HRH ...dropping off car rental

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by disneyred, Apr 7, 2013.

1. disneyred

disneyred DIS Veteran

Friends are driving around areas of Florida ex Miami and others.. He will end up checking in at HRH and want to return the car onsite as he won't need it anymore. .to avoid the daily car fee.
    Can this be done? What car rental is onsite. If not , what is the best option for him?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

Hertz Rental Car Services
    Hertz Desks are located next to Attraction Ticket Center and are open 7 days a week from 8am – 5pm.

To make a reservation please call:
    Hard Rock Hotel: 407-503-2156
    Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: 407-503-1156
    Loews Royal Pacific Resort: 407-503-3156
    *Based on availability

this is the only car rental onsite at the hotels.

4. disneyred

disneyred DIS Veteran

thanks for info... i will have to make sure he has a rental from Hertz... but just from past experience....just for me... i have never gotten any good deals from Hertz yet . will have to remind him to look now.... much appreciated.

5. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i also avoid renting from Hertz.

really no deals with them.

there are some other car rental places around I Drive.

they could do a drop off in that area and then grab a cab for about $5-7 to get to hrh.

6. hpriamson

hpriamson Mouseketeer

There's an Avis in the Doubletree and a Budget in the Holiday Inn, both directly across the street from the Universal parking garages. As I understand it, most people in those hotels just walk to the parks, so it's an easy drop off & return. I'm planning on doing the opposite - walking to Budget to pick up a van on the last day of our HRH stay.

7. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i have read some trip reports that peeps have stated they took taxi's from Doubletree hotel to UO for $5.
    but, if the friend drops the luggage off at the hotel and then returns the rental to Avis/Budget, it would be a short walk back to the hotel.

op now has other options to tell his friend about car rentals.

those two hotels are closer to UO than the ones on I Drive.

8. disneyred

disneyred DIS Veteran

Great.. Thanks for the great info here. I have a feeling he will go with your suggestion of going across street if its an easy and close walk!