Huge sigh of relief

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Kerchak, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Kerchak

Kerchak "You're here for a good time not a long time!"

DW and I have really been looking forward to visiting BWV (from the UK) this Thursday to celebrate our 12th anniversary :lovestruc It's our first holiday since I started my new job 6 months ago, and I've spent a lot of time away from home and out of the country on business, so we've been looking forward to some quality time together :hug: However, 4 weeks ago dearest MIL had a stroke and has been hospitalized. Thankfully, she's made an amazing recovery, and is 95% back up to speed. :cheer2: Just as we were getting back into the holiday spirit, and revelling in our countdown, I noticed last Friday that Bailey (our gorgeous dog) was limping. We took her to the vet's on Saturday, and we were told that a grass seed could have entered her foot, so they may need to operate to remove the seed :sick: They sent us away with antibiotics and asked us to return today (Monday). Sadly her leg had worsened and swollen badly, so I had to leave her with the vet for blood tests and an xray - fearing the worst. We had resigned ourselves to canceling the holiday, but I've just spoken with the vet and got some great news. Bailey has been given the all clear - no seed ingress and no broken bones :worship: So it looks like a bad sprain that simply needs resting. Phew! So that means our return home to WDW is back on! :dance3: We can't wait!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

You've dodged some bullets! I hope this week goes smoothly and you have a wonderful trip!

Happy anniversary!:love:

Bobbi

4. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

you deserve an "anniversary" pin for sure! have a wonderful time.:wizard:

5. Corinne

Corinne DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Happy to hear your mil is doing better. Enjoy your trip!

6. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

I'm glad both of your "family" members are doing better. Hopefully it's clear sailing from here on out. Have a wonderful trip and even better anniversary.

7. cupcakefairy2u

cupcakefairy2u Its just me the cupcake fairy

Please have a WONDERFUL trip sounds well deserved !

8. AllyBri

AllyBri DIS Veteran

You deserve a great vacation. Enjoy. :wizard:

9. Kerchak

Kerchak "You're here for a good time not a long time!"

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. Disney, here we come :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::