HRH Walk to USF - How Far?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by All Aboard, Feb 11, 2003.

1. All Aboard

All Aboard Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

I'm having trouble visualizing the distance from HRH to USF. How does it compare to the walk from the IOA gate to the USF gate? About the same, shorter or longer? Thanks.

Also, when at the rear of Woody's Kidzone, what part of the Hard Rock can you see just beyond the fence? Are there any HRH views of the inside of USF? Thanks again.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Hi, gcurling:

I am the world's shortest person and it takes me 5 minutes from HRH to the gate of Universal Studios. The walk is considerably shorter than the walk between the two parks, and much more peaceful!

I know you can see the Hard Rock from the Kidzone, and I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to know that you have to lug a wet child all the way to the front of the park when it seems like you can touch it from there.... :o ... but I couldn't tell you what part of the hotel that is. I'm sure someone will be able to though!

Nice seeing you again!

4. All Aboard

Thanks. Walking from the resort to the parks will be great! What a perk it would be to have a gate into USF through the back of HRH.

5. twinmomto3boys

twinmomto3boys DIS Veteran

Thank you for this question - because I was wondering the same thing!

6. All Aboard

Last night I think I figured out what was visible from Kidzone. Is it the OLD Hard Rock Cafe? Isn't that where it was located? Is it still standing?

7. Sleepy

Sleepy <font color=royalblue>I'll have to remember that o

The walk from HRH to the parks is faster if you cut through the back parking lot. It cuts out the winding trail....unless you like that sort of thing, which can be relaxing.

8. zaxmom

zaxmom DIS Veteran

We were told that it was the old Hard Rock Cafe that we could see.

9. Leigha

Leigha DIS Veteran

New to all of this - so how long does the boat ride take?

10. gschmerl

gschmerl <font color=red>Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any l

The boat ride is definitely longer than the walk. The boat only takes you to CityWalk anyway. If you take the back gate by the pool and cut across the parking lot, you're at City Walk before you know it. We sometimes took the boat back at night if we were at City Walk and a boat was waiting right there. The ride to the HRH is only a few minutes.

11. jjls

jjls Earning My Ears

The walk (going out the door by the pool) is about 7 minutes. The walk from USF to IOA is about 4 minutes. It really is amazing to be able to walk back and forth to the hotel so quickly. We were never able to take the boat from the hotel b/c once if kept going right by us although we were waiting at the dock and the only other time we tried, we waiting 15 minutes and gave up and walked.

12. sheltie4

sheltie4 Earning My Ears

i will be staying at HRH from july 5th to the 8th. So it would be faster to walk to the park than getting on the boat. I am taking my cousin down and she has never been down to Fl. before so this is her first time to go to Universal and my first time to IOA.

13. Tigger&Belle

Tigger&Belle <font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><

We never rode the boat because it was easier with a stroller to just load it up and walk. If you're real tired or it's real hot you may choose to ride the boat.

14. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The walk from the boat drop-off to USF is about the same as the walk from HRH to USF. It's further, of course, to IOA but only another 5 minutes.