I-95 In Central South Carolina

bje1959

Earning My Ears
Heads up to travelers on I-95 in South Carolina. It is really closed for thru traffic and will be for a while. We are located in Manning, SC and until Tuesday, there was no way out of our county. They are now detouring traffic south bound at Florence onto I-20 to Columbia to I-77 South to I-26 back to I-95 South. Do not rely on your GPS to find alternate routes because there are none. Even 17 South of Myrtle Beach is now being shut down at Pawley's Island through Georgetown.

This lady relied on her GPS and almost was a fatality:

http://manninglive.com/2015/10/08/woman-saved-after-ignoring-barricade/

Oh my gosh. I thought we'd by OK for our travel to HHI on Sunday down I95. I guess I better forewarn my parents that I95 isn't getting us there the whole way.

On the positive side 20/77/26 are now open and ok. The roads being detoured onto are good to go.

Reactions: HM

Just wen through SC yesterday. It look about 4 hours to get through the state. 95 to 20 to 77 to 26 to 95 is the work around. Depending where you were are coming from, the 81/77/26 to 95 maybe a better route. Good luck.

***update*** South Carolina DOT just reopened I-95 Southbound only to all traffic.

Thanks for the updates, bje1959! :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

Stop by and visit us sometime...Exit 119. We have a WalMart about 1 mile east of 95 that welcomes campers. Great Police Dept. that patrols all night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts