I am a Cabana Bay convert now

mischief32

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a 3 night stay at Cabana Bay for HHN. I had to originally book this hotel since there are no other APH rooms available,(that were not really expensive) at the other hotel. We decided about 3 weeks in advance to go so I booked Cabana Bay and started getting excited about it since the pools looked so nice and I loved the ability to have so many meals at the hotel. It is hard to print a nice non-expensive breakfast at the other hotels. I can not justify the price of the breakfast buffet for the price. We arrived on 10/3 at 10:30 am and run was not ready but we went to the locker room, next to gym and changed into our bathing suits. Very nice locker rooms, I was impressed. The gym was beyond words so nice and big compared to the Hard Rock and Royal Pacific. We did us it one and it was great. The room was very nice for what we needed it for. Beds were comfortable and all was very clean. I am not a fan of the product they have in the room but I always bring my own anyway. We did not have out rooms cleaned but at our request, we like our privacy and do not get maid serve if only staying a few days. They did ask though. The pools are magnificent. I am still dreaming of the lazy river. We also found our favorite adult drink an alcoholic root beer float, so yummy. It was a great time by the poo. We did not get a float but just floated around for walked around the lazy river. The food was really good in the Bayliner Diner. We ate breakfast lunch and a dinner one night there. The portions are huge. Late at night when we got back from HHN they were selling personal pizzas, desserts and drinks if you need a late night snack. Everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful. We liked it so much that I have changed my April 2 night reservation fro Club at Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay. I know that we do not get the fast pass but we did not go that much to the parks except HHN this time. I plan to get fastpasses for April. I do not think we will stay at the other hotels now unless we are there during the Holiday and really need to free fastpasses.

Glad to hear this! We have four nights booked in January. I figure with crowd levels of 2 and 3 for two of our three days (and a 4 on our other day), we won't really need the express passes. And the hotel looks so nice. We got one of the family suites even though there's only two of us because it was still only $150/night!

I think we are sticking with the pool view rooms since the suites all have outside entrances to the rooms. I prefer an inside hallway outside my room.

I think we are sticking with the pool view rooms since the suites all have outside entrances to the rooms. I prefer an inside hallway outside my room.

We had a suite with an inside hallway. You just need to be in the towers for that.

Glad to read this. Staying at Cabana Bay next month. I've heard nothing but positive things about this resort.

Tower pool suites have indoor hallways. They are more money but we enjoyed the one night we stayed. But CB is not what RPR or PBH is.

We loved Cabana bay for our 7 night stay last year and are checking in on Wednesday for 10 nights.

We have stayed in all sorts of accomodation in florida but thought it was a fantastic resort for the price. My 9 year old adored it too.

Can I ask were you bothered by the building works at all (sapphire falls or the two extra blocks being added)

I loved my recent stay at Cabana Bay as well. I was there five days at the end of Sept. My room was right by the elevator overlooking the pool. The TV had a super high refresh frame rate so it looked BETTER than my tv at home; however on occasion the signal lagged or the channel didn't work. I had almost no bars in my room and basically no bars at the Bayliner Diner. I loved the Bayliner Diner food, most especially the refill mug including Icees and hot chocolate! The dining space was amazingly huge, though I do wish the massive TVs would play Nickelodeon or something rather than the same weird loop of 1950s commercials.

While I never did it, every night they play two different movies outside by the pools which I think is really cool. I was also looking forward to the water slide and the lazy river, but sadly I got sick on my third day and never got to go in the pool.

I walked right onto a bus every time which was AMAZING since I'm used to Disney transportation. The time it took me to leave my hotel room to enter the park was always 15-20 minutes which is amazingly fast! Made it so easy to go home in the afternoon for a break!

I never heard construction noises.

We have four nights i
I loved my recent stay at Cabana Bay as well. I was there five days at the end of Sept. My room was right by the elevator overlooking the pool. The TV had a super high refresh frame rate so it looked BETTER than my tv at home; however on occasion the signal lagged or the channel didn't work. I had almost no bars in my room and basically no bars at the Bayliner Diner. I loved the Bayliner Diner food, most especially the refill mug including Icees and hot chocolate! The dining space was amazingly huge, though I do wish the massive TVs would play Nickelodeon or something rather than the same weird loop of 1950s commercials.

While I never did it, every night they play two different movies outside by the pools which I think is really cool. I was also looking forward to the water slide and the lazy river, but sadly I got sick on my third day and never got to go in the pool.

I walked right onto a bus every time which was AMAZING since I'm used to Disney transportation. The time it took me to leave my hotel room to enter the park was always 15-20 minutes which is amazingly fast! Made it so easy to go home in the afternoon for a break!

I never heard construction noises.

How was the wifi? Cell signal is less of a concern for me, since I rarely make voice calls, but DH and I communicate almost completely by text and/or google chat and so wifi is important for me.

Well, I read that you get one day of real wi-fi for free and would have to pay for the rest. I'm told there was a free crappier wi-fi, but when I tried to sign onto it, it was talking about the one day sign up so I didn't go any further. So I never used the wi-fi.

Wi-fi is perfectly fine. You get it free for your entire stay. If you want to upgrade to a faster version, you have to pay for that.

Wi-fi is perfectly fine. You get it free for your entire stay. If you want to upgrade to a faster version, you have to pay for that.

Excellent. I don't see any need for the faster wifi - we won't be streaming movies or anything - so that's really good to know. Thank you~!

We were in a std tower room on the 7th floor for 7 nights a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. The only problem we had was the low water pressure. I think it might have been due to the upper floor because we talked to a guest staying on the ground floor and he said his pressure was fine.

Get the refillable pool cup and float down the lazy river...your troubles will fade away :cloud9:

We are here now in continental 7th floor. Shower fine but sink water pressure poor.

Used laundry room twice so far. Never been busy. $3 to wash and $3 to dry. Need key to access room. There is s change machine and one selling soap powder if you need it.

Glad you all have good things to say. I have less than three weeks until my stay.

I plan on staying at CB next year after I'm finished my cruise and am constantly feeling good about my decision to stay there based on everything I read here. Please keep me informed if the construction gets in the way of a good time. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter