HRH to IOA?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I've seen lots of mentions about how close HRH is to USF (from what I've read, about a 5 minute walk?), but I'm having trouble finding out how long it takes to get from HRH to IOA and what is the best way to get there. We don't mind walking if that's the fastest option, but didn't know if there was a better/faster way to get there. Thanks!

We walk past US, past Blue Man Group area, past Hard Rock cafe and NBA cafe (whatever it's going to be) and there is IOA. It's maybe 5 more minutes past US. HRH has the best location for short walks to the parks.

It is only another 2-5 minute walk, or a leisurely boat ride. Walking is faster then waiting for the boat, unless the boat is already docked, or your room is on the other side of the hotel. We stayed on the side that had an exit door right off the back side of the hotel close to the walkway and made it to USF in 3 minutes and IoA in about 7 minutes. The entrances to both parks are only 2-5 minute walk of each other. If you are having trouble putting it in perspective google maps shows the layout really well.

The two parks are adjacent, so once you pass one entrance you just keep going for a few minutes and you'll get to the other entrance.

Thank you for asking this!!

I checked google maps originally and it was telling me it was a 16 minute walk, and I was like whoa, that doesn't seem right. I love when DISfriends know more than Google.

Thanks for the times and the perspective!!

Thank you for asking this!!

I checked google maps originally and it was telling me it was a 16 minute walk, and I was like whoa, that doesn't seem right. I love when DISfriends know more than Google.

Thanks for the times and the perspective!!

I'm pretty sure I could crawl from HRH to IOA in 16 minutes! :teeth:

Take the secret back way to shave quite a few minutes to either park...out the main HRH entrance then go hard left, past palm restaurant, down the stairs to the self park lot and head left again through self park to the employee lot (go through shrubs there's a path), continue to the back of the employee lot through some more shrubs (there's a path) and boom your practically at the gate...

It saves quite few minutes, took it 2 weeks ago when I forgot something in the room. Saves the hassle of cutting through the pool area...Couldn't get DW to follow me once I told her we had to cut through the shrubs, but the kids thought it was fun / funny

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter