I admit it, I am a hotel flip flopper. I cant help it

RainK

Mouseketeer
Long ago were the trips I could just choose a hotel and stick to it. I almost feel I need an intervention, and most people cannot relate to why I spend countless hours tormenting myself over my hotel choice. I know my friends can't.

So far we have changed 4 times and 3 are within 40 days. I'm not talking about just SAYING we are changing, I am talking about physically changing my reservations with Disney, or in my case, my TA who probably wants to kill me at this point. :)

I even noticed info this with our other vacations too....thanks to my over analyzing from Disney.... But no where as much when Disney is involved.

My DH thinks I'm nuts and everyday he has learned to ask " what hotel are we booked at today ?" It's almost humorous.

But, in the end, I know our vacation will be perfect no matter where we end up. It's DISNEY after all. :-)

Lol there's a thread (support group?) for you...look on the resort boards for the resort changers thread :)

:rotfl:
I've been pretty good for this trip. I'm only on my 3rd resort:rolleyes1.
The nice thing is that there are so many great choices. The bad thing is..there are so many great choices.

This wast fifth and final resort change for my sept trip that I booked back in Oct! I don't normally change this much tho. Poly or GF is our choice resorts but couldn't afford them this yr.. So I just couldn't get happy with my choices.. I'm finally happy with CR, it's on the monorail line, in the MK area, a deluxe & the rooms are beautiful plus I was able to get a tower room with 30% off so I'm a happy camper..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Long ago were the trips I could just choose a hotel and stick to it. I almost feel I need an intervention, and most people cannot relate to why I spend countless hours tormenting myself over my hotel choice. I know my friends can't.

So far we have changed 4 times and 3 are within 40 days. I'm not talking about just SAYING we are changing, I am talking about physically changing my reservations with Disney, or in my case, my TA who probably wants to kill me at this point. :)

I even noticed info this with our other vacations too....thanks to my over analyzing from Disney.... But no where as much when Disney is involved.

My DH thinks I'm nuts and everyday he has learned to ask " what hotel are we booked at today ?" It's almost humorous.

But, in the end, I know our vacation will be perfect no matter where we end up. It's DISNEY after all. :-)

If your staying long enough, why not do a split stay stay this way you can try out two different resort's. When you checkout of the first resort, they can transfer your luggage to the next one.

Never could do that.... We've ruled out our resort choices for one reason or another thru all our trips , 49 but not by staying at all of them..

Values are not even considered... It's not how we roll...

Moderates rule about the same as values except for POFQ, that's are moderate go to....

Deluxe, we've done them all except BW, and don't consider Swan and Dolphin at since they are not Disney....

So it comes down to location in the deluxe categories and since we're big fans of the MK, those are our ruling factors.... Now throw in cost ( I'm cheap) and Poly and GF are gone... CR, we cut our teeth there many years and trips ago so we're down to the WL...

Our 2 choices for a WDW vacation....WL or POFQ, and those are decided by how many trips in one year we're taking.... See, easy for us to not be a resort changer !!

I would consider swan & dolphin if they carried DDP with their packages but that will never happen..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

You're not alone... I tend to change my mind at least 2-3 times before I actually decide on the final resort. We are on a quest to try every deluxe resort, but so far in the deluxe category, we've only stayed at the AKL and the BC and because I do love the BC so much for various reasons, I find it hard to pull the trigger on any other resort :sad2:. And you're right, no matter where you decide to stay, you will have a fabulous trip!

I think that's pretty common on these boards.

Oh how you explained my self-torment perfecty! I'm planning a trip for DH and I next April and I've pretty much gone through most of the mods and deluxes. I think there's too much information which is why I keep switching.

We have too much time right now so I could change my mind again, but my most current plan has stuck for at least 30 days now which is some sort of miracle!

I'm feeling the same way and I haven't even booked for 2014 yet. I'm wavering between a LM room and a Cars suite. I know the Cars suite is going to be super expensive but that's where the boys and DH want to stay. And then I'm thinking we could almost stay at one of the cheaper deluxe for what a suite will cost. Decisions decisions!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!