I am such a confused person - November?

Lambert808

Save a life - Spay/Neuter your Pet!
Ok, we were thinking of going the first week of December, but the weather seems so iffy, and the school kids for football/cheerleading are all there - now we are thinking beginning of November? Still value rates, but better weather?

How is November there? Should we just stick with December? Our dd will be 8 yo by then, and we really want us to all have a great time!

Thanks for any encouragement on this!

We've been there in both months, and had a great time either way. The biggest difference was that Christmas decorations were up in December, which could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on your perspective. (Personally, I love both Christmas AND WDW, and have decided that I'd rather enjoy them at different times!)

Both trips had days that were warm enough for shorts, and times we needed long pants and light jackets. We were there in January this year, and needed jackets a good bit of the time. We still swam though; the pools are heated, and we just wrapped up in towels when we got out of the water.

We were there mid-November (married there Nov 17). The weather was perfect. It rained one day, but this didn't put too much of a "damper" on things. Mainly because the crowds are so light...we didn't have to wait out in the rain for anything. The reat of the time the temperatures were mild and enjoyable. Also, the Christmas decorations were already up in the resorts and were being put up in the parks. Beautiful and relaxing time of year for a WDW trip. Just do not go the week of Thanksgiving and expect it to not be busy. We were there the week before that and it only started getting busy the last weekend we were there.

We've gone that time of year for a long time, and have had almost all nice weather in November and December. November was slightly warmer, neither have had too heavy of rains.

In November there is a Food and Wine Festival in EPCOT, which is a lot of fun. Our days are usually spent in one park until our afternoon break, then EPCOT in the evening to stroll and snack. December is wonderful though with everything decorated, Christmas music and special shows and events.

Thank you so much! It is funny - everyone seems to have slightly different views on everything ::yes:: I think that is why I am so confused :teeth: We are open still, our main reason for beginning of Dec was dd usually gets 2 days off of school. But it looks like those days maybe the week right afer Thanksgiving - I don't want to fly in Thanksgiving day weekend :earseek: So beginning of Nov is looking great now too!

Thanks so much for all of the opinions :D I appreciate it so much!

We've been twice the first week of November, and twice the first week of December. I much prefer the first week of November -- lighter crowds, warmer weather. The Christmas decorations are the only draw for me in December - both times I was there in December it was cold, almost as cold as what I would have had at home, plus it was a wet cold. Did not make for a happy trip. I'd pick the first week of November - the weather is glorious and the Food and Wine Festival is not to be missed. :)

I am trying to remember, but I think that New Jersey has a 4 day weekend the 2nd weekend in Nov. And from what I have read on the boards... A lot of people go to WDW for those 4 days.. You might want to put a post up to find out those days..

We've been to WDW four times - always in November and are going then this year too!!!! The crowds are low (even during Jersey Week) and the weather has always been excellent - temps in the mid 70's to mid 80's (sometimes reaching the 90's) and only a couple of days of rain in all the times we've gone. It does get a bit cooler in the evenings but only ever fleece and jeans cold - we've never had to resort to hats and gloves yet!!!

Personally I can't imagine going any other time!::yes:: :teeth:

Thank you so much!! That is it. November it is. DH and I keep going back and forth. I am so worried about making a wrong choice. We are from NY - we want WARM weather when we go, not hot, but certainly not 7 days of winter coats :crazy: November sounds just right then for us. Now to make a reservation and wait for a room code or package deal! I don't even care WHERE we stay. LOL!! I just want to go. ::yes::

We've done both November and December, and we prefer November. December is nice with the Christmas Decorations and all the extra events (MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, etc). But in early December the weather is iffier, and you do have Pop-Warner to deal with (we didn't have much trouble). November tends to be a bit warmer and you have the Epcot Food and Wine Festival early in the month. Of course, you do have Jersey Week...

ToTLaughter- LOL! See, that is exactly what DH and I have been doing all month. Going back and forth. LOL! Time to look at the calendar and pick a date and make those reservations :hyper: I can only hope a great package or room deal comes out that we can get in on ::yes::

how warm is early November?
My DH is concerned that its not going to be warm enough to "feel" like Florida, in November. Definitely want to be able to wear shorts, and swim!

ps... TOTLAUGHER...... hi ! :wave2:

You should be fine with shorts in November, and most of the time in early December, although you should definately pack long pants just in case. The last time we were there in Nov. it rained one whole day and it did get a little chilly. I really like the Christmas Decorations in December. November is nice also - just avoid Jersey Week and Super Soaps weekend at MGM. I've heard that Veterans day weekend gets crowded as well. We've been the week after Veteran's day and it wasn't bad at all crowd-wise. I think you'll enjoy either time!!

Hi I saw your posts and though I just had to give you my input as well. I have been to Disney 4 Times and I have to say that the best trip I ever had was in October. It was not crowded at all, we stood in no lines for anything and the weather was still summerlike, we swam every day even at night, in my opinion it is the very best time of year to go, and now on certain nights they have the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party, at the Magic Kingdom. I also believe it is considered value season, but not totally sure. Give it some thought
Kim

Kim, we are now considering the last weekend of Oct/first week of Nov.

anyone know how Halloween weekend is there? Is the price higher? Busier? Fun?

I agree with nowellsl about shorts in November. When we were there then, it was shorts everyday except one (a cloudy and cooler day). We did switch to long pants some evenings, but it wasn't bad. Other evenings were still fine for swimming.

December was cooler. Definitely too cool in the morning to think shorts!

PS. Hi DisneyDebi!

and although it is a tough choice ...I would go with early December. Yes...the Pop Warner players and their infamous cheerleaders are there but they are not all that bad. The big plus are the Christmas decorations. It is really a different place with them. We were there two years in December and it was 80 every day and only down to around 65 every night. Went swimming twice. We were there last November and the weather was not as good. Both times are great but I vote for the first of December.

Enjoy!

Not all of October is value season - when we went last year on 10/24 it was regular season and the hotel was more expensive. It was worth it however for MNSSHP. That was great! We're definately planning to do that again this year!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter