I am determined, but I just don't know how

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
I have been to WDW several times. Each time I simply call Walt Disney World Travel and book a package with air. We are a family of four and travel from NY. We ususally stay 8-9 nights and the package usually costs about $4000.

I am determined this time to bring this cost down. I have to add though that we are traveling during Easter Break this year. I have children and can only go during school breaks.

I just made a reservations for POR and got a rate of $194 per night. How do I go about getting a better rate?

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP:)

Perhaps you can price out each component of your vacation and see if that will save you any money. There are six of our family going to WDW for the first time in December and by doing each part individually;park tickets, 2 rooms, transportation to and from the airport, MVMCP tickets and airline tickets, we were able to save over $1,000.00!!!!!!!!:teeth: I feel for the little bit of research I did, it was sure worth it.

$1,000.00 is a lot of food and souveniers.

HTH

:earsgirl: :sunny:

I agree, pricing everything seperately on your own can usually save you money.
Keep your reservation, but check out http://MouseSavers.com , she always has the most current discounts on rooms. Keep checking her site and hopefully WDW will have some discounts available before your trip. If they do, just call and have your reservation changed to the new rate.
Some people say to make a new reservation with the new rate and then call and cancel the old one. I'm not sure which is best.
Also, check out her info on where to get the best ticket prices.
Good Luck!:D

Does anyone have any experience in getting a better moderate for Easter vacation?

DW when we are planning a trip, on any given time of the year, will check rates sometimes daily.

She will watch these boards, etc. I have seen her have as many as 6 different reservations going at any given time!

I have given up trying to figure out how she does it.

Disney doesn't (usually)discount the rooms Easter week. If you want to save $ you may have to look offsite.

That is what I was afraid of. I will keep checking though.

Have tou considered renting DVC points? We did this last March and paid ony 99 a night for Old Key West Studio. I would look into that since you still have a good bit of time.

Thanks for the tip. I never would have thought of that because I don't know much about renting DVC points. Let me go and do some research. Oh sure, I bet I'll have a million questions.

Thanks Again!

It's true that Disney rarely has discounts at that time, but even if they were going to, it's too early for 2004. The rates aren't even set yet!

Maybe you could look into travelling over another school break? Some schools have a long weekend that you can stretch into a week and only have the kids out for 2 or 3 days. It can really make a difference in your cost! For example, NJ has 2 days off in November. And a lot of Florida schools have time off in October.

I've rented DVC points before, and it's a great option. BUT, you'll want to find someone to get you a room soon, because they can be booked 11 from the travel dates and I'd guess Easter fills up fast!

Good luck!

We have gotten discounted rooms at the Swan over Easter. Is someone traveling with you a nurse, teacher,or government worker? They all get excellent rates, also there are entertainment rates at the Swan and Dolphin. I paid less than you are ($129 per night plus the $10 resort fee) and the S/D is definately deluxe not moderate. The Swan is my favorite resort.:)

I would change your travel dates. If you went in the summer you would have greater flexibility with your dates and some of the deluxe resorts start value season around July4th. Even the other resorts with reg season prices would be better. I just don't think the mods are worth $194. I agree to book everything separate.

Thanks for all the advice. Keep it coming! I can't change our travel dates though. Without starting a big discussion about school, I won't take the kids out. The summer is just way to hot for us as we have been before and know our limits. We usually go over President's week, but have a longer break over Easter and we wanted to spend some more time this year.

I will keep checking for discounted rates. My husband is a government worker, but I wasn't aware of any discount at the Swan. I will check into that right now.

Thanks Again!

My family must vacation during school breaks as well. I work for our local district. We had a rate of $85 per night at POR last year. This was in June not over Easter though. I would look into going in the summer also if you wish to save money. We did Disney for under $6000 for 13 nights 14 days ( 4 adults). A big part of the cost was for PAP for 4 adults. We used these on two more trips so I went with my sisters over spring break the following year for under $500! This was only one adult and we drove... These amounts include food, spending money and all. Is there a reason why you don't like the All Star Resorts? They are smaller but can save a bundle on costs.

Disneycrazymom,

You are the best. I called this am. Booked two rooms at the dolphin for the government rate. I am at a better hotel and paying less. Thank you so much! Thanks everyone for your advice. It really payed off.

diskids2 I am so glad you got the Dolphin. It is beatuiful! The boat service to Epcot and MGM is GREAT and the pool is one of the best on property. There are 2 threads on the resorts board with lots of information. One thing to do is get a Starwood Perferred Guest card before you check in. They will sometimes upgrade your room with these and you will earn points toward your next stay. Go to Starwood's web site to sign up. Enjoy your trip and the planning!:)

I am on my new adventure. I have already poured over the FAQ threads on the Dolphin and have begun to do loads of research. Planning is half the fun.

Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter