I am I understanding correctly

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by momtolittlered, May 16, 2007.

1. momtolittlered

momtolittlered Mouseketeer

My daughter will be 10 when we arrive at Disney. We have purchased DDP we will all be counted as adults, this is not a problem. When my daughter really wants that grill cheese sandwich off the kids menu can she not order it? We are obviously paying the adult price and thats ok, will any restaurant make the ocassional exception?:confused3 ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

I am sure that you could request a grilled cheese and they would make it for her, but still dock her a Adult Credit..

4. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

They will probably allow you to use an adult credit for a kid's meal....more profit for Disney.

One thing to consider if you are actually doing that...ask server if you can buy the grill cheese sandwhich OOP (out-of-pocket) and use TS credits for your meals...save the TS credit for your daughter for another meal....just an idea...if you do this 2 or 3 times, you can stretch your TS credits to get another TS meal. (They may have gotten more strict about this lately, maybe other posters could comment if this is feasible.)

SkierPete

5. momtolittlered

momtolittlered Mouseketeer

This is nice to know:goodvibes Thanks for your replies:thumbsup2

6. Tink10

Tink10 Always Lurking

Are there really any TS places anymore that even have a grilled cheese?

7. mylightshines

mylightshines Mouseketeer

She can order off the kids menu. I have a 13-yo who always eats off the kids' menu. Unless it's a buffet. So we pay OOP for her meal and use her credit towards another meal. That way, you actually get another meal or two during your week's stay. We always advise the waiter that we are on the dining plan, but we are paying OOP for her. We have never had a problem.

8. hansel1

hansel1 DIS Veteran

Sci-fi diner let our family do this in January. They also let us order a cheeseburger for dinner.

I'm sure they don't like to make exceptions a habit, but they will try to accomodate when they can.