HP birthday gift before trip and gift card questions...

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by doclegler, Sep 15, 2011.

1. doclegler

doclegler DIS Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
    We are surprising our children on our middle son's bday in a few weeks with the news that they will be going to IoA to see HP in October. I'm just wondering, is there a great HP gift that would really spark his interest (and that's not too expensive...Target, Walmart, etc)?? The 2 older boys have already seen most of the movies and read the first book, and I want to get them all excited! :banana:
    And one more question...what gift card would you purchase for this visit? I'd like to get them all one so that I don't have to carry 3 wallets and keep track of money. I know the Universal gift cards don't work well at US.
    Thanks so much. Can't wait to make this a spectacular trip for everyone!!:thumbsup2
  2. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

Oct 21, 2008
    We are getting DD a snowy owl ($8-$10 on amazon) and putting a letter on it's foot. Boys might like a HP video game if they don't have one. DD hasn't gotten into them too much yet.

From things I've read here, the US gift card isn't very desirable. I think we'll get DD a $50 Visa gift card from the bank to use there if I can find one with no fee. Our bank charges a $4.95 fee. :confused3 I think Discover will give us a gift card with no fee using our cashback so may go with them.
  3. Zim

Zim Meow meow

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm surprising my DD13 at the end of November. I'm going to send her on a hunt.... scrapbook.com has a great assortment of papers (including a Marauder's Map!) and faux wax seal stickers, all relatively inexpensive. So she goes on a clue hunt throughout the house with a final 'treasure' being the Snapfish photobook I got with a freebie coupon code with pics from our last trip there... at the end of the book it says "Wish we could go again... "Acciouniverso!" and attached to the back page - a 'coupon' for one free butterbeer good only in November during the week we'll be there.

I may also get a few HP trinkets. I got her a t-shirt from the Warner Brother's store but I already broke down and gave that to her (ack!). But if you have a Hottopic nearby, they always have Harry Potter trinkets, and right now quite a few on clearance.

Hope that helps...