I Am Majorly Bummed!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by lisa6373, Sep 6, 2008.

1. lisa6373

lisa6373 Mouseketeer

I have applied for many house parties as am sure many of you have and haven't gotten in. Well...I applied for the Canon one and wouldn't you know it, I received an e-mail yesterday that I was one of the finalists. I just had to be one of the first 500 to complete the invites etc. Well, my husband and I go away once a year to celebrate our anniversary. We are only gone one night. GUESS WHEN THAT NIGHT WAS? AHHHH I couldn't believe I missed it. Taking photos and scrapbooking are my biggest hobbies. Why oh why do the house party gods have something against me? :confused3

2. lisadr

lisadr <font color=blue>I amused the bejeedles out of mys

Hey from one Lisa to another can you give me the lowdown on house parties-I am totally in the dark????

Thanks!

3. kadesha

kadesha DIS Veteran

I'm in the dark too!! I've been trying to figure out what people are talking about!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Mickeyherewecome123

Mickeyherewecome123 DIS Veteran

check out houseparty.com

6. lisa6373

lisa6373 Mouseketeer

http://www.houseparty.com/

Check out the website. Like I said I've never gotten in, but basically they are advertising/promoting. You apply for a party that interests you, and if you get in, they send you a kit of supplies to enable you to host a "party" that will promote the product or tv show or whatever. Some of the kits include some pretty valuable products. The one I missed out on said it contained $190 worth of stuff!

7. lisadr

lisadr <font color=blue>I amused the bejeedles out of mys

Thanks Lisa! This is really neat! I am sorry you couldn't have yours-but I hope you are picked for another one soon!!

8. travelmel

travelmel Blue Banana Vacation Club

Sorry Lisa... I'll pity party with you though!

I got a pin code for free dining at WDW and I can't go :sad:

I've never been to WDW and ... well, it's just sickeningly sad! LOL

So there.. we can host a House-Pity Party! :lmao:

Melissa

P.S. I just signed up for the barilla party.. what the heck. If I've gotta stay home I might as well get free food!