I am brand new

patwa

Earning My Ears
Hello
I am brand new to the site; thinking about taking family to Disney World for Christmas; any thoughts, pros and cons?

Welcome!

I have not yet been to Disney at Christmas but it's on my bucket list!

Though, I would like to go early in the month when the crowds are lower. A family member went last year the week between Christmas and New Years and said the crowds were shoulder to shoulder all day long and the MK did not allow anyone else to enter later in the day.

Enjoy your trip planning!

Welcome!
Christmas is one of the busiest times at Disney (the days/week after). The Park normally goes into phase closings. However if it your wish to see the parks/resorts decorated, try going the time between thanksgiving and christmas if you can. The crowds are lower and sometimes there are posted discounts.I know if you have school aged kids this is a delimma. Order a planning DVD and "book a trip" on the Disney website with dates you are thinking and save it (this creates an account with your email). By doing this you are showing disney interest and may get offers and discounts via mail/email for your time your are thinking.

Cons: insanely busy, rediculous wait times, all table service restaurants will have been booked months ago, counter service restaurants will have long waits. MK will probably close to new guests at some point that week.

Pros: you can say you survived Christmas at Disney, if you survive it that is.

We are going the week before Christmas are the crowds terrible then also?

Hello Brand New, I'm Clare ;)

Welcome to DIS... it's great here. I've only been here a couple of weeks, and everyone has made me feel right at home, so I hope you do too soon! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!