Huge mistake made..bb fantasmic pkg. what would you do?

Dvcfan55

Mouseketeer
Hi! I hope you can help me...I made a reservation for BB right at the 60 day mark and have hyped up the whole experience of fantasmic with it to my DS whose 4. He couldn't be more excited to eat in the POc restaurant and have front row viewing to fantasmic afterwards, he talks about it with friend, family, etc. I called Disney dinning right now just to confirm they still have our reservation since I know they its a very busy night and they have sold out. The CM told me "ma'am, you have a reservation for dinner, but it's not going to be including the Fantasmic package, we only offer a limited number of packages and your reservation doesn't include this!"

He said they are sold out of packages and the best I can do is ask my server when I arrive if there's been any cancelations. So I guess I made my reservation wrong but I don't remember seeing a box to check or anything to reserve the package separately. What should I do!! BB was going to be this super special experience for DS because it's not a place we could afford to have dinner,and it REALLY doesn't have value to us if fantasmic seating doesn't come with it. I'd hate to just grab fast passes for the show since last time dh and I used these we had terrible views.

What would you do????

Any suggestions would be soo appreciated! Thanks

Unfortunately, the F! dining packages are different from regular Blue Bayou dining packages. You have to make a F! dining package reservation at the Blue Bayou specifically through the F! Dining Packages webpage. I would keep checking to see if something comes open before you get there. You have until the day before your reservation to cancel without penalty, so hopefully that gives you enough time to either find a dining package reservation or decide if you want to eat at BB without the dining package.

I would consider cancelling the BB reservation and get a Fantasmic dining package reservation with River Belle Terrance instead. It's the same Fantasmic viewing area as BB. Meal is a little cheaper. And I bet they still have some reservations left.

Keep checking the website , as cancellatrions DO happen. They may be more rare but it never hurts to check.
Alternatively you could keep the BB reservation and get a FP for Fantasmic that day. While it won't be the same viewing area , it's an option.

I would consider cancelling the BB reservation and get a Fantasmic dining package reservation with River Belle Terrance instead. It's the same Fantasmic viewing area as BB. Meal is a little cheaper. And I bet they still have some reservations left.

I agree. I ate at Riverbelle Terrace, really enjoyed my meal, and had a great spot to sit. Your other option, if they are sold out, is to get a regular fastpass. I did that in the morning a couple of weekends ago with my nephews, and we had a really good view of the show. If you do get the yellow section, make sure you get in line around 7:30 or so for seating. You can grab a bite to eat for the line.

Keep the reservations and get a F! fastpass. Dining at BB is a wonderful experience.

Thanks for all of the great ideas! I checked to see if there were any river belle terrace packages but those are sold out to. Bummer.

I wish Disney didn't separate these reservations or at least made it more clear when booking there's 2 choices.

We'll keep checking to see if there are any cancellations, this is for dapper day Friday night it's going to be packed! Does anyone know how early people might start lining up with fastpasses to get front row seats that way? In case we give up hope on blue bayou?

I would keep the BB ressie, and keep checking every day to see if there is a cancellation. Then if not, the day if the BB dinner, I would go get a FP for F! first thing in the day as backup. Then I would go to dinner at BB and ask if they can upgrade me to the F! Package. If not, you have the FPs anyway, if they upgrade you, yay! And you can always try and give someone the passes as pixie dust.

I would keep the BB ressie, and keep checking every day to see if there is a cancellation. Then if not, the day if the BB dinner, I would go get a FP for F! first thing in the day as backup. Then I would go to dinner at BB and ask if they can upgrade me to the F! Package. If not, you have the FPs anyway, if they upgrade you, yay! And you can always try and give someone the passes as pixie dust.

Great idea! Sharing pixie dust would be nice :tink:

Hi! I hope you can help me...I made a reservation for BB right at the 60 day mark and have hyped up the whole experience of fantasmic with it to my DS whose 4. He couldn't be more excited to eat in the POc restaurant and have front row viewing to fantasmic afterwards, he talks about it with friend, family, etc. I called Disney dinning right now just to confirm they still have our reservation since I know they its a very busy night and they have sold out. The CM told me "ma'am, you have a reservation for dinner, but it's not going to be including the Fantasmic package, we only offer a limited number of packages and your reservation doesn't include this!"

He said they are sold out of packages and the best I can do is ask my server when I arrive if there's been any cancelations. So I guess I made my reservation wrong but I don't remember seeing a box to check or anything to reserve the package separately. What should I do!! BB was going to be this super special experience for DS because it's not a place we could afford to have dinner,and it REALLY doesn't have value to us if fantasmic seating doesn't come with it. I'd hate to just grab fast passes for the show since last time dh and I used these we had terrible views.

What would you do????

Any suggestions would be soo appreciated! Thanks
Your dated is Sept 18th? How many in your party? If I see something open I can message you.
I fluff through the computer all day, checking on a BB F! Package for you wouldn't be a problem.

I know how important these plans can be to a parent. Thinking good thought for you to get the reservation you need.

Geemo

If you can't find a package reservation before you get there, I would stop in at Blue Bayou when they open for lunch (11) and ask if you can add the FP tickets to your existing reservations. We were told they sometimes have extras but I would want to be one of the first to ask.

Your dated is Sept 18th? How many in your party? If I see something open I can message you.
I fluff through the computer all day, checking on a BB F! Package for you wouldn't be a problem.

I know how important these plans can be to a parent. Thinking good thought for you to get the reservation you need.

Geemo

Wow that is he kindest offer! If it's not a lot of trouble that would be wonderful. You got the date right Sept. 18th and we're a party of 3. I'll be ready to jump on the booking right away if you see anything. This is such a kind gesture. Thank you!! :worship:

If you can't find a package reservation before you get there, I would stop in at Blue Bayou when they open for lunch (11) and ask if you can add the FP tickets to your existing reservations. We were told they sometimes have extras but I would want to be one of the first to ask.
Great idea. Maybe if they do have any "extras" they reserve we could claim it!

Repeating what others have already said: Just keep checking, just keep checking...

I'm helping a first time visitor plan a trip during Dapper Day weekend.
I recommended the BB F! dinner, but like the OP he booked the regular dinner. When I learned of his mistake, he was able to book RBT F! dinner. He did continue checking, and last week was able to get a BB F! reservation (about 3 weeks in advance).

Unfortunately, Pirates will be under renovation -- perhaps why there were cancellations.

I originally was going to do a BB F! pkg, but when I realized that RBT's package was in the same viewing area I decided to do that instead. I put the savings (since RBT is cheaper than BB) towards a BB lunch. That way for just a little more than I would have done for a BB F! dinner package, I'm goign to be able to do a BB lunch AND a RBT Fantasmic dining package.

Thank you for calling this to my attention. I too had BB reservations for Sept. 18. I thought I had them for Fantasmic but upon checking, I did not. I cancelled our reservation and will continue to check RBT & BB for any openings and if not, I guess it's fastpass for us!

I would also be honest with your son, find out what excites him the most? Is it eating in the POC restaurant as you said above-then keep your BB ressies.
Otherwise look into the dessert party for your F! "seating"

Thank you for calling this to my attention. I too had BB reservations for Sept. 18. I thought I had them for Fantasmic but upon checking, I did not. I cancelled our reservation and will continue to check RBT & BB for any openings and if not, I guess it's fastpass for us!

I'm very happy you caught this to before it's too late. I hope this brings awareness to F! Booking confusion for everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter