Huge wonderful decision to be made, please help!

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by riu girl, Jan 25, 2005.

1. riu girl

riu girl DIS Veteran

I have a wonderful decision to make and am not sure what to do. I have two choices:

1. Florida for two weeks over Christmas 2005 (1 week Disney (at a value resort)/1 week at a beach somewhere in Florida)

OR

2. All inclusive trip to Mexico/or Caribbean in 12/2005 (DH and I only) to celebrate 10th anniversary, then Disney 12/2006 with kids.

I can't afford both of these trips this year, what would you do?

Please keep in mind that we just got back from WDW last month and haven't been to Mexico/Caribbean in over a year. DH is pushing for the Mexico/Caribbean trip. I think I'd rather go to WDW but not sure. These are just two totally different kind of holidays.

DH is also talking about buying a brand new motorcycle this spring :guilty: (I hope this DOES NOT happen), but if it does I don't know if we will be going ANYWHERE!!!!

Please tell me what you would do and why if in my decision.

Suzy V.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hockeychic

Hockeychic Going for Dopey 2016

I would vote for plan 2. That way you get a romantic week with DH and a week at Disney with the family.....

4. PoohBWV

PoohBWV <font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro

I'd probably go for plan two. Two vacations instead of one!

5. Mortlives

Mortlives DIS Veteran

A 10th anniversary definitely sounds like the sort of occasion which calls for a romantic vacation for 2. Sometimes it's important to just be a couple.

Kungaloosh!
    Morticia.

6. riu girl

riu girl DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone. We have been hashing this around for the last couple of days and this is what I have decided:

1. We are going to Mexcio/Caribbean all inclusive one week (DH and I) to celebrate our 10th anniversary this Nov/Dec (our anniversary is in June but I prefer to travel south when it is cold here).

2. This spring DH is going to buy a motrocycle (but not brand new)

3. 12/2006 we are taking the kids to WDW (10 nights value resort) followed by one week in St.Petes/Clearwater.

I want to stay in a 2.5/3 star AI in Mexcio/Caribbean so I will have more $ saved for WDW in 12/2006 (since that will obviously be an expensive vacation). DH wants to stay in a 5 star (which will obviously cost more). We have stayed in everything from a 2 star (when we were both students) to a 5 star so we know what to expect at each level.

Thanks again for all the info. It seems the colder it is here in Ontario the more I plan warmer vacations. Today it was -26 this morning (before wind chill) so I have been day dreaming about holidays all day.
    Again, thanks for all the input.

Suzy V.