planned for the fall but since DD isn't potty trained yet she wouldn't be allowed in the pools, so we decided to visits the parks again. I've never cruised non-Disney but definitely will. Hope y'all have an amazing time!! :beach:

Have so much fun on the cruise!

Last year I was in Ft. Lauderdale for the 4th of July. If you were able to, find a spot on the beach (we had a private beach at my cousin's condo but honestly any of the beaches would work). From where we were around 8-ish that night we saw the Ft. Lauderdale fireworks, the Lauderdale-by-the-Sea fireworks, the Hollywood fireworks, as well as a bit of the Miami fireworks and what we assume were one of the Keys' fireworks. It was one of my favorite 4th of July experiences.

We have cruised 3x with DCL and loved it! I totally recommend it! We had one planned for the fall but since DD isn't potty trained yet she wouldn't be allowed in the pools, so we decided to visits the parks again. I've never cruised non-Disney but definitely will. Hope y'all have an amazing time!! :beach:

It's on the bucket list for sure.

And that makes sense. You can always take him later. And a trip to the parks is awesome.

Thanks so much, we totally will :)

Have so much fun on the cruise!

Last year I was in Ft. Lauderdale for the 4th of July. If you were able to, find a spot on the beach (we had a private beach at my cousin's condo but honestly any of the beaches would work). From where we were around 8-ish that night we saw the Ft. Lauderdale fireworks, the Lauderdale-by-the-Sea fireworks, the Hollywood fireworks, as well as a bit of the Miami fireworks and what we assume were one of the Keys' fireworks. It was one of my favorite 4th of July experiences.

Thank you, we will :)

Thanks for the advice, we will definitely try and see if it's possible to get to the beach because that sounds amazing

Gasp, another update by Amber? Does this mean the group splits again? Nope. It doesn't. It means Marie has been busy and I'm just going to take this update and she'll take the next.

I know, you signed on for two narrators and you're getting extra Amber. I'm sorry. But it was this or wait longer for an update. Marie does plan on writing the next one before we leave for our cruise and I'll try and get another one in before then too.

Now, onward.​

Day 2, Part 3: Simba One

Our first fastpass, was of course for the Safari. The FP+ line was actually pretty lengthy, to the point where Marie didn't believe me when I told her that it was the proper line.

66hixv.jpg

sxlw5v.jpg

2aeze42.jpg

However, it still didn't take long for us to get to the front of the line and take the back two rows of the car. I rode with Merranda and Eli and Marie rode with Veronica and Traci.

wtd47a.jpg

I'm just going to post some highlights here since it was your typical Safari without anything super amazing happening (Marie and I have both devoted Safari updates in our other TRs so we figure that it's okay not to do it quite as much this time).

We did have a really great guide (whose name I forgot to write down, but I did later leave a comment for her in guest relations) and we were on Simba One as our truck.

2cmw4lu.jpg

Hello Mr. Rhino.

156477s.jpg

And hello Mrs. Giraffe.

After this we got stuck in kind of a bad area where we could see the elephants just a little but mostly just trees because a giraffe had wandered in front of another truck. So we just had to wait.

b5fadv.jpg

We did get this picture during that time. And learned some from our guide until we were able to move again.

333wvvd.jpg

Baby elephant!

Around here our guide's mic had started to go out and she was doing her best to keep talking and let us hear but it just wasn't working that well. I do give her props though because she was great.

14vnsyp.jpg

Our camera decided that the grass was clearly the thing to focus on here.

nqr7eb.jpg

But we did get a picture of the sassy cheetah.

20hkh3p.jpg

This is the picture Eli snapped of the lion and actual the one way that we saw him because from the truck you just couldn't see him. At least not from our angle in the back.

minuj5.jpg

Warthog has got to eat.

23w8axd.jpg

Hmm, one of these things is not like the other.

f28taa.jpg

And some curly horns to round out the trip.

Once our two weeks out on safari were finished, we decided that we were going to walk the Pangani Forest Trail for the first time.

fm2zo6.jpg

20kda51.jpg

2ps36sh.jpg

This guy is a cutie.

33m1lc8.jpg

Also cuties.

2j0c8jn.jpg

Hello fishies.

263x7oh.jpg

You are not a fishie. But it was still super cool to actually see this guy up close. I'm glad we did this for the first time.

20873u0.jpg

More fishies because they're great.

2d7emf6.jpg

I didn't even know meerkats were down the trail but I'm glad they were. They're so cute.

2ytsc2g.jpg

This guy just looked at us like he was staring into our soul.

vzze39.jpg

This guy was a bit better.

So this was our first time down the trail and we thought that it was pretty awesome. Not something to do every time, but I'm glad that we got to see it all and everyone else seemed to like it too.

Click for next post

Nice safari pics! I agree that is one sassy cheetah :rotfl:

I haven't done Pangani in forever, but those meerkats are so cute!!

I don't know if they just give out a ton of FP for the safari or what but it seems quite often that the FP return line is crazy long. And that happened in the days of FP- too so it isn't just a FP+ thing

The trails are definitely something cool to do if you want something to do at your own pace and just relax a bit. Love the gorillas!

Love the safari, that baby elephant didn't look too little to me! AK really is such a pretty park isn't it?

When's the cruise? Any chance of a trip report for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter