I am On Wheelchair!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by chjony, Apr 27, 2011.

1. chjony

chjony mrswivel

Hello Everybody,

I am from Houston. I am 35.
    New to the site Just reading through the posts.

Two monts ago I had an severe accident and changed my life. Now i often think What was i and what am i. I was like a bird love to fly. but now I could not move away without a while chair, I can't get into my favorite car without the swivel. It always worries me that My flying nature is only begin controlled by some of the device.:sick::sick:
    After all it's also part of human life.
    I am happy find an abundance of advices and info here
    I am really happy to be a part of you.

Have a nice time :flower3::flower3:

2. peemagg

peemagg <font color=blue>We are doing the AKL tri-fecta<br

Hang in there. I'm 41 and getting my first set of wheels soon, but I don't look at it as a downside of things I can't do. I look at it as opening up my life to more things that I wouldn't be able to do without the wheels. To me it is opening up more doors than it closes.

Yes, there are things that I wish and miss that I used to do, but without either a chair or a scooter, there is a lot less that I would be able to do.

Just look at all you couldn't do without yours and you will be surprised how it changes your outlook.

3. goingroundthebend

goingroundthebend Mouseketeer

hi like yourself I found myself in a wheelchair due to accident at the age of 37 and it was one hell of a shock but hang on it does get better .

I was sued to wheelchairs as ds uses one and have friends in them .But going from walking running round to wheels does take time to adjust and i am still in that akward stage myself.

But I have decide that since it will be permant ( spinal cord injury )~ that I am not going to let it affect me .To the point I have decide that we are still going to do the trip to Florida next year that we had already booked before the accident .Mad maybe but I am refusing to let it curtail my life .Ask me after i been i may say something else though

Think the key is preparation oh and pratice self propelling though will hire powerchair to .