Husband loves golf, hates disney; I love disney, hate golf, which resort?

Just to clarify, SSR and OKW are located on the SAME golf course, Lake Buena Vista. Of the three 18 hole layouts, LBV is the shortest. Fair warning, the villas border many of the holes, so he may get some unwanted galleries cheering him on!

Personally, go with whatever resort makes you comfortable. As a previous poster said, golfers can get free taxi rides to and from the course they are playing, tip included, so location shouldn't be too much of an issue.

If you are staying on Disney property, you get free transportation (by cab) to any of the Disney golf courses. Tip is included but we tipped anyway. We stayed at AKV and played Magnolia. The cab was outside in a minute and transported us and our clubs with no issues. He even stopped at the gas station near the MK entrance for us so we could pick up some items.

WARNING: We took a cab from BCV to the Palm course about 2 weeks ago; was flawless as they have cabs on stand-by in the BC parking lot and we were there in 10 minutes. The ride home was a train wreck however: the pro shop called a cab on our behalf and as it was late in the day, shut down about 10 minutes later and the staff went home. We waited 30 minutes before going to Shades of Green where we had to call for a cab again. Morale of the story: set your return ride up well in advance!

If he's only golfing twice I wouldn't worry about being close to the courses, they provide a free taxi to and from the courses you just have to go to the valet stand and they'll get you a taxi. If you want to avoid buses and be close to two parks stay at the BW or BC/YC, you walk or ride a boat to two parks. Also the courses aren't all by OKW/SSR so that won't really help if he wants to play different courses anyway. I think the Palm course is the most beautiful course they have and the Magnolia course has the Mickey head sand trap but those aren't by OKW/SSR.

I switched to SSR yesterday. I love the theme. The boat to DTD and the close proximity to POR for the build-your-own-pasta QS and the piano bar is a good perk also. Hubs said I could go to the spa too! My gut tells me that I will love SSR!

Just so you know it is a shorter walk to DTD crossing the new bridge then it is to catch the boat from some parts of the resort. The resort is huge and there are a lot of canals that cut off straight access to the boat dock. The resort is beautiful though and like you said close to POR and other resorts with food courts(we do the same thing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter